+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Logos

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,211 times in 5,679 posts

Default The Logos

The logos is defined as such: in Greek philosophy and theology, the divine reason implicit in the cosmos, ordering it and giving it form and meaning.

It's the concept of God.

The definition suggests that there is a divine reason. That's important. It's saying quite clearly that the universe and everything and everyone in it are not random. It's saying quite clearly that it's all here for a specific purpose.

"...Ordering it and giving it form.."

This is also very important. Divinity is being ordered. It's also formed.. Well what does that mean?

It suggests to me that any meaningful spiritual journey has to be organized..and constructed around principles of reason and logic.

Order, form, reason, and purpose. They sound very practical but are the very foundations of God, if you will.

God is practical. Who woulda thunk it?

So what's the proper attitude towards God?

In many ways we are what we are relative to the people and things around us. But that has it's limitations. It's not a comprehensive approach. What's around us doesn't offer a supreme ideal to aspire to. It's too flawed and prone to moral and mental and spiritual corruption.

So when orienting ourselves, I would strongly suggest orienting relative to the Logos, or "God"....not the people and things around you. Orienting towards God, or orienting relative to God, is the best way to ensure you are living according to the divine principles of order, form, reason, logic, and meaning.

This is an example of absolutism. It implies that there is indeed a right way to live one's life, and that it's according to a divine ideal.

Moral relativism, on the other hand, asks us to compare ourselves not to God, but to the people and things around us. It dramatically lowers the standard. I submit that it is a symptom of the moral and intellectual and spiritual degradation we see unfolding in the world today, and all the silly and rather insane postmodern ideas about sex and gender and race.

In the absence of the absolute and it's implications, anything goes. That 'anything goes' attitude is the basis of the current trend behind "subjective realities." It's also behind the death of reason and logic, and the death of science. It is quite literally a war on common sense.

Orienting oneself towards the Logos ensures that order and reason and logic and meaning are prioritized, and chaos and disorder are not so much abolished..but kept in their proper balance. The very sanity of the world depends upon it
    Last edited by Mike; 29th February 2020 at 10:38.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th February 2020), Chip (2nd March 2020), Dennis Leahy (1st March 2020), Ernie Nemeth (1st March 2020), Forest Denizen (1st March 2020), Frank V (29th February 2020), Innocent Warrior (1st March 2020), Islander12 (1st March 2020), Jayke (29th February 2020), Pam (29th February 2020), Soda (29th February 2020), Sophocles (29th February 2020), Wind (29th February 2020), wondering (29th February 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,211 times in 5,679 posts

Default Re: The Logos

Well, since you're all clamoring for more...

I've always interpreted Nietzsche's "death of God" quote as being what I described above. It means we're no longer relatively oriented towards God, or a transcendent ideal, but instead oriented relative to worldly things and ideas. He predicted postmodernism over 100 years ago.

Corey Goode is a symptom of postmoderism

David Wilcock is a symptom of postmoderism.

So is the flat earth. So forth.

That's how it's gotten it's tentacles into our little community here.

Male characteristics are often thought of as cerebral - like logic and reason and common sense. Symbolically masculinity is represented as order. With the death of God, - the ultimate masculine symbol - logic and reason and order and common sense perish as well. Because, well, they're one and the same thing.

And with the death of God, and masculinity by extension, we are also seeing a bizarre feminization of male society. Progressive folks view this as a positive, but even they'll have to concede what a horrific idea it is when a few more years pass and their dating pool has been reduced to nothing but a bunch of soft ass pussies. And that'll actually be the least of our worries. The implications are endless.

The trick postmodernism plays in the alternative media is, it accuses sanely oriented people of being "too closed minded" when something woo woo is presented. Or "too rigid". Corey Goode tried to evoke the "left brain/right brain" argument at the ufo conference with Richard Dolan (and Dolan, to his credit, shot that sh!t down immediately).

Goode was deploying the postmodern trick of no such thing as objective reality. He continually stressed that it's the way we "perceive things" that's important

People do perceive things differently, but it's no sane reason for doing away with objective reality.

Another thing postmodernism offers up is the death of science. One thing science requires is falsifiability. Goode and Wilcock offer endless bullsh!t that cannot be falsified in any way. If that can't occur, we don't have science.

The death of God is the death of absolutism, and the introduction of moral relativism and postmodernism. It expresses itself today mainly in matters of race and trans stuff and gender issues. But nothing is too far away from it's clutches. It very nearly crushed our little community here. It will do exactly the same out there in the mainstream world too
    Last edited by Mike; 1st March 2020 at 04:09.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st March 2020), Chip (2nd March 2020), Dennis Leahy (1st March 2020), Ernie Nemeth (1st March 2020), Frank V (1st March 2020), Innocent Warrior (1st March 2020), Islander12 (1st March 2020), Sophocles (1st March 2020), Wind (1st March 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

Yes, I've had a go of it here in my little world. The idea that god is dead was a difficult one to grasp. I had to kill my little god to understand it. And that left me in a vortex, a vacuum, a limbo.

I could not create a context in which god is dead could have meaning to me. I was very lonely.

But slowly the idea fleshed out with the passing of time. I got used to being on my own, with prayers unanswered and left unsaid. But oddly, my powers did not wane. God died in my mind, the very epicenter of my belief in any sort of power, but my powers remained.

What could that mean?

It could only mean that my little god had died but that now a larger god was coming into view. A god fully of context with no concepts at all. This is the absolute lesson, the abject mission, the final test. The god of concepts is not a god at all, just a whimsical, inconsequential, farce of a notion that has no foundation.

God is not for man. God is not an alliance. God is not a gestalt. God is not in the business of salvation. God is God because god is dead. No one needs saving. The universe cannot exist without everything in it just exactly as it is - we could understand this if we could grapple with the solitary context instead of settling for the many conceptualizations of it.

We are required, as is. Not one of us can be left out. Not one of us needs to be other than we are.

That is the logos. The mind of God. An unfathomable, ineffable, quintessence of Totality.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 1st March 2020 at 19:58.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Frank V (1st March 2020), Mike (1st March 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

well, let's get ideas out of head ..

first, Logos is son of God (not God itself), so there are Horus, Mytra, Krishna, Jesus Christ (among others) as Solar Logos -- or sons of God (Osiris, Yahweh) -- which means the Alpha-Omega conection between Heaven-World. As to say, the son of God is the (main) way to God, the great creator on the heaven.

the Son == the Sun (philosophically and cosmologically - antropologic)
    we know Sun is not first star of cosmos, so its a Son of ... (star?, constelation?, God?)

don't forget that this is a thought-form used by religions (and secret societies) to indoctrinate people (beneath the veil of fables and symbols).

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    The death of God is the death of absolutism, and the introduction of moral relativism and postmodernism.
    death of Logos, not God, but obvious this causes a break in the hierarchy (of obedience).

Relativism may not exactly be a moral issue but an ethical paradigm, which must be even older than humanity. Moral relativism may be a distraction to corrupt what ethics considers Intrinsically Relative. (everything it's relative, as to say)

see next coment, please ..

Quote It expresses itself today mainly in matters of race and trans stuff and gender issues.
    this is subversion, degradation of moral values, implemented by ex-KGB to subvert an entire nation (region), inducing ones against others to Divide and Conquer.

Subversion targets receive (naive) asymmetric (disguised) attacks over some institutional layers of society, with aim of break barriers to weakening the whole people's resistance, so that an invasion to take whole control again is even desired and not repelled.

It works over Education, Culture, Religion, Laws, Congress and ARMY layers. If you look at Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro complete the subversion layers, So, will only leave the government if someone shoots him, But while the Army Protects him. (also Vladimir Putin) no one dare start a war against Maduro. Subversion Works. The Art of War is as old as it's effective sneaky strategy.

the (subversive) death of Logos (or God) is aimed by the conquerors to replace one absolutist leader by another new, So any cultural & religious resistance of society can be a threat to the new (logos) order.
    Last edited by RogeRio; 2nd March 2020 at 06:50.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Frank V (2nd March 2020), Innocent Warrior (2nd March 2020)

+ Reply to Thread