Thread: Advice For Abscess

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Default Re: Advice For Abscess

Another suggestion based on my experience. 30 years ago I started experiencing bleeding gums. I called "the best medical system" in the Dallas area and was recommended a dentist. The dentist was rather young. He told me my situation was not good and that without an extensive, multi-appointment treatment that would cost me thousands, it would only get worse and would lead to all sorts of even worse problems.

Somehow I happened to speak with a friend who told me that I needed to try a toothpaste that had baking soda as a key ingredient. I did. Within just a few days, the problem disappeared. Here I am, 30 years later, still brushing with the same toothpaste. Rarely (maybe once or twice a year) do I ever see blood, and always when I do, I realize I only brushed once (in the AM) the day before. Thus I am pretty good at minimally twice and more often three times a day. Try that, Mike, once you are able to brush your full mouth again. It can't hurt to try.

This has no fluoride and loaded with baking soda (but isn't cheap) - https://www.amazon.com/Eco-Dent-Whit...=fsclp_pl_dp_7

This is what I use and am careful not to swallow as it has fluoride -
    https://www.amazon.com/Arm-Hammer-Ad...fsclp_pl_dp_1#
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (12th February 2020), Inaiá (22nd February 2020), Mike (12th February 2020), Sadieblue (12th February 2020), wondering (17th February 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Sam I use the same arm and hammer toothpaste as you. It's good stuff, I agree!

My gums seem pretty healthy now. They only bleed in that one spot where the troublesome tooth is...when I floss.

Dennis, I don't know if I read this somewhere or if someone suggested it to me, but the gist of the advice was to use your off hand when you brush. For me that's my left. If your off hand is half as awkward as mine, you'll brush much gentler than you do with your good one. Vigorous brushing and receding gums has been an issue with me too.

And thanks for the tips on dry socket. My Dad gave me the exact same warning yesterday, so I'm fully aware of all that now.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Chester (12th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2020), wondering (17th February 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Victoria's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 times in 278 posts

Hi Mike!

I'm glad you found a doctor who can help and sending all my wishes that your procedure goes well and you'll be feeling better in no time.

I had found this years ago about Spirochetes and wanted to post it previously, but wasn't sure where I stashed the links until just now.

Every time the subject of cavities, or dental and oral health comes up, I remember a book called,The Stealth Killer: Is Oral Spirochetosis the Missing Link in the Dental and Heart Disease Labyrinth?, by Dr. Nordquist and this video (as well as the notion that spirochetes are zoonotic and can be transmitted between dogs, cats and humans...if you're one of those humans who like to let your pets smooch you, beware!)

"Bacteroides and spirochetes colonize the mouth around puberty.

The levels of oral spirochetes are elevated in patients with periodontal diseases. Among this group, Treponema denticola is the most studied and is considered one of the main etiological bacteria of periodontitis. Treponema denticola is a motile and highly proteolytic bacterium."-https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-microbiology/chapter/bacterial-diseases-of-the-mouth/

"Oral spirochetes have been found in the brains of Alzheimer's patients. We believe that oral spirochetes are the primary injurious agent in two other chronic diseases that plague man, heart disease and diabetes. These things breed by the trillions in the gingival sulcus and invade into the body by millions moving via the de-epitheliazed gingival sulcus into the blood stream then into cells found along the blood stream."

What are spirochetes?

Spirochete (order Spirochaetales), also spelled spirochaete, any of a group of spiral-shaped bacteria, some of which are serious pathogens for humans, causing diseases such as syphilis, yaws, Lyme disease, and relapsing fever. Examples of genera of spirochetes include Spirochaeta, Treponema, Borrelia, and Leptospira. Scanning electron micrograph of the spirochete Treponema pallidum attached to testicular …Spirochetes are gram-negative, motile, spiral bacteria, from 3 to 500 m (1 m = 0.001 mm) long. Spirochetes are unique in that they have endocellular flagella (axial fibrils, or axial filaments), which number between 2 and more than 100 per organism, depending upon the species. Each axial fibril attaches at an opposite end and winds around the cell body, which is enclosed by an envelope. Spirochetes are characteristically found in a liquid environment (e.g., mud and water, blood and lymph).Treponema includes the agents of syphilis (T. pallidum pallidum) and yaws (T. pallidum pertenue). Borrelia includes several species transmitted by lice and ticks and causing relapsing fever (B. recurrentis and others) and Lyme disease (B. burgdorferi) in humans. Spirochaeta are free-living nonpathogenic inhabitants of mud and water, typically thriving in anaerobic (oxygen-deprived) environments. Leptospirosis, caused by Leptospira, is principally a disease of domestic and wild mammals and is a secondary infection of humans.

More clinical information on various spirochetes here: http://www.clinicaladvisor.com/hospi...rticle/604973/

Oil pulling with coconut oil and 1/8 teaspoon of magnesium chloride in addition to brushing with salt and baking soda is purportedly a reasonable home remedy for health of teeth, but if spirochetes and bacterial infection have been found in the gums or oral cavity, treatment by laser is the most effective. ( there was a video that went with this showing the effects of magnesium and iodine on spirochetes, but I can no longer find it...)

Other protocol mentioned for treating oral spirochetes involve utilizing bactericidal agents such as colloidal silver, iodine, dilute bleach mouth-rinse, herbs, essential oils and daily irrigation of the gum pockets.
    Last edited by Victoria; 17th February 2020 at 21:27. Reason: some of the sources are missing as I saved bits and pieces from years ago

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Victoria For This Post:

Anka (18th February 2020), EFO (18th February 2020), Mike (17th February 2020), wondering (17th February 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2