+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overseas Secret and Non-secret U.S. Military Bases

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Default Overseas Secret and Non-secret U.S. Military Bases

I made what I thought was a mistake when I referred to 'thousands' of American bases around the globe, the other day. I figured I better check that out, as I may have gotten it wrong.

According to this video, over a thousand bases is a distinct possibility/probability.

This video also describes the amazing size of the larger known bases, like Rammstein in Germany. It is basically a military city with 4 small university satellite campuses,etc... All of this while the civilian flyover American states wither and die.

It illustrates to me, even more than before, just how militarized the American economy has become and why Russia, particularly feels hemmed in and on the defensive with the U.S.

Trump just increased military spending. It was already 60% of the entire U.S. budget. How does that signify a desire for peace? The kind of disproportionate military occupation of most of the globe, cannot be realistically interpreted as defensive. Recent history proves that these bases are used for purely aggressive action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0qt0hdCQtg

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (15th February 2020), boja (15th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (15th February 2020), Frank V (15th February 2020), Kotch (15th February 2020), Sadieblue (15th February 2020), Satori (19th February 2020), shaberon (15th February 2020), Stephanie (16th February 2020), Tintin (15th February 2020), toppy (15th February 2020), Victoria (15th February 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Default Re: Overseas Secret and Non-secret U.S. Military Bases

Embedded the video for you.

4. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,045 times in 645 posts

Default Re: Overseas Secret and Non-secret U.S. Military Bases

I recall an interview with Putin with a british reporter attempting to make Putin and Russia look foolish asking why Putun was leading a very aggressive nation who wanted to simply rule the world.

Putin's reply.... "we are not the country with military bases all over the globe".

I think he had a point. Wot u reckon...?

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Frank V (15th February 2020), meeradas (16th February 2020), Satori (19th February 2020), shaberon (17th February 2020), Stephanie (16th February 2020), toppy (15th February 2020)

+ Reply to Thread