+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advice For Abscess

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Default Advice For Abscess

Couple weeks ago I noticed what I thought at the time was a boil of some sort sitting kitty corner between the roof of my mouth and my gums. I could feel it with my tongue but I couldn't quite see it. It's in the back left of my top row of teeth, on the inside.

After several days, I was moved to google the word "abscess". I only knew vaguely what an abscess was - I've never had one - but felt intuitively that's what I was dealing with.

After reading a little about it, I think it's likely what I've got here.

I don't feel any pain or discomfort at all. But the tooth that it's butted up against has given me issues for a while now. It's the only area where my gums still bleed when I floss, so there may be some gingivitus there. Perhaps an infection has set in finally, resulting in the abscess. Also, my throat was sore during the period I discovered it, which also tends to happen with abscesses, as I understand.

For the last week I've been gurgling and rinsing with salt water and peroxide relentlessly. I've also been swishing with colloidal silver and taking it internally. Mixed in some oregano as well (but maybe not as much as I should). It sorted out my sore throat very quickly, but the damn abscess still remains.

I'd like to avoid the dentist if possible, as foolish as that may be. I'm curious if any of you have been able to get rid of abscesses on your own, and if you have I'd like to know how you did it. Thanks ahead of time.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Anka (9th February 2020), Bill Ryan (9th February 2020), ExomatrixTV (9th February 2020), Gracy (10th February 2020), Hym (10th February 2020), Islander12 (9th February 2020), Ivanhoe (9th February 2020), Pam (9th February 2020), RunningDeer (9th February 2020), Sadieblue (9th February 2020), Stephanie (10th February 2020), Sunny-side-up (9th February 2020), WhiteFeather (10th February 2020), wondering (9th February 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member lightwalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 times in 155 posts

Default Re: Advice For Abscess

Hi,
    Hope this helps. This site is all natural cures/remedies.
    Lightwalker

https://archive.earthclinic.com/cure...h_abscess.html

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lightwalker For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th February 2020), Hym (10th February 2020), Islander12 (9th February 2020), Ivanhoe (9th February 2020), Mike (8th February 2020), Pam (9th February 2020), RunningDeer (9th February 2020), Sadieblue (9th February 2020), Stephanie (10th February 2020), wondering (9th February 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

IMO this should be seen ASAP by a dentist as it is possible you have a tooth that has abscessed and from my understanding, it can be dangerous in that an infection of this type can migrate and become much more serious.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th February 2020), Hym (10th February 2020), Islander12 (9th February 2020), Ivanhoe (9th February 2020), Mike (8th February 2020), Pam (9th February 2020), RunningDeer (9th February 2020), Sadieblue (9th February 2020), Stephanie (10th February 2020), wondering (9th February 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,253 times in 914 posts

Mike, An infection in a tooth can lead to bone loss over time and infection can travel to other areas, such as the heart. I agree with Sammy that you should get it checked out with a dentist...it's not worth the risk. And right on the brink of that lifetime achievement award, too....you want to be in tip top shape for that. Diane

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th February 2020), Chester (9th February 2020), Hym (10th February 2020), Ivanhoe (9th February 2020), Mike (9th February 2020), Pam (9th February 2020), RunningDeer (9th February 2020), Sadieblue (9th February 2020), Stephanie (10th February 2020), Valerie Villars (11th February 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wondering (here)
    Mike, An infection in a tooth can lead to bone loss over time and infection can travel to other areas, such as the heart. I agree with Sammy that you should get it checked out with a dentist...it's not worth the risk. And right on the brink of that lifetime achievement award, too....you want to be in tip top shape for that. Diane

thanks Diane you're right. after talking with my Dad and reading these reponses i've decided to see a dentist after all.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

*mods feel free to close this thread*

thx

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th February 2020), Chester (9th February 2020), earthdreamer (18th February 2020), Hym (10th February 2020), Islander12 (9th February 2020), Ivanhoe (9th February 2020), Pam (9th February 2020), RunningDeer (9th February 2020), Sadieblue (9th February 2020), Stephanie (10th February 2020), Valerie Villars (11th February 2020), wondering (10th February 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 times in 1,716 posts

I treated all kind of infections with a LOT of vit. C and peroxide.Vit. C has the "miraculous" property of "burning" everything inside and outside the body .Also rinse your mouth with potassium permanganate.

EDIT...

You can also try this Resonant Frequencies ..... Rife's & Others using this or this.
    Last edited by EFO; 9th February 2020 at 12:28. Reason: adding info
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th February 2020), Chester (9th February 2020), Hym (10th February 2020), Pam (9th February 2020), RunningDeer (9th February 2020), seko (10th February 2020), Stephanie (10th February 2020), wondering (10th February 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 times in 786 posts

I have had 2 surgeries in the last month to remove abscesses and have had several tooth abscesses.

Firstly, a tooth infection can go right from your gums and into the brain. It is a BEYOND serious situation and likely the ONLY time I will consider an antibiotic.

My tooth abscess is cyclical, usually presents around October. I have found that heavy amounts of garlic and garlic extract to be effective and I will very often place a slice of garlic at the tooth I believe it presenting whatever infection is present. I have also used colloidal silver, iodine, peroxide, greafruit seed extract, oil of oregano and other rinses.

What I found to be most useful was electromedicine, seemed to be fastest of all options as it can really get to the root cause of the infection or presentation of an infection. IIRC One is called the monster and it really is just a fat battery with 2 electrodes, it does not hurt. Garlic can hurt as it explodes any bacteria...but that is only for a few minutes.

For my last 2 "series" of absecess......I have engaged with hirudotherapylogy ........yes it is leech therapy and they do slap 2-3 leeches around the abscess. This allows the infection to drain...and prevents it from closing too soon, for some that is all you may need. Sorry but they literally incinerate them afterwards.

I believe that I develop these abscesses as I had a tooth removed as a teen for braces, so there is a pocket that collects bacteria. For me using tumeric, avoiding grains and sugars and flossing and dental oil pulling seems to keep everything in my mouth happy....most of the time.

This can be serious so please do consider a dentist....although antibiotics have a VERY difficult time getting to teeth and gums. Some suggest to Take double the prescription dose for your 2 first doses.

I can empathize the worst pain I've had was a toothache. Some herbs can help numb things, at least for a little while.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

https://www.theleechclinic.com/what-is-leech-therapy/

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th February 2020), Chester (9th February 2020), EFO (9th February 2020), Hym (10th February 2020), Mike (9th February 2020), RunningDeer (9th February 2020), Stephanie (10th February 2020), WhiteFeather (10th February 2020), wondering (10th February 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Mike, please, let us know how you're doing.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

EFO (10th February 2020), Hym (10th February 2020), Mike (10th February 2020), RunningDeer (10th February 2020), Stephanie (10th February 2020), WhiteFeather (10th February 2020), wondering (10th February 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sammy (here)
    Mike, please, let us know how you're doing.

thanks for the concern Sammy

i'll be perfectly honest: my greatest fear is in being knocked out with anesthesia. my heart is all messed up. i really and truly don't think i'd wake up from that.

and that's the #1 reason i've been avoiding the dentist, because i was worried they'd be required to do that. but after looking into all this, even the worst case scenario (root canal) can be done with a local anesthetic, so i'm hugely relieved by that.

a trusted friend suggested a good dentist. gonna make my appointment tomorrow and get all this sorted out

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Chester (10th February 2020), EFO (10th February 2020), Hym (10th February 2020), RunningDeer (10th February 2020), Stephanie (10th February 2020), WhiteFeather (10th February 2020), wondering (10th February 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 913 posts

Mike, Be Well!!! I hope as our award winning author and purveyor of insightful, comedic brilliance here you continue on and take great care of yourself.

Vitamin C in large doses, those that the tummy can take, has always been a boon to my health. 30-40? years of powdered, organic turmeric have made a difference, as I daily feel the healing. Eating enough greens in salads with seeds, homemade dressing, etc. and a whole lot of good cooked dinners, eaten early, eaten slowly, have made my health a steady friend, and a reminder of the need to eat when I go all monk, as is my nature.

Please do watch some very funny movies asap!

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

EFO (10th February 2020), Mike (10th February 2020), RunningDeer (10th February 2020), Stephanie (10th February 2020), Victoria (17th February 2020), WhiteFeather (10th February 2020), wondering (10th February 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,253 times in 914 posts

Mike, I've had root canals, many, and a bout with an abscess and even tooth extraction and it has all been with local anesthesia. I think it will go better than you anticipate! Diane

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Chester (10th February 2020), EFO (10th February 2020), Hym (10th February 2020), Mike (10th February 2020), RunningDeer (10th February 2020), Stephanie (10th February 2020), WhiteFeather (10th February 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

I remember when I was on a trip to Florida I had an utmost incredible toothache after getting a tooth extracted prior to the trip. Needless to say after I used Anbesol, and and a home remedy of garlic oil and turmeric (which a actually helped for awhile), rinsing my mouth out with hydrogen peroxide did the trick. A woman in a hotel concession stand advised me of this. I couldn't of thanked her enough.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

EFO (10th February 2020), Mike (10th February 2020), Stephanie (10th February 2020), wondering (12th February 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Quote Posted by CurEus (here)
    I have had 2 surgeries in the last month to remove abscesses and have had several tooth abscesses.

Firstly, a tooth infection can go right from your gums and into the brain. It is a BEYOND serious situation and likely the ONLY time I will consider an antibiotic.

My tooth abscess is cyclical, usually presents around October. I have found that heavy amounts of garlic and garlic extract to be effective and I will very often place a slice of garlic at the tooth I believe it presenting whatever infection is present. I have also used colloidal silver, iodine, peroxide, greafruit seed extract, oil of oregano and other rinses.

What I found to be most useful was electromedicine, seemed to be fastest of all options as it can really get to the root cause of the infection or presentation of an infection. IIRC One is called the monster and it really is just a fat battery with 2 electrodes, it does not hurt. Garlic can hurt as it explodes any bacteria...but that is only for a few minutes.

For my last 2 "series" of absecess......I have engaged with hirudotherapylogy ........yes it is leech therapy and they do slap 2-3 leeches around the abscess. This allows the infection to drain...and prevents it from closing too soon, for some that is all you may need. Sorry but they literally incinerate them afterwards.

I believe that I develop these abscesses as I had a tooth removed as a teen for braces, so there is a pocket that collects bacteria. For me using tumeric, avoiding grains and sugars and flossing and dental oil pulling seems to keep everything in my mouth happy....most of the time.

This can be serious so please do consider a dentist....although antibiotics have a VERY difficult time getting to teeth and gums. Some suggest to Take double the prescription dose for your 2 first doses.

I can empathize the worst pain I've had was a toothache. Some herbs can help numb things, at least for a little while.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

https://www.theleechclinic.com/what-is-leech-therapy/
    Can you elaborate more info on the IIRC monster battery thingy please.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

EFO (10th February 2020), Mike (10th February 2020), Stephanie (10th February 2020), wondering (12th February 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 times in 786 posts

It is part of the Bob Beck protocol,,,,although the monster device seems to have disappeared. Google Blood electrification. Sota silver pulser is one unit that also makes colloidal siler ( but you'd need the pads near the tooth)

I would encourage you to look at the book Root Canal Coverup.....there are several you tube and other interviews

In essence most extractions will leave a pocket of active bacteria DEEP within the micro veins that surrounded the tooth, so a "cavitation" is necessary to remove it all. Theses infections do not dissipate and are monstrously worse with a root canal or crown. They are very wicked, affect the heart among other areas. Special oral surgeon or dentist is needed. I think Dr. Hal Higgins is at the forefront of this research.

I just had surgery to remove a leg abscess.....my Surgeon actually knew what he was doing...a simple lancing is 2 minutes, he took 40 to get the "sheath" abscesses create out of my leg .....OMG it was him and 2 nurses and he finally called for pliers! They practically pulled me off the bed and then he decided......I'm going to cauterize this and proceeded to use something like a medical blow torch!

now I have a big hole in my leg a nurses change my packing twice a day with betadine. Dr. Said abscesses are some of the hardest things to permanently resolve because the sheath/bubble is immune to antibiotic penetration........now that is for my leg, it is not exactly the same for teeth.

Fun fact it was just some ingrown hairs...

Usually to prevent this and tooth abscesses tumeric with ground pepper seems to work, but as I said my tooth issues seem to be seasonal....not sure why.

Leech therapy was about $140.....VERY messy but works for me! They essentially allow everything to drain and can draw out the infection FROM the tooth with their special saliva compounds

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

EFO (11th February 2020), Mike (10th February 2020), Victoria (17th February 2020), WhiteFeather (11th February 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,911 times in 2,594 posts

Quote Posted by CurEus (here)
    It is part of the Bob Beck protocol,,,,although the monster device seems to have disappeared. Google Blood electrification. Sota silver pulser is one unit that also makes colloidal siler ( but you'd need the pads near the tooth)

I would encourage you to look at the book Root Canal Coverup.....there are several you tube and other interviews

In essence most extractions will leave a pocket of active bacteria DEEP within the micro veins that surrounded the tooth, so a "cavitation" is necessary to remove it all. Theses infections do not dissipate and are monstrously worse with a root canal or crown. They are very wicked, affect the heart among other areas. Special oral surgeon or dentist is needed. I think Dr. Hal Higgins is at the forefront of this research.

I just had surgery to remove a leg abscess.....my Surgeon actually knew what he was doing...a simple lancing is 2 minutes, he took 40 to get the "sheath" abscesses create out of my leg .....OMG it was him and 2 nurses and he finally called for pliers! They practically pulled me off the bed and then he decided......I'm going to cauterize this and proceeded to use something like a medical blow torch!

now I have a big hole in my leg a nurses change my packing twice a day with betadine. Dr. Said abscesses are some of the hardest things to permanently resolve because the sheath/bubble is immune to antibiotic penetration........now that is for my leg, it is not exactly the same for teeth.

Fun fact it was just some ingrown hairs...

Usually to prevent this and tooth abscesses tumeric with ground pepper seems to work, but as I said my tooth issues seem to be seasonal....not sure why.

Leech therapy was about $140.....VERY messy but works for me! They essentially allow everything to drain and can draw out the infection FROM the tooth with their special saliva compounds
    My husband had a similar non-healing abscess on his leg. It was after a cyst was removed from his knee. After a second surgery, he had a wound-vac placed on it for a month. We had never heard of this, but it was explained to us as a "mechanical leech". They treated the wound with betadine iodine and a silver dressing. Amazing how the they update and revise the old-time tried and true remedies, rename them with some medical fancy name, and then charge an arm and a leg for them.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

EFO (11th February 2020), Mike (12th February 2020), Valerie Villars (11th February 2020)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

I recently went through something that may be similar, that I figured had to be some sort of abscess.

Mine ended up to be a cavity on the underside of the tooth!

After decades of brushing my teeth and gums too vigorously, and subsequently having my gums recede from too much abrasion, the gum was low enough at my molar to expose part of the molar's roots, and allowed food particles to get down under the tooth. Flossing, gargling with salt water and or dilute hydrogen peroxide, nor a "waterpick" were effective at removing the trapped food particles, and the tooth had formed a cavity on the underside between the roots. The 2 dentists I went to had never heard of a promising new technique using electricity and a mineral paste to quickly fill-in a cavity, and I offered myself as a human experiment for them to try it, to save the tooth. (A molar to a vegetarian is a pretty useful thing.) I also offered to allow an experiment where they drilled down through good tooth to get to the cavity, and fill it. They declined. I now have one less tooth, but the pain is gone.

Get that tooth fixed, Mikey, so you won't be so damn cranky!

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

EFO (11th February 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (12th February 2020), Mike (12th February 2020), Strat (11th February 2020)

33. Link to Post #17
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,886 times in 612 posts

I use Frankincense on my gums, just put a little on your finger and rub it in. Helps to fight the bacteria that causes gingivitis. It also helps abrasions heal quickly.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (12th February 2020), Mike (12th February 2020), Sue (Ayt) (12th February 2020), Victoria (17th February 2020)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I recently went through something that may be similar, that I figured had to be some sort of abscess.

Mine ended up to be a cavity on the underside of the tooth!

After decades of brushing my teeth and gums too vigorously, and subsequently having my gums recede from too much abrasion, the gum was low enough at my molar to expose part of the molar's roots, and allowed food particles to get down under the tooth. Flossing, gargling with salt water and or dilute hydrogen peroxide, nor a "waterpick" were effective at removing the trapped food particles, and the tooth had formed a cavity on the underside between the roots. The 2 dentists I went to had never heard of a promising new technique using electricity and a mineral paste to quickly fill-in a cavity, and I offered myself as a human experiment for them to try it, to save the tooth. (A molar to a vegetarian is a pretty useful thing.) I also offered to allow an experiment where they drilled down through good tooth to get to the cavity, and fill it. They declined. I now have one less tooth, but the pain is gone.

Get that tooth fixed, Mikey, so you won't be so damn cranky!

have i been crankier than usual? how much is Bill paying you to say that?

that's a shame they wouldn't attempt to salvage the tooth with your suggestions. drats.

i went to the oral surgeon yesterday. at first he said i had an ulcer. then he said the gums were breaking down there. then he said it was an abscess. then he said....now i can't even remember.

the bottom line is this: the abscess or growth or pustule or whatever it is, is being caused by the tooth it's butted up against, and it has to be pulled.

i hate the idea of pulling a tooth, but i'm kinda at peace with it. like Dennis i've exhausted all my options. i've thrown everything at that tooth and it's stubbornly resisted all of my efforts. it never caused me pain or discomfort, but it always bleeds when i floss. so there must be some gingivitus in there and an infection causing the growth. plus, it's broken off at the back end, which i had no idea about till yesterday.

setting all my machoness aside, i was scared sh!tless going in for that appointment. and the reason, as ive stated in this thread, is that i have a huge fear of general anesthesia(due to wonky heart), and i was worried that i might have a situation that required it. but, thankfully, it's a relatively simple extraction requiring only a local anesthetic.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Chester (12th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th February 2020), Sue (Ayt) (12th February 2020)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Geophyz (here)
    I use Frankincense on my gums, just put a little on your finger and rub it in. Helps to fight the bacteria that causes gingivitis. It also helps abrasions heal quickly.

thank you for that!

i was just talking about the wonders of frankincense with a close friend of mine, but as an aromatherapy modality. it's expensive as all hell, but it really does work wonders. amazing oil.

so it doesn't surprise me that it helps gums too

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (12th February 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (12th February 2020)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Good to hear that you have a plan, but sad that it has to be an extracted tooth.

I'll offer the advice to religiously adhere to the post-op protocol to prevent "dry socket." No spitting, no sucking (no straws), and no bonging. Be extremely gentle in that area for a minimum of 10 days, and keep reminding your tongue to stop trying to explore the wound. It sounds gross, but your body forms a clot over the extraction hole/socket, and it is your job in the week to 10 days after the extraction NOT to dislodge that clot.

I had dry socket, (from yet a different extraction), and it was far worse than any toothache - and that's saying something.

No, you're not really cranky - I'm just teasing.

As for prepared frankincense, yeah, expensive. Maybe look into buying a small parcel of the resin chunks - it's relatively cheap on ebay - and go on youtube and search for "making frankincense tincture" (and/or essential oil.) You'll be able to make a lifetime supply for a little more than what you'd pay for a single bottle of name brand tincture.
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 12th February 2020 at 18:24. Reason: formatting

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Mike (12th February 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast