+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: President Trump's 2020 State of the Union Address

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Default Re: President Trump's 2020 State of the Union Address

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Any of us who have had the great eye of the justice system glare down on us will understand the stress involved. It is the worst of feelings, being so helpless while the wheels of justice roll right on over.

I could not hold a job, write, converse, or think for months. Every thought was about the unfairness of the so-called 'justice' system. And how, since I was poor, could not even afford legal council. I had to go to court every other week for six months - 3 hour drive away from my home. It was devastating. And I was neither guilty nor even facing serious jail time for my alleged offense.

Now imagine Trump. Running a country. His friends and acquaintances being rounded up and interrogated. Some even ending up in jail. For years! For over four years!! Hog-tying his presidency!!!

I am genuinely impressed with his performance especially under such conditions. It is a wonder he even gets out of bed... And he has managed to run the country better than most of his predecessors who had no such legal headaches.

Kudos to Trump.

And now imagine, having been vindicated, how long he has been patiently waiting for his chance to get even. Making notes, planning a strategy, doing research, digging in the dirt so to speak, for over four years.

Now its his turn...
    I believe the reason that he can do this is due to his narcissistic, possibly sociopathic personality type. He will never doubt for a moment his greatness. He will never consider that any action he has taken is wrong. Although he appears to have compassion and empathy for others you will note that it is only extended to those that are on his team, so to speak. They are needed for confirmation of his greatness so in a sense he cares about them as background props. Look at how he speaks of those that oppose what he wants to do.

Having that kind of personality type can allow for almost super human fortitude. Imagine never having to feel empathy or try to consider another position other than what you want. Imagine being dead sure everything you do is the right thing, the best thing, the smartest thing,no need to second guess. He's not wasting energy second guessing himself, or considering what others say about him.

I am not trying to be cruel here, I have simply observed his personality type and believe it answers a lot of questions about what he does. I also worry that in certain situations he could be very, very destructive. If a situation or person can somehow make him feel vulnerable it could be bad.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Mark (12th February 2020), onawah (12th February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th February 2020), Wind (12th February 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

My read - Trump was afraid to clean house when he took office. Trump had minimal connections to folks he could trust among the political class and the administrative state so he faced a dilemma. If he cleaned house, he would end up with a dysfunctional administration and that would be suicidal. So he bet on folks along the way always having a finger on the hair trigger of "removal" and this gave him more time to get his administration in order. He also understood that if he cleaned house at the beginning, the shock to the deep administrative state might backfire so he opted for the slow roll removal process.

Also, he knew he'd have far more strength to remove once the colluding corrupt were exposed (as they have been for the most part with more dominoes to fall).

His strength has never been stronger and with the failed impeachment (soft coup) fresh in the minds of everyone, he's now acting on his very right to make these changes, to make these removals and clean up his administration. It is likely a job never complete, but its getting cleaned up more and more each day.

Having said that, it appears to me that Trump needs allies and has made allies in areas I would not believe suggest he is some "true-blue" fearless "do-righter" like some perceived JFK to be. But he may be playing it smart whereby these areas of concern I have today are addressed once he secures that second term (something that should never be taken for granted until he actually wins).
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

edina (12th February 2020), onawah (13th February 2020), Pam (13th February 2020), Sadieblue (12th February 2020), T Smith (20th February 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

So, I'll take back the controversial part about Trump being any different than his enemies. I have no love for the man. He doesn't fool me. I wouldn't trust him half as far as I could throw him. I don't mean to fan the flames of Trump mania.

This thread is about Trump's State of the Union Address and its repercussions. His attack is next. That's all I was saying.

Of course they all work for the same side. That is patently obvious.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Mark (12th February 2020), onawah (12th February 2020), Pam (13th February 2020), Wind (12th February 2020)

7. Link to Post #44
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)
    🙄
    When you make the mistake of unlocking a blocked comment....

Matt
    Hey Matt! Were you blocking me? I hope not. I'd hate to be responsible for triggering anyone around here. Personally, I have never "blocked" anyone. And never will. I try to move on from things I disagree with, and focus on those that matter.
    As far as Frank Costanza goes, it looks like we share a common admiration for his character, a guy who was written to mock the whole self help movement, and psychiatry in general. He's fascinating. And his character is way more pertinent to today's strife than his writer creators could have ever imagined. He has spawned millions of imitators drawn to his identification. As I outline below, I think he may have created a monster.

First, some background:

Grievances

The airing of grievances was famously proclaimed by Frank Costanza to mark the beginning of his self-created pre-Christmas celebration. This event was the apotheosis of Frank’s life long claim to the status of victimhood. Begun in the family when George was a toddler, it is introduced to the Seinfeld world in this episode, when George is an adult.

Here’s a clip that depicts the origin of festivus (see @ 32 secs mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l8Eag9CAFk

Casting oneself in the role of aggrieved victim has since been adopted by whiners worldwide, none more flagrantly or effectively than D.J. Trump. He has become the patron saint of whiners.
    This was noted early on in his campaign. Braying that he is the victim works for him, as he is fond of explaining. It’s how he gets what he wants. As he notes here in this 2015 interview with Chris Cuomo …

“I am a whiner. And I keep whining and whining until I win.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xms8iV8ae-c

Soon, commentators couldn’t help identifying Trump with the angry, beleaguered Costanza. This, from 2016 ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...of-grievances/

The record is replete with many examples. Here are just a few:

The Daily Beast carried this in 2017 …

“Presidential hopeful Donald Trump admitted he was an inveterate whiner during an interview on CNN Tuesday. “I am the most fabulous whiner. I do whine because I want to win. And I’m not happy if I’m not winning,” he said. “I’m a whiner and I keep whining and whining until I win.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats...d-party-threat

On MSNBC, July 6, 2018

Trump’s Latest Airing Of Grievances Includes New Jabs, More Praise For Putin | Deadline | MSNBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAKmEEaXpIU

As his central motivating force, Trump has been consistent with his whining victim role.

This from Newsweek on November 22nd, 2018 …

President Donald Trump made a Thanksgiving Day phone call to members of the United States military Thursday but wound up trying to score political points and vent his personal frustrations.
    As is presidential tradition, Trump took time out of his Thanksgiving celebrations to speak with troops stationed around the world. Yet many of his comments would have been more fitting for a Festivus airing of grievances, in the manner of the holiday invented by the sitcom Seinfeld and since popularized by many, including Republican Senator Rand Paul.

Donald Trump Calls Troops on Thanksgiving but Ends Up Having a Festivus Airing of Grievances

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...vances-1228361

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAKmEEaXpIU

He was in fine whining form in this letter he had sent to 2019 letter to Nancy Pelosi …

• "This impeachment represents an unprecedented and unconstitutional abuse of power by Democrat Lawmakers, unequaled in nearly two and a half centuries of American legislative history," the letter said. "You have cheapened the importance of the very ugly word, impeachment!"

• "More due process was afforded to those accused in the Salem Witch Trials," the president added, referring to the five women who were executed after being accused of witchcraft.

• Virtually all of Trump's claims in the letter were inaccurate or misleading. Scroll down to read what Trump wrote and how it stacks up with reality.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...chment-2019-12

As one with an aversion to dogs, he was particularly aggrieved when his security comfort spotlight was briefly overtaken by Conan the military dog, as reported by The Independent in January of this year.

"Donald Trump complained that the military dog honoured for its role in the operation that killed Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi “got more credit” than he did, newly surfaced recordings reveal.
    He said the “press wanted to give the dog much more credit than they gave me” for the killing.
    “It’s true. The dog got more credit than I did,” he said. “The dog Conan became very famous.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9301206.html

Personally, I think that playing the aggrieved victim is a really sad way to live. Sick, really. In order to go at least some way to achieving one’s potential as a human being, it is far better to let go of the negative. Constantly revisiting what are believed to be personal attacks, immersing oneself in the swamp of simmering anger and plotting revenge is a sure way to a mental breakdown.

I prefer the stance of the writer of this piece in the Daily Stoic. At least it’s a way forward, out and away from a past you cannot change:

“C’mon. This is no recipe for happiness. No way to treat this fleeting existence of ours, nor these few days we have away from work and normal life. Remember Marcus Aurelius‘s line:
    “Another has done me wrong? Let him see to it. He has his own tendencies, and his own affairs. What I have now is what the common nature has willed, and what I endeavor to accomplish now is what my nature wills.”
    Practice kindness instead. Forgiveness. Forgetfulness even. Most of the frustration that family causes comes from their own pain, and very little of it is intentional. The same goes for friends. And for the world at large. There’s no need to borrow trouble or carry it around with you. Just let it go. No need for confrontation or some cathartic feats of strength at the end of the evening—to show who is boss.
    Just enjoy the moment. And start the New Year with a clean slate.”

https://dailystoic.com/the-airing-of-grievances/

So let's let go of our grievances. All things shall pass.

Namaste Matt, and everybody else!

Brian
    Last edited by Fellow Aspirant; 13th February 2020 at 00:47.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

onawah (13th February 2020), Pam (13th February 2020)

9. Link to Post #45
    Germany Avalon Member TommyPicklock's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Hi there,

since your last (US) election, I am carefully watching US politics, since I hold the opinion that POTUS can change the fate of the whole world. But it's far from being easy or simple. The swamp or the rabbit hole is too deep for an easy going job. Interested people can find some background to the current situation here:
    https://ia800905.us.archive.org/31/i...e_Programs.pdf
    Last edited by Gracy; 13th February 2020 at 13:00. Reason: Fixed Link

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TommyPicklock For This Post:

edina (13th February 2020), Pam (13th February 2020), T Smith (20th February 2020)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 times in 2,420 posts

Quote Posted by TommyPicklock (here)
    Hi there,

since your last (US) election, I am carefully watching US politics, since I hold the opinion that POTUS can change the fate of the whole world. But it's far from being easy or simple. The swamp or the rabbit hole is too deep for an easy going job. Interested people can find some background to the current situation here:
    https://ia800905.us.archive.org/31/i...e_Programs.pdf
    Thank you TommyPicklock!

Downloaded and eager to read.

(It's written by Micheal Salla, still, I am keenly interested in Antarctica because of a few personal experiences I had related to it. There is much more there than what I think people realize.)
    Last edited by edina; 13th February 2020 at 14:37.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to edina For This Post:

T Smith (20th February 2020)

13. Link to Post #47
    Germany Avalon Member TommyPicklock's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks

What's going on?

Tommy
    Last edited by Gracy; 14th February 2020 at 00:13. Reason: Fixed your YouTube link

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3