Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Repurposing, reusing, restoring, scraping and markets

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 times in 1,007 posts

Default Re: Repurposing, reusing, restoring, scraping and markets

You better keep the shape and find the utility.

"Upcycling, also known as creative reuse, is the process of transforming by-products, waste materials, useless, or unwanted products into new materials or products perceived to be of greater quality, such as artistic value or environmental value.
    Upcycling is the opposite of downcycling, which is the other face of the recycling process. Downcycling involves converting materials and products into new materials of lesser quality. Most recycling involves converting or extracting useful materials from a product and creating a different product or material."

4 Simple Upcycling Projects(2:36)

And all this to be just human.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd August 2020), EFO (23rd August 2020), Ernie Nemeth (29th August 2020), Forest Denizen (23rd August 2020), Harmony (23rd August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd August 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd November 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

Suggested by a dear friend and I anonymously quote it "The idea using recycled containers might be good for the PA recycled thread and encourage some backyard food growing" I will add this

How to build a wicking bed
    (22:46 min.)
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Anka (3rd September 2020), Bill Ryan (1st September 2020), Harmony (30th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (2nd September 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Pick your model:traditional or high couture

making sandals from used motorcycle tires
    (9:26 min.)

Make beautiful sandals with simple tools
    (8:46 min.)
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th September 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (23rd November 2020), Harmony (30th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th October 2020), Strat (6th October 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Interesting recycling for next year

Cutting Board made from Recycled HDPE Plastic
    (7:52 min.)

How To Recycle HDPE Bottle Lids Into Flawless Flat Sheet Material - Best Results
    (13:20 min.)

Some years ago I've made some silicone molds and a few days ago I found out that by adding mineral spirit to mixture,it can be poured.In addition,combing only silicone with a few drops of glycerin,the mixture will cure faster

Silicone: Thin with mineral spirits, sheet pour. Wheelchair assist threshold ramp.
    (15:15 min.)
    "A unique design wheelchair assist device for traversing a doorway threshold. DIY the entire project. Total cost, about 20 USD.

Volume of a cylinder=(3.14)r(squared)h, add+10% for waste
    Ratio of silicone to cornstarch=10:1, gives about a 1 hour cure.

White spirit (UK) or mineral spirits (US, Canada), also known as mineral turpentine (AU/NZ), turpentine substitute, and petroleum spirits, is a petroleum-derived clear liquid used as a common organic solvent in painting. There are also terms for specific kinds of mineral spirits, including Stoddard solvent and solvent naphtha (petroleum). Mineral spirits are often used as a paint thinner, or as a component thereof, though paint thinner is a broader category of solvent.

At GEO-sustainable, we formulate everything using sustainable materials to make bioplastics, solar panels and supercapacitors.
    Consider supporting our efforts to bring bioplastics to market at: https://www.patreon.com/geo_sustainable
    Contact us at: sales@geo-sustainable.com
    Visit us at: http://www.geo-sustainable.com"

DIY FOOD SAFE MOLD. Freezer Mold. Gelatine and Glycerin
    (16:07 min.)
    "DIY quick mold for casting. Takes only a few minutes to mix, sets in about 20 minutes at room temperature. Sets in the freezer in minutes.
    MIX:
    7 gr. Unflavored Gelatine
    40 gr. Glycerin
    stir until incorporated.
    Add:
    40 gr. water
    Mix until lumps are gone. Warm water works well here. Melt on LOW heat.
    Add Food Color if desired.
    Pour into your mold. Re-usable. Simply melt it on low, pour again, over and over.

At GEO-sustainable, we formulate everything using sustainable materials to make bioplastics, solar panels and supercapacitors.
    Consider supporting our efforts to bring bioplastics to market at: https://www.patreon.com/geo_sustainable
    Contact us at: sales@geo-sustainable.com
    Visit us at: http://www.geo-sustainable.com"

Markets
    Selling at the flea market - Trash To Cash
    (31:18 min.)

Extreme living: Yakutsk Open Air Market at -45°C
    (2:21 min.)
    "The Krestyansky open air market in Yakutsk city at -45°C. The fish and meat remain naturally frozen."

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Anka (6th October 2020), Bill Ryan (6th October 2020), Harmony (6th October 2020), Hym (23rd November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th October 2020), Strat (6th October 2020), Trisher (23rd November 2020), Wind (27th November 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Seed starter card( 0:08) is something great, as ideea...

"It's a week away from November and I'm already watching this"...just joy and re-purposing things in good energies..

10 Amazing Holiday DIYs and Hacks!! DIY Christmas Decoration Ideas( 10: 07)

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th November 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (23rd November 2020), EFO (23rd November 2020), Harmony (23rd November 2020), Hym (23rd November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (24th November 2020), Trisher (23rd November 2020), Wind (27th November 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

DIY Plastic - How to Recycle Styrofoam
    (2:57 min.)

Styrofoam Bricks DIY
    (4:02 min.)

How To Make Lacquer From Styrofoam
    (7:03 min.)

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Anka (24th November 2020), Bill Ryan (24th November 2020), Harmony (24th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (24th November 2020), Trisher (24th November 2020), Wind (27th November 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

They are good and simple ideas, which brought me comfort, I share them only because it is worth not spending money and and in projects it was used a little of nature and a little diy creation just for fun.

No Spend, Natural Winter Wonderland(12:31)

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th November 2020), EFO (27th November 2020), Trisher (27th November 2020), Wind (27th November 2020)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Old Soviet motorcycle full Restoration
    (34:58 min.)
    "Hello! I remember how as a child, my grandfather had a Ural with a cradle, the motorcycle seemed so huge and powerful, it rumbled throughout the village. Grandfather watched him and prepared for summer every winter. We went to the river, he fished, and I sat in the Urals and taxied, thinking that when I grow up I will definitely buy myself one.
    This is the Ural M63, 1969 year, it stood motionless for many years.
    The video "Restoring an Old Motorcycle" contains:
    Simple tool for loosening rusty joints
    Flushing the gas tank;
    Bluing;
    Galvanized;
    Copper plating;
    Removal of rust by electrolysis;
    And other.
    Thank you for your attention, enjoy your viewing!"

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Anka (25th December 2020), Bill Ryan (23rd December 2020), Satori (23rd December 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by EFO (here)
    Old Soviet motorcycle full Restoration
    (34:58 min.)
    "Hello! I remember how as a child, my grandfather had a Ural with a cradle, the motorcycle seemed so huge and powerful, it rumbled throughout the village. Grandfather watched him and prepared for summer every winter. We went to the river, he fished, and I sat in the Urals and taxied, thinking that when I grow up I will definitely buy myself one.
    This is the Ural M63, 1969 year, it stood motionless for many years.
    The video "Restoring an Old Motorcycle" contains:
    Simple tool for loosening rusty joints
    Flushing the gas tank;
    Bluing;
    Galvanized;
    Copper plating;
    Removal of rust by electrolysis;
    And other.
    Thank you for your attention, enjoy your viewing!"
    That was just fascinating. I was transfixed! Long ago, as a teenager, I restored an old Triumph motorcycle, but it was nothing like as old and rusty as this. I remember when my Mom freaked out when she came home one day and found the crankcase in the oven.

There were a number of times when I thought, "What's he doing NOW??!" And the whole project must have taken him weeks. A 30 minute video compresses it all into an illusion of seeming so very quick and easy.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (25th December 2020), EFO (23rd December 2020), kudzy (24th December 2020), raregem (23rd December 2020), Satori (23rd December 2020), TomKat (24th December 2020), Yoda (23rd December 2020)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

This year will be our first year when we grow Luffa/Loofah and today we received the seeds.It can be eaten when is very small replacing zucchini or when will be mature and ready for harvesting you can do the following things from it.

How To Turn Loofah Into Useful Stuff
    (3:18 min.)

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Anka (11th February 2021), Bill Ryan (11th February 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (11th February 2021), wondering (11th February 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2