English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,620 times in 20,704 posts

Default Re: Covid-19 Treatment and Prevention

Gargling With Iodine Beats COVID
    Published on September 17, 2020
    by Dr. Sircus
    https://drsircus.com/general/garglin...e-beats-covid/

"A small randomized controlled trial suggesting that gargling with povidone-iodine clears the virus from the nose and throat within four days. This result comes as no surprise because, for a century, doctors have known that iodine is effective, not only for bacterial and fungal infections but for viruses as well.

20 asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic COVID-19 patients from a Malaysian university hospital were randomly allocated into four groups:

Group A gargled with 10 milliliters of 1% povidone-iodine for 30 seconds, three times per day.
    Group B did the same with 20 milliliters of Listerine.
    Group C did the same thing, with 100 milliliters of tap water.
    Group D acted as untreated controls.

On day 4, 100% of those in the povidone-iodine group had cleared the virus. By contrast, 80% of those in the Listerine group, 40% of those in the tap water group, and 20% of those in the control group had cleared the virus.

Want to understand your health situation and learn what best to do to feel better? Schedule a free 15-minute Exploratory Call. »

On May 26, another study was released, providing the first direct evidence that povidone-iodine, a widely used antiseptic, is capable of killing SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. As little as 0.5% povidone-iodine completely inactivated the virus in 60 seconds, comparable to 70% alcohol. Greater concentrations were equally effective but provided no additional benefit.

This second was an in vitro study, testing the ability to inactivate the virus when infecting isolated cells from the kidneys of African green monkeys. Povidone-iodine is traditionally used topically. This study does not provide any basis to suggest it should be swallowed orally, which might cause diarrhea or worse in large amounts because Povidone-iodine is not for oral consumption, but Lugols and Nascent Iodine are.

This suggests that 0.5% povidone-iodine solutions (which can be made by diluting 10% solutions) can be used inside the nose with a sterile swab, nasal irrigation system, or nasal spray that they can be swished in the mouth for 60 seconds to kill the virus.

Seventeen clinical isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis were tested. Povidone-iodine (PVP-I) at a concentration of 0.2% killed 99.9% or more of all strains tested within 30 seconds. All of the strains tested with PVP-I were killed almost entirely within 60 seconds. There was no difference in bactericidal activities of PVP-I between standard strain H37Rv and MDR-TB. It was concluded that the commercially available PVP-I product is a useful antiseptic against MDR-TB similar to other M. tuberculosis.

Iodine kills 90 percent of bacteria on the skin within 90 seconds; however, its use as an antibiotic has been ignored. Iodine exhibits activity against bacteria, molds, yeasts, protozoa, and many viruses; indeed, of all antiseptic preparations suitable for direct use on humans and animals and upon tissues, only iodine is capable of killing all classes of pathogens: gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, mycobacteria, yeasts, and protozoa. Most bacteria are killed within 15 to 30 seconds of contact.

Iodine is a mineral; human life cannot exist without it. Minerals are the building blocks of our bodies. They are required for body structure, fluid balance, protein structures, and hormone production. Minerals are key to the health of everybody system and function. They act as co-factors, catalysts, or inhibitors of all enzymes in the body. Iodine is the mineral most important to our immune system, which cannot work without it. Iodine is also incredibly crucial for people who want to avoid thyroid, breast, ovarian, and prostate cancer.

Iodine supports our immune systems in fending off invaders while it improves our immunity, so we are less susceptible to symptoms and illness. Someone who is iodine sufficient has a lower chance of catching MRSA in a hospital because superbugs like this will not thrive in a body with enough iodine. Similarly, the virus responsible for Hashimoto’s thyroiditis—the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) and all other viruses do not like iodine because it gets in the way of their advancement.

In the early 1900s, the Encyclopedia Britannica described iodine as being “of definite value” for treatment of multiple conditions including “metallic poisonings, as by lead and mercury, asthma, aneurism, arteriosclerosis, angina pectoris, gout, goiter, syphilis, hemophilia, Bright’s disease (nephritis) and bronchitis” with “usual doses” of iodide salts ranging from “five to thirty grains or more” (324mg to 1,944mg), though this is hundred of times higher than what is considered generally safe per today’s tolerable UL.[1]

Dr. Gabriel Cousens states, “Historically, as early as 1911, people normally took between 300,000-900,000 micrograms daily without incident,” translating into between 300 and 900 milligrams. Most people today, even if they are fighting cancer, only have the courage to use between 50 to 100 milligrams. Still, if you are fighting a life-threatening infection, we should remember medical history and how iodine has been used in the past. When we read that 30 to 60 times, these amounts have been used; one should consider using a gram (1,000 milligrams) or even more when it is either that or death.

Conclusion

Iodine was known by many medical doctors in the 19th century as an empirical remedy, a real “heroic remedy” —-a real present from the science of medicine to humanity. Nobel Laureate Albert Szent Györgyi, the physician who discovered Vitamin C in 1928, commented: “When I was a medical student, iodine in the form of universal medicine. Nobody knew what it did, but it did something and did something good.”

Dr. Cousens concludes, “In 1950 the Japanese had 100 times more iodine in their diet than Americans. In 2001 they had 202 times more iodine than Americans and were using up to 13.8 milligrams daily instead of the average U.S. intake of 425 micrograms. Unfortunately, there has been no real study, ever, about what is the optimal safe dosage of iodine. But, again, no one has ever died from iodine overdose or allergic reactions.” "
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st September 2020), Ewan (26th October 2020), Franny (18th December 2020), Gwin Ru (18th September 2020), Journeyon (17th November 2020), justntime2learn (26th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (18th September 2020), Sunny (20th September 2020), Tintin (26th October 2020)

3. Link to Post #362
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,826 times in 4,382 posts

From Jim Stone:

I did more "study" of the Quina we have (Cinchona) but it's real name is Quina, for "Chloroquina"

Here are a few tips for if you find this stuff and get it: First of all, the really raunchy huge pieces we got have about 3X the chloroquine in them than the nicely presented pieces, it seems to me that in the process of making them look and smell nice whoever prepped it stole about 70 percent of the goodness from it. It still produces something, but it's not that great. Cost in Mex? $8 per kilo. That would be about $3.75 a pound. The really raunchy huge pieces totally kick butt and produce an ENORMOUS amount of "chloroquina", leading to a super raunchy bitter drink - this stuff cost, in quantity, $3 per kilogram, which is about $1.35 a pound. We got quantity. We're set.

Price does not make a difference in the quality you get, GO CHEAP.

So here are the tips regarding this: Paying more gets you nothing. You'll probably end up with a stripped out product if you pay more. There's no reason for it to cost a lot, this stuff is obviously abundant. Additionally: I have discovered that even if you brew it and take all you can from it, if you re-brew it after draining it off, it looks like it works and still colors the water. So there's plenty of room for scammers to rip the goodness out of it.

Guideline: If, in a large coffee cup you put five grams of this stuff, and BOIL IT, (watch out for boil overs in the microwave, and you do have to boil it) this stuff acts weird, it won't be appearing to boil at all and suddenly in five seconds the entire cup will erupt and throw all of it in FIVE SECONDS, you have to really watch this or perhaps put the cup in a bowl it can overflow into - anyway, keep this stuff boiling hot for at least 10 minutes while stirring - if after that, you can casually drink it, you probably got ripped off. Five grams makes the most bitter cup you'll ever taste. It's not friendly bitter, it's knock your socks off bitter. There's nothing nice at all about this stuff when it's right. If it's not mega bitter, you have to use more until it is.

Second thing: Don't throw it away if your supply is limited. I'll call "limited" two whole pounds. You can re-brew it and it will keep leeching out "chloroquina" in a useful amount for several cycles, even if you follow my previous instructions and grind it to a fine powder in a blender, which will sound hideous, obviously take it little by little. If your supply is limited you don't want to throw away any of it's capabilities. For the second brewing, all you need to do is get it up to boiling again and then let it sit for a day, perhaps stirring once every couple hours. It won't be as strong as the first brew but it is obviously still useful.

It will be all downhill after that, but take it on a case by case basis (until you know what your stash will do)

I just had a major case of fatigue (after that bad gut infection) and I solved it. This is important enough to post, to help others get over fatigue

First of all, when searching for answers online, it's nothing but a bunch of snowflake B.S. like going for walks, stop eating meat, and read books. There was nothing at all useful I found. Here is what worked: First of all, a while ago I had a leg infection that I at least partially treated with Cipro. I did not realize at the time that cipro does permanent damage to mitochondria, which saps the life out of people. And it is PERMANENT. Fortunately, there's a secondary pathway that mitochondria can use to bypass the cipro damage and that is to get LOTS of magnesium. I figured that's what it was, and took lots of magnesium (in addition to the supplemental levels I already take) and nothing happened. Still dead to the world.

Here is what worked:
    First: Rather than drink coffee throughout the day, I shifted it to one big dose in the morning, so it would be out of my system before bed. Deadline: 11 AM. Nothing after that. The insomnia went away and I slept a solid 10 hours for the first time since (ever), prior to doing this I had not slept well for about half a year, and it added up to a level of fatigue that had me totally depersonalized and walking through a fog life. When I woke up, I knew things were different, but still felt totally drained.
    So I then put 21 grams of salt (measured on the kitchen scale) in a liter of water and managed to drink about a third of it. That launched me out of the haze mostly, and I finished the job with a half kilo of salty meat. Took 5 grams of vitamin C and did not hit bowel tolerance so I needed that too. I went like superman until 12:30 at night, doing all the yearly maintenance on the car in one whack. Oil change, coolant change, brake inspection, hunted down a mystery noise, determined that the exhaust leak was coming from between the head and the header pipe on cylinder 2, plus re-built the wiper motor that had failed and got it working perfect despite having to remove it 3 times to get "zero" right (that ate a pile of time) but now they park perfect and work like new. Fortunately I had the brushes for it. That much in one day would have been impossible during the fatigue, and after that I only got about five hours of sleep and today is NORMAL, FULL POWER.
    Bottom line: If you're feeling sapped, cover the basics: Last cup of coffee by 11 AM. Sleep a good solid night. Eat meat, and get lots of salt. Take vitamin C. IGNORE THE B.S. online, you probably just need the basic measures to fix fatigue if you are not normally fatigued.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

avid (21st September 2020), Bill Ryan (21st September 2020), fifi (22nd September 2020), Tintin (26th October 2020)

5. Link to Post #363
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Potential COVID-19 Treatment Breakthrough Led by Pitt Scientists
    23,878 views•Sep 20, 2020
    ENewsTrends
    32.9K subscribers

"Tiny antibody fragment found effective in preventing and treating COVID-19."
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Gwin Ru (23rd September 2020), mountain_jim (23rd September 2020)

7. Link to Post #364
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

From Jim Stone:
    Another cinchona/quina update

A good guideline: Three grams in 300 grams of water should make a brew so bitter only Rambo would want to drink it. It is not "casual" nasty if it has not been robbed. A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down . . . . and don't use 10 grams in a dose, all 3 of these samples were poured into the same liter container for multiple doses.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th September 2020), fifi (25th September 2020), Franny (18th December 2020), onawah (29th September 2020), Sunny (25th September 2020), Tintin (8th October 2020)

9. Link to Post #365
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Three New Studies Support Vitamin D’s Role in Preventing and Treating COVID-19
    by Barbara Cáceres
    Published September 29, 2020
    https://thevaccinereaction.org/2020/...ting-covid-19/

"Three new studies have reported the positive role of vitamin D in preventing COVID-19 and reducing the severity of illness in hospitalized patients with COVID-19 infection.

Researchers at Boston University conducted a retrospective, observational analysis1 of over 190,000 U.S. patients from 50 states with SARS-CoV-2 results performed mid-March through mid-June, 2020 and who had 25(OH)D (vitamin D) results from the preceding 12 months. Residential zip code data was matched with U.S. Census data to perform analyses of race/ethnicity proportions and latitude.

Vitamin D Deficiency Associated With 54 Percent Higher Risk for COVID-19
    Those who had a circulating level of 25(OH)D below 20 ng/mL had a 54 percent higher positivity rate compared to those who had a blood level of 30–34 ng/mL. The risk of SARS-CoV-2 positivity continued to decline until the serum levels reached 55 ng/mL. The inverse relationship between SARS-CoV-2 positivity and 25(OH)D levels was most striking in predominately black non-Hispanic zip codes, followed by predominately Hispanic zip codes.

Calling the results “remarkable,” researcher Michael Holick, MD, PhD, summarized, “If you’re vitamin D deficient, you have a 54 percent higher risk of acquiring this infection compared to people who were vitamin D sufficient,” he said. “This was for all ages, for all ethnicities and for all latitudes in the United States in all 50 states. So whether you’re in California, Florida, or Alaska this still remained the same.”2

Vitamin D Supplementation Can Maintain Healthy Levels of Vitamin D
    Approximately 42 percent of the US population is vitamin D deficient3 but 82 percent of blacks and 61 percent of Hispanics are deficient,4 and 60 percent of nursing home residents are deficient.5 Dr. Holick says that vitamin D insufficiency is very common in sunny states like California and Florida because of sunscreen use and the fact that people avoid the midday sun when UVB rays trigger a reaction in skin cells that makes vitamin D. He states that supplementation is a safe and effective way to maintain healthy levels of vitamin D, and that infants need 400-1000 units a day, children 600-1000 units a day, and teens and adults need 1500-2000 units a day, but “if you’re obese you need two to three times more.”6

Vitamin D Status Can Affect Risk of Mortality from COVID-19
    A second study,7 also co-authored by Dr. Holick, is a cross sectional analysis of 235 hospitalized patients infected with COVID-19 that found those with sufficient vitamin D status had significantly better outcomes. Of patients over 40 years of age, 9.7 percent of patients who were vitamin D sufficient died compared to 20 percent who were vitamin D insufficient or deficient. Only 6.3 percent of the patients over 40 years died with a blood level of 25(OH)D of 40 ng/mL or higher. The data analyses also revealed that the severe decrease in infection was less prevalent in patients who had sufficient levels of vitamin D. The authors suggest that anti-inflammatory role of vitamin D helps modulate the immune response by reducing the risk for cytokine storm in response to this viral infection.

A pilot study conducted in Cordoba, Spain, and published in the Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology found that the administration of high dose calcifediol (a main metabolite of Vitamin D endocrine system) significantly reduced the need for ICU treatment of patients requiring hospitalization due to proven COVID-19.8

The study evaluated 76 consecutive patients hospitalized with COVID-19 infection and randomly assigned two thirds of the patients to receive oral calcifediol in addition to standard care (per hospital protocol). One third of the patients received only standard care.

Of 50 patients treated with calcifediol, one required admission to the ICU (2 percent), while of 26 untreated patients, 13 required admission (50 percent). Of the patients treated with calcifediol, none died, and all were discharged without complications. The 13 patients not treated with calcifediol, who were not admitted to the ICU, were discharged. Of the 13 patients admitted to the ICU, two died and the remaining 11 were discharged.

The study authors suggested that activation of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) signaling pathway may generate beneficial effects in acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) by decreasing the cytokine/chemokine storm; regulating the renin‑angiotensin system; modulating neutrophil activity and by maintaining the integrity of the pulmonary epithelial barrier; stimulating epithelial repair, and tapering down increased coagulability of the blood."

References:

acute respiratory distress syndrome, ARDS, Barbara Cáceres, Boston University, calcifediol, COVID-19, Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Michael Holick, National Vaccine Information Center, NVIC, SARS-CoV-2, The Vaccine Reaction, VDR, Vitamin D, vitamin D receptor
    Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Franny (18th December 2020), Gwin Ru (30th September 2020), Harmony (26th October 2020), mountain_jim (30th September 2020), Sunny (3rd October 2020), Tintin (8th October 2020)

11. Link to Post #366
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Deadly Serious
    From Organic Consumers Assoc.
    10/2/20

"As COVID-19 claims its 1 millionth death, one thing has become clear: We can’t solve this global health crisis by throwing more vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs at it.

The greatest risk factor for death from COVID-19 is poor health. According to the CDC, 94 percent of death certificates for COVID-19 victims in the U.S. were in people with pre-existing health conditions including diabetes, obesity, heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, dementia and hypertension.

In fact, people who are obese, who also have the coronavirus, are more than twice as likely to end up in the hospital and nearly 50 percent more likely to die.

These health conditions are the real 21st century plague, caused by the non-stop consumption of addictive junk foods that make-up 60 percent or more of the calories in the typical American diet. Calorie- and chemical-laden, they destroy our health, our gut microbiomes and our immune systems, leaving us, as individuals, vulnerable to disease and our world vulnerable to destructive pandemics.

We must stop believing the industry propaganda spouted by Big Food, Big Ag and Big Pharma that chronic disease and the co-morbidities that accompany the vast majority of COVID-19 deaths are “normal” or “natural.” They’re not!

Our global health emergency cannot be solved without a fundamental change in our diets and our industrialized Big Ag and Big Food practices."

Read: ‘Genetic Engineering, Bioweapons, Junk Food and Chronic Disease: Hidden Drivers of COVID-19’
    https://www.organicconsumers.org/blo...content=OB+677

Visit our Gain-of-Function Hall of Shame
    https://www.organicconsumers.org/new...content=OB+677

SIGN THE PETITION: Stop the Genetic Engineering of Viruses! Shut Down All Biowarfare Labs Now!
    https://advocacy.organicconsumers.or...content=OB+677

(As we know, the testing statistics are grossly exaggerated, but the idea that junk food is one BIG reason why people are susceptible to viruses is no exaggeration. )
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th October 2020), Franny (18th December 2020)

13. Link to Post #367
    Language
    English
    Thanks

B Vitamins Might Help Prevent Worst COVID-19 Outcomes
    by Dr. Joseph Mercola
    October 02, 2020

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...&rid=978118812
    STORY AT-A-GLANCE

"While no studies using B vitamins have been performed on COVID-19 patients, researchers stress that, based on B vitamins’ effects on your immune system, immune-competence and red blood cells, supplementation may be a useful adjunct to other prevention and treatment strategies
    One of the factors that make COVID-19 so dangerous to those with underlying conditions or old age is its ability to overactivate your immune system, triggering a cytokine storm
    B vitamins — B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 and B12 — play important roles in cell functioning, energy metabolism and proper immune function, and can play important roles in minimizing your risk of cytokine storm
    B vitamins are involved in the activation of both the innate and adaptive immune responses. They help reduce proinflammatory cytokine levels, improve respiratory function, maintain endothelial integrity, prevent hypercoagulability and can reduce the length of hospital stays
    Dietary source for B vitamins are listed, along with suggestions if you need supplementation
    I’ve written many articles reviewing how nutrients such as vitamins C and D can help prevent and even play a role in the treatment of COVID-19. Now, researchers have highlighted the value of yet another vitamin or, rather, complex of vitamins, namely B vitamins.

The paper,1,2,3,4 “Be Well: A Potential Role for Vitamin D in COVID-19,” was published online August 15, 2020, in the journal Maturitas. The paper is the result of a joint collaboration between researchers at the University of Oxford, United Arab Emirates University and the University of Melbourne, Australia.

While no studies using B vitamins have been performed on COVID-19 patients, the researchers stress that, based on B vitamins’ effects on your immune system, immune-competence and red blood cells (which help fight infection), supplementation may be a useful adjunct to other prevention and treatment strategies. They are not suggesting B vitamins might prevent or treat COVID-19 by themselves.

Why Well-Regulated Immune Function Is Essential
    One of the factors that make COVID-19 so dangerous to those with underlying conditions or old age is its ability to overactivate your immune system, triggering cytokine and/or bradykinin storms.

In a poorly regulated immune system, the body’s cytokine storm induced by COVID cause lots of inflammation in the body, just as if little grenades were being tossed around. This is what causes the worst outcomes and death in COVID. ~ Dr. Uma Naidoo
    By strengthening and modulating immune function, in other words, making it function more appropriately and effectively, nutrients such as vitamins B, C and D can play important roles in minimizing your risk of this deadly development. As explained by Dr. Uma Naidoo, a nutrition expert at Harvard Medical School, who was not involved in the paper:5

“You can think of the immune system as an army. Its job is to protect the body. But if the immune system army isn’t well-regulated, it can overreact and actually cause more damage — this overreaction is what often happens in COVID-19 and is referred to as the cytokine storm.

Cytokines are inflammatory molecules released by immune cells. They are like the weapons of the immune system army. So, if immune cells are soldiers, cytokines are guns and grenades.

And in a poorly regulated immune system, the body’s cytokine storm induced by COVID cause lots of inflammation in the body, just as if little grenades were being tossed around. This is what causes the worst outcomes and death in COVID.

It follows that anything that improves immune system function and decreases the chances that an infected person will have a catastrophic cytokine storm may improve the outcome of COVID-19 cases and decrease the overall death rate. Therefore, it’s quite feasible that B-vitamin supplementation could contribute to preventing the worst COVID outcomes.”

B Vitamins for Healthy Immune Function
    As noted by the authors of “Be Well: A Potential Role for Vitamin D in COVID-19”:6

“There is a need to highlight the importance of vitamin B because it plays a pivotal role in cell functioning, energy metabolism, and proper immune function.

Vitamin B assists in proper activation of both the innate and adaptive immune responses, reduces pro-inflammatory cytokine levels, improves respiratory function, maintains endothelial integrity, prevents hypercoagulability and can reduce the length of stay in hospital.

Therefore, vitamin B status should be assessed in COVID-19 patients and vitamin B could be used as a non-pharmaceutical adjunct to current treatments …

Vitamin B not only helps to build and maintain a healthy immune system, but it could potentially prevent or reduce COVID-19 symptoms or treat SARS-CoV-2 infection. Poor nutritional status predisposes people to infections more easily; therefore, a balanced diet is necessary for immuno-competence.”

The graphic below illustrates the roles various B vitamins play in the COVID-19 disease process. As you can see, B vitamins are involved in several disease aspects, including viral replication and invasion, cytokine storm induction, adaptive immunity and hypercoagulability.

B Vitamins Play Many Roles in COVID-19 Disease Process
    The paper goes on to detail how each B vitamin can be used to manage COVID-19 symptoms:

Vitamin B1 (thiamine) — Thiamine improves immune system function, protects cardiovascular health, inhibits inflammation and aids in healthy antibody responses. Vitamin B1 deficiency can result in an inadequate antibody response, thereby leading to more severe symptoms. There’s also evidence suggesting B1 may limit hypoxia.

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) — Riboflavin in combination with ultraviolet light has been shown to inhibit replication of the MERS-CoV virus, and the combination has also been shown to decrease the infectious titer of SARS-CoV-2 below the detectable limit in human blood, plasma and platelet products.

Vitamin B3 (niacin/nicotinamide) — Niacin is a building block of NAD and NADP, which are vital when combating inflammation. As explained in “Be Well: A Potential Role for Vitamin D in COVID-19”:7

“NAD+ is released during the early stages of inflammation and has immunomodulatory properties, known to decrease the pro-inflammatory cytokines, IL-1β, IL-6 and TNF-α.

Recent evidence indicates that targeting IL-6 could help control the inflammatory storm in patients with COVID-19. Moreover, niacin reduces neutrophil infiltration and exhibits an anti-inflammatory effect in patients with ventilator-induced lung injury …

In addition, nicotinamide reduces viral replication (vaccinia virus, human immunodeficiency virus, enteroviruses, hepatitis B virus) and strengthens the body’s defense mechanisms. Taking into account the lung protective and immune strengthening roles of niacin, it could be used as an adjunct treatment for COVID-19 patients.”

Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) — Vitamin B5 aids in wound healing and reduces inflammation.

Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal 5′-phosphate/pyridoxine) — Pyridoxal 5′-phosphate (PLP), the active form of vitamin B6, is a cofactor in several inflammatory pathways. Vitamin B6 deficiency is associated with dysregulated immune function. Inflammation increases the need for PLP, which can result in depletion.

According to the authors, in COVID-19 patients with high levels of inflammation, B6 deficiency may be a contributing factor. What’s more, B6 may also play an important role in preventing the hypercoagulation seen in some COVID-19 patients:8

“In a recent preprint it is suggested that PLP supplementation mitigates COVID-19 symptoms by regulating immune responses, decreasing pro-inflammatory cytokines, maintaining endothelial integrity and preventing hypercoagulability. In fact, it was shown three decades ago that PLP levels reduce abnormalities in platelet aggregation and blood clot formation.

Recently researchers at Victoria University reported that vitamin B6 (as well as B2 and B9) upregulated IL-10, a powerful anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive cytokine which can deactivate macrophages and monocytes and inhibit antigen-presenting cells and T cells.

COVID-19 patients often respond to the virus by mounting an excessive T cell response and secretion of pro-inflammatory cytokines. It may be that PLP is able to contribute to dampening the cytokine storm and inflammation suffered by some COVID-19 patients.”

Vitamin B9 (folate/folic acid) — Folate, the natural form of B9 found in food, is required for the synthesis of DNA and protein in your adaptive immune response.

Folic acid, the synthetic form typically found in supplements, was recently found9 to inhibit furin, an enzyme associated with viral infections, thereby preventing the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein from binding to and gaining entry into your cells. The research10 suggests folic acid may therefore be helpful during the early stages of COVID-19.

Another recent paper11 found folic acid has a strong and stable binding affinity against SARS-CoV-2. This too suggests it may be a suitable therapeutic against COVID-19.

Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) — B12 is required for healthy synthesis of red blood cells and DNA. A deficiency in B12 increases inflammation and oxidative stress by raising homocysteine levels. Your body can eliminate homocysteine naturally, provided you’re getting enough B9 (folate), B6 and B12.12

Hyperhomocysteinemia — a condition characterized by abnormally high levels of homocysteine — causes endothelial dysfunction, activates platelet and coagulation cascades and decreases immune responses.

B12 deficiency is also associated with certain respiratory disorders. Advancing age can diminish your body’s ability to absorb B12 from food,13 so the need for supplementation may increase as you get older. According to “Be Well: A Potential Role for Vitamin D in COVID-19”:14

“A recent study showed that methylcobalamin supplements have the potential to reduce COVID-19-related organ damage and symptoms. A clinical study conducted in Singapore showed that COVID-19 patients who were given vitamin B12 supplements (500 μg), vitamin D (1000 IU) and magnesium had reduced COVID-19 symptom severity and supplements significantly reduced the need for oxygen and intensive care support.”

How to Improve Your Vitamin B Status
    As a general rule, I recommend getting most if not all of your nutrition from real food, ideally organic to avoid toxic pesticides, and locally grown. Depending on your situation and condition, however, you may need one or more supplements.

To start, review the following listing of foods that contain the B vitamins discussed in this article. If you find that you rarely or never eat foods rich in one or more of these nutrients, you may want to consider taking a high quality, ideally food-based supplement.

Also consider limiting sugar and eating fermented foods. The entire B group vitamin series is produced within your gut, assuming you have healthy gut flora. Eating real food, including plenty of leafy greens and fermented foods, will provide your microbiome with important fiber and beneficial bacteria to help optimize your internal vitamin B production.

Vitamin B1

Pork, fish, nuts and seeds, beans, green peas, brown rice, squash, asparagus and seafood.15

The recommended daily allowance for B1 is 1.2 mg/day for men and 1.1 mg/day for women.16

Vitamin B2

Eggs, organ meats, lean meats, green vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli and spinach.17

The RDA is 1.1 mg for adult women and 1.3 mg for men.

Your body cannot absorb more than about 27 mg at a time, and some multivitamins or B-complex supplements may contain unnecessarily high amounts.18

Vitamin B3

Liver, chicken, veal, peanuts, chili powder, bacon and sun-dried tomatoes have some of the highest amounts of niacin per gram.19

Other niacin-rich foods include baker’s yeast, paprika, espresso coffee, anchovies, spirulina, duck, shiitake mushrooms and soy sauce.20

The dietary reference intake established by the Food and Nutrition Board ranges from 14 to 18 mg per day for adults.

Higher amounts are recommended depending on your condition. For a list of recommended dosages, see the Mayo Clinic’s website.21

Vitamin B5

Beef, poultry, seafood, organ meats, eggs, milk, mushrooms, avocados, potatoes, broccoli, peanuts, sunflower seeds, chickpeas and brown rice.22

The RDA is 5 mg for adults over the age of 19.

Pantothenic acid in dietary supplements is often in the form of calcium pantothenate or pantethine.23

Vitamin B6

Turkey, beef, chicken, wild-caught salmon, sweet potatoes, potatoes, sunflower seeds, pistachios, avocado, spinach and banana.24,25

Nutritional yeast is an excellent source of B vitamins, especially B6.26

One serving (2 tablespoons) contains nearly 10 mg of vitamin B6.

Not to be confused with Brewer’s yeast or other active yeasts, nutritional yeast is made from an organism grown on molasses, which is then harvested and dried to deactivate the yeast.

It has a pleasant cheesy flavor and can be added to a number of different dishes.

Vitamin B9

Fresh, raw, organic leafy green vegetables, especially broccoli, asparagus, spinach and turnip greens, and a wide variety of beans, especially lentils, but also pinto beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, navy and black beans.27

Folic acid is a synthetic type of B vitamin used in supplements; folate is the natural form found in foods.

(Think: Folate comes from foliage, edible leafy plants.)

For folic acid to be of use, it must first be activated into its biologically active form (L-5-MTHF).

Nearly half the population has difficulty converting folic acid into the bioactive form due to a genetic reduction in enzyme activity.

For this reason, if you take a B-vitamin supplement, make sure it contains natural folate rather than synthetic folic acid.

Nutritional yeast is an excellent source.28

Research29 also shows your dietary fiber intake has an impact on your folate status.

For each gram of fiber consumed, folate levels increased by nearly 2%.

The researchers hypothesize that this boost in folate level is due to the fact that fiber nourishes bacteria that synthesize folate in your large intestine.

Vitamin B12

Vitamin B12 is found almost exclusively in animal tissues, including foods like beef and beef liver, lamb, snapper, venison, salmon, shrimp, scallops, poultry, eggs and dairy products.

The few plant foods that are sources of B12 are actually B12 analogs that block the uptake of true B12.

Nutritional yeast is high in B12, and is highly recommended for vegetarians and vegans.

One serving (2 tablespoons) provides nearly 8 mcg of natural vitamin B12.30

Sublingual (under-the-tongue) fine mist spray or vitamin B12 injections are also effective, as they allow the large B12 molecule to be absorbed directly into your bloodstream."

Sources and References
    1, 6 Maturitas August 15, 2020 DOI: 10.1016/j.maturitas.2020.08.007 [Epub ahead of print]
    2 AOL August 28, 2020
    3 MSN August 28, 2020
    4, 5 Yahoo August 27, 2020
    7 Maturitas August 15, 2020 DOI: 10.1016/j.maturitas.2020.08.007 [Epub ahead of print], 1.3. Vitamin B3
    8 Maturitas August 15, 2020 DOI: 10.1016/j.maturitas.2020.08.007 [Epub ahead of print], 1.5. Vitamin B6
    9, 10 ChemRxiv March 30, 2020 DOI: 10.26434/chemrxiv.12034980.v1 (PDF)
    11 Research Square May 26, 2020 DOI: 10.21203/rs.3.rs-31775/v1
    12 PLoS ONE 5(9): e12244
    13 New York Times September 6, 2016
    14 Maturitas August 15, 2020 DOI: 10.1016/j.maturitas.2020.08.007 [Epub ahead of print], 1.7. Vitamin B12
    15 My Food Data, Thiamine
    16 Dietary Reference Intakes for B Vitamins
    17, 18 NIH.gov Riboflavin
    19 Healthaliciousness.com, Top 10 High Niacin Foods
    20 Healthaliciousness.com, Niacin-Rich Foods
    21 Mayo Clinic Niacin Dosing
    22, 23 NIH.gov Pantothenic Acid
    24 Worlds Healthiest Foods, Vitamin B6
    25 Healthalisciousness.com, Top 10 Foods High in Vitamin B6
    26, 30 Self Nutrition Data, Nutritional Yeast
    27 Worlds Healthiest Foods, Folate
    28 Chalkboard, Nutritional Yeast
    29 American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 1997 Dec;66(6):1414-21
    Each breath a gift...

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Agape (5th October 2020), Bill Ryan (26th October 2020), Franny (18th December 2020), Harmony (26th October 2020), Sunny (3rd October 2020)

15. Link to Post #368
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

The Quantum Biofeedback Device (starting at 00:12:10):

LF MEETING 8/23/2020 -MEGA, COVID SOLUTION, & FDA BUSTED! 1:16:37

Aug 24, 2020

SPEAK Project

If you interested in getting more information on the Quantum Healing device please submit at: https://www.lifeforce.solutions
    Last edited by Gwin Ru; 5th October 2020 at 01:32.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Agape (5th October 2020), Bill Ryan (26th October 2020)

17. Link to Post #369
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,403 times in 4,618 posts

Just stumbled upon something accidentally but wonder if it’s been tested with the Covid 19.

Antiviral activity of itraconazole against type I feline coronavirus infection

Itraconazole is antimycotic type of medicine used against number of fungal infections including respiratory infections.

Itraconazole was approved for medical use in the US in 1992.

Despite all the side effects described it is generally considered “low risk medication”. It’s said to be difficult to swallow and leaves some after taste.

In the research paper above it was found to be effective against several types of viruses including coronavirus in cats.

We have lots of fungus here in the mountains especially around rainy season. Even though people keep white washing and repainting their houses every so often,
    all kinds of fungus grow on everything, they love wood of course but also stones, cloths and books.
    We disinfect and clean everything in high UV Sunlight after the rainy season however the fungal spores come to be breathed (.)

Sun of course, ultimately heals and dries everything cleansing it to white bones.

While underlying fungal infections of lungs are almost very common and can go long undetected causing only occasional fevers but large formation of sputum
    they are fairly difficult to get rid off without knowing the right protocol.

In any case, wonder if it’s been tested already

🙏🌸🙏

For Mind-Only School philosophers, there is a way out I hope

by repeating y-dracon-azole 3 times a Day instead.

Notice it’s draconian measure .

Keep smiling

🙂
    Last edited by Agape; 5th October 2020 at 15:42.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th October 2020), Harmony (26th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th October 2020), Sunny (5th October 2020)

19. Link to Post #370
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,028 times in 2,189 posts

Back in 1962 (when this was created) here is what they thought disease prevention would look like in the year 2022.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Agape (7th October 2020), Bill Ryan (26th October 2020), Constance (8th October 2020), Harmony (26th October 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (8th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (8th October 2020)

21. Link to Post #371
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Why did the media stop talking about Sweden? Because no lockdowns looks like this:

by IWB
    October 6, 2020

by UKILL3R

Not only that, Sweden never made masks mandatory. They literally never had to wear masks to this day. This ‘little’ fact is completely suppressed in the news, and now they have the lowest lethality in all of Europe.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

avid (8th October 2020), Bill Ryan (26th October 2020), Constance (8th October 2020), Franny (18th December 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (8th October 2020), Kryztian (14th December 2020), onevoice (8th October 2020), safara (10th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (8th October 2020), Sunny (9th October 2020), Tintin (8th October 2020)

23. Link to Post #372
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,006 times in 5,559 posts

It's entirely possible that some of these may already have been mentioned on this thread, but, here's a great resource all in one place that reinforces the treatment protocols that can and should be used to counter Covid-19.

Source: https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...GSm-oWkaownkzo

I'll endeavour to add these to the library over the next day or so, probably in a 'Treatment' folder under the Coronavirus directory.

Extracted:

May 8, 2020 10am. Low dose Hydroxychloroquine and daily Zinc. Feel free to share this link. https://1drv.ms/w/s!Akio3mRvXSI0mC1kpvqFpGqMJ5M6

This will be updated as time goes by and the link to the updating document is below: Suggested weekly and then perhaps monthly dosing treatment regimens for consideration at bottom of document in consultation with your physician. Caution perhaps refrain from Advil Motrin perhaps other NSAIDS and maybe Tylenol… if able… may potentiate virus replication…unsure- developing.

Proposed early outpatient treatment regimens using Hydroxychloroquine and Zinc- : https://1drv.ms/w/s!Akio3mRvXSI0mSKNeP8T822ka8Fn

Begin Daily Zinc Supplements as soon as possible low/normal daily dose of 11mgto 50mg. Vitamin C and D3 are helpful. Begin use of zinc Ionophore such as moderate low doses of elderberry, blueberries, or quercetin until you can get Hydroxychloroquine and take low dose at least 200mg per month and take one pill daily if showing signs of Covid max 5 days in a row then back to one pill per month. Consult your physician and ask for at least 28 pills. Prepare for “Darkest Winter, 2020”

Darkest Winter 2020 Operation Dark Winter, what is it and how to hopefully prevent it.
    Updated: June 15, 2020
    Food Supply is Critical- watch out for the middlemen and slaughterhouse bottlenecks.
    https://1drv.ms/w/s!Akio3mRvXSI0mk8lB_P3mXINL_fY shareable hyperlink.

Operation Dark Winter was the original name for the Anthrax release of 2001 from Ft Dietrich who’s originator was covered up by the investigators from the Dept of Justice, Robert Mueller and FBI rep James Comey from 2001 to 2010 or so. The actual culprit was perhaps Dr. or Lt. Col Philip Zack Zackerie, not Dr. Hatfill nor the man who was suicided, Bruce Ivins.

Rick Bright alluded to it in his testimony- A Promise and a Threat? https://twitter.com/cspan/status/126...476470790?s=21

All roads lead to dark winter
    https://www.thelastamericanvagabond....d-dark-winter/

Redfield says fall may be worse
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN2233E8

Fauci says we may never get rid of Coronavirus? Or Covid?
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/22/dr-a...radicated.html

If this is all true, then should we all not be prophylaxing with the known items that help and will not hurt in Covid-19 such as Zinc D3 C and a zinc ionophore such as elderberry Quercetin or the longest acting and most efficient Hydroxychloroquine at least one 200mg pill a month for an adult.

How to avoid Dark Winter 2020
    1. Secure Zinc supplies, don’t overdose, just get 11mg to 50mg per day for everyone within the United States and throughout the hard hit countries advocating for use of hydroxychloroquine.
    2. Use in conjunction with a Zinc Ionophore which is Elderberry or Quercetin or Blueberries or best of all, Hydroxychloroquine also in low or moderate dose. If taking hydroxychloroquine in conjunction with a physician ask for at least 28 pills of HCQ 200mg and take one per month however increase to one pill per day if get symptoms of Covid-19/20 such as diarrhea or sore throat and take until symptoms go away, not to exceed 5 days, then back to monthly. This dose will be modified as more is learned about the covid and may vary by weight and size of patient. Children may need very little or small pieces of a pill, no need to take too much.
    3. Secure Food Supply Zinc, Vitamin C and Vitamin D3 sources:
    a. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1812861901 Shad Sullivan makes a plea- must watch.
    b. We hope the President acts to protect independent supply chains of all products including livestock and farm produce and medications.
    c. https://massie.house.gov/newsroom/pr...eat-processing
    d.
    i. Smithfield farms is Chinese owned 100%
    ii. JBS industry’s majority Brazilian owned.
    iii. Fruit companies and other large processing companies set prices
    iv. Farmers cannot sell boxed beef yet USA imports boxed beef from Africa and removed COOL (Country of origin Labeling) now just Grass Fed Free range Hormone Free.
    e. The Food supply is an integral part of Operation Darkest Winter and in order to have social unrest the USDA is paying farmers to destroy their crops rather than harvesting them and saving them or exporting them to starving populations and countries throughout the world.
    i. Destroy our US milk supply rather than storing it as dry milk or providing it to the children at home and not attending school and fortifying it with vitamin D etc. .
    1. Children are depressed and need Vitamin D or replacement vitaminD3 which not only helps prevent depression but protects against influenza and other viruses.
    2. Children’s Depression is also prevented with Zinc which is in the chicken and beef and pork etc
    3. Producing dried fruits and vegetables and storing or selling them in the world markets.
    4. https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexand.../#47b24ed47f34
    ii. Food Riots and blame the President when it was indeed the executive branch- the USDA and FDA who caused the food shortages along with the judiciary who allowed boxed beef imports from Namibia Africa, next to SouthAfrica.
    iii. https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/202.../unit-m30.html
    f. Other infections may be on the rise such as West Nile virus
    i. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...us/5451248002/
    ii.
    Second Wave of Covid begins in September:
    http://www.healthdata.org/news-relea...eptember-15-us

Covid seems to be from the Anthrax playbook

Very important to learn about Bioport aka Emergent Biosolutions

And operation Dark Winter (< Admin note :added Avalon Library link)

That June 2001 exercise, known as “Dark Winter,” also predicted many aspects of government pandemic response that would later re-emerge in last October’s simulation “Event 201,” which predicted a global pandemic caused by a novel Coronavirus just months before the Covid-19 outbreak.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/how-em...market/266615/ This is a must read document.

1. Release anthrax from Military Ft Dietrich and pretend it was someone else
    2. Shut down Gov and scare people with death- post offices and others
    3. Blame wrong people and never identify the real perpetrators. Real perpetrators work for Corporations within gov facilities ie Gilead within Ft Dietrich.
    a. Wrong Dr Hatfill was not responsible nor was Ivins,
    b. ,Lt. Col. Philip Zack, (Zakerie) who at the time no longer worked at Fort Detrick. A surveillance camera recorded Zack being let in at 8:40 p.m. on Jan. 23, 1992, apparently by Dr. Marian Rippy, a lab pathologist and close friend of Zack's, according to a report filed by a security guard.
    4. https://www.thelastamericanvagabond....d-dark-winter/
    Rick Bright Fired by Trump warns of Darkest Winter 2020
    https://twitter.com/cspan/status/126...476470790?s=21

5. Bioport makes money now called Emergent Biosolutions

6. https://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-a...c06-story.html

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...ts-us-soldiers

Bioport producer of “treatment” was ready to go with the vaccine- Bioport a Michigan company that was bought and
    pilots refused anthrax vaccine

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...me-pilots-quit

vaccine eventually made mandatory again so who is Bioport or now Emergent medical solutions? It is the company that makes Narcan as well as the antrax vaccine.

Is there a new law that mandates inhalable Narcan be given to everyone on opioids? More money for Emergent Biosolutions? Or some other company?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergent_BioSolutions

and now emergent biosolutions is working on the covid vaccne with Jand J

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...ng/ar-BB13AW5K

Articles of interest:

Long-lasting Covid 19 symptoms
    https://www.mdedge.com/chestphysicia...want%20answers

longstanding lung damage
    https://theconversation.com/coronavi...er-time-140398

reduced lung function
    https://m.dw.com/en/covid-19-recover...ion/a-52859671

risk factors for mottality in NYC
    https://link.springer.com/article/10...06-020-05983-z
    Last edited by Tintin; 25th October 2020 at 11:08.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th October 2020), Constance (26th October 2020), Franny (18th December 2020), Gwin Ru (25th October 2020), Harmony (26th October 2020), justntime2learn (26th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (24th October 2020), Sunny (25th October 2020)

25. Link to Post #373
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This kills covid 98% in 48h

26. Link to Post #374
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Gargling With Iodine Beats COVID
    Published on September 17, 2020
    by Dr. Sircus
    https://drsircus.com/general/garglin...e-beats-covid/

"A small randomized controlled trial suggesting that gargling with povidone-iodine clears the virus from the nose and throat within four days. This result comes as no surprise because, for a century, doctors have known that iodine is effective, not only for bacterial and fungal infections but for viruses as well.
    And here's the study:

“If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th October 2020), Constance (26th October 2020), Gwin Ru (26th October 2020), Harmony (26th October 2020), justntime2learn (26th October 2020), mountain_jim (26th October 2020), onawah (26th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th October 2020)

28. Link to Post #375
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here's some more up to date information relating to Vitamin D from new recent research undertaken at Marqués de Valdecilla University Hospital in Spain. As we are all aware Spain has been hit particularly hard and this research seems to shed more light on the likely efficacy of Vit D as a weapon and seems to confirm - again - that a deficiency here leads to complications.

Source: 21st Century Wire

Spain: Study Shows 80% COVID Patients Deficient in Vitamin D
    OCTOBER 28, 2020 BY NEWS WIRE

A new study has all but confirmed the link between COVID sufferers and Vitamin D deficiency. This latest study lends additional support to the argument that cheap therapeutics are already readily available to public – a key point which further demolishes the US, UK government and Big Pharma narrative that “only a vaccine” can save the population from a rapidly waning ‘novel’ coronavirus which is still being used by politicians and the World Economic Forum to justify the continuation of highly damaging lockdown policies.

Results of new research done by the Marqués de Valdecilla University Hospital in Spain shows that a large number of COVID-19 patients – 82% of them, were found to have low levels of vitamin D, according to this new peer reviewed study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.

Evidence seems to suggest that out of the 216 tested, more men were affected by this condition than women.

Conversely, a control group showed that only 47% of people who didn’t have the virus were Vitamin D deficient.

Vitamin D is a hormone produced in the kidneys which aids in the regulation of calcium in the bloodstream.

According to researchers, one possible mechanism for the high risk to serious illness in low Vitamin D sufferers could be a clear increase in serum levels of inflammatory markers like D-dimer and ferritin used by the body to fight off an infection.

One specific note: researchers did not find a clear association with the levels of vitamin D and the severity of COVID, or a need to be sent to intensive care, or placed on a ventilator, or death.

According to researcher Dr Jose Hernandez, from the University of Cantabria, “One approach is to identify and treat vitamin D deficiency, especially in high-risk individuals such as the elderly, patients with comorbidities, and nursing home residents, who are the main target population for the COVID-19.”

Regarding the issue of treatment, Dr Hernandez added that, “Vitamin D treatment should be recommended in COVID-19 patients with low levels of vitamin D circulating in the blood since this approach might have beneficial effects in both the musculoskeletal and the immune system.”

The online-only published research document which should go to print soon.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th November 2020), Constance (28th October 2020), Ewan (28th October 2020), Franny (18th December 2020), Gwin Ru (29th October 2020), Harmony (28th October 2020), Iyakum (18th November 2020), justntime2learn (10th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (28th October 2020)

30. Link to Post #376
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dr. Zev Zelenko treatment and prophylaxis protocols

Dr. Zev Zelenko has today linked via his Twitter feed a latest research study which he has co-authored, linked below, along with his Treatment and Prophylaxis protocols.

I'll attempt to get these in the library before the week is out.

In the meantime these are downloadable via Google docs here:
    - Treatment: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...DUXmcAvwg/edit

- Prophylaxis: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...LixedgwpQ/edit
    - The study: COVID-19 outpatients: early risk-stratified treatment with zinc plus low-dose hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin: a retrospective case series study

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...24857920304258
    Last edited by Tintin; 10th November 2020 at 12:22.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

avid (10th November 2020), Bill Ryan (10th November 2020), Constance (12th November 2020), Ewan (10th November 2020), Franny (18th December 2020), Gwin Ru (10th November 2020), Iyakum (18th November 2020), justntime2learn (10th November 2020), Sunny (11th November 2020)

32. Link to Post #377
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    Dr. Zev Zelenko treatment and prophylaxis protocols

Dr. Zev Zelenko has today linked via his Twitter feed a latest research study which he has co-authored, linked below, along with his Treatment and Prophylaxis protocols.

I'll attempt to get these in the library before the week is out.

In the meantime these are downloadable via Google docs here:
    - Treatment: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...DUXmcAvwg/edit

- Prophylaxis: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...LixedgwpQ/edit
    - The study: COVID-19 outpatients: early risk-stratified treatment with zinc plus low-dose hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin: a retrospective case series study

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...24857920304258
    Follow-up to this post - Zev Zelenko has revised the data to his flowchart published in his protocols.

They can be downloaded from here: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...%21105&o=OneUp

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th November 2020), Constance (17th November 2020), Ewan (17th November 2020), Franny (17th November 2020), Gwin Ru (18th November 2020), Iyakum (18th November 2020), justntime2learn (18th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (17th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (17th November 2020)

34. Link to Post #378
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,755 times in 32,946 posts

A very interesting new video from Chris Martenson arguing, from detailed case studies, that while hydroxychloroquine is an effective Covid treatment, Invermectin is even better.

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (18th November 2020), Alan (18th November 2020), Constance (18th November 2020), Franny (23rd November 2020), Gwin Ru (18th November 2020), kudzy (18th November 2020), leavesoftrees (19th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd November 2020), Sunny (19th November 2020), Yoda (18th November 2020)

36. Link to Post #379
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,403 times in 4,618 posts

I would still always return to the first page of this thread for list of best of possible treatments.

I’ve just recently had something awful, bronchitis type of cough and cold, it’s cold November after all but it was worse than Covid 19 I swear 🙄
    Lots of so called productive cough and nose stuffed continuously, if I did not have skills in cleaning it up it sure would ended badly. Broke down with cough while at bookstore so ran back home. It just misreacted all the time.

Had antibiotic and herbals like Tulsi, Ashwagnada, vitamins and excellent cough syrup with honey but it would never work out without :

oregano - garlic - ginger infusion

lemons and oranges

and glass of whiskey

at the end of the story.

The last item seemed to activate all the previous so finally all symptoms started receding and though I’m probably not on my best performance, I was able to get out for two days now.

The rest of the village too are suffering from the seasonal colds, unavoidably so, it’s always been here, it’s the Himalayas.

But they looked rather surprised I’m out of the worst so soon.

( Insh’Allah)

🙏🌟🙏

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Ewan (23rd November 2020), Franny (23rd November 2020), Gwin Ru (18th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd November 2020), Sunny (19th November 2020)

38. Link to Post #380
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,324 times in 2,101 posts

From Dr Joseph Mercola, another article on how Melatonin can help with CV19. It would be interesting and valuable to know if it helps with other corona viruses as well.

Cleveland Clinic Identifies Melatonin as COVID-19 Treatment
    November 23, 2020

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
    • Melatonin has been shown to play a role in viral infections and research suggests it may be an important adjunct to COVID-19 treatment
    • Data analysis by Cleveland Clinic found patients who used supplemental melatonin had a 28% lower risk of testing positive for COVID-19. Blacks who used melatonin were 52% less likely to test positive for the virus
    • Melatonin attenuates several pathological features of COVID-19, including excessive inflammation and oxidation, exaggerated immune response resulting in a cytokine storm, acute lung injury and acute respiratory distress syndrome
    • A case series reports patients given 36 mg to 72 mg of intravenous melatonin per day as an adjunct therapy to standard of care improved within four to five days; all survived
    • Texas urgent care clinics using high-dose melatonin in combination with vitamin C and vitamin D say they’ve successfully treated hundreds of COVID-19 patients. Melatonin enhances vitamin D signaling and the two work synergistically to enhance your mitochondrial function

Melatonin is a hormone synthesized in your pineal gland and many other organs.1 While it is most well-known as a natural sleep regulator, it also has many other important functions.2

For example, melatonin:
    • Is a potent antioxidant3 with the rare ability to enter your mitochondria,4 where it helps “prevent mitochondrial impairment, energy failure and apoptosis of mitochondria damaged by oxidation.”5 It also helps recharge glutathione,6 and glutathione deficiency has been linked to COVID-19 severity
    • Plays an important role in cancer prevention7
    • Is important for brain, cardiovascular and gastrointestinal health8
    • Boosts immune function in a variety of ways
    • May improve the treatment of certain bacterial diseases, including tuberculosis9
    • Helps quell inflammation
    • May prevent or improve autoimmune diseases, including Type 1 diabetes10
    • Is an important energy hormone that can influence your energy level11
    • Helps regulate gene expression via a series of enzymes12
    • Has anticonvulsant and antiexcitotoxic properties13

Melatonin Also Has Important Role in COVID-19 Treatment

Melatonin has also been shown to play a role in viral infections14 and according to a June 2020 research paper15,16,17 in Life Sciences journal, it may be an important adjunct to COVID-19 treatment. According to the authors, melatonin attenuates several pathological features of COVID-19, including:18
    • Excessive oxidative stress and inflammation
    • Exaggerated immune response resulting in a cytokine storm
    • Acute lung injury
    • Acute respiratory distress syndrome

They point out that melatonin is also “effective in critical care patients by reducing vessel permeability, anxiety, sedation use, and improving sleeping quality, which might also be beneficial for better clinical outcomes.”19

The scientific review paper,20 “Melatonin Potentials Against Viral Infections Including COVID-19: Current Evidence and New Findings,” published October 2020 in Virus Research journal, also summarizes the many potential mechanisms by which melatonin can protect against and ameliorate viral infections.

The authors review research looking at melatonin’s beneficial effects against a variety of viruses, including respiratory syncytial virus, Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus, viral hepatitis, viral myocarditis, Ebola, West Nile virus and dengue virus. Based on these collective findings, they believe melatonin may offer similar protection against SARS-CoV-2.

Melatonin Reduces Risk of Positive COVID-19 Test

Data 21,22 from Cleveland Clinic also supports the use of melatonin. Here, the researchers analyzed patient data from the Cleveland Clinic’s COVID-19 registry using an artificial intelligence platform designed to identify drugs that may be repurposed.23,24

Patients who used melatonin as a supplement had, on average, a 28% lower risk of testing positive for SARS-CoV-2. Blacks who used melatonin were 52% less likely to test positive for the virus.

By identifying clinical manifestations and pathologies shared by COVID-19 and 64 other diseases, they were able to conclude that certain proteins associated with chronic diseases are highly connected with SARS-CoV-2 proteins. Put another way, a number of proteins appear to play a key role in the pathologies seen both in COVID-19 and other chronic diseases. For example:25

“Analyses of single-cell RNA sequencing data show that co-expression of ACE2 and TMPRSS2 is elevated in absorptive enterocytes from the inflamed ileal tissues of Crohn disease patients compared to uninflamed tissues, revealing shared pathobiology between COVID-19 and inflammatory bowel disease.

Integrative analyses of metabolomics and transcriptomics (bulk and single-cell) data from asthma patients indicate that COVID-19 shares an intermediate inflammatory molecular profile with asthma (including IRAK3 and ADRB2).”

The diagram below illustrates (among other things) the basic pathogenesis of SARS-CoV-2 (figure A) and the network of disease manifestations associated with the infection (figure C).

Click image for larger version

Name:	basic-pathogenesis-of-sars-cov-2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	45227

These connections suggest that drugs already in use for a chronic disease may be repurposed and used in the treatment of COVID-19, as it acts on one or more shared biological targets. Melatonin stood out in this regard. Patients who used melatonin as a supplement had, on average, a 28% lower risk of testing positive for SARS-CoV-2. Blacks who used melatonin were 52% less likely to test positive for the virus.

Confounding variables adjusted for in the calculations included age, sex, race, smoking history and several known comorbidities. The authors point out that while the findings look promising, large observational studies and randomized controlled trials are still needed to validate the clinical benefits of melatonin.

Two key data points missing from the analysis are the dosage used and the length of supplementation. These data were not included in the patient registry, so we don’t know how much melatonin is required to lower your risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection to the degree found in this study.

High-Dose Melatonin Successfully Treats COVID-19

It’s possible that higher doses than those used for sleep may be needed, at least when treating an active infection. A recent case series26 published in the journal Melatonin Research details how high-dose intravenous melatonin can benefit patients with COVID-19 pneumonia.

Here, patients were given 36 mg to 72 mg per day in four divided doses as an adjunct therapy to standard of care. Most supplements contain between 0.5 mg and 5 mg, and when used for sleep, you’d typically start with the lowest dose and work your way up as needed.

All of the patients given melatonin improved within four to five days, and all survived. On average, those given melatonin were discharged from the hospital after 7.3 days, compared to 13 days for those who did not get melatonin. This is far better than the expensive treatment Remdesivir, which costs over $3,000 and doesn’t produce anywhere near this improvement.

Other Doctors Are Also Using Melatonin Against COVID-19

Dr. Richard Neel and colleagues at Little Alsace and Uvalde Urgent Care clinics in Texas also report using high-dose melatonin in combination with vitamin C and vitamin D, and had as of the last week of July 2020 successfully treated more than 400 patients.27

As reviewed in a section below, melatonin enhances vitamin D signaling and the two work synergistically to enhance your mitochondrial function. Melatonin and vitamin C are both also involved with ACE2, the receptor that SARS-CoV-2 uses to gain entry into the cell.

Together, melatonin and vitamin C help reduce SARS-CoV-2 virulence by inhibiting NLRP3 inflammasomes, which in turn inhibits cytokine storms. The Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Working Group (FLCCC)28 also lists melatonin as an optional addition to their MATH+ protocol for COVID-19.

How Melatonin Combats COVID-19

Research suggests melatonin may have the ability to combat COVID-19 via several different mechanisms. For example, it’s been shown to regulate immune responses and prevent cytokine storms.29 As explained by the authors of one such study,30 when your immune cells are in a hyper-inflammatory state, their metabolism changes in a way similar to that of cancer cells:

“Similar to cancer cells … immune cells such as macrophages/monocytes under inflammatory conditions abandon mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation for ATP production in favor of cytosolic aerobic glycolysis (also known as the Warburg effect) …

The change to aerobic glycolysis allows immune cells to become highly phagocytic, accelerate ATP production, intensify their oxidative burst and to provide the abundant metabolic precursors required for enhanced cellular proliferation and increased synthesis and release of cytokines ...

Because of melatonin's potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities, it would normally reduce the highly proinflammatory cytokine storm and neutralize the generated free radicals thereby preserving cellular integrity and preventing lung damage.”

Cytokine storm is one of the reasons why sepsis (blood poisoning) is so lethal, and studies have confirmed melatonin has a favorable influence on sepsis. (Sepsis is also a feature of severe COVID-19.) As reported in a 2010 study in the Journal of Critical Care:31

Quote “Melatonin is an effective anti-inflammatory agent … Its anti-inflammatory action has been attributed to inhibition of nitric oxide synthase with consequent reduction of peroxynitrite formation, to the stimulation of various antioxidant enzymes thus contributing to enhance the antioxidant defense, and to protective effects on mitochondrial function and in preventing apoptosis.

In a number of animal models of septic shock, as well as in patients with septic disease, melatonin reportedly exerts beneficial effects to arrest cellular damage and multiorgan failure …

Apart from action on the local sites of inflammation, melatonin also exerts its beneficial actions through a multifactorial pathway including its effects as immunomodulatory, antioxidant and antiapoptotic agent.”
    More recently, a 2019 animal study32 in the journal Frontiers in Immunology discusses how melatonin can protect against polymicrobial sepsis — i.e., sepsis caused by more than one microbial organism — which has a twofold higher lethality than unimicrobial sepsis (sepsis caused by a single microbe).33

In this case, melatonin appears to offer protection by having an antibacterial effect on white blood cells called neutrophils. A high neutrophil count is an indicator for infection. Melatonin may also combat SARS-CoV-2 infection by:34
    • Suppressing oxidative stress35
    • Regulating blood pressure (a risk factor for severe COVID-19)
    • Improving metabolic defects associated with diabetes and insulin resistance (risk factors for severe COVID-19) via inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS)
    • Protecting mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs, which have been shown to ameliorate severe SARS-CoV-2 infection) against injuries and improving their biological activities
    • Promoting both cell-mediated and humoral immunity
    • Promoting synthesis of progenitor cells for macrophages and granulocytes, natural killer (NK) cells and T-helper cells, specifically CD4+ cells
    • Inhibiting NLRP3 inflammasomes36

General Guidance for Supplementation

As mentioned, it’s very difficult to make dosage recommendations based on the limited evidence currently at hand, but since Cleveland Clinic looked at the supplements patients reported using, it seems reasonable to assume they were using it as you typically would. Most melatonin supplements contain between 0.5 mg and 5 mg.

In the case report mentioned earlier, patients were given 36 mg to 72 mg of melatonin intravenously per day, which would likely be excessive for prophylactic use. That said, research37 has found no adverse effects for dosages ranging from 20 mg up to 100 mg.

Whatever dose you take, and I recommend starting low, at 1 mg or less, be sure to take melatonin at night, before bed. Rising melatonin levels is the reason you feel sleepy in the evening, so it’s ill advised to take it in the morning or during the day, when your natural level is (and should be) low. If you happen to wake up in the middle of the night, especially if you’re exposed to a light source, you could also take some then, to help you go back to sleep.

Melatonin is also best taken sublingually, either in the form of a spray or sublingual tablet. Sublingually, it can enter your blood stream directly and doesn’t have to go through the digestive tract. As a result, its effect will be felt more rapidly.

Melatonin and Vitamin D Are a Winning Combo

Another supplement of crucial importance in the age of COVID-19 is vitamin D. Interestingly, melatonin enhances vitamin D signaling, and optimizing your vitamin D may be one of the most beneficial steps you can take to lower all of the risks associated with COVID-19, from reducing your risk of testing positive to lowering your risk of severe infection and death.

To learn more about this, download my free vitamin D report from StopCovidCold.com. Together, melatonin and vitamin D synergistically act to optimize your mitochondrial function. In fact, your mitochondria are the final common target for both.38

A deficiency in either vitamin D or melatonin has been associated with the pathogenesis of several chronic diseases, including high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes, just to name a few.39

These conditions have also emerged as comorbidities that significantly raise your risk of death from COVID-19. Synthesis of both vitamin D and melatonin is also dramatically reduced with advancing age, and old age is a primary risk factor for COVID-19 death. So, while vitamin D3 and melatonin supplementation may be beneficial for most people, it’s particularly important for the elderly.

Support Your Body’s Production of Melatonin and Vitamin D

Keep in mind, however, that it makes little sense to take a supplement unless you’re also seeking to optimize your body’s natural production. In the case of melatonin, this includes making sure you get good sleep on a regular basis.

You also need a good dose of natural sunlight around midday to synchronize your circadian clock so that your body produces melatonin at the appropriate time (i.e., in late evening). As the evening wears on and the sun sets, you’ll want to avoid bright and all blue lighting, as blue light inhibits melatonin synthesis. Blue lighting is predominant in LED and fluorescent bulbs that are “cool white.”

Sun exposure, of course, is also the ideal way to optimize your vitamin D. I recommend getting sensible sun exposure on large portions of your body on a regular basis, ideally daily. For further guidance, see “The Risks and Benefits of Sun Exposure.”

If for whatever reason you cannot get sufficient amounts of sun exposure, consider taking a vitamin D3 supplement (along with a little extra vitamin K2 to maintain a healthy ratio between these two nutrients).

I personally have not taken any oral vitamin D for well over 10 years and my levels are typically over 60 ng/mL, even in the winter. I have, however, started taking sublingual melatonin a few years ago as I am now in my mid-60s, even though I sleep in pitch dark and get bright sun exposure during the day.
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Constance (23rd November 2020), Ewan (23rd November 2020), Gwin Ru (23rd November 2020), justntime2learn (23rd November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd November 2020), Sunny (24th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst 1 9 19 29 37 LastLast