Closed Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 7 15 LastLast

Thread: The Reality of Immortality amongst you

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

Default Re: The Reality of Immortality amongst you

No government agency has power over the truth
    Last edited by Agape; 18th April 2020 at 17:09.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Delight (17th April 2020)

3. Link to Post #122
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Bill 🙏🌟🙏, with all respect to you and your IQ,
    I can’t believe what I’m seeing here.
    The topic is just fine and the person posting seem to just express themselves little differently.
    It does not trigger me even a little bit as long as it makes sense.
    But it doesn't make sense. Not in the tiniest little bit.

We have a new member here, whom we know very little about, who's now made quite a few take-it-from-me-this-is-the-truth proclamations, based on nothing but what he's been told by unnamed others.

Many members who've been here a year or two may remember we've been here before, and it always ends in tears.

Those things ShotAcrosstheBow was told include:
    • He is immortal.
    • Hell is real.
    So I'd immediately suggest that this is of almost zero subjective value to anyone reading, except either the most gullible, or the most vulnerable. (And we do have vulnerable members here.)

We have to differentiate this from some of the extraordinary material shared by members as detailed, remarkable personal experiences they've either witnessed in real time this lifetime, or to their best of honest belief, have recalled.

All experiences can be shared here, and many have. This thread is a wonderful, inspiring repository of many of them:
    At the other end of this value spectrum, it's fine for someone to insist that the Earth is flat. (As long as it's not here!) That's unintelligent, immediately disprovable, but harmless — except that it gives the alternative community a bad name, and probably deliberately so.

We never approve Flat Earthers' applications. (Members might thank us for that! )

But far from being harmless nonsense, someones stating as an authoritative proclamation that Hell is real is dangerous for some. We have teenagers as members here, as young as 14 and 15. That notion been used for centuries as a control mechanism to drive people into fear and obedience.

That's not going to happen here, if such a notion is based on a primitive medieval falsehood.

We can all have an intelligent, informed, historical, academic, sociological and spiritual discussion on whether "hell is real", and what thay concept might mean. That's interesting, and opens up many aspects of the human condition.

But to say (and this is a caricature, of course, to make the point): "Hell is definitely real, because I've been told (and take it from me, I'm an immortal, and I was told that, too)" quickly starts to disqualify someone from being a member of this community.

If he'd told us all this when he applied, we would certainly have declined his application. This is why we have applications. You should see some of what's written by some of the prospective members we decline. This is what separates Avalon from Facebook, Twitter, or a bunch of YouTube comments.

The very way ShotAcrosstheBow has been conducting himself suggests strongly that:
    • He's at the effect of a belief system of his own. And this having been impressed on him by others (with his consent and agreement), he's determined to then impress this on members and guests here. That kind of dogmatism isn't healthy, welcome, or okay.
    • He may very well be unstable or unwell, inasmuch as he does NOT seem to be able to see any of this for himself in any kind of intelligent, balanced way.
    What part of that is true?
    I’ve seen you many times dismiss those that tell the truth,
    Yet there are many non truths allowed on this forum,

I can understand why people would think this subject matter fiction, it sounds like fiction, I’m aware of that, and they count on that,
    Wouldn’t be a secret if it was known, or even suspected,
    I encourage scepticism, ask your questions, but don’t expect me to post everything a\in one post, it’s an extensive subject, with complex issues, if I dropped that on you, you would not understand it (you need to learn the alphabet before you can read, you don’t just drop a book on someone who can’t read and expect them to understand)

This environment is my norm. And was never meant for disclosure, so it’s not easy for me to frame this in a way that someone outside that environment would understand,
    I try to keep it simple to the point, if that’s not enough ask more questions or be more specific,

I don’t know everything, and I have done my best to discuss what I can (as I already stated at the start, I will not talk about certain things to defend certain things, but I would try to answer any question, if I missed it call me on it, if I can’t tell you I will say so, but I will not lie,)

Bill, I am shocked at your behaviour, I’m not a “yes man” and I thought you would respect people’s right to their opinion (without baseless judgements, or agendas)
    That’s the only reason I choose this site, I can understand people’s scepticism, (again the things people know today would get you burned as a witch centuries ago)
    But baseless attacks? Unfounded aspersions? Unfair comments and treatment? I’m sure if I had thrown such baseless comment at those that did me I would have been banned, correct?
    You claim to value truth and logic, be where is it now?

Where are your facts, not assumptions (if this was simply an assumption based on a lack of information, why would you fill that void with baseless negativity? If you see what you want to see, why would you choose the negative?, again if it had any degree of validity you could show me, but no logic, no reason, no proof, how is fair? You don’t jump on people who make outlandish statements, is this based on your arbitrary decision? Is this the world according to Bill or else?, that’s not a honest pursuit of truth or knowledge, but a cult,

I am not mentally ill, I have never done drugs, I not a drinker, I am not deluded, I do not lack in reason, nor opened mindfulness,
    I’ve never tried to be rude (I’ve even sidestepped multiple attempts of attack) I’m not a zealot nor a bible basher, I have not lied,

I have been Fair, I have been Truthful, and I have tried to help where I could,
    And Bill, I treat you just like anyone else on this forum, and thought you had the principles and ethics to value people’s opinion even if it differed from yours, instead of an echo chamber,
    I tend to look for the good in people, and trust too easily,

4. Link to Post #123
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    There's a lot of contradiction in Shot's posts here alone. And so far he's brought nothing of any real value, or any information of value that we already don't well know. The rest sounds an awful lot like it was influenced by Stephen Hodges 'story'. If I was feeling a little more abrasive, I would gather up all these contradictions and take him to task on trying to explain them.

I'm with Bill ... this is silly.

And I'll say it yet again ... anyone starting a thread with "I'm <insert cool unbelievable thing here>, Ask me any questions!" has not had a good ride here ... we have seen this over and over and over, and the outcome is always the same.

Shot wouldn't know we have this history, and he may not know that his story sounds very peculiarly like picked up parts from the Stephen Hodges story ... again, from Avalon history, so he may not understand why all the skepticism.
    Never heard of Stephen Hodges,
    Show me the “contradictions” try and pick things apart, I welcome it,

It’s you who come with bias, I’m not responsible for your behaviour, if you really had any interest in this thread why didn’t you ask to clarify?
    If it seems to contradict is it more likely you misunderstood, or is your ego to big to exclude that option?

You are right on one thing though, I’m not aware of your negative bias based on your previous experience, but that’s not an excuse to make foundless claims against me or a subject you know nothing about,

5. Link to Post #124
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    I am that I am --Agape and you are correct in that you say.
    Advaita Vedanta which is my current interest -- maintains that you are allready That --immortal --One without a second -- you are just ignorant of this.
    However it is strongly suggested that even though That which you are is ultimate truth you still need spiritual practice Neity Neity to remove the ignorance-- all complex yet simple
    Chris

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...phy-on-Earth--

Ps NDE is short of enlightenment but Dr Eben Alexander and others of NDE experience have said All are One They have glimpsed the Truth which they were unaware of before.
    “On the other side” Truth is the default and only way, there are no lies,
    That’s why when people visit they become more aware,

It’s not enlightenment, but it can lead to it because they understand spiritual things are real and have value,

NDE change lives,

6. Link to Post #125
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Quote Posted by ShotAcrosstheBow (here)
    Quote Posted by Floating (here)
    Back when Ben Abba was working this issue, he mentioned his subject had been around a long time. IF you say 100-200 years ago, it would be easy to walk about from country to country in the Mediterranean area. NOW, papers are needed. Passports. Drivers License. Just HOW do you live forever in a new complicated world? OR do you find an island and live alone?
    You would know my answer to this if you read my previous posts,

There are a lot more immortals walking around than you can imagine,
    Many work in governmental departments or related (companies hired by the government)

That includes places you get birth certificates etc,

Remember how you would hear about how a spy would get a new identity during the Cold War?, it’s the same,

But yes, they need to get a new identity every so many years, sometimes moving to another country, most don’t,
    EXCUSE me but HOW in heck would an IMMORTAL be able to TOLERATE the deadly dulldom of the beurocratic state. OMG that would be living hell.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Agape (17th April 2020), greybeard (17th April 2020), XelNaga (20th April 2020)

8. Link to Post #126
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    God doesn’t send people to hell, people degenerate and send themselves to hell,

I asked people far more knowledgeable than me,

This is what I know to be true,

Your mileage my vary,
    But one way or other people can find out the truth when they leave this world,
    You're dangerously and irresponsibly incorrect.
    The reason that I think this IS a dangerous false threat is because in all history as we have created it, manipulation through fear has imprisoned humanity. The fear of punishment and eternal damnation a NUMBER ONE way to coral sensitive beings into immobility (by those who know this is not true). The power structure which gains compliance knows how to frighten the WITS out of us.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by shotacrossthebow (here)
    Quote Posted by bill ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by shotacrossthebow (here)
    god doesn’t send people to hell, people degenerate and send themselves to hell,

i asked people far more knowledgeable than me,

this is what i know to be true,

your mileage my vary,
    but one way or other people can find out the truth when they leave this world,
    you're dangerously and irresponsibly incorrect.
    how so? I’m not forcing anyone in to my opinion (that’s not even doable)
    and i’m sharing the same opinion with the vast majority of christians,
    are we all dangerously irresponsible?
    yes yes yes yes yes......

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Agape (17th April 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (18th April 2020)

10. Link to Post #127
    Thanks

Deleted scene of the Close encounters of the 3rd kind

Last edited by Agape; 18th April 2020 at 17:01.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (18th April 2020), Delight (17th April 2020)

12. Link to Post #128
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    Back when Ben Abba was working this issue, he mentioned his subject had been around a long time. IF you say 100-200 years ago, it would be easy to walk about from country to country in the Mediterranean area. NOW, papers are needed. Passports. Drivers License. Just HOW do you live forever in a new complicated world? OR do you find an island and live alone?

Many work in governmental departments or related (companies hired by the government)

Remember how you would hear about how a spy would get a new identity during the Cold War?, it’s the same,

But yes, they need to get a new identity every so many years, sometimes moving to another country, most don’t,
    EXCUSE me but HOW in heck would an IMMORTAL be able to TOLERATE the deadly dulldom of the beurocratic state. OMG that would be living hell.

That’s right Delight, no soul liberated from the delusions and traps of human existence would enjoy the “offers” of the state, or life with limited identities
    and competences,
    even if it meant honors in the human sense
    such are quite intolerable and insignificant compared
    to real meaning of life with all it has to offer.

All we have ever heard about true immortals who can appear and disappear at their wish is that they hide forever from human sight except for brief moments.

If they’ve ever shown themselves in the past
    they do not come out to open these days anymore

not because they would fear anything
    but because human minds are too spoiled nowadays
    to be instructed

🌟
    I am with you there. However, I am absolutely sick and tired of being a baby and having no memory. The inability to retain a long consciousness and to forget and be deluded over and over makes me despair of ever actually achieving momentum. I know nothing now and when I was younger I blundered around and feel some real regret at times for my ignorance.

I just don't want to lose the bit I feel I understand. SO, maybe immortality seems attractive in that way. It is said the drag of duality is helpful to change (pretty quick change) of one's mind if you have the ability to use the opportunity. I want to live on a planet which has a population who chooses a common different experience... peace love and understanding in a body, in a garden of what actually exists on earth NOW but aware and together with friends who grok "it" (the big IT).
    Last edited by Delight; 17th April 2020 at 18:32.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Agape (17th April 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (18th April 2020)

14. Link to Post #129
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

ShotAccrossThe Bow
    You really are wasting your time.
    The great majority of Avalonians have been around a long time and as pointed out have heard the story and similar that you tell quite a few times.
    Why dont you be quiet and investigate this forum in particular the Spiritual Section-- you just might learn something
    Jesus said "Be still and know that I am God" why not follow that advice.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Agape (17th April 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (18th April 2020), DeDukshyn (17th April 2020), Delight (17th April 2020)

16. Link to Post #130
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

to be instructed

🌟
    Yes agape, but then, who is going to despoil the spoilers, the spoilt?

And why? perhaps because the spoilt have something irreplaceable?
    Now what?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Delight (17th April 2020)

18. Link to Post #131
    United States Avalon Member Jad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 times in 283 posts

SBA with all do respect brother you haven’t said anything new. What would you think if I tell you that I can walk on water without any proof? Would you believe me? Cause that’s pretty much what you’re doing now. If this thread helps you by getting some attention then so be it there is no harm in that.

PS: I picked up the book that you first mentioned here about Angels and I am sorry to say that it’s absolute rubbish. I stoped reading after a few chapters. It’s the same New Age BS about law of attraction but with Angels.

Mod note from Bill: here's the book that ShotAcrosstheBow recommended.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 18th April 2020 at 10:45.

19. Link to Post #132
    Thanks

Minority report

Last edited by Agape; 18th April 2020 at 16:56.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

greybeard (17th April 2020)

21. Link to Post #133
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

There's a lot of contradiction in Shot's posts here alone. And so far he's brought nothing of any real value, or any information of value that we already don't well know. The rest sounds an awful lot like it was influenced by Stephen Hodges 'story'. If I was feeling a little more abrasive, I would gather up all these contradictions and take him to task on trying to explain them.

And I'll say it yet again ... anyone starting a thread with "I'm <insert cool unbelievable thing here>, Ask me any questions!" has not had a good ride here ... we have seen this over and over and over, and the outcome is always the same.

Shot wouldn't know we have this history, and he may not know that his story sounds very peculiarly like picked up parts from the Stephen Hodges story ... again, from Avalon history, so he may not understand why all the skepticism.

It’s you who come with bias, I’m not responsible for your behaviour, if you really had any interest in this thread why didn’t you ask to clarify?
    If it seems to contradict is it more likely you misunderstood, or is your ego to big to exclude that option?

You are right on one thing though, I’m not aware of your negative bias based on your previous experience, but that’s not an excuse to make foundless claims against me or a subject you know nothing about,

"If it seems to contradict is it more likely you misunderstood, or is your ego to big to exclude that option"
    You've been very arrogant to the point of being clumsy and grossly innacurate with your words previously, after an attempt to tell people 'how it is"; I pointed it out but all you saw was attack.

Has it not crossed your mind that maybe you aren't painting a very good picture, and that your arrogance is getting in the way of your ability to accurately portray whatever the hell it is that you are here for (which we still don't really know, you've given us basically nothing of real value), and that is why your words are contradicting? Is it really always everyone's else problem that they can't see you for the god you seem to be trying to portray yourself as?

Step off you high horse for minute and maybe you won't continue to lose further respect.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

22. Link to Post #134
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

And BTW ... many of us here know why the position of "ask me any questions" is used by certain types of people for certain types of things. In a sense you may be insulting our intelligence.

If you have something to say, say it. So far you have said next to nothing of any real value ... why are you here again? So people can ask you questions? You know that automatically places the users you interact with in a submissive position so to speak (I'll assume you know this, many of us here do), and your constant insistence on having us ask you questions appears that you really like that position others asking you questions puts you in in relationship to them.

As I've said, we've seen it all before ...

Edit: I'll add one more insight here. You claim that certain info needs to be spread and that corrupt elements need to be corrected. I won't argue. We all are on that same mission. Most of us are contributing one way or another to this.

What does being immortal have to with that? The immortals have to remain secret or their numbers will be dwindled, you said, but then you post this on a public forum. So much for the need for their secrecy.

I have not seen you relay any information that was unknown or superior because it came from an 'immortal'.

So why the whole entire "I'm an immortal, ask me questions" ruse? And you talk about my ego.

Nothing about presenting yourself as an immortal has anything to do with the content needed to improve this world and its mortal inhabitants.

What it does though is artificially prop up your perceived level of importance and authority, weakening the critical thinking in those who's interest you are getting.

Its kinda obvious man. Just stop.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 17th April 2020 at 22:49.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

greybeard (18th April 2020), Jad (17th April 2020)

24. Link to Post #135
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Is this a real question, or are you trying to be facetious?
    Either way, is it worthy?

25. Link to Post #136
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hey Bill, don’t you think your questions better answered via this forum, than your simplistic attempt to psychically examine me?

Validation enough?

26. Link to Post #137
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

That’s right Delight, no soul liberated from the delusions and traps of human existence would enjoy the “offers” of the state, or life with limited identities
    and competences,
    even if it meant honors in the human sense
    such are quite intolerable and insignificant compared
    to real meaning of life with all it has to offer.

All we have ever heard about true immortals who can appear and disappear at their wish is that they hide forever from human sight except for brief moments.

If they’ve ever shown themselves in the past
    they do not come out to open these days anymore

to be instructed

🌟
    Most real immortals are not guru’s, neither do they have a desire to be,
    There job is to move amongst humans and help them,

It’s a lot more practical than you think,

Do you know the phrase
    Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.

27. Link to Post #138
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    ShotAccrossThe Bow
    You really are wasting your time.
    The great majority of Avalonians have been around a long time and as pointed out have heard the story and similar that you tell quite a few times.
    Why dont you be quiet and investigate this forum in particular the Spiritual Section-- you just might learn something
    Jesus said "Be still and know that I am God" why not follow that advice.

Chris
    That’s a sad reply from someone who should know better,
    I’m not here to be an “Avalonians“ I’m here to disclose a truth,

Which do you value more?

28. Link to Post #139
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jad (here)
    SBA with all do respect brother you haven’t said anything new. What would you think if I tell you that I can walk on water without any proof? Would you believe me? Cause that’s pretty much what you’re doing now. If this thread helps you by getting some attention then so be it there is no harm in that.

PS: I picked up the book that you first mentioned here about Angels and I am sorry to say that it’s absolute rubbish. I stoped reading after a few chapters. It’s the same New Age BS about law of attraction but with Angels.
    I doubt you have read the book I mentioned, but just made assumptions based on the burb (and maybe the cover)
    Likewise I doubt you tried to read or understand my previous posts....

29. Link to Post #140
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

"If it seems to contradict is it more likely you misunderstood, or is your ego to big to exclude that option"
    You've been very arrogant to the point of being clumsy and grossly innacurate with your words previously, after an attempt to tell people 'how it is"; I pointed it out but all you saw was attack.

Has it not crossed your mind that maybe you aren't painting a very good picture, and that your arrogance is getting in the way of your ability to accurately portray whatever the hell it is that you are here for (which we still don't really know, you've given us basically nothing of real value), and that is why your words are contradicting? Is it really always everyone's else problem that they can't see you for the god you seem to be trying to portray yourself as?

Step off you high horse for minute and maybe you won't continue to lose further respect.
    “psychological projection‘
    Look it up,

Ironic

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 7 15 LastLast