+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Political Egregores

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Default Political Egregores

Here's where politics meets the occult.

An eggregore is a group thoughtform that keeps everyone in the group thinking the "right" way. I've often been struck by the fact that some people instinctively align with the "progressive" position on new subjects that don't even have an official progressive position yet. When talking to these people about a political issue, it's like talking to an answering machine.

There seem to be two main political eggregores, a Communist one and a Capitalist one. So-called progressives are possessed by the Communist eggregore (they are progressing toward Communism), and so-called Conservatives by the Capitalist eggregore, which is mainly about resisting Communism.

I suspect there are black magic practitioners in the Vatican who create and feed these eggregores. You could never get someone to allow an exorcism of their political eggregore, but if you did, they would probably re-create it if around partisan cronies again.

As a chronic wrong-thinker who shines a little too brightly for any demon, I sometimes trigger someone's political eggregore, and it's not pleasant.

Thoughts?

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

cursichella1 (10th March 2020), edina (9th March 2020), haroldsails (12th March 2020), pueblo (19th March 2020), Ratszinger (19th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (9th March 2020), shaberon (14th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (9th March 2020), Tintin (12th March 2020), Valerie Villars (18th March 2020), wttah (9th March 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Default Re: Political Egregores

Interesting. So something kinda similar to a tulpa. Can an eggregore become self-sustaining, like a tulpa?
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

cursichella1 (10th March 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Thoughts?
    Egregores is a term used by Judeo-Christian culture, that can means the collective mind of any group of any kind of spiritual, social, political and economic purposes (of existence), of course, supported by will from its related individuals

The term Social Complex more recently used by Rá Material and also Cassiopean channeled thoughts, supposedly from higher (6D) spheres, it may also be a good (tech) term to use in these contexts.

Social Complex (or egregores) can means the Hive Minds.

---

on our nature, Hive Minds models (as egregores) are performed by Bees, Ants and Termites, for example.
    Last edited by RogeRio; 9th March 2020 at 16:20.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

cursichella1 (10th March 2020), haroldsails (12th March 2020), toppy (9th March 2020), Valerie Villars (18th March 2020), Victoria (19th March 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rainsong (here)
    Interesting. So something kinda similar to a tulpa. Can an eggregore become self-sustaining, like a tulpa?
    It's not self-sustaining. It needs the energy of its members to sustain it. That's why it psychically attacks members who leave. You see this in religious cults, especially. But Capitalism (rule by capital) and Communism are religions in their own way.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

haroldsails (12th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (9th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (9th March 2020), toppy (9th March 2020), Valerie Villars (18th March 2020), Victoria (19th March 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member cursichella1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,234 times in 761 posts

Here's where politics meets the occult.

An eggregore is a group thoughtform that keeps everyone in the group thinking the "right" way. I've often been struck by the fact that some people instinctively align with the "progressive" position on new subjects that don't even have an official progressive position yet. When talking to these people about a political issue, it's like talking to an answering machine.

There seem to be two main political eggregores, a Communist one and a Capitalist one. So-called progressives are possessed by the Communist eggregore (they are progressing toward Communism), and so-called Conservatives by the Capitalist eggregore, which is mainly about resisting Communism.

I suspect there are black magic practitioners in the Vatican who create and feed these eggregores. You could never get someone to allow an exorcism of their political eggregore, but if you did, they would probably re-create it if around partisan cronies again.

As a chronic wrong-thinker who shines a little too brightly for any demon, I sometimes trigger someone's political eggregore, and it's not pleasant.

Thoughts?
    Absolutely believe this is a reality we're experiencing now. I've been thinking this ever since Trump was elected—friends who I thought were relatively sane became absolutely vicious, overnight. It's still shocking to me. And it's not limited to the U.S. but seems to be a western, semi-worldwide phenomenon that's gaining momentum.

What I've been racking (wracking??) my brain over is what is it that makes one immune to the egregore, hivemind, mind parasite—whatever it is? What are the factors that make some people so incredibly hateful and biased and irrational and some not?

Like you, I feel totally immune it. What am I doing right? What's my sister doing wrong? What are my friends doing wrong? Is it electronic devices? Exposure to TV? Attitude? Strong vs weak aura? Diet?? Seems to be critical that this is figured out!
    cursichella1

Qui tacet consentit

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cursichella1 For This Post:

haroldsails (12th March 2020), RogeRio (13th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (11th March 2020), TomKat (11th March 2020), Victoria (19th March 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks

Quote Posted by cursichella1 (here)
    What I've been racking (wracking??) my brain over is what is it that makes one immune to the egregore, hivemind, mind parasite—whatever it is? What are the factors that make some people so incredibly hateful and biased and irrational and some not?
    susceptibility to polarization of the mind (throught variable emotional states)

for example ..
    Quote I thought were relatively sane became absolutely vicious, overnight.
    to be immune to the polarization of the mind, one cannot allow be polarized so easily.
    Last edited by RogeRio; 11th March 2020 at 02:14.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), TomKat (11th March 2020), Valerie Villars (18th March 2020), Victoria (19th March 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi guys.

Within an egreggore would probably be a lot of emotion too.

If an egreggore is a collective thought form, it stands to reason that it would also be the sum of the collective emotions. Devotion, righteousness, hope and also the hate for competitive egreggores.

So two egregores would probably focus hate on each other further destabilising the people inside.
    If the Ancients discovered the secrets of life and created living organic machines; where do the machines go when they die?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wttah For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), haroldsails (12th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (11th March 2020), TomKat (11th March 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by cursichella1 (here)
    Like you, I feel totally immune it. What am I doing right? What's my sister doing wrong? What are my friends doing wrong? Is it electronic devices? Exposure to TV? Attitude? Strong vs weak aura? Diet?? Seems to be critical that this is figured out!
    I call it vertical consciousness, versus horizontal. People with vertical consciousness are less affected by eggregores, political, family, whatever. Half the population has little if any vertical consciousness, just horizontal (part of the herd). The other half has plenty of vertical consciousness. But there's a percentage of those who are torn between horizontal and vertical -- want too much to be part of the herd and are willing to self-lie to feel connected to it.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), haroldsails (12th March 2020), RogeRio (11th March 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wttah (here)
    Hi guys.
    yes, mindless emotion -- "animal spirits" as they used to call it in political circles

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), wttah (12th March 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi guys.
    yes, mindless emotion -- "animal spirits" as they used to call it in political circles
    "Animal spirits" - yes, there is something in that phrase. Also reminds me of the collective consciousness of a disease. "Going viral" and "contagion" might also be suitable additions to the "egreggore lexicon".

One of the last books I read was the biography of the little Indian fella Krishnamurti.

The story goes that the Theosophical Society was searching for the promised maitraya. Leadbeater and Besant found a kid in India. They schooled and trained him to be the head of "The Order of the Star".

When the day came the kid asked if the head of this order was all powerful. The Theosophical folks said " yes".

Krishnamurti accepted the position of Maitraya as head of the Order of the Star.

He then promptly disbanded the Order and walked away from the Theosophical Society.

I guess Krishnamurti really was enlightened

Krishnamurti said a few times that when people join groups it can lead to bad things happening.

Just how sensible joining a group mind and adopting their thoughts as your own is, well I have my own thoughts on the matter.

I like people as individuals, not so much when people act as collectives.
    Last edited by wttah; 12th March 2020 at 02:42. Reason: Argh! Typos!
    If the Ancients discovered the secrets of life and created living organic machines; where do the machines go when they die?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wttah For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), haroldsails (12th March 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (22nd March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th October 2020), TomKat (12th March 2020), Valerie Villars (18th March 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I find it frightening how, in a small group or cult environment, people clamour to become leaders, bossing others around, etc. As often as not these people are females. Seems females are more prone to a group (or pseudo family) instinct. I wish our culture did not encourage this "leadership" impulse, because would-be leaders tend to be the least evolved of our species.
    Last edited by TomKat; 12th March 2020 at 13:00.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th October 2020), Valerie Villars (18th March 2020), wttah (12th March 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I find it frightening how, in a small group or cult environment, people clamour to become leaders, bossing others around, etc. As often as not these people are females. Seems females are more prone to a group (or pseudo family) instinct. I wish our culture did not encourage this "leadership" impulse, because would-be leaders tend to be the least evolved of our species.
    Pushy women? Heh heh heh, we are going to get into soooo much trouble . . . .

Edit.

Okay I am composed again, maybe . . . . nope give me moment, I am trying : )

I suppose it is this idea of a power pyramidal structure people are hung up on perpetuating.

(Evil grin : ). The old extended family was a good (in my mind anyway) structure where the "little woman" stayed home, kept house and brought up children. Grandparents helped out and imparted some wisdom that comes with a long memory. Taught children things they wouldn't have learned otherwise. While "the man of the house" went out and worked to support the family financially.

Now that I have just hung myself, I'll point out that the women generally held the purse strings and quietly ran things in the background.

It just worked.

The example isn't a pyramidal power structure with a leader, just people contributing to a household that nurtured life.

Nature Spirits don't have a vertical hierachy, it is what you would call a horizontal ancestry.

Maybe it is only humans that think they need a leader?
    Last edited by wttah; 12th March 2020 at 13:40. Reason: Argh! Typos! and added suicidal edit : )

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wttah For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th October 2020), TomKat (13th March 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

I wasn't going to say anything. But you went there.

Pushy women? Heh heh heh, we are going to get into soooo much trouble . . . .

Edit.

Okay I am composed again, maybe . . . . nope give me moment, I am trying : )

I suppose it is this idea of a power pyramidal structure people are hung up on perpetuating.

(Evil grin : ). The old extended family was a good (in my mind anyway) structure where the "little woman" stayed home, kept house and brought up children. Grandparents helped out and imparted some wisdom that comes with a long memory. Taught children things they wouldn't have learned otherwise. While "the man of the house" went out and worked to support the family financially.

Now that I have just hung myself, I'll point out that the women generally held the purse strings and quietly ran things in the background.

It just worked.
    No. It did not.

Being raised in a very patriarchal household/culture, I bristle at comments that disparage or dissuade women from contributing. The idea that women who raise their voice to be heard are pushy or bossy is, quite frankly, offensive to me. Because I grew up where women were not given a voice. If they were going to be heard, they'd better stand up and scream and bring all hell down, because it was the only way they made sure that people would listen. And yes, they were then often given very unpleasant descriptions, but at least they'd made their point.

Women most assuredly did NOT hold the purse strings. Women did not work as some kind of matriarchal ruler in the background. If women talked about something more than once or twice, she was nagging. If she asserted herself the same as a man, she was "bossy."

I know that was a toxic environment and way out of balance, but when I was kid growing up, it was normal life where I lived in the rural, Bible belt of the southern USA. It was not just my family. It was reflected in every (fundamental, Bible-believing, independent Baptist) church we attended. And thanks to moving every 1-2 years, that was a fair sampling across the south.

I recognize that's my own baggage and not everyone had experiences like that and that not all people or places treated women like that, so I own my own reactions and don't hold it against anyone for having a differing experience/opinion. I have no hard feelings against either of you or anyone else here at PA.

However, because your experience as a man may have been different, it does not mean that I'm exaggerating or imaging things. If you grew up more like my husband did--in basically a different world and different culture even though we were both born and raised in the US--you might not understand this. (It took him a while to really get this.) But it doesn't make it less true.

The idea that men just need to contribute financially and let the women run the household is B.S. It doesn't work to promote healthy families. It never has.

Quote The example isn't a pyramidal power structure with a leader,
    Yes. That's exactly what it was. And we do not need to return to that.

Quote just people contributing to a household that nurtured life.

Nature Spirits don't have a vertical hierachy, it is what you would call a horizontal ancestry.

Maybe it is only humans that think they need a leader?
    You could have left out everything else and just gone with this.

*sigh* Y'all found another hot-button issue with me. I could keep going, but the thread's probably derailed enough. Suffice it to say, I disagree with you on most of this.

I do wholeheartedly agree that we have lost a lot of wisdom from the older generations. We do need their contributions. (But in that horizontal ancestry thing--otherwise you get problems like from my dh's upbringing where the oldest living relative was basically god.)

Seriously, no hard feelings. I just felt the need to offer a different perspective and maybe a bit of balance.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), RogeRio (12th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th October 2020), TomKat (13th March 2020), Valerie Villars (18th March 2020), wttah (12th March 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks

I find it frightening how, in a small group or cult environment, people clamour to become leaders, bossing others around, etc.
    not only cult environment (lol)

it's a very trick issue, because the clever ones don't want to be a boss dued by (idiot) formalities the bosses need to do, So, the less gifted with intelligence get management positions to rise above the intelligent ones.

there is a very good and fun book on this subject published by John Hoover - How To Work For An Idiot

Not every boss is an idiot and not every idiot is a boss. The best you can do is prepare to deal with whatever comes your way.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), TomKat (13th March 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rainsong (here)
    Being raised in a very patriarchal household/culture, I bristle at comments that disparage or dissuade women from contributing. The idea that women who raise their voice to be heard are pushy or bossy is, quite frankly, offensive to me. Because I grew up where women were not given a voice. If they were going to be heard, they'd better stand up and scream and bring all hell down, because it was the only way they made sure that people would listen. And yes, they were then often given very unpleasant descriptions, but at least they'd made their point.
    Nothing wrong with raising one's voice to be heard. But that's different to raising one's voice in order to dominate. I've had a lot of experience with short, 3rd world Prima Donnas. Specifically, Mexican or Filipina. Maybe it's the Cortez gene? But I really have no patience for the beady-eyed Imelda Marcos types that I ran into in California.

Now I'm in trouble! :-)

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th March 2020), Valerie Villars (18th March 2020), wttah (12th March 2020)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi ya rainsong, I thought I'd get in trouble.

Sometimes things work and sometimes they don't. It depends on the individuals I guess.

It depends on what you're trying to build. I Grew up in 1960's Australia where most households were single income. So the cost of a family was 50 weeks a year income. Nowadays two people have to work so the cost of a family is 100 weeks a year. Back in dark age Europe the estimate is 26 weeks. I think that makes a difference in many ways.

Personally, my wife stayed home with the kids until they went to school, then we took turns working for a few years until kids left school. The wife is better with money then I am so it made sense to toss the paypacket to her.

Matriarchy patriarchy, power structures, ugkh. Power structures are usually trouble in the long run.

The horizontal ancestry of the Nature Beings is because of how they reproduce. When they grow weary of life they divide their consciousness into six or so little Beings with memories going back through their whole lineage. Mom then "steps back". The children start to learn as individuals. Mom has her wisdom from making mistakes and the little ones are comparatively impetuous. Mom only steps in when her children are threatened from others.

I don't know how to fix things in society except to say people should try and think of each other more. It takes a lot of effort. As a society people can be so very self entitled and downright selfish.
    Last edited by wttah; 12th March 2020 at 23:22. Reason: Argh! Typos!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wttah For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th March 2020), TomKat (13th March 2020)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote I've had a lot of experience with short, 3rd world Prima Donnas. Specifically, Mexican or Filipina. Maybe it's the Cortez gene? But I really have no patience for the beady-eyed Imelda Marcos types that I ran into in California.

Now I'm in trouble! :-)
    Wow, I thought bringing in the differences between men and women was dangerous, now ethnicity . . .

I gotta say I told my son to stay away from Australian girls. They can't cook. Choose a nice Italiano, French or Russian girl or you'll be living on frozen meals and take away for the rest of your life. He didn't listen (sigh). His mother is French.

But you get the prima Donna's in men these days. Young men like their pissing contests, and politics is just dishonesty and power mongering. Thinking oneself special is rampant.

I suppose that is because the concrete mind always compares things in relation to itself. I wonder if the mental plane of the Theosophists is just a human thing and no one else lives there.. If the mental plane were to disappear would it only be humans that were affected? Like the mental plane is purely a human construct.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wttah For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th March 2020), TomKat (13th March 2020)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks

I suppose that is because the concrete mind always compares things in relation to itself. I wonder if the mental plane of the Theosophists is just a human thing and no one else lives there.. If the mental plane were to disappear would it only be humans that were affected? Like the mental plane is purely a human construct.
    this question makes me laught (if mental plane were to disappear?)

to mental plane disappear, first the physical and psych planes need to be re-absorved on it, because It's relatively causal to both other consequent planes.

a physical-form is created by desire of psych-form
    a psych-form is created by thought of mental-form

creation is infinite inteligence exploring its infinite potential through an infinite number of finite pathways.

Existence is a fractal hologram where all possibilities exist simultaneously (timelessly), to individuals soul-consciousness evolve self-awareness under this static pattern in which each individual & coletive evolution generates the illusion of dynamic Time lap Experiences.

"All is Mind." Everything that happens has to be a result of a mental state which precedes it.

obs:
    concrete mind work with math, logic and language
    abstract mind work with intuition, will and inteligence
    Last edited by RogeRio; 13th March 2020 at 03:43.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), TomKat (13th March 2020), Valerie Villars (18th March 2020), wttah (13th March 2020)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RogeRio (here)
    this question makes me laught (if mental plane were to disappear?)

to mental plane disappear, first the physical and psych planes need to be re-absorved on it, because It's relatively causal to both other consequent planes.

a physical-form is created by desire of psych-form
    a psych-form is created by thought of mental-form

creation is infinite inteligence exploring its infinite potential through an infinite number of finite pathways.

Existence is a fractal hologram where all possibilities exist simultaneously (timelessly), to individuals soul-consciousness evolve (awareness) under this static pattern in which each individual & coletive evolution generates the illusion of dynamic Time Experiences.

"All is Mind." Everything that happens has to be a result of a mental state which precedes it.

Yep, that is probably how it works with human thought, how a thought form gathers astral and aether.

I would suggest that for this to be true on a world level, we would have to have a mind in the image of a human mind. A "god".

There is an intelligence that permeates, nothing to say it works like a human intelligence.

Edit.

I'm not that sure how this stuff works, but from observation, I am leaning towards humans being like lots of little chimneys who puff out thought constantly creating a haze that lingers like smog over a city.
    Last edited by wttah; 13th March 2020 at 05:04.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wttah For This Post:

cursichella1 (13th March 2020), RogeRio (13th March 2020), TomKat (13th March 2020), Valerie Villars (18th March 2020)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

If there's a mental plane begetting further downward planes all the way to the physical, then couldn't there be a physical plane begetting the upward planes all the way to the mental? If God is creating the physical plane from the mental plane downward, couldn't humans (God viewpoints incarnate) be creating the various upper planes from the physical? If so you'd have 2 mental planes, 2 astral planes -- God's creation and humankind's creation. The difference between Being and Becoming? Nature and artifice?

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

shaberon (14th March 2020), Valerie Villars (18th March 2020), wttah (13th March 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast