+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst 1 6 16 26 37 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Treatment and Prevention

1. Link to Post #301
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 times in 274 posts

Default Re: Covid-19 Treatment and Prevention

In the region where I am from, it has been found internally that this covid CCP virus is a blood coagulation problem, and not a respiratory problem at all. This is 100%

the white patches in the lungs are a result of not enough oxygen getting to the lungs because the blood delivery is coagulated before reaching the lungs. The blood clots occur throughout the body gradually, and when it occurs in the brain stem, seizures can occur.

All any treatment has to do is the anti-coagulate the blood. HCQ is a form of that, Aspirin will also do the trick. China has found that out already and has been busy issuing their own form of anti-coagulants and fever reduction remedy "Lianhua Qingwen".

Anything to do with ventilators / intubation is a hoax.

I'm sharing what I know from the hospital grapevines around here, unlike the complicit goon doctors / murderers in the NYC med system, and not any BS news propaganda outlets.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to spade For This Post:

Agape (14th June 2020), Bill Ryan (14th June 2020), greybeard (15th June 2020), Gwin Ru (12th June 2020), justntime2learn (14th June 2020), onawah (15th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (15th June 2020), Sunny (12th June 2020), ulli (12th June 2020), wondering (12th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #302
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,472 times in 4,333 posts

In the comment section following this article:

Recovered 'coronavirus patients' report health issues months later

Reader Comments
    Joyly · about 12 hours ago

My personal experience of having contracted CV19 and after a history of bronchial infections which would typically take up to a month to recover from and get rid of the build up of congestion, was that as soon as I started taking Vit C and Bicarbonate soda and olive leaf extract five times a day plus hot ginger lemon and honey teas, I started to feel better within a couple of days and greatly improved after 7-10 days. Then I stopped. I also started sunbaths because I know my deficiency in Vit D most like played a part. I noticed shortness of breath about once a week and immediately went back to the above treatment.

These people definitely need help but not drugs; they need help to support their immune system, which is all I did. Give them tests for Vit D deficiency and dose them up with Vit C and then nature will take care of them.
    Joyly · about 12 hours ago

Joyly how many people particularly in the West and specifically in the over 60 age group have a healthy diet, 3 litres of water daily, appropriate exercise like dancing, sunbath 3 times a week. And do things for fun. Watch movies to have a good laugh. Maybe these are the reasons why they are in the high risk group.

I am 76 and my state of health (my immunity) is my responsibility. And I do not take any drugs (meds).

Finch · about an hour ago

Joyly Great advice! For me (58), hitting in middle of -10 F weather, vitamin D was likely at lowest for the year. Experienced CV1984 in late January while living in a house with 15 others (also with CV1984) from ten countries. In late January when CV1984 was stronger (subsequent generations of transmission, given natural mutations, is always weaker). Here is what I used as protocol ):

1. Grated Ginger and tumeric tea, all day every day

2. IV vitamins C, Magnesium, Zinc, Glutathione, and german homeopathic liver support through IV (even a 9 year old girl asked for one)

3. An herbalist (aka taxi driver) went into forest for 30 minutes to get herbs to treat my bad cough

4. Kambo (jungle vaccine, is what it is called, lol)

5. Lots of freshly picked fruit (again, thanks to amazing taxi driver, who could reach fruit out his car window)

6. Andean "medicine" designed to treat low O2 saturation (because I was in the mountains, and normally live at 600 ft above sea level)

Upon arriving home:

7. After 24 hours travel to get home, experienced a little pneumonia. VERY odd because I've NEVER experienced that before! Have an industrial O2 generator at home (who doesn't, lol, it lives next to our mass spec, yes, a little geek in all of us?), and did actually spend an hour, twice a day, for two days, using a nasal canula. It honestly felt so good! O2 never dropped, just didn't like needing to clear lungs of fluid, it DOES feel a little like drowning. But NEVER EVER had breathing difficulties, just a bad cough and like a 1 degree temp on and off for 2-3 weeks.

8. Teas made out of maybe 20-30 fresh and dried herbs, daily, along with TWO JARS of Chyawanprash (aryuvedic) in two days (lol you are supposed to use one spoon a day, oops), very high in vitamins and minerals.

9. Sunbathing in 36-38 F degree weather (you put your sun lounger firmly in snow, on top of a rug if there is also ice). At least one hour a day, while shivering and nose running because it is COLD even if you lay directly under the sun. On days that reached a balmy 42 F, two hours outside.

10. Total duration, maybe 5 weeks. I was up and about (all pre-lockdown), even went to an AMAZING restaurant 200 miles away, in between my and my daughter's birthday, 1 March - and remember wishing I felt a little bit better than I did, so I guess 5 weeks to feel 85%, and another 1-2 weeks to get back to 100%. But throughout the 5 weeks, the symptoms were more aggravating than serious, Odd symptoms came and went, some days even initially I felt 85%,thought I was recovering, then others 50% than back to 90%, it took a lot of patience. Sidenote: my much older husband picked me up from the airport, took care of me, and never caught it!
    Joyly · 42 minutes ago

Finch well you certainly threw everything at it. Do you know from tests whether you got your Vit D up? I have just had blood test, get results tomorrow. I think the D is more important than previously thought.

I was also having a lot of fruit 2 - 3 bananas, oranges, and apples everyday plus blueberries and grapes or melons. With barley greens and spirulina. More fruit than I have ever had in my life before.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Agape (14th June 2020), Alekahn2 (16th June 2020), Bill Ryan (14th June 2020), Delight (14th June 2020), greybeard (15th June 2020), justntime2learn (14th June 2020), onawah (15th June 2020), Rosemarie (17th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (15th June 2020), spade (15th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #303
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,103 times in 20,640 posts

Magnesium and K2 Optimize Your Vitamin D Supplementation
    by Dr. Joseph Mercola
    June 15, 2020
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a..._rid=894654363

"STORY AT-A-GLANCE
    If you take supplemental vitamin D3, you also need to be mindful of taking extra vitamin K2 and magnesium
    It’s important to increase your vitamin K2 intake when taking high-dose supplemental vitamin D to avoid complications associated with excessive arterial calcification
    You need 146% more vitamin D to achieve a blood level of 40 ng/ml (100 nmol/L) if you do not take supplemental magnesium, compared to taking your vitamin D with at least 400 mg of magnesium per day
    Vitamin D improves magnesium absorption, but taking large doses of vitamin D can deplete magnesium, as magnesium is required in the conversion of vitamin D into its active form
    Combined intake of both supplemental magnesium and vitamin K2 has a greater effect on vitamin D levels than either individually. You need 244% more oral vitamin D if you’re not concomitantly taking magnesium and vitamin K2
    Optimizing your vitamin D level is ideally done through sensible sun exposure. However, many simply are unable to obtain sufficient levels from the sun alone and need supplemental vitamin D. In this case, nutritional synergies become an important factor.

According to research by GrassrootsHealth,1 “combined intake of both supplemental magnesium and vitamin K2 has a greater effect on vitamin D levels than either individually,” and “those taking both supplemental magnesium and vitamin K2 have a higher vitamin D level for any given vitamin D intake amount than those taking either supplemental magnesium or vitamin K2 or neither.”

You Need 2.5 Times More D if Not Taking Magnesium and K2
    GrassrootsHealth is a nonprofit, independent public health research institute that has been conducting large-scale population-based nutrient research since 2007.2 While a significant focus is on vitamin D, the organization has also branched into other nutrients.

Its D*action project includes a global cohort of over 10,000 self-subscribed individuals who, anonymously, provide information about their supplement use and overall health status.

GrassrootsHealth research shows blood levels in the range of 40 nanograms per milliliter to 60 ng/ml (100 nanomoles per liter to 150 nmol/L) are safe, effective and will lower overall disease incidence and health care costs.3

That said, other nutrients have been shown to work synergistically with vitamin D, and being deficient in them can significantly influence your vitamin D status as well. Importantly, data from nearly 3,000 individuals reveal you need 244% more oral vitamin D if you’re not also taking magnesium and vitamin K2. As reported by GrassrootsHealth:4

“… 244% more supplemental vitamin D was needed for 50% of the population to achieve 40 ng/ml (100 nmol/L) for those not taking supplemental magnesium or vitamin K2 compared to those who usually took both supplemental magnesium and vitamin K2.”

What this means in practical terms is that if you take all three supplements in combination, you need far less oral vitamin D in order to achieve a healthy vitamin D level.

How Magnesium Affects Vitamin D
    I’ve previously written about the importance of taking vitamin K2 when you’re taking high-dose supplemental vitamin D to avoid complications associated with excessive calcification in your arteries. In fact, relative vitamin K2 deficiency is typically what produces symptoms of “vitamin D toxicity.”

That said, magnesium is also a crucial part of the equation, as it is a component necessary for the activation of vitamin D. Without sufficient amounts of it, your body cannot properly utilize the vitamin D you’re taking.5,6,7,8

This actually helps explain why many need rather high doses of vitamin D to optimize their levels — it could be that they simply have insufficient amounts of magnesium in their system to activate the vitamin D. As noted by Mohammed Razzaque, professor of pathology at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Pennsylvania:9

"People are taking vitamin D supplements but don't realize how it gets metabolized. Without magnesium, vitamin D is not really useful. By consuming an optimal amount of magnesium, one may be able to lower the risks of vitamin D deficiency, and reduce the dependency on vitamin D supplements.”

According to a scientific review10,11 published in 2018, as many as 50% of Americans taking vitamin D supplements may not get significant benefit as the vitamin D simply gets stored in its inactive form, and the reason for this is because they have insufficient magnesium levels.

Research published in 2013 also highlighted this issue, concluding that higher magnesium intake helps reduce your risk of vitamin D deficiency by activating more of it. As noted by the authors:12

“High intake of total, dietary or supplemental magnesium was independently associated with significantly reduced risks of vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency respectively.

Intake of magnesium significantly interacted with intake of vitamin D in relation to risk of both vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency … Our preliminary findings indicate it is possible that magnesium intake alone or its interaction with vitamin D intake may contribute to vitamin D status.”

Similarly, GrassrootsHealth has found13 you need 146% more vitamin D to achieve a blood level of 40 ng/ml (100 nmol/L) if you do not take supplemental magnesium, compared to taking your vitamin D with at least 400 mg of magnesium per day.

The interplay between magnesium and vitamin D isn’t a one-way street, though. It goes both ways. Interestingly, while vitamin D improves magnesium absorption,14 taking large doses of vitamin D can also deplete magnesium.15 Again, the reason for that is because magnesium is required in the conversion of vitamin D into its active form.Vitamins D, B12 and Magnesium May Affect COVID-19 Outcomes
    While vitamin D and magnesium are important for overall health year-round, they may be of particular importance right now, as we’re still dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic in many areas of the world, and a second wave is expected in the fall.

According to preliminary research,16,17 that is still undergoing peer review, older COVID-19 patients given a combination of vitamin D, magnesium and vitamin B12 fared significantly better than those who did not receive the supplements:

“Between 15 January and 15 April 2020, 43 consecutive COVID-19 patients aged ≥50 were identified. 17 patients received DMB [vitamin D, magnesium and B12] and 26 patients did not. Baseline demographic characteristics between the two groups were similar.

Significantly fewer DMB patients than controls required initiation of oxygen therapy subsequently throughout their hospitalization (17.6% vs 61.5%). DMB exposure was associated with odds ratios of 0.13 … and 0.15 … for oxygen therapy need and/or intensive care support on univariate and multivariate analyses respectively.

Conclusions: DMB combination in older COVID-19 patients was associated with a significant reduction in proportion of patients with clinical deterioration requiring oxygen support and/or intensive care support. This study supports further larger randomized control trials to ascertain the full benefit of DMB in ameliorating COVID-19 severity.”

Signs of Vitamin D Deficiency
    The idea that vitamin D might play a role in COVID-19 severity makes sense considering its importance in infections, including viral infections, in general. Vitamin D helps regulate your immune function, and deficiency is associated with more frequent infections and inflammation-related illnesses of all types. Other common signs and symptoms of vitamin D deficiency include:18

Muscle weakness and fatigue
    Bone and joint pain, as well as fractures
    Depression
    Impaired cognition and headaches
    Slow wound healing
    To improve your immune function and lower your risk of viral infections, you’ll want to raise your vitamin D to a level between 60 ng/mL and 80 ng/mL by fall. In Europe, the measurements you’re looking for are 150 nmol/L and 200 nmol/L. Optimizing your vitamin D is particularly important if you are older or have darker skin.
    Long-term deficiency can also contribute to more chronic health problems, including rickets, cardiovascular disease and autoimmune disease.19 Risk factors for vitamin D deficiency include:

Rarely spending time outdoors and/or always wearing sunscreen
    Having darker skin
    Being over the age of 50
    Obesity
    Having gastrointestinal problems
    Optimize Your Vitamin D Before Fall
    Aside from age and comorbidities such as diabetes, obesity and heart disease, vitamin D deficiency has also been identified as an underlying factor that significantly impacts COVID-19 severity and mortality. I discuss this in “Vitamin D Is Directly Correlated to COVID-19 Outcome.”

The following graph is from a May 18, 2020, letter20 to the Federal Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel, from retired biochemist Bernd Glauner and Lorenz Borsche, in which they highlight studies21 showing a clear correlation between COVID-19 mortality and vitamin D levels.

It’s important to note that experts are already warning SARS-CoV-2 may reemerge in the fall when temperatures and humidity levels drop, thereby increasing the virus’ transmissibility.

To improve your immune function and lower your risk of viral infections, you’ll want to raise your vitamin D to a level between 60 ng/mL and 80 ng/mL by fall. In Europe, the measurements you’re looking for are 150 nmol/L and 200 nmol/L. Optimizing your vitamin D is particularly important if you are older or have darker skin.

One of the easiest and most cost-effective ways of measuring your vitamin D level is to participate in the GrassrootsHealth’s personalized nutrition project, which includes a vitamin D testing kit, either alone or in combination with the omega-3 test. This is done in the convenience of your home.

To make sure your vitamin D level and immune system function are optimized, follow these three steps:

1.First, measure your vitamin D level — Once you know what your blood level is, you can assess the dose needed to maintain or improve your level. The easiest way to raise your level is by getting regular, safe sun exposure, but if you’re very dark-skinned, you may need to spend about 1.5 hours a day in the sun to have any noticeable effect.

Those with very light skin may need only 15 minutes a day, which is far easier to achieve. Still, they too will typically struggle to maintain ideal levels during the winter. So, depending on your situation, you may need to use an oral vitamin D3 supplement. The next question then becomes, how much do you need?

2.Assess your individualized vitamin D dosage — To do that, you can either use the chart below, or use GrassrootsHealth’s Vitamin D*calculator. To convert ng/mL into the European measurement (nmol/L), simply multiply the ng/mL measurement by 2.5. To calculate how much vitamin D you may be getting from regular sun exposure in addition to your supplemental intake, consider using the DMinder app.22

3.Retest in three to six months — Lastly, you’ll need to remeasure your vitamin D level in three to six months, to evaluate how your sun exposure and/or supplement dose is working for you.

Not only will optimizing your vitamin D be an important strategy for you and your family, but it would be really helpful to start thinking about your community as well.

If you can, speak to pastors in churches with large congregations of people of color and help them start a program getting their congregation on vitamin D, and if you have a family member or know anyone who is in an assisted living facility, meet with the director of the program and encourage them to get everyone tested or at least start them on vitamin D.

I am currently in the process of writing a comprehensive resource book to help you in this effort. We really need an army of people to make a difference and build up the immune resiliency of the population before the next wave hits in the fall. This will work FAR better than any unsafe and untested vaccine that will most likely never be ready by the fall anyway.

+ Sources and References1, 4 GrassrootsHealth Magnesium and Vitamin K2 Combined Important for Vitamin D Levels
    2, 3 GrassrootsHealth.net
    5 Live Science February 26, 2018
    6 Medicalxpress.com February 27, 2018
    7 News-Medical.net February 26, 2018
    8 Wellandgood.com February 26, 2018
    9 Eurekalert February 27, 2018
    10 Journal of the American Osteopathic Association March 2018; 118: 181-189
    11 Science Daily February 2018
    12 BMC Medicine 2013; 11: 187
    13 GrassrootsHealth Is Supplemental Magnesium Important for Vitamin D Levels?
    14 Magnesium Research March 1995; 8(1): 19-26
    15 American Journal of Therapeutics Jan/Feb 2019; 26(1): e124-e132
    16 Medrxiv.org June 2, 2020 DOI: 10.1101/2020.06.01.20112334
    17 News-medical.net June 4, 2020
    18, 19 Medical News Today, About Vitamin D
    20 Letter to Dr. Angela Merkel from Bernd Glauner and Lorenz Borsche, May 18, 2020 (PDF)
    21 Selected Publications on the Role of Vitamin D Regarding the Mortality of COVID-19 Patients (PDF)
    22 DMinder app
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alekahn2 (16th June 2020), avid (24th July 2020), Bill Ryan (24th June 2020), Delight (15th June 2020), Harmony (8th July 2020), justntime2learn (15th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (15th June 2020), Sunny (16th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #304
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What You Need to Know About Vitamin C Dosage
    by Dr. Joseph Mercola
    June 15, 2020
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a..._rid=894654363

"STORY AT-A-GLANCE
    Vitamin C boosts the immune system, lessens cognitive decline, improves cardiovascular function, reduces oxidative stress, mineralizes bones and may be toxic to cancer cells
    The adult RDA for vitamin C, 90 mg a day for men and 75 mg for women, should be much higher, according to a video from James DiNicolantonio, PharmD
    Studies have calculated vitamin C saturation on the basis of excretion, which caused them to incorrectly conclude that higher doses are not effective
    Optimal doses of vitamin C can be as high as 1,250 mg twice daily; even 2.5 grams per day does not produce full saturation and may have benefits
    Vitamin C has been shown to kill lymphoma cells and help fight prostate, pancreatic, hepatocellular, colon, mesothelioma and neuroblastoma cancers

Oral and Intravenous Vitamin C Treatment Differs
    Research conducted by Dr. Mark Levine and colleagues and cited in DiNicolantonio's video established a clear difference in saturation levels between orally administered and intravenous administered of vitamin C, which likely explains the different trial results. According to the National Cancer Institute:11

"[T]he oral vitamin C doses used in the Mayo Clinic studies would have produced peak plasma concentration of less than 200 μM [micromolars]. In contrast, the same dose given intravenously, as used in the Pauling studies, would produce peak plasma concentrations of nearly 6 mM, more than 25 times higher.

When given orally, vitamin C concentration in human plasma is tightly controlled by multiple mechanisms acting together: intestinal absorption, tissue accumulation, renal reabsorption and excretion, and potentially even the rate of utilization."

Administering vitamin C intravenously bypasses these tight controls and significantly higher vitamin C plasma concentrations can be achieved, says the Institute:12

"Given the fact that cancer patients were only treated with vitamin C orally in the Mayo Clinic studies, the studies do not disprove high dose vitamin C's efficacy as a cancer treatment."

Virtually all high-dose vitamin C treatments, whether used as monotherapy or in combination with cancer drugs, show improved quality of life, minimized pain and protection of normal tissues, says the Institute.13

Vitamin C Saturation Has Been Misunderstood
    According to DiNicolantonio, optimal vitamin C levels have long been misunderstood. If a dose of vitamin C did not greatly increase blood levels, researchers have claimed that saturation had been produced and higher doses were redundant.14

The problem was, the video notes, researchers did not realize the apparent "redundancy" stemmed from the fact that some of the vitamin C had been excreted just as salt and water are excreted.15 It did not mean more vitamin C was not being absorbed.

Moreover, some researchers have used white blood cells to ascertain how much vitamin C has been absorbed, even though white blood cells can register high levels of the nutrient when supplies elsewhere in the body are low, according to Medical News Today.16

Because of the faulty doses rendered by misread saturation levels, DiNicolantonio agrees with Levine and colleagues that the recommended dose of daily vitamin C should be much higher than has been established. The adult RDA for adults is currently 90 milligrams (mg) a day for men and 75 mg for nonlactating women.17

Writing in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, Levine and his group comment on results from a vitamin C trial:18

"The steep portion of the curve occurred between the 30- and 100-mg daily dose, the current RDA of 60 mg daily [when the paper was written] was on the lower third of the curve, the first dose beyond the sigmoid portion of the curve was 200 mg daily, and complete plasma saturation occurred at 1000 mg daily …

Bioavailability was complete for 200 mg of vitamin C as a single dose. No vitamin C was excreted in urine of six of seven volunteers until the 100-mg dose. At single doses of 500 mg and higher, bioavailability declined and the absorbed amount was excreted … Based on these data … the current RDA of 60 mg daily should be increased to 200 mg daily."

Vitamin C Requirements Could Be as High as 2.5 Grams a Day
    Referring to other vitamin C research in his video, DiNicolantonio says he believes the optimal dose may well be much higher than 200 mg daily. Research shows there is a huge gap between the amount of vitamin C ingested and the blood levels that are achieved, and that divided doses are also crucial in achieving optimal levels.19

For example, to achieve 80 μM of vitamin C you need to take 1,250 mg twice a day, says DiNicolantonio, and to achieve 250 μM of vitamin C, you need to take 5 grams a day. Even 2.5 grams of vitamin C per day does not produce fully saturated vitamin C blood levels, he notes.20

Research that DiNicolantonio cites in the video verifies his stance that vitamin C RDAs need to be increased to achieve more of its benefits. A paper published in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine stated:21

"Numerous studies have demonstrated that vitamin C consumption higher than the RDA enhances the immune system and decreases the risk of DNA damage. Vitamin C greater than 400 mg/day can improve protection against oxidative stress, certain cancers, and degenerative and chronic diseases."

In one study of high-dose vitamin C supplementation cited in the paper, improvements in male fertility were seen:22

"A recent study has shown that vitamin C supplementation (1000 mg twice daily, for a maximum of 2 months) in infertile men might improve sperm count, sperm motility, and sperm morphology and might have a place as an additional supplement to improve the semen quality leading to conception."

There is another reason for vitamin C supplementation, wrote the researchers. Contemporary farming practices, which are so reliant on GMOs, pesticides, herbicides and heavy processing of the food, all deplete nutrients and add to the increased need many have for vitamin C. According to the article:23

"… modern farming leads to a lowering in food quality, inducing a considerable loss of micronutrients, and not allowing a sufficient intake of vitamin C simply through food consumption."

Vitamin C Offers Many Benefits
    Vitamin C offers many impressive benefits for your immune system and other important systems in your body. That's why it is so important to achieve the correct dose; suboptimal levels of vitamin C will probably not produce the many available benefits.

According to The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vitamin C enhances the immune system by stimulating leukocyte function, antimicrobicidal and natural killer cell activities and lymphocyte proliferation.24 High levels of vitamin C, according to the journal, also protects:25

"… against damage to blood vessels and very significantly reduce mortality rates in the elderly. Indeed, Fletcher et al. have measured that men (mean age 80 years) with 100 mg daily vitamin C intake presented a mortality risk nearly half that compared to peer men with a consumption of 50 mg/day.

Moreover, men with low serum ascorbate concentrations may have an increased risk of mortality. A large body of evidence demonstrates that high dietary vitamin C supplementation (between 1 and 10 g/day or more …) can enhance resistance to and improve recovery from infectious, degenerative diseases, and certain types of cancer …

Large doses of ascorbate have been found to reduce cardiovascular disease risk, lengthen the lifespan of patients with cancer, and … lengthen lifespan in general. Moreover, daily supplementation with 1000 mg of ascorbic acid results in a significant decrease of blood-lead levels associated with the general population."

Oxidative stress that is associated with so many diseases may increase your need for vitamin C, the research also stated.26 Special populations may also require higher doses. According to the journal Health:27

"The safety and benefit of vitamin C supplements is of critical importance, especially for those in war zones at risk for brain trauma or of advancing years at risk for chronic disease and stroke."

Vitamin C May Help Fight Cancers
    There is strong scientific evidence that high doses of vitamin C are a tool against some cancers. According to DiNicolantonio's video, liposomal vitamin C can produce blood levels that have a 50% kill rate against lymphoma cells in vitro — a dramatic finding.28

Vitamin C has shown effectiveness against prostate, pancreatic, hepatocellular, colon, mesothelioma and neuroblastoma cell lines.29 According to the Stephenson Cancer Center:30

"The potential mechanisms through which treatment with high-dose ascorbic acid may exert its effects on cancer cells have been extensively investigated. Several studies have demonstrated that the in vitro direct cytotoxic effect of ascorbic acid on various types of cancer cells is mediated through a chemical reaction that generates hydrogen peroxide.

Treating colon cancer cells with 2 mM to 3 mM of ascorbic acid resulted in downregulation of specificity protein (Sp) transcription factors, iron metabolism disruption, and Sp-regulated genes involved in cancer progression.

One study suggested that ascorbate-mediated prostate cancer cell death may occur through activation of an autophagy pathway … Another in vitro study found that ascorbic acid killed colorectal cancer cells with KRAS or BRAF mutations by inhibiting the enzyme glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase."

Vitamin C Benefits May Be Downplayed
    With benefits from immune enhancement and fighting cancers to improving cardiovascular function, reducing oxidative stress, mineralizing bones and lessening cognitive decline,31 why is vitamin C not a staple of mainstream medicine?

The answer is that since vitamin C is not "patentable," drug makers see no profit in pursuing its therapeutics or performing clinical trials. That means doctors and practitioners are told about high-priced and likely less effective treatments more frequently than they are told about lower-priced and accessible vitamin C.

Just as the public often doesn't know about vitamin C benefits, the optimal doses of vitamin C are also often hidden, as DiNicolantonio points out in his excellent video. Clearly, the RDAs for vitamin C need to be much higher."

+ Sources and References1, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26 The Journal Of Alternative And Complementary Medicine Volume 14, Number 10, 2008, pp. 1291–1298
    2, 27, 31 Health Vol.2, No.8, 819-823 (2010)
    3, 14, 15, 19, 20, 28 What Is An Optimal Dose of Vitamin C? May 29, 2020
    4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 National Cancer Institute January 24, 2020
    6, 7 Oregon State University 2020
    16 Medical News Today 2020
    17 NIH 2020 (graph)
    18 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 1996 Apr 16; 93(8): 3704–3709
    22 Journal of Medicinal Food February and June 2005
    29, 30 Stephenson Cancer Center 2020
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alekahn2 (16th June 2020), Bill Ryan (24th June 2020), Delight (15th June 2020), Harmony (8th July 2020), mountain_jim (16th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (15th June 2020), Sunny (16th June 2020), thepainterdoug (31st July 2020)

9. Link to Post #305
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Covid-19 psychosis defeated: How Belarus ignored the WHO and beat coronavirus

Natalya Grigoryeva
    Fort Russ News
    Sat, 20 Jun 2020 06:02 UTC

Alexander Lukashenko © Sputnik

Speaking to Grodno labor collectives on June 16, President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko explained that his country's experience in combating coronavirus infection has already become "the property of the whole world", and the World Bank is even ready to allocate $ 300 million to Minsk to share the details of its tactics.

Such statements by the Belarusian leader during the Covid-19 pandemic are not new. He had previously said that the situation in Belarus had become interesting to the world community, since they didn't go along the path recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO), preferring not to quarantine the country. At the same time, Minsk always reminded that not only Belarus decided to act according to a similar scenario, citing Sweden as an example.

The Belarusian authorities have repeatedly emphasized that they managed to prevent high mortality from coronavirus in the country due to the fact that the Soviet health care system was preserved here, and all necessary measures were taken to fight for every human life. According to the official position of the head of the Belarusian Ministry of Health, Vladimir Karanik, it helps to cope with the disease by the fact that "unlike most European countries, Belarus has maintained a sanitary and epidemiological service, the country is also provided with doctors, a bed facility, oxygen access points, and mechanical ventilation devices (mechanical ventilation) , an adequate level of laboratory diagnosis. "
    "In general, low mortality in patients with coronavirus infection in the republic is explained by early diagnosis and detection of infection in people who do not have symptoms, effective measures to isolate patients and contacts. Effective epidemiological measures to protect vulnerable groups of the population - the elderly and senile, as well as those with some chronic diseases, also explain the low mortality from Covid-19 infection, " the Belarusian department noted earlier.
    Formally, the fact that Belarus really managed to turn the tide, and since the end of May the country has been on a plateau, is confirmed by official statistics. Over the past weeks, the incidence rate in the republic of coronavirus began to decrease gradually, and the number of people who recovered, on the contrary, increased sharply. For example, by June 19, Belarus already officially had an excess of the number of people recovering from Covid-19 over newly diagnosed cases for two weeks running.

Only 57,333 cases of infection were recorded, which amounted to an increase of 676 people per day (+ 1.2%). At the same time, 35,275 patients recovered, or 1,252 over the past day (+ 3.6%). 337 patients died at this incidence rate. In total, 821,887 tests were carried out in the country, which is still one of the highest indicators in the post-Soviet space. It's worth noting that the mortality rate of 4-7 people per day, even despite a decrease in the incidence rate, remains the same. This, together with a number of other reasons, including the stable increase of about 900 people a day since the end of April, has long called into question the veracity of the information given by the Belarusian authorities about the real situation in the country.

It is worth recalling that Belarus did not officially declare a state of emergency due to the spread of coronavirus infection, although the first case was recorded before the pandemic was announced in late February. Against the backdrop of a panicking Europe, Belarus actually turned into almost the most liberal country, where human rights and freedoms were not curtailed. As you know, Belarusian educational institutions formally continued to work, a number of major public events were held, including the Republican community work day and the Victory Parade in Minsk, most sports championships continued, and the republic left the borders open.

This was officially explained by the fact that quarantining the country would lead to serious problems in the economy, because of which there would be nothing to "eat". And this position of the Belarusian leader at the beginning of the pandemic was explained quite simply - against the backdrop of the ongoing economic recession and the upcoming August 9 presidential election, stopping any non-political activity in the country threatened with serious socio-economic upheavals. Moreover, it must be remembered that in Belarus, about half of those employed work at state enterprises or are civil servants, and sending them to quarantine should have been paid by the state, which simply does not have money for it.

Together with the inability to go out, this could give rise to a high level of tension in Belarusian society, which could well provoke massive protests and problems in the presidential election. Therefore, the republic's authorities decided not to officially impose quarantine, publicly showing people that there is no serious danger in the country, and all this is "coronapsychosis," which is beneficial to someone. Alexander Lukashenko personally became the leader of this opinion, speaking publicly without wearing a mask, greeting him as before, and advising Belarusians, either as a joke or seriously, to be treated with vodka, butter, breathe the smoke of a fire and ride a tractor.
    "Wash your hands more often, have breakfast in time, have lunch and dinner, you need to not only wash your hands with vodka, but also, taking into account pure alcohol, take 40-50 grams and poison this virus. But not at work ... No panic, just work. Especially now in the countryside, it's nice to see how people work on the tractor and no one talks about viruses. The tractor will cure everyone, "the Belarusian leader said in March.
    At the same time, while the official media and the leadership of the republic said that the coronavirus was no worse than other diseases, the healthcare system and the Belarusians themselves were embroiled in a serious struggle with it. Despite the fact that quarantine was not officially introduced, the country in one form or another switched to it. So, since mid-March, many private companies on their own initiative transferred workers to remote work. After a three-week vacation, the schools were allowed not to attend classes and study remotely. A similar approach was organized in most Belarusian universities. According to various surveys, about two-thirds of Belarusians began to wash their hands more often, and half stopped attending social events. There are fewer people on the streets and in public transport. Due to the lack of spectators, most concerts and performances were canceled, and cafes, bars and cinemas either began to close or shorten their time.

At the same time, Belarusian doctors took a number of measures aimed at preventing the spread of infection. In Belarus, they began to be hospitalized not only with pneumonia, but also all patients, even with mild symptoms of coronavirus. In addition, people began to bring people of the first and even second level of contacts to hospitals. At the same time, many volunteer initiatives arose in the country, which were involved in raising funds for doctors, cooking food, sewing personal protective equipment, and more. In general, the Belarusian society and the Ministry of Health showed solidarity, despite any statements from officials. And, according to experts, this is precisely what allowed without official quarantine to avoid the development of a negative scenario in Belarus, which many drew for it. According to official figures,

The situation began to change from the end of May - beginning of June and began to have a dual character. On the one hand, as mentioned above, according to official statistics, the incidence of Covid-19 has declined. This has already led to the fact that more and more Belarusians have appeared on the streets and in public places, bars and restaurants have again begun to fill up with visitors, amusement rides, cinemas and entertainment centers have begun to work. After a two-month break, first one water park opened in Minsk, and then a second one in the open.

In parallel, the state media continued to talk about how the Belarusian health care system copes with the situation, and citizens can not worry about anything. Moreover, demonstrating full control over the situation, the Ministry of Health of Belarus began to gradually change the rules for the provision of medical services to combat coronavirus. For example, at the end of May, the agency amended the protocols for treating patients with Covid-19, as well as the testing principles. It was noted that with a mild course of coronavirus, the patient can close the sick-list already 14 days after the onset of clinical symptoms, as "the literature does not describe cases of infection of patients 21 days after the diagnosis of the appearance of the clinic in mild forms of the disease.

It is noteworthy that later there was another decision stating that before discharge from the hospital PCR testing would be only if the person was transferred to medical rehabilitation or to spa treatment. If the patient was treated in the hospital and does not have clinical symptoms of the disease, then he can be discharged or transferred to outpatient treatment after an express antibody test.

It is worth noting that on June 15 the government of Belarus decided that coronavirus was included in the list of diseases that give the right to free provision of medicines, as well as medical nutrition. The Ministry of Health, commenting on this provision, noted that at present, some patients with Covid-19 infection "receive treatment at home." To them in Belarus began to include "patients with mild and moderate forms of the disease, including mild pneumonia." Given this circumstance, the fact that the Belarusian hospitals have ceased to experience excessive load due to the coronavirus epidemic becomes quite understandable.

The latter, as well as the fact that the authorities of Belarus began to talk more and more about a possible repeated wave of coronavirus and problems in the future, is the second side of what is happening today in Belarus. Despite official statistics showing positive dynamics, statements and actions of the Belarusian authorities began to cause concern, which was not even in April or May. Thus, the Ministry of Education of the Republic actually banned all entertainment events for graduation parties, allowing only the solemn presentation of certificates. Minister of Health of Belarus stating that there may be a second wave, he prefers not to talk about what kind of mortality from pneumonia is observed in the country, referring to the need for calculations based on the results of six months. Leading epidemiologists, in particular doctor of medical sciences, professor, epidemiologist Natalya Kolomiets , began to emphasize that in the country one cannot refuse social distance and other measures, since "nothing will go away by itself". In her opinion, in Belarus there are only "sprouts of hope that have sprouted and are still too weak for us to behave carelessly."

In addition, a number of Belarusian cities suddenly began to officially introduce a mask regime. For example, from June 19, this provision is introduced in Bobruisk. Now in public places where it is impossible to ensure social distance, people should be masked. Earlier, a similar regime was introduced on its own initiative in the Ivyevsky district of the Grodno region (it is advisory in nature), the Kirovsky district of the Mogilev region, the Braslavsky region of the Vitebsk region, etc. In all these cases, the need to introduce such measures was caused by "worsening of the epidemiological situation in the region," than they don't report to the central media of the republic.

The position of international organizations, especially the World Health Organization, does not add much optimism. As the official representative of WHO in Belarus Batyr Berdyklychev noted on June 12 , the situation with Covid-19 in the republic looks serious, and the country itself is "at the stage of local transmission of the virus." Moreover, in the spring, statements by officials of this organization were much more optimistic, and official statistics were not called into question by WHO. Now, though indirectly, Berdyklychev doubted that the methods for counting cases of coronavirus infection and mortality from it in Belarus correspond to reality.

The situation is warmed up by persistent media reports that it is practically impossible to get treatment for coronavirus in the country, local doctors make a diagnosis of coronavirus infection extremely rare, and stubbornly refuse to indicate Covid-19 death certificates. The latter is officially in Belarus due to the fact that the basis for the pathologists to pose the cause of death from coronavirus is the presence of a pathomorphological picture with laboratory confirmation of Covid-19. In this case, in contrast to the WHO instructions for coding the cause of death, where it is recommended to use the codes U07.1 (Covid-19 and the virus is identified) and U07.2 (Covid-19 and the virus are not identified, but there are also suspicions) use code B97.2, which means that coronavirus has become the leading cause of death.

The Ministry of Health of the Republic explains the low mortality by the fact that the country conducts early diagnosis and detection of infection in people who do not have symptoms, as well as "effective measures to isolate the sick and contacts" and "effective epidemiological measures to protect vulnerable groups of the elderly and senile age, as well as having some chronic diseases. " At the same time, they plan to conduct a detailed analysis of mortality in the country only when the pandemic is over.

The situation in Belarus with the Covid-19 has repeatedly become the topic of the most heated debate, including in Russia. For example, the incident occurred on June 10 at an international online conference held by the Russian Academy of Sciences and the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. Guzel Ulumbekova, rector of the Higher School of Health Care Organization and Management, criticized the modern organization of Russian health care, including the work of Rosportebnadzor, setting Belarus and its experience in the fight against coronaviruses as an example.

In response, in a harsh form, the former head of the State Sanitary and Epidemiological Supervision of the Russian Federation Gennady Onishchenko said that she is "not the specialist who will discuss the place and role of Rospotrebnadzor", advising her not to give lectures "to the professor, academician and former first deputy minister". According to analysts, the main reason for such disputes is that, without introducing quarantine, Belarus, according to official figures, is going through a pandemic relatively calmly. It is not possible to obtain any other data on the real situation in the country today. At the same time, relying on various kinds of messages in telegram channels and opposition media is not at risk either in Russia, or in the EU, or in WHO, being content only with the information that the Belarusian state brings to them.

Thus, it can be stated that in the situation with coronavirus infection, the authorities of Belarus officially made a bet on preventing the deterioration of the socio-economic situation in the country. This is due not only to the impossibility of paying for the downtime of state enterprises, but also to political necessity. In anticipation of the presidential election to be held in the country on August 9, the creation of additional tension in society due to the Covid-19 pandemic was recognized as unacceptable. Moreover, a gradual decrease in the number of patients with coronavirus may indicate that by the day the vote is held, the authorities may well declare victory over the disease, which, in their opinion, will only strengthen their authority among ordinary citizens.

At the same time, the real actions of local officials and representatives of the healthcare system make it extremely cautious to say that official information about the situation with Covid-19 in Belarus is in line with the real situation. At the same time, the Belarusian authorities, in fact, managed to defeat the coronapsychosis.

Related:

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (21st June 2020), Bill Ryan (24th June 2020), onawah (22nd June 2020)

11. Link to Post #306
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Rapid response to:

Preventing a covid-19 pandemic

BMJ 2020; 368 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m810 (Published 28 February 2020)

Cite this as: BMJ 2020;368:m810
    Read our latest coverage of the Coronavirus outbreak

Rapid Response:

Flu shots and the risk of coronavirus infections

John Watkins is right; we need to think beyond containment, but he overlooks the possibility that seasonal flu shots are potential contributors to the current outbreak. (BMJ 2020;398:m810—February 28)….
    A randomized placebo-controlled trial in children showed that flu shots increased fivefold the risk of acute respiratory infections caused by a group of noninfluenza viruses, including coronaviruses. (Cowling et al, Clin Infect Dis 2012;54:1778)

From Table 3, vaccine recipients had 20 noninfluenza virus-positive ARIs and 19 virus-negative ARIs; non-recipients had 3 noninfluenza virus-positive ARIs and 14 virus-negative ARIs. These figures yield an odds ratio of 4.91 (CI 1.04 to8.14).

Such an observation may seem counterintuitive, but it is possible that influenza vaccines alter our immune systems non-specifically to increase susceptibility to other infections; this has been observed with DTP and other vaccines. (Benn et al, Trends in Immunology, May 2013) There are other immune mechanisms that might also explain the observation.

To investigate this possibility, a case-control study is in order as we study and care for the victims of covid-19. Influenza vaccines have become sacred cows in some quarters, but they shouldn’t be.

ALLAN S. CUNNINGHAM 2 March 2020

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't find back a report about a clear decrease of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) correlated to parents being lockdowned and therefore unable to get their kids vaccinated...

Related:

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th June 2020), Ewan (2nd August 2020), fifi (2nd October 2020), Harmony (8th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #307
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Is This Vitamin Better Than a Mask for COVID-19?
    by Dr. Joseph Mercola
    June 29, 2020
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a..._rid=904991041

"Considering the benefits of a mask are questionable, shouldn't a vitamin that makes it more and more difficult for viruses to gain entry through your eyes, ears, lungs and mucous membranes be promoted? So why is the government refusing to investigate?

(STORY AT-A-GLANCE
    Vitamin D helps regulate immune function and prevent respiratory illnesses in general, and data analyses show clear parallels between vitamin D levels and the risk of infection, severity and mortality from COVID-19 as well
    While U.S. authorities are still trying to debunk (and even instill fear) of vitamin D supplementation, British and Scottish authorities appear to be embracing recommendations to improve public vitamin D levels
    The British Frontline Immune Support Team is providing health care workers with free nutritional supplements known to bolster and regulate immune function
    Public Health Scotland and the British NHS are also assessing the evidence to determine whether vitamin D should be prescribed to in-hospital patients and as a prevention to high-risk groups
    Darker skin requires far more sun exposure to produce adequate vitamin D, so much so that dark-skinned individuals living north of the equator are virtually guaranteed to be chronically deficient
    As health officials continue to expect a second wave of COVID-19 this fall, spreading information about how to prevent it is becoming crucial. One of the most important strategies in this regard is to optimize your vitamin D level.

Vitamin D not only helps regulate immune function and prevent respiratory illnesses in general, but mounting data analyses show clear parallels between vitamin D levels and the risk of infection, severity and mortality from COVID-19 as well.

While U.S. authorities are still trying to debunk (and even instill fear) of vitamin D supplementation, British and Scottish authorities appear to be embracing a more sensible approach.

The British Frontline Immune Support Team, founded "to make available some of the best quality immune supportive products … to help keep those on the NHS (UK National Health Service) frontline resilient and strong," is already providing health care workers with free nutritional supplements known to bolster and regulate immune function.

This includes liposomal vitamin C, vitamin D and zinc. As noted on frontlineimmunesupport.com, the group's fundraiser page:1

"Immune supportive packs are sent directly to each individual NHS healthcare worker who signs up for this initiative — and they receive all products for FREE. We currently have hundreds of NHS staff already signed up ready to go; and with your contributions we can supply and reach thousands more."

The Frontline Immune Support Team point out that vitamin D:2

"… plays a critical role in your immune defense system, both in reducing flu-like days of illness if your blood level is sufficient, and in helping your immune system respond when under viral attack. It speeds up recovery from pneumonia.

Two in five adults have a level of vitamin D below 25nmol/l, especially in late winter months such as February and March, that is likely to almost double their risk of flu. A vitamin D level above 100 nmol/l correlates with the lowest numbers of flu-like days. The moral of the story is to get your level up as quickly as possible."

Public Health Scotland and the British NHS are also assessing the evidence to determine whether vitamin D should be prescribed to in-hospital patients and as a prevention to high-risk groups.3

Vitamin D Level Correlates With Risk of Respiratory Infection
    Clinical trials using vitamin D against COVID-19 are currently underway,4 but we don't need to wait for results to know that vitamin D optimization is a good idea. SARS-CoV-2 is an enveloped virus, which means it's more difficult for your immune system to identify and destroy it.

Vitamin D could almost be thought of as a designer drug for helping the body to handle viral respiratory infections. It boosts the ability of cells to kill and resist viruses and simultaneously dampens down harmful inflammation, which is one of the big problems with Covid. — Adrian Martineau, professor of respiratory infection and immunity.
    However, as noted by The Frontline Support Team, we already know higher vitamin D levels are inversely associated with infection by many other enveloped viruses, including dengue, hepatitis, herpes, HIV, rotavirus, respiratory syncytial virus and influenza.5,6

Vitamin D also strengthens cellular junctions, thereby making it more difficult for viruses to gain entry through your eyes, ears, lungs and mucus membranes. This in turn makes the infection less likely to migrate down into your lungs.7 Importantly, vitamin D also strengthens the adaptive arm of your immune system, and its ability to produce antibodies.8 According to a June 17, 2020, report by The Guardian:9

"Public health officials are urgently reviewing the potential ability of vitamin D to reduce the risk of coronavirus. It comes amid growing concern over the disproportionate number of black, Asian and minority ethnic people contracting and dying from the disease, including a reported10 94% of all doctors killed by the virus …

The Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN) began this work last month and is considering recent evidence on vitamin D and acute respiratory tract infection in the general population. Evidence will be considered on specific population groups, including those of different ages and BAME [black, Asian, minority ethnic] groups.

In a parallel development, the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice) is conducting a 'rapid' evidence review on vitamin D 'in the context of Covid-19' with support from Public Health England (PHE)."Vitamin D — 'Designer Drug' Against Viral Infections
    Adrian Martineau, a professor of respiratory infection and immunity at Queen Mary University of London, is currently leading the "Covidence UK Study,"11 an effort to collect data about how vitamin D deficiency impacts your COVID-19 risk. If you live in the UK, you can sign up for the Covidence UK study here.

Martineau tells The Guardian that COVID-19 deaths among black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) staff within the NHS raises important questions about vitamin D status.12

"Vitamin D could almost be thought of as a designer drug for helping the body to handle viral respiratory infections. It boosts the ability of cells to kill and resist viruses and simultaneously dampens down harmful inflammation, which is one of the big problems with Covid," he told the paper.

Why People of Color Are at Increased Risk
    There's a simple reason why BAME groups are more susceptible to COVID-19. Darker skin requires far more sun exposure to produce adequate vitamin D, so much so that dark-skinned individuals living north of the equator are virtually guaranteed to be chronically deficient.

According to data collected by the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) between 2005 and 2006, and published in 2018, 82.1% of black American adults and 62.9% of Hispanic adults are deficient in vitamin D.13 As noted in that paper, lower melanin levels are protective of vitamin D deficiency, and the darker your skin, the more likely you are of having a low vitamin D level.

The good news is that this predisposition is easily and inexpensively remedied. The Frontline Support Team has made good strides toward protecting health care workers, so far supplying about 750 NHS frontline staff with free supplement packs. But the general public also needs it, too. At bare minimum, the public needs the information.

Scotland Issues Guidance on Vitamin D
    In Scotland, government COVID-19 guidance now includes taking a daily vitamin D supplement. As reported by the Scotland Herald:14

"Official Scottish Government guidance issued on June 3 states that everyone, including children, 'should consider taking a daily supplement containing 10 micrograms of vitamin D.'

However, it is 'specifically recommended' to all pregnant and breastfeeding women; infants and children under five years old; people from minority ethnic groups with dark skin such as those of African, African-Caribbean and South Asian origin, who require more sun exposure to make as much vitamin D; and people who are confined indoors."

US Ignores Vitamin D Impact
    In stark contrast, U.S. health agencies appear to have little interest in helping the public support their immune system through appropriate nutrition, but would rather have you rely on drugs and vaccines.

The U.S. National Institutes of Health recommends15 getting your vitamin D from food and beverages only, despite the fact that dietary intake of vitamin D is insufficient to reach and maintain the level required to prevent viral illnesses and other chronic diseases.

That said, some health experts are speaking out. Among them is former CDC director Dr. Tom Frieden, who wrote an opinion piece for Fox News in which he suggests vitamin D may reduce COVID-19 mortality rates, especially in those who are deficient.16

He goes on to say supplementation has reduced the "risk of respiratory infections, regulates cytokine production and can limit the risk of other viruses such as influenza." Much of the damage from COVID-19 occurs with a "cytokine storm," during which the body's inflammatory system goes into high gear, damaging organs and increasing mortality rates. He writes:17

"We can do lots of things to improve our resistance to infection. These include getting regular physical activity, getting enough sleep, stopping smoking and other tobacco use, and, for people living with diabetes, getting it under control.

Taking a multivitamin that includes Vitamin D, or a Vitamin D supplement, probably can't hurt, and it might help. As we continue to work to mitigate the impact of COVID-19, anything we can do to strengthen our resistance is a step in the right direction."

Similarly, Dr. John C. Umhau, a public health specialist at the NIH, has argued that vitamin D is one of the "most studied and most important host factor impacting survival from COVID-19."18 He also points out that "A government-sponsored research strategy to address this issue has not been developed, as officials explained that there was no mandate to explore an alternative to the existing vaccination program."

Considering the hazards inherent in fast-tracking a COVID-19 vaccine, and seeing how previous attempts at creating a safe and effective coronavirus vaccine have all failed, putting all of the public health eggs in the vaccine basket is questionable in the extreme.

What Science Says About Vitamin D

By now, there's a very long list of scientific evidences pointing toward vitamin D optimization as being a crucial component for preventing another spike in COVID-19 deaths.

In the video above, Ivor Cummins, chief program officer for Irish Heart Disease Awareness, explains how higher levels of vitamin D may reduce your risk of negative outcomes from COVID-19. Studies supporting this view include but are not limited to the following:

A scientific review19 in the journal Nutrients concluded vitamin D can reduce the risk of infection by lowering the rate at which the virus replicates and reduce the pro-inflammatory cytokines that damage the lungs, leading to pneumonia. Vitamin D also helps increase concentrations of anti-inflammatory cytokines that may help protect the lungs. The researchers recommended those at risk take:

"… 10,000 IU/d of vitamin D3 for a few weeks to rapidly raise 25(OH)D concentrations, followed by 5000 IU/d. The goal should be to raise 25(OH)D concentrations above 40–60 ng/mL (100–150 nmol/L)."

Vitamin D is an important component in the prevention and treatment of influenza20 and upper respiratory tract infections21 — While vitamin D does not appear to have a direct effect on the virus itself, it strengthens immune function, thus allowing the host body to combat the virus more effectively.22

As detailed in "Vitamin D Prevents Infections," research shows high-dose vitamin D supplementation lowers the risk of respiratory illnesses and lung infections in the elderly by 40%. As noted by an author of that study, "Vitamin D can improve the immune system's ability to fight infections because it bolsters the first line of defense of the immune system."

Importantly, vitamin D also suppresses inflammatory processes. Taken together, this might make vitamin D quite useful against COVID-19, because while robust immune function is required for your body to combat the virus, an overactivated immune system is also responsible for the cytokine storm we see in COVID-19 infection that can lead to death. As noted by pulmonologist Dr. Roger Seheult in the video below:

"What we want is a smart immune system — an immune system that takes care of the virus but doesn't put us into an inflammatory condition that could put us on a ventilator."

Research23 published in 2009 suggests fatality rates during the 1918-1919 influenza pandemic were influenced by season, with greater numbers of people dying during the winter (when vitamin D levels are at their lowest) than the summer. According to the authors:24

"Substantial correlations were found for associations of July UVB dose with case fatality rates and rates of pneumonia as a complication of influenza. Similar results were found for wintertime UVB.

Vitamin D upregulates production of human cathelicidin, LL-37, which has both antimicrobial and antiendotoxin activities. Vitamin D also reduces the production of proinflammatory cytokines, which could also explain some of the benefit of vitamin D since H1N1 infection gives rise to a cytokine storm."

Research25 published in 2017 — a meta-analysis of 25 randomized controlled trials — confirmed that vitamin D supplementation helps protect against acute respiratory infections.

Importantly, this analysis also discovered daily or weekly supplementation of vitamin D had the greatest protective effect in those with the lowest vitamin D levels.26 In other words, large, infrequent bolus doses do not work well.

Those with severe vitamin D deficiency who took a daily or weekly supplement cut their respiratory infection risk in half, whereas the acute administration of high bolus doses of vitamin D had no significant impact on infection risk.

Data analysis27 by GrassrootsHealth shows people with a vitamin D level of at least 40 ng/mL reduced their risk of colds by 15% and flu by 41%, compared to those with a level below 20 ng/mL.

Findings from The Irish Longitudinal Study on Ageing (TILDA)28,29 suggest vitamin D deficiency could have serious implications for COVID-19. The researchers recommend adults over 50 take a vitamin D supplement year-round (not just in winter) if they don't get enough sun exposure to optimize their levels.

According to the vitamin D review paper30 "Evidence That Vitamin D Supplementation Could Reduce Risk of Influenza and COVID-19 Infections and Death," published in the journal Nutrients, April 2, 2020:

"Through several mechanisms, vitamin D can reduce risk of infections. Those mechanisms include inducing cathelicidins and defensins that can lower viral replication rates and reducing concentrations of pro-inflammatory cytokines that produce the inflammation that injures the lining of the lungs, leading to pneumonia, as well as increasing concentrations of anti-inflammatory cytokines …

To reduce the risk of infection, it is recommended that people at risk of influenza and/or COVID-19 consider taking 10,000 IU/d of vitamin D3 for a few weeks to rapidly raise 25(OH)D concentrations, followed by 5000 IU/d.

The goal should be to raise 25(OH)D concentrations above 40–60 ng/mL (100–150 nmol/L). For treatment of people who become infected with COVID-19, higher vitamin D3 doses might be useful."

A GrassrootsHealth review of an observational study involving 212 COVID-19 patients in Southeast Asia identified a correlation between vitamin D levels and disease severity. Those with the mildest disease had the highest vitamin D levels, and vice versa.

In the initial study group of 212 patients (see Table 1 below), 55 had normal vitamin D levels, which was defined as greater than 30 ng/ml; 80 had insufficient levels of 21 to 29 ng/ml and 77 had deficient levels of less than 20 ng/ml.

According to the research done by GrassrootsHealth, 40 ng/mL is the lower edge of optimal, with 60 ng/mL to 80 ng/mL being ideal for health and disease prevention. Despite that, the benefit of having a vitamin D level above 30 ng/mL was clear.

In a study31,32 that looked at data from 780 COVID-19 patients in Indonesia, those with a vitamin D level between 20 ng/mL and 30 ng/mL had a sevenfold higher risk of death than those with a level above 30 ng/mL. Having a level below 20 ng/mL was associated with a 12 times higher risk of death.

Research33,34 posted on the preprint server MedRxiv June 10, 2020, reports a combination of vitamin D3, B12 and magnesium inhibited the progression of COVID-19 in patients over the age of 50, resulting in "a significant reduction in proportion of patients with clinical deterioration requiring oxygen support and/or intensive care support."

Check Your Level Before You Start Downing Supplements
    On the upside, news about vitamin D appears to be reaching the masses. According to Foodnavigator-Asia, sales of the Japanese FANCL brand of vitamin D were 2018% higher in April 2020 compared to April 2019.35 While that's a good sign, it's important to remember to get your vitamin D level tested before you start supplementing.

The reason for this is because you cannot rely on blanket dosing recommendations. The crucial factor here is your blood level, not the dose, as the dose you need is dependent on several individual factors, including your baseline blood level.

Data from GrassrootsHealth's D*Action studies suggest the optimal level for health and disease prevention is between 60 ng/mL and 80 ng/mL, while the cutoff for sufficiency appears to be around 40 ng/mL. In Europe, the measurements you're looking for are 150 to 200 nmol/L and 100 nmol/L respectively.

I recently published a comprehensive vitamin D report in which I detail vitamin D's mechanisms of action and how to ensure optimal levels. I recommend downloading and sharing that report with everyone you know. A quick summary of the key steps is as follows:

1.First, measure your vitamin D level — One of the easiest and most cost-effective ways of measuring your vitamin D level is to participate in the GrassrootsHealth's personalized nutrition project, which includes a vitamin D testing kit.

Once you know what your blood level is, you can assess the dose needed to maintain or improve your level. If you cannot get enough vitamin D from the sun (you can use the DMinder app36 to see how much vitamin D your body can make depending on your location and other individual factors), then you'll need an oral supplement.

2.Assess your individualized vitamin D dosage — To do that, you can either use the chart below, or use GrassrootsHealth's Vitamin D*calculator. To convert ng/mL into the European measurement (nmol/L), simply multiply the ng/mL measurement by 2.5. To calculate how much vitamin D you may be getting from regular sun exposure in addition to your supplemental intake, use the DMinder app.37

3.Retest in three to six months — Lastly, you'll need to remeasure your vitamin D level in three to six months, to evaluate how your sun exposure and/or supplement dose is working for you.

Dr. Mercola's report: https://media.mercola.com/assets/pdf...f-covid-19.pdf

Take Your Vitamin D With Magnesium and K2
    As previously detailed in "Magnesium and K2 Optimize Your Vitamin D Supplementation," it's strongly recommended to take magnesium and K2 concomitant with oral vitamin D. Data from nearly 3,000 individuals reveal you need 244% more oral vitamin D if you're not also taking magnesium and vitamin K2!38

What this means in practical terms is that if you take all three supplements in combination, you need far less oral vitamin D in order to achieve a healthy vitamin D level.

Help Us Spread the Word!
    Remember, while vitamin D is important for everyone, key target populations are the elderly and people of color. It's now beyond evident that COVID-19 affects the elderly far more severely, on average, than younger individuals, and those living in nursing homes and assisted living facilities seem to be at an extraordinarily increased risk of dying from COVID-19.

Add to that the increased hospitalization rate and mortality among people of color, and it should be easy to see that targeting these two groups with commonsense strategies such as vitamin D optimization can, and most likely will, have a tremendous impact on COVID-19 mortality rates in the future. As Robert Brown with the McCarrison Society, a nutrition think tank, told the Scotland Herald:39

"The biological pathways by which vitamin D can help reduce severity of Covid-19 are well established and the real-life evidence from within this pandemic is growing. What's needed now is for government to be bold and act now to mitigate the risk of a second wave returning in the winter."

That said, don't let government's failure to address vitamin D to stop you from taking control of your own health. Vitamin D supplements are inexpensive and readily available, as are vitamin K2 and magnesium. If we can get the word out, we are likely to significantly quell any reemergence of COVID-19, and eliminate most of the racial disparities we see among patients with severe illness.

A growing body of evidence shows that vitamin D plays a crucial role in disease prevention and maintaining optimal health. There are about 30,000 genes in your body, and vitamin D affects nearly 3,000 of them, as well as vitamin D receptors located throughout your body.

Vitamin D May Help Protect Against Cancer and Other Diseases
    According to one large-scale study, having optimal vitamin D levels can slash your risk of cancer and can help prevent at least 16 different types of cancer, including pancreatic, lung, ovarian, prostate and skin cancers.

Vitamin D from sun exposure also radically decreases your risk of autoimmune diseases like multiple sclerosis (MS) and Type 1 diabetes. Sun exposure also helps prevent osteoporosis, which is a significant concern for women in particular.

Magnesium Is Important for Heart Health
    Magnesium is involved in the regulation of blood sugar and insulin sensitivity, which is important for the prevention of many chronic diseases, including Type 2 diabetes and heart disease and dementia. It also supports your brain and heart health via other mechanisms.

It supports healthy heart function by relaxing your blood vessels and normalizing blood pressure, for example. Magnesium also has anti-inflammatory activity, support your endothelial function, and the function of your muscles and nerves, including the action of your heart muscle.

Low magnesium has been linked to a higher risk for hypertension, cardiovascular disease, arrhythmias, stroke and sudden cardiac death. According to one scientific review, which included studies dating as far back as 1937, low magnesium actually appears to be the greatest predictor of heart disease, and other recent research shows even subclinical magnesium deficiency can compromise your cardiovascular health.

Omega-3 Fats Are Crucial to Your Well-Being
    Meanwhile, recent research suggests high doses (4 grams) of the omega-3 fats EPA and DHA may help improve healing after a heart attack. Other benefits of omega-3 fats include prevention of lupus and Parkinson’s disease, decreased anxiety, healthier and stronger bones, as well as fighting fats in the body.

However, you can’t tell by looking in a mirror if you are deficient in vitamin D, magnesium or omega-3s. The only real way to know if you are deficient in these nutrients is to get tested.

How to Test Your Levels
    I’m really pleased GrassrootsHealth Nutrient Research Institute has expanded its research projects to include a range of different tests, seeing how deficiency may be needlessly affecting the health of so many. Like its Vitamin D*action Project, the Magnesium*PLUS Focus Project will allow us all to take action on known science with a consensus of experts without waiting for institutional lethargy.

The Vitamin D*action Project has truly demonstrated the value measurement can have on public health, and there’s no doubt in my mind that the Magnesium*PLUS Focus Project will have the same impact. As in earlier projects, once the study of a community is completed, all that information can be used to push for public health recommendations that will benefit everyone.

You have the ability to participate in a variety of different tests, including:

Vitamin D
    Vitamin D and Omega 3
    Vitamin D, Omega 3 and Magnesium
    Vitamin D, Magnesium & Omega 3 PLUS Elements. Remember, by participating in this public research project, you not only are identifying your own levels, but allowing yourself to make decisions about your diet and supplements to improve your health.
    Your data (which is anonymous) will also help GrassrootsHealth researchers to determine the ideal levels for the prevention of various diseases, and what kind of dose-response relationship exists among the general population.

With the data from this project, individuals will be able to see what works for them, and, researchers will be able to demonstrate just to what extent health care costs may be reduced simply by getting people into an optimal range."

Sources and References
    1, 2 Frontlinesupport.com
    3, 9, 12 The Guardian June 17, 2020
    4 Clinicaltrials.gov Vitamin D Trials
    5, 7, 8 Frontline Support Team Vitamin D Evidence (Studies) (PDF)
    6 vitamindwiki.com
    10 Twitter The BMA June 13, 2020
    11 Covidence UK Study
    13 Cureus 2018 Jun; 10(6): e2741
    14, 39 Scotland Herald June 17, 2020
    15 Frontiers in Endocrinology, 2018;9:373
    16, 17 Fox News, March 23, 2020
    18 MedPageToday, March 25, 2020
    19 Nutrients, 2020;12:988
    20 Can Fam Physician. 2015 Jun; 61(6): 50
    21 Endocr Pract. 2009 Jul–Aug; 15(5): 438–449
    22 Clinical Therapeutics 2017; 39(5): 930-945 (PDF)
    23 Derma Endocrinology 2009 Jul-Aug; 1(4): 215–219
    24 Derma Endocrinology 2009 Jul-Aug; 1(4): 215–219, Abstract
    25 The BMJ 2017;356:i6583
    26 Youtube, Coronavirus Epidemic Update 30, 7:58 minutes
    27 GrassrootsHealth.net, Vitamin D Reduces Colds and Flu
    28 TILDA.tcd.ie Vitamin D deficiency in Ireland — Implications for COVID-19. Results from the Irish Longitudinal Study on Ageing (TILDA)
    29 Medical Xpress April 6, 2020
    30 Nutrients April 2, 2020; 12(4): 988
    31 SSRN April 30, 2020
    32 JoanneNova.com.au May 2020
    33 MedRxiv June 10, 2020 DOI: 10.1101/2020.06.01.20112334
    34 News Medical Life Sciences June 4, 2020
    35 Food Navigator Asia June 16, 2020
    36, 37 DMinder app
    38 GrassrootsHealth Magnesium and Vitamin K2 Combined Important for Vitamin D Levels
    Last edited by onawah; 29th June 2020 at 18:23.
    Each breath a gift...

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2020), Franny (8th July 2020), Harmony (8th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th June 2020), Sunny (30th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #308
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

Bizarre Google search by Dr. John Bergman D.C.
    "Type any 3 digit number then type cases and see what happens, this is what a controlled media looks like"
    (1:46 min.)
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2020), DeeMetrios (30th June 2020), Franny (8th July 2020), Gwin Ru (30th June 2020), Harmony (8th July 2020), wondering (29th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #309
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gwin Ru (here)
    [
    I couldn't find back a report about a clear decrease of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) correlated to parents being lockdowned and therefore unable to get their kids vaccinated...
    Here is one:

Infant mortality down; number of vaccinations down

by Jon Rappoport
    June 29, 2020

The reference here is an analysis of mortality data by Mark Blaxill and Amy Becker, “Lessons from the Lockdown,” posted at Children’s Health Defense on June 18:
    “But the pandemic experience has brought on a surprising effect on this expected death rate among children. Starting in early March, expected deaths began a sharp decline, from an expected level of around 700 deaths per week to well under 500 by mid‐April and throughout May.”
    “As untimely deaths spiked among the elderly in Manhattan nursing homes and in similar settings all over the country, something mysterious was saving the lives of children. As springtime in America came along with massive disruptions in family life amid near universal lockdowns, roughly 30% fewer children died.”

“Virtually the entire change came from infants. Somehow, the changing pattern of American life during the lockdowns has been saving the lives of hundreds of infants, over 200 per week.”

“One very clear change that has received publicity is that public health officials are bemoaning the sharp decline in infant vaccinations as parents are not taking their infants into pediatric offices for their regular well‐baby checks. In the May 15 issue of the CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), a group of authors from the CDC and Kaiser Permanente reported a sharp decline in provider orders for vaccines as well as a decline in pediatric vaccine doses administered. These declines began in early March, around the time infant deaths began declining.”
    Mustn’t report that on the nightly news. A leak of truth might turn into a river.

The very thought that vaccines are harmful enough to cause death, and withholding them would align with the Hippocratic Oath?
    “Say Bob, here’s an interesting item we could run on the broadcast tonight. Deaths of infants are down during the pandemic, and so are vaccinations.”

“I see. So you want to end up announcing Frisbee contests during picnics in the park? And I’ll be producing free YouTube videos featuring cats doing somersaults? You’re drinking again, right?”
    For those who can’t bring themselves to even stick a toe in the waters of the evidence against vaccines, because their cult of science forbids it on pain of death…and who, likewise, salute all public health directives concerning the “pandemic,” like good little boys and girls, here is a backgrounder I call…

To the “educated” potato heads: science is not a political hierarchy

[...]

Jon Rappoport

See full article.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

avid (30th June 2020), Bill Ryan (22nd July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (30th June 2020), Franny (8th July 2020), Harmony (8th July 2020), mountain_jim (30th June 2020), spade (2nd July 2020), Sunny (1st July 2020), wondering (29th July 2020)

19. Link to Post #310
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Complications from COVID-19 may depend on von Willebrand factor in the blood

St. Petersburg State University
    Medical Xpress
    Tue, 07 Jul 2020 20:35 UTC

© CC0 Public Domain

Anna Aksenova, a senior research associate at the Laboratory of Amyloid Biology at St Petersburg University, has advanced a hypothesis that the severe course of COVID-19 may be associated with the von Willebrand factor, one of the main components of the blood coagulation system. As the researcher suggests, the replication of the virus stimulates the development of microdamage on vessel walls. In its response to this, the body releases von Willebrand factor into the blood, trying to 'patch' possible holes. As a result, the risk of thromboses increases. It is with this clotting that a significant part of the deaths from COVID-19 are associated.

Nowadays, doctors throughout the world report that the novel coronavirus infection COVID-19 occurs in different people in completely different ways. Combinations of symptoms that are dissimilar, ranging from coughing to digestive disorders, make diagnosis difficult. Additionally, scientists and doctors still do not understand why people of the same age and with comparable health indicators can transmit the infection so differently from each other: some require ventilator support to stay alive, while others do not feel sick at all. One of the possible causes of this phenomenon may be a different level of von Willebrand factor (VWF) in the blood of patients.

"This protein is synthesized in endothelial cells and platelets, and its main function is to form a framework for platelet adhesion," explains Anna Aksenova. "To date, the way in which the level of VWF is regulated in the blood has not yet been fully studied. However, it is known to be stored in vascular endothelial cells in special organelles, where it secretes in the form of multimers. As soon as some damage to the vessel occurs, then in order to eliminate it, a cascade of blood coagulability is launched in the body, in which VWF takes an active part."

The level and activity of VWF in the blood in people can be different. The lowest values are associated with von Willebrand disease. It is a hereditary blood disease that is characterized by spontaneous bleeding. Additionally, it differs markedly among healthy people. For example, it is higher among: African Americans than among Europeans; in men than in women; in adults than in children; and in the elderly than in middle-aged people. Also, academic papers have described the VWF and blood group relationship — its level is lower among people with blood group 0, and is higher among those with blood group A. The different amount and activity of VWF in people with different blood groups has a very interesting explanation: this protein is modified by oligosaccharide chains of antigenic determinants of the AB0 system (one of the blood group systems), and this affects its stability and activity.

Earlier, it was believed that the new type of coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 affects mainly the lungs by binding with ACE2 receptors on the surface of alveolocytes (cells lining the lungs). Today, there is more and more information that something similar happens with endothelial cells — the internal surface of blood vessels. Anna Aksenova explains that since the ACE2 receptor belongs to the renin-angiotensin system (it regulates blood pressure), the virus cannot but affect the blood vessels. Apparently, it is capable of causing local inflammation of the walls of blood vessels and capillaries. This results in an increased release of VWF into the blood, which, in turn, provokes clotting.

"Acute respiratory distress syndrome, which often develops in patients with COVID-19, can also be associated with VWF," said Aksenova. "There are studies that use the example of model animals and people and suggest: the higher VWF, the higher the probability of respiratory distress. Why does this happen? Because capillaries run through the lungs, and if any thrombotic events occur there, this adversely affects the tissue functions. Excessive production of VWF can lead to the development of thrombosis, including in the capillaries of the lungs."

Additionally, as Anna Aksenova notes, this hypothesis explains why the drug chloroquine, which is usually used to treat malaria, in preliminary trials has shown efficacy in COVID-19 treatment as well. The fact is that chloroquine affects the process of autophagy in cells. This process regulates the secretion of certain factors into the extracellular environment, including the secretion of VWF.

"I hypothesize that the level and activity of VWF might be important predictors for COVID-19 morbidity and mortality. It might also itself be involved in the disease process," said Anna Aksenova. "In order to confirm this hypothesis, it is necessary to carry out large-scale and comprehensive research into the level and activity of VWF in people infected with SARS-CoV-2, who have a mild or severe course of infection."

In different countries throughout the world, academic papers currently continue to come out in favor of this hypothesis. For example, there have recently been reports that VWF is significantly increased in patients with severe COVID-19 who receive mechanical ventilation or who have thromboembolic complications. Moreover, rigorous research using GWAS (genome-wide association study) has confirmed the association of COVID-19 complications with a locus that determines AB0 blood groups. Also, the ways to reduce the amount of VWF in the blood plasma for the treatment of COVID-19 complications has begun to be discussed in scientific literature. The attention of researchers from all over the world is now starting to focus on VWF, its role in COVID-19, and new treatment regimens that will take into account the individual characteristics of the human body associated with von Willebrand factor.
    More information: Anna Yi. Aksenova, von Willebrand factor and endothelial damage: a possible association with COVID-19, Ecological Genetics (2020). DOI: 10.17816/ecogen33973
    Provided by St. Petersburg State University

Related:

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2020), Franny (8th July 2020), Harmony (8th July 2020), mountain_jim (29th July 2020), Sunny (8th July 2020), wondering (9th July 2020)

21. Link to Post #311
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,603 times in 32,796 posts

Look at this: it's a chart assembled by one of Chris Martenson's subscribers. Not published in the media. It shows each country's CFR (Case Fatality Rate) against their use of HCQ (hydroxychloroquine).

It's not a formal medical study, but it sure looks like a slam-dunk. The source video (published 12 hours ago) is here.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (29th July 2020), fifi (2nd October 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), Gwin Ru (23rd July 2020), justntime2learn (22nd July 2020), kudzy (22nd July 2020), mountain_jim (29th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (24th July 2020), Sunny (24th July 2020), wondering (29th July 2020), Yoda (23rd July 2020)

23. Link to Post #312
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Top epidemiologist – Up to 100,000 American lives could be saved with hydroxychloroquine

by Robert
    July 23, 2020
    “There has never been a medical deception so vast.”

“HCQ has become a political drug, not a medical drug.”

“State medical boards are threatening doctors over its use. The doctors are being targeted for actually saving lives.”

21 Jul 2020 – Dr. Harvey Risch, MD, PhD, the top epidemiologist at Yale University at the Yale School of Public Health, made this stunning announcement on Laura Ingraham’s show on Fox last night; that if the FDA would allow all U.S. physicians to do what many of them are already doing – that is treating COVID-19 patients with hydroxychloroquine – up to 100,000 American could be saved in the next 6 months.
    “We’re basically fighting a propaganda war against the medical facts,” says Dr Risch.
    “(Hydroxychloroquine’s use) would be game changing.”
    “I didn’t know you could have so much corruption in the medical field,” says Laura Ingraham.
    “Hydroxychloroquine has been in use for more than 65 years.”

So why would HCQ be so important?
    “Because if it becomes widely believed that there is a cure – and possibly a preventative for COVID-19, then this entire debate about masks – what masks – and shutting down the economy and not reopening schools – all of that becomes moot instantly.
    “And what does that do? Kills off this main exploit the Chinese communists have been using to cripple the United States and to cripple President Trump – their strongest enemy among American Presidents ever!”
    “Never before in human history has such a huge percentage of the world of medicine been deceptively swayed by the world of politics. They claim to still follow the scientific method – but they are not! They have been pressured into not following the scientific method – not following the science.”
    “It’s incredible that thousands of physicians on the front-line of this war against COVID-19 know it works. They take it for themselves and their families, yet so many will not speak out for fear losing their medical licenses.
    “That’s why it’s taken so long to sink in – because it’s unprecedented that physicians at the top would lie to the American public on such a dangerously large scale.”
    “Wow! There has never been a medical deception so vast that it will deliberately cost up to 100,000 additional American lives – that could easily be saved – if only President Trump would place one call to the new head of the FDA, Commissioner Stephen M. Hahn … and tell him to rescind his order which forbade physicians from using their own best judgments with their patients when it comes to legacy drugs already proven to be safe and effective for other indications like HCQ and Ivermectin.
    “This will eventually come out. Dr. Faustus will not be able to hide the facts forever.”
    “Thank God, Dr. Risch is sticking to his guns at Yale!”
    See video on The Still Report:

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

anandacate (29th July 2020), Bill Ryan (24th July 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), justntime2learn (29th July 2020), mountain_jim (29th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (24th July 2020), Sunny (25th July 2020), wondering (29th July 2020)

25. Link to Post #313
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Top medical org demands FDA make COVID treatment hydroxychloroquine more widely available

By Calvin Freiburger
    Thu Jul 23, 2020 - 4:55 pm EST

Recent evidence shows the drug to be effective and to drastically reduce the mortality rate in countries where the medication is used.

shutterstock.com

July 23, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – The Association of American Physicians & Surgeons (AAPS) has submitted additional evidence to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) and Food & Drug Administration (FDA) in hopes of compelling the agency to relax its restrictions on the use of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to treat COVID-19 among the general public.

Last month, AAPS filed a motion for a preliminary injunction to compel HHS and CDC to release more of the tens of millions of doses in the government’s possession to the public. The FDA has not officially cleared the drug for COVID-19 treatment (it has long been approved for malaria, autoimmune conditions, and arthritis), but has allowed it “to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible.” (At the same time, the FDA warns not to use it outside of trials or hospitals.)

This week, AAPS followed up by submitting to the court additional evidence of the drug’s safety and effectiveness.
    “As confirmed by another recent study of thousands of patients at the Henry Ford Health System in Michigan, HCQ is both very safe and highly effective in treating COVID-19, reducing mortality by 50 percent,” the group argued. “Countries with underdeveloped healthcare systems are using HCQ early and attaining far lower mortality than in the United States, where (HHS and the FDA) impede access to HCQ.”
    “The mortality rate from COVID-19 in countries that allow access to HCQ is only one-tenth the mortality rate in countries where there is interference with this medication, such as the United States,” AAPS general counsel Andrew Schlafly said, citing easier access to the drug in Philippines, Poland, Israel, Turkey, and even Venezuela.
    Yet the group laments that a “perfect storm of politics in this presidential election year, along with conflicts of interest at the defendant federal agencies, has resulted in unjustified obstacles to access to HCQ, an inexpensive medication having a track record of more than 75 years of safety.”

In the early days of the COVID-19 outbreak, scientists began researching HCQ’s potential applications in treating the new virus – a development that was quickly promoted by President Donald Trump, after which partisans in media and government began a push to discredit the drug, from outlandish stories about a man who died after drinking fish tank cleaner to a junk study falsely claiming HCQ killed Veterans Administration patients.

Several early studies showed promise as a COVID-19 treatment, but a May study published in The Lancet purported to not only find “no benefit” to using HCQ, but instead finding “decreased in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias,” leading several countries to ban it. However, that study was retracted upon the discovery that the company that provided its data was very likely fraudulent.
    “The interference with public access to hydroxychloroquine is disrupting our political processes,” Schlafly said. “Perhaps that is what some want, in order to deter Americans from attending political conventions and even voting, but it is unconstitutional for the FDA to infringe on these constitutional rights by blocking access to this safe medication.”

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

anandacate (29th July 2020), Bill Ryan (24th July 2020), fifi (2nd October 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), Harmony (29th July 2020), justntime2learn (29th July 2020), mountain_jim (29th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (24th July 2020), Sunny (25th July 2020), wondering (29th July 2020)

27. Link to Post #314
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,603 times in 32,796 posts

A study published last month shows that (simply!) Quercetin + Vitamin C can treat Covid-19 patients very effectively.

Hydroxychloroquine is not an OTC (over-the-counter) medicine in the US. But Quercetin is... you can buy it cheaply on Amazon, and many other online stores. The doses of Vitamin C used varied between 2 g and 10 g per day, given over a period of 8–10  hours.

Here's a good summary article:
    And here's the original study, titled Quercetin and Vitamin C: An Experimental, Synergistic Therapy for the Prevention and Treatment of SARS-CoV-2 Related Disease (COVID-19).

28. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (29th July 2020), anandacate (29th July 2020), Anka (29th July 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), Gwin Ru (29th July 2020), Harmony (29th July 2020), justntime2learn (29th July 2020), kudzy (29th July 2020), mountain_jim (29th July 2020), onevoice (31st July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020), Sunny (30th July 2020), Tintin (29th July 2020), wondering (29th July 2020), Yoda (29th July 2020)

29. Link to Post #315
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

From Jim Stone:

This Hydroxychloroquine video is getting deleted and banned on all mainstream platforms as soon as people put it up

It is not hard to understand why. At least brighteon has it.

I REPEAT AND HAVE ALREADY REPEATED THIS: The current push against hydroxychloroquine is only being done because they are about to release the next more deadly virus, and as a safeguard they made the virus curable with hydroxychloroquine, the same way the first one was. That is ALL there is to this story, sometimes the entire plot can be stated that efficiently.

AND ZINC.

As a side note I'd like to add that to be fully effective, it has to be taken with zinc. I don't trust supplements, too many are fake now. So I have already thought of how I will make the zinc when I need it IF there are not foods available that have the appropriate amount of zinc. First, the foods:

Political correctness has wrecked zinc info in foods. Here is the cold hard fact: all you need to get ALL the zinc you need is to eat a quarter pound hamburger. That's about 100 grams. All the common foods that are promoted as being "great sources of zinc" can't compare to beef, it is on a daily basis the #1 prime source. If I knew I had Corona, I'd eat at least half a kilo, let it soak in real good and then take the hydroxychloroquine.

So they say spinach is good. Well, I guess, if you want to eat six cups of it to match 100 grams of beef. So they say wheat bran and other grains are good. MAYBE to a robot, that analyzes chemical content and then does not sort out facts, the problem with grain based sources of zinc is that grains have a chemistry that permanently binds the zinc, so even though they have 5X what is in beef, you'll get zero. A cow's gut can release the zinc. Your gut cannot.

And then, there's the champion of zinc - cooked oysters. I put beef before these because beef is more common and some people don't like oysters. If you can get them fresh, they'll give you so much zinc your body won't know what to do with it and eventually, if you eat too many over time you'll get sick. 100 grams of drained oysters will give you 6X what your body would want, (if you don't have a deficiency, and you probably do.) and it is perfectly rational to conclude that canned oysters will do the same. Let's say you are all out of oysters and beef, and need other options.

What then?

Any nut, bolt, nail, or screw that appears to not be the color of steel, and is bright and shiny is usually coated in zinc. Roofing nails will always be coated in zinc, but those are not shiny. The inside of a modern penny is zinc once you scrape the copper off.

This link discusses clearly how zinc can be released from the sources I listed, - all you do is put a zinc plated item in direct flame until the zinc boils off in white smoke and then capture that smoke. Rather than breathe it in (which will not hurt you in small amounts) I'd probably opt to catch it in a perfectly clean (And I mean CLEAN) wet rag that had the smoke rise directly into it and then wring it into water. It will make you feel a little sick but you'll get over it. The linked page has enough info on it for you to be able to figure it out. Do that only in an emergency, when you don't have a known good supplement or any of the truly good foods available to get your zinc from

One last thing: I'd almost be willing to bet that simply scraping a metal nail file that is usually part of a fingernail clipper on one of the zinc pennies edgewise would get enough available zinc from that penny to work, that's the easiest thing anyone could ever do - scrape off a little pile of zinc from a penny, mix it in with something and eat it. It will probably work, but I can't guarantee it, it may need to be an oxide or combined with an acid to work (then again, your stomach might provide the right acid) so who knows, if I had to, I'd surely try it.

Zinc can poison you in high amounts but it is not toxic. It would be tough to get enough to kill you. And it will wear off with no after effects eventually.
    Last edited by Gwin Ru; 29th July 2020 at 14:34.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th July 2020), mountain_jim (29th July 2020), Sunny (30th July 2020)

31. Link to Post #316
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,712 times in 8,598 posts

^ Have not eaten beef in 45 years - ordered Zinc and Quercetin supplements today, plus adding to my Vitamin C stocks.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Alekahn2 (11th August 2020), Bill Ryan (29th July 2020), Gwin Ru (29th July 2020)

33. Link to Post #317
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

When it comes to dietary advice I still hark back to two simple lessons given by the late great Dr Magnus Pyke, OBE:

1. Don't eat so much you get enormously fat; or so little that you waste away.
    2. Mix it.

As discussed between 4:48 and 5:40 of this marvellous talk:

(Pyke was one of the senior scientists put in charge of making sure the UK was kept adequately fed during the war years 1939-1945 while we were surrounded by U-boats and could no longer import food)

34. The Following User Says Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

thepainterdoug (31st July 2020)

35. Link to Post #318
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

From Jim Stone:

August 1 2020

Update to below: This is getting hacked, I never spelled it "chinchona", I know the correct spelling for that, I did not spell it wrong in every case all the way through especially after writing it down correctly today several times while looking for it. A Chincha is a bed bug. I am not that stupid but if people already copied it out of here and posted it elsewhere before I caught that, "officially" I am!!!

ADDITIONALLY, Claudia got a video from a group of insiders (white hat insiders) and attempted to send it out, and the contents of the message she sent got changed to family photos she has not even accessed recently.

If you think you are passing information to people you probably are not, YES, they'll "get a message" but it won't be the one you sent! So when you call and ask if they got it, they'll say YES and if you don't clarify what you sent, they'll never know it was supposed to be more than puppy pics. This is the same crap the Bolsheviks pulled in Russia, you'd get a mail and half of it would be blacked out or missing or it would be re-written entirely by a spook.

Cinchona/Quina - the answer to hydroxychloroquine bans

I went out and found this stuff. Here is how it went.

Last night I saw a post to a popular forum that stated Cinchona was what Quinine was derived from. Quinine is the root component of hydroxychloroquine.

Back in 1935, it was well known that quinine prevented malaria, so attempts to make it synthetically were successfully carried out, with the result being hydroxychloroquine. Quinine is the natural version, hydroxychloroquine is the synthetic version. Both are considered equal, but the synthetic version is more popular because it is cheaper and easier. Or should I say, "should" be cheaper, now that it is known the next generation of designer viruses can be killed by hydroxychloroquine unscrupulous types are charging 10X or higher markups. The usual $2 for a pack of pills now costs whatever price they put on it, (I paid $25 for mine).

So I set out to find Cinchona today, to find out how it is priced relative to how hydroxychloroquine is now priced, and perhaps buy some. I found it, and bought some. There is a lot I learned, even if you have this stuff you probably ought to read this.

I found it labeled as "Quina" bark, was not sure that was Cinchona but it said it was anti-malarial so I figured "Quina" ment Quinone and bought a 250 gram sample. Good move, it was the right stuff. In Mex, it's called "Quina". Prior to going out looking for this stuff, I made sure it was available in powdered form. And it is. This is important because I saw many people were simply boiling the big bark pieces and that's no way to get any benefit out of it and seeing it in powder form made it clear it was OK to grind it down like that.

When I got back I put it in the blender and blended it down to "cappuchino", perhaps more, it was such a fine powder that the dust in the blender never settled out, I ended up simply pouring it into the bag with a dust waterfall coming out of the pitcher.

When it is that fine, it is obvious a little will go a very long way. I got every last bit of it out of the blender I possibly could, and then took a coffee cup full of water and rinsed the rest out with that, and poured it back into the coffee cup. I then microwaved it for 3 minutes and poured it through a coffee filter.

The tiny amount left in the blender made a FILTERED brew that looked like this:

Dosing: I was cruising through this, figuring I'd drink it all because it was like a really good tea. I was wrong. I felt the physiological effects in my kidneys only a few ounces into it and knew I dosed it good, this stuff is not tea!

I figured I'd gauge how much was the right amount by how it felt in my system and figured "there's no way the gram or so left in the blender could possibly be too much" and I appear to have been wrong (so far) which is really good news. No one wants any sort of survival item that runs out lickety split, and from what it looks like, when prepared as I prepared it, this small 250 gram bag that cost a little less than $2 would probably last a whole year if taken daily.

I was only about 3 ounces into the brew made from residual dust when I clearly had enough despite enjoying sipping away at it, surprised at how good it tasted. It smells really nice too. The only bad thing I have to report is that I threw ALL OF IT into the blender so I can't get a picture of how it should look like if you manage to buy it. Not to worry, tomorrow we are going to the main mercado to see if we can get it cheaper. I'll have another sample tomorrow, even if I have to go back to the first place to get it.

I have something very curious on this topic to show, get a load of this!!!

Want proof this Cinchona bark is something the NWO fears? Here it is!

That report, by Reuters, has them stating that quinine is not the same as hydroxychloroquine.

The reason they give is because one is synthetic and one is natural.

They even state that hydroxychloroquine was made as a synthetic version of the natural stuff, and then after stating that, claim alt media is lying when they claim it is the same because the man made version is synthetic.

That's the same as lying. THEY LIED THEIR BUTTS OFF. Because anyone with an IQ above 73 ought to be able to figure out that the natural version is probably better than the synthetic version, and that both do the same job. Any idiot ought to be able to figure out that when alt media says they are "the same" that it is a reference to function, not form!

I will have more on this tomorrow, as far as I see it this was a day well spent. I'll definitely be able to get enough to ensure no one in the family dies of the new virus, that is now priority number one.

Did I say new virus??? Yes, I did. It is coming. You can damn well bet it is coming, because that Reuters post was such a scam in it's presentation that clearly they intended to discredit and cause confusion. Chloroquine, quinone, whatever you manage to get, is definitely the remedy for their new virus and they don't want the public to know that. They fully intend to try to kill us off on the rebound, every action they are taking proves it.

By the way, Claudia managed to get ahold of an insider video via one of her contacts, where the insiders disagreed with the current plot to kill people off while slamming communism down. They discussed in depth how other insiders were getting the chloroquine banned and when Claudia tried forwarding it to other people they instead got a picture of her with one of the more popular kids at a party.

They actually browsed her phone for that, she has NEVER sent that picture out. So there was confirmation the message was sent and received, and if she had not called and confirmed what actually arrived she'd never have been the wiser.

They are getting THAT NASTY with this, folks:
    When you send information to people, it is not good enough to ask them if they got your message, you now have to ask them what was in it because the censors are switching the contents.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd August 2020), happyuk (3rd August 2020), justntime2learn (4th August 2020), mountain_jim (4th August 2020), onevoice (2nd August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th August 2020), Sunny (3rd August 2020)

37. Link to Post #319
    United States Avalon Member andyangel1205's Avatar
    Thanks

I find it amazing (and extremely troubling) that front line doctors are getting censored just for bringing up hydroxychloroquine. Just unbelievable.
    My wife channeled a mantis being (who goes by Lightkeeper) last February and the being talked about the parasitic nature of coronavirus, specifically referencing "mosquitoes." At the time, we found this interesting, but it hit home after hydroxychloroquine (an anti-malaria drug) was introduced as an effective treatment. Just recently, Lightkeeper returned unexpectedly and shared more information about Coronavirus, vaccines, masks, how we can cope moving forward, etc...

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andyangel1205 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd August 2020), Harmony (4th August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th August 2020)

39. Link to Post #320
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,985 times in 463 posts

Quote Posted by Gwin Ru (here)
    From Jim Stone:

August 1 2020

I went out and found this stuff. Here is how it went.

Last night I saw a post to a popular forum that stated Cinchona was what Quinine was derived from. Quinine is the root component of hydroxychloroquine.

Back in 1935, it was well known that quinine prevented malaria, so attempts to make it synthetically were successfully carried out, with the result being hydroxychloroquine. Quinine is the natural version, hydroxychloroquine is the synthetic version. Both are considered equal, but the synthetic version is more popular because it is cheaper and easier.
    Cinchona (also known as China, pronounced keena) was the first homeopathic remedy developed by Hahneman in the 1700s

https://www.homeopathycenter.org/hom...na-officinalis
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 4th August 2020 at 12:49. Reason: fixed quote formatting

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2020), Gwin Ru (4th August 2020), Harmony (4th August 2020), justntime2learn (4th August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th August 2020), thepainterdoug (4th August 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst 1 6 16 26 37 LastLast