+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Economic and Financial Prognostications, Trends, and Data, 2020

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: Economic and Financial Prognostications, Trends, and Data, 2020

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    However, if you want to sell silver coins to them, they will buy all you have and pay you $12.50 per 1 oz coin.
    Yes, that's why physical bullion is not a realistic short-term investment, it's more of an insurance plan against severe inflation or if fiat currency collapses. People buying these coins don't plan on selling any time soon. So they're really off the grid, financially speaking.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (21st March 2020), Soda (29th March 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-line-with-fed

The Bank of Korea will provide $12 billion to banks in its first round of dollar injections using a currency swap line with the Federal Reserve.

The auction will be held on Tuesday at 10 a.m. Seoul time, and banks may apply for 7-days debt of up to $300 million, and 84-days debt of up to $1.5 billion, the central bank said in a statement. The minimum bidding rate will be decided on Monday.

The supply of funds is expected to help stabilize markets, and the central bank will hold more auctions considering the demand for dollars in the market, according to the statement. The $12 billion supplement is expected to be enough to meet market demands for now, the central bank said.

The BOK on March 19 agreed on a $60 billion swap line with the Fed as the spread of the coronavirus and a plunge in oil prices led to a rush for haven and dollars, resulting in a shortage of the greenback and a plunge in the local currency. The central bank last week said it will supply dollars to markets in doses using the swap line with the Fed, with the first round of the injection being substantially larger then the rest.

4. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,086 times in 20,639 posts

The COVID illusion and the currency reset
    The reset: not all at once; step by step
    by Jon Rappoport
    April 6, 2020

https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020...urrency-reset/

"When this highly destructive farce is over, there are several ways things could go. In this article, I describe one path.

The World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Bank (WB) are joined at the hip. In 2018, they double-knotted their ties by forming a partnership to monitor outbreaks and epidemics before they spread.

Basically, behind the scenes, the deal looks like this: WHO creates the illusion of global epidemics; WB steps in later, to pick up the pieces of the result—injured national economies— by shelling out loans to governments.

These loans always carry conditions. The prime condition is: let in private, roaming, foreign, predatory, private investors so they can take over vital sectors of a nation: energy, agriculture, water, etc.

But this time, WHO, as planned, has gone ballistic. The lockdowns are shredding economies. It’s not going to be “here’s a loan.”

It’s more on the order of: we have to bail out everybody.

How is that done?

Step by step, through switching over one kind of illusory money for another kind of illusory money.

“We invented one kind of money out of thin air, and it reached the end of the line. Now we have to invent another kind of all new money out of thin air.”

Universal guaranteed income (UGI). Eventually, for everyone.

It, too, comes with conditions, gradually implemented. Basically, the deal is: “we pay you, and you obey us.”

The behavioral side of the model is the Chinese regime, which works obedience through a “social credit score.”

Infractions lower the score. In which case, the violator can’t travel on a plane or send his kids to certain schools or stay in certain hotels or start a business. There are levels of punishments.

Infractions include walking a dog off a leash, spreading fake news, crossing against a red light, failure to separate garbage properly, business fraud—little and big offenses.

Under a global UGI, it would be: “Here’s your monthly digital check, now follow orders, or your money might be reduced. Be a good citizen.”

Of course, a system like this requires complete and utter surveillance, public and private, every which way.

The holy grail is energy quotas for every person. “Mr. Smith, this is your wall talking through the glorious Internet of Things. Your energy number for the month is reaching its limit. I want to help you avoid that limit and the social credit score penalties that would be enforced. I’m going to initiate brown-outs and dimming in your home for the next two weeks. Your Internet will be shut down—excepting the hours of midnight to three in the morning. Cook all your meals for the day between four and five am…”

Behavior control. What’s going on now is a tune-up for the future. Now they say: stay indoors, don’t let in visitors. Stand in line outside stores, keeping a distance of six feet. Report people who appear sick. Get tested. Wash your hands a dozen times a day. In the future, the list of rules and regs will be different, but the overall theme will be the same: be a good citizen and contribute to a better world. Be sincere and earnest and helpful. Don’t rebel.

And just like now, many, many people will respond: “Yes, thank you. I like the straight and narrow. I like the feeling of contributing to something larger than myself. I like the collective. I like the fact that we’re all in this together.”

A sub-population of these people will want to do more. They’ll want to join the government. They’ll want to help the government enforce the rules. They’ll want to “express their energy.” They would, if asked, gladly march in columns down streets, salute, hand out summons, make arrests, and even commit violent acts under orders.

They would wear crisp uniforms, and take oaths. They would want ranks and seals. They would like to be called ELITE.

Because history means nothing to such people, they’ll never know names like SS, Red Guards, or Stasi. But that’s what they’ll be.

Unless the whole plan for a technocratic Brave New World is exposed and falls apart, because enough people remember another name and know what it means:

FREEDOM.

When this fake pandemic crisis is declared “done,” several themes will emerge. They will be promoted in various ways, employing many messages. I’m talking about official government and media propaganda.

First of all, the “pandemic” will be described as major turning point in human history. A great shock to the system. All sorts of professional shills and bull****ters will talk about BP and AP. BEFORE THE PANDEMIC and AFTER THE PANDEMIC.

We will be told, “We can’t go back to the way it was before.”

The first great propaganda theme will be: HELP US BUILD A BETTER WORLD. This message is for the sincere people who want to pitch in and do good, in a collective sense. “Let’s build a better world where we can avoid these pandemics, or see them earlier. Let’s form a civilization where equality and justice for all is the top priority. Let’s all share and care…” If you’re looking for logic, forget it. In whatever way they can, the propagandists will imply that somehow the pandemic was a signal that we must “do better.” We must “get through it together” as we did during the crisis. The love we showed then must be the love we show now. An appeal to idealists everywhere who fall for vague generalities like cats fall for catnip.

The second great theme, aimed at the educated class and the technical types and the scientists and “thinkers,” will be: ORGANIZATION. “We must organize world civilization more effectively.” Because somehow, that was the problem Before the Pandemic. Lack of organization allowed things to get out of hand. We can’t any longer be separate groups and nations going their separate ways. Too much disorder. We need better structures in every phase of life. We need more interconnection and coordination. The educated class loves this stuff. It fits their image of success. If society operates like a machine, problems will be solved.

The third great propaganda theme is aimed at all sorts of people who emerged from their lockdown and self-isolation, took a walk in a park on a spring day, and suddenly remembered what they had been missing. Their relief nearly reaches a point of hysteria, as at the end of a World War. The theme is: NEVER AGAIN. “We don’t want to go back to those dark days under any circumstances, and whatever it takes, we’re on board. Tell us what to do.”

With these themes in hand, the technocracy can be enacted. We’re all for building a better world. We must organize it with t’s crossed and i’s dotted. And we must never go back into the dark.

Unless people remember what is left out. THE INDIVIDUAL. And FREEDOM.

Technocratic operators are counting on us to forget. They’re counting on many people who value freedom to say, “Well, it’s all hopeless. I know what freedom is, but too many others don’t. So why bother. I’ll just surrender and float on the tide.”

Floating is an illusion. The tide moves in a planned direction. Toward a shore that isn’t pretty.

Are things pretty now?

That’s called a clue."
    Each breath a gift...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Anka (6th April 2020), kfm27917 (5th July 2020), Soda (17th May 2020)

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,514 times in 32,788 posts

Folks, recorded on 9 April, this is an economic and financial conversation that's FUN.

Starts slow, like a good standup comic, and then as the energy builds it gets better and better and better. Believe it or not, I watched it twice. (Watched it, not because there are any graphics, but because Craig Hemke is just such a fun, expressive guy to see speak.)

And, it's EASY TO UNDERSTAND.

I know that Chris Martenson is an energizing breath of fresh air in everything he talks about and explains. But his friend and guest, Craig Hemke, is even better. He's like a financial Joe from the Carolinas. Very funny, and very bright.

The two of them should do a TV show together. It's great entertainment, AND a bunch of really clear insights. I often never make it to the very end of financial videos, but this one I wish was the start of a series.

Okay, so eulogies over — you can kinda see I enjoyed it! — here's the video:

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (21st April 2020), DeeMetrios (21st April 2020), Denise/Dizi (21st April 2020), Hym (21st April 2020), kfm27917 (5th July 2020), kudzy (20th April 2020), Lilybee8 (22nd April 2020), mountain_jim (21st April 2020), NewParadigmGuy (20th April 2020), Sadieblue (21st April 2020), Samson (24th April 2020), Yoda (21st April 2020), Zionbrion (21st April 2020)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Folks, recorded on 9 April, this is an economic and financial conversation that's FUN.

Starts slow, like a good standup comic, and then as the energy builds it gets better and better and better. Believe it or not, I watched it twice. (Watched it, not because there are any graphics, but because Craig Hemke is just such a fun, expressive guy to see speak.)

And, it's EASY TO UNDERSTAND.

I know that Chris Martenson is an energizing breath of fresh air in everything he talks about and explains. But his friend and guest, Craig Hemke, is even better. He's like a financial Joe from the Carolinas. Very funny, and very bright.

The two of them should do a TV show together. It's great entertainment, AND a bunch of really clear insights. I often never make it to the very end of financial videos, but this one I wish was the start of a series.

Okay, so eulogies over — you can kinda see I enjoyed it! — here's the video:

Yes, this video is very informative and entertaining. If you are not aware, Bill, Craig Hemke does a weekly summary of developments in the precious metals markets called "Sprott Money News Weekly Wrap-up". It is usually under 30 minutes and is always published on YouTube.

What I got out of this, as an answer to the question in the title of the video "What's Next For Gold" is A HIGHER PRICE. This could happen through the market realizing that the supply of actual gold is nowhere near what was commonly believed, or through governments devaluing currencies (and thereby revaluing gold) as a means of dealing with the financial crisis, as they have done many times before throughout history.

It interests me the the Handbook for the New Paradigm states, in Volume 3, Message #1 "The controlling over-lords are intent on returning this planet to a bare minimum of tightly enslaved beings that can return to their original intent of stripping the needed minerals for the salvation of their own civilization at the expense of this planet and its inhabitants."

Much higher gold prices would undoubtedly stimulate the gold mining industry, thereby bringing larger amounts to the surface - ultimately for the benefit of our controlling over-lords.
    We are humans becoming, help us to become!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewParadigmGuy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st April 2020), kfm27917 (5th July 2020), mountain_jim (21st April 2020), onawah (13th May 2020)

10. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

Great video Bill...

It's my opinion they will never get a money system in place that works "backed by anything" aside from our efforts... As everything is a "resource" and when we as a society go about trying to claim it, One person or group claims they own it, and the rest then have to figure out a way to get it from them. And eventually a grup will pool their resources to trick others into giving up theirs...

We have to learn to SHARE and not OWN our environment..

We could go about trading rocks, and someone would claim to own riverbeds hahaha.

We're going to have to evolve to some system, that takes our efforts as our money. Not harm the world. And not claim ownership of the land we steward.. But it is going to take a mass awakening for that to happen. And it won't happen in my lifetime. Unless of course a more highly advanced society steps in and places us in such a society. The problem will always be, those that finally feel they have worked hard enough to enjoy things a bit more, would then be being asked to back up and start over, like those at the beginning of the process, and as such they too would never agree.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st April 2020), DeeMetrios (21st April 2020), Ewan (7th July 2020), Hym (21st April 2020), Lilybee8 (22nd April 2020), Soda (16th May 2020)

12. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Each breath a gift...

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st April 2020), Hym (22nd April 2020), Soda (16th May 2020)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

For a good discussion of where the economy goes from here, check out this interview with Jim Rickards and Pippa Malmgren. Rickards' arguments are more abstract and Malmgren's more concrete. Rickards says we have been in a technical depression since 2008 and Malmgren says we're going to see huge debt defaults in the 3rd world, countries that borrowed in dollars, as well as other countries like Italy.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2020), Hym (22nd April 2020), Satori (21st April 2020)

16. Link to Post #49
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

Oil hit -$40 a barrel yesterday (IE, if you "buy" the contracts, they will pay you to come pick up oil at 40$ a barrel (good luck finding a place to store it)... granted it was just one contract but it will cause a panic i bet)

we are in for interesting times....
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2020), Hym (22nd April 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (21st April 2020), Zionbrion (21st April 2020)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,005 times in 8,166 posts

The Rothschild central banks are being loaded up with bad assets. Extensive financial and political restructuring in Europe.

Jim Willie - We Are Now In The Process Of Dismantling The Rothschild Banking System, Target Locked

X22Report Spotlight
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2020), Jayke (4th July 2020)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

LaRouche Wants to Give You a Job Rebuilding the World — Why We Need 1.5 Billion New Productive Jobs

Daniel Burke, LaRouche Independent for US Senate, NJ,and Diane Sare, candidate for US Senate, NY 2022, lead a discussion on the principles citizens and leaders around the world must introduce to society to address reality: you can't re-open an economy that doesn't exist! The warnings of Lyndon LaRouche about the British Empire's intent to depopulate the planet with their degenerate, financial monetarist system are clear as day now. This is the moment to end their system and replace it with an economy supporting every human on this planet and beyond.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2020), Jayke (4th July 2020), kfm27917 (5th July 2020)

22. Link to Post #52
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

This channel is super helpful. All of the analysts are superb. You can do a compare and contrast between the different experts and see how it measures up with your own personal experience and the experience of those around you.

I've always kind of been drawn to Jim Rickards. Even though he kind of mumbles, what he says is pretty much free of econo-jargon, so he is easily understood.

Nouriel Roubini is also pretty interesting and on point, but exaggerates a bit, probably just to drive home a point.

I will whip through a number of these, have already watched most of them and highlight which ones seem to be the best.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBH...4F3CMcPIzPEB5A

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2020)

24. Link to Post #53
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS0IKayjO-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OFaZcC0lRU

Raoul Paul update and the demographic crisis, focusing on retirement. Brilliant.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2020), kfm27917 (5th July 2020)

26. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS0IKayjO-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OFaZcC0lRU

Raoul Paul update and the demographic crisis, focusing on retirement. Brilliant.

His point about boomer consumption falling off a cliff at this point makes it a perfect time to have a consumer/supply chain freeze on the back of a complete take down and review of the money supply system.

Mr global may have thought it was a good time for his move to go for his kind of new deal (total digital control etc). Mr screw-Mr-global has as good an opportunity to flip it on it's head and cut Mr global out of a different kind of new deal.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2020), justntime2learn (17th May 2020)

28. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

On the Mr Global side of the plandemic, here's Joseph Farrell reading from the transcript of a May 11th interview with George Soros.

In a nutshell, he proposes a new kind of debt package, for Europe at least, that lumps climate change and the corona virus together as a semi permanent crisis requiring modified financial institutions.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2020), gord (4th July 2020), kfm27917 (5th July 2020), onawah (22nd May 2020), Zanshin (30th July 2020)

30. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

The 2020s: Coming Decade of Crises and Turmoil

I don't look at the future in the way this guy does, but for those who hang on to the old paradigm for their intellectual paranoia thrills, he delivers as good as any.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2020), gord (4th July 2020), Jayke (4th July 2020), kfm27917 (5th July 2020)

32. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

HOW IS THIS STILL SECRET?! Military Insider Interview: SPECIAL OPS REVEALED [DS] Hidden Secrets Pt 1
    6/29/20
    James Red Pills America

(This was shared on Facebook by Win Keech, who is a pretty smart guy. I know nothing about global finance, but I think Win does, so this is probably worthy of consideration. One thing for sure, Q fans will love it... )

Part 2
    Each breath a gift...

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2020), ClearWater (5th July 2020), East Sun (5th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (5th July 2020), greybeard (4th July 2020), Jayke (4th July 2020), Kamikaze (4th July 2020), Zanshin (29th July 2020)

34. Link to Post #58
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Hi onawah
    Took the time to watch both videos thoroughly -- pausing and rewinding as necessary.
    What is being suggested in these is a major game change.
    Going back to the original constitution and a new way of banking - all in place but needs starting up.
    Trump seems to be hinting he is heading in this direction.
    A question of timing -- he cant say exactly what he has in mind yet, if im right.
    Of course I could have miss read what I watched.

Anyone short of time I would suggest skip the first video as the main thrust is covered in the opening of the second one.
    I do think its important that people watch this.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (5th July 2020), Jayke (5th July 2020), kfm27917 (5th July 2020), onawah (4th July 2020), Zanshin (31st July 2020)

36. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I don't know how much what is on paper and in "legalise" is still being given due respect in the courts, which seem to be corrupt in their own right, though the courts have been the last stand for a lot of internal conflicts in this country.

In many cases of a war or a coup, whether civil or international (and it could be said we are experiencing both right now), the military has had the deciding playing card.

But there is little precedent to use as an example for what we are seeing now on so many different levels, so I'm thinking we aren't going to know who has the winning hand until the fat lady sings.

What continues to pique my interest is the number of things from the Book of Revelations that are appearing in the news, from 666 the number of the beast appearing on Gates' patent and the social credit system and digital currency, to record quakes, tsunamis, hail and locusts, incoming comets, fireballs, etc. all of which seem to be a bit too uncanny to be totally coincidental.

I was just referred by another Avalonian to this newsletter from Zeta Talk:
    http://www.zetatalk.com/newsletr/issue718.htm

I hadn't looked at anything like ZT in years ( I pretty much stopped paying attention to channeled info quite some time ago), but there appears to be at least some credible info there.

I may post that on the Dutchsinse thread since it has a lot to do with predicting earthquakes.
    Last edited by onawah; 5th July 2020 at 06:51.
    Each breath a gift...

37. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Jayke (5th July 2020)

38. Link to Post #60
    Language
    English
    Thanks

See that very interesting newsletter mentioned at:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1364385

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I don't know how much what is on paper and in "legalise" is still being given due respect in the courts, which seem to be corrupt in their own right, though the courts have been the last stand for a lot of internal conflicts in this country.

In many cases of a war or a coup, whether civil or international (and it could be said we are experiencing both right now), the military has had the deciding playing card.

But there is little precedent to use as an example for what we are seeing now on so many different levels, so I'm thinking we aren't going to know who has the winning hand until the fat lady sings.

What continues to pique my interest is the number of things from the Book of Revelations that are appearing in the news, from 666 the number of the beast appearing on Gates' patent and the social credit system and digital currency, to record quakes, tsunamis, hail and locusts, incoming comets, fireballs, etc. all of which seem to be a bit too uncanny to be totally coincidental.

I was just referred by another Avalonian to this newsletter from Zeta Talk:
    http://www.zetatalk.com/newsletr/issue718.htm

I hadn't looked at anything like ZT in years ( I pretty much stopped paying attention to channeled info quite some time ago), but there appears to be at least some credible info there.

I may post that on the Dutchsinse thread since it has a lot to do with predicting earthquakes.
    Last edited by onawah; 5th July 2020 at 01:37.
    Each breath a gift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast