+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Social Media Truther Comments - you couldn’t write this stuff

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    Jazz
    Thanks

Default Social Media Truther Comments - you couldn’t write this stuff

Here we go folks, another attempt at an interesting thread. This one based on the absolute hilarity of some “truther” comments written and seen on social media. For a community which is theoretically dedicated to knowledge and truth, we sure do see a lot of ignorance which is unintentionally comedic. Please contribute any similar material you may see. In these times, humor has never been more important, and more in short supply. I think humor of all types can be a fast path to truth and knowledge.

Truther Quote du jour:

“𝐏𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 “𝐬𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐫” 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐄𝐱𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐎𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫.”

(Note - the quotes around “sewer” are mine, which raises another interesting but disturbing trend that I notice, that of marginal literacy. I assume the author of this insightful gem meant “sewage”).

As I ponder this assertion, I really want to see this alleged Executive Order. Can you imagine how it would read?

”𝐈𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐢𝐱 𝐱𝐱𝐱 𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐩 𝐱𝐱𝐱 𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐚𝐰 𝐩𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞-𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐮𝐦 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐰, 𝐯𝐢𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐨, 𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐰, 𝐛𝐲 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐱𝐱𝐱 𝐛𝐲 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐱𝐱𝐱.”

Right?

The hilarious/tragic part? People actually believe it’s true, many of them simply because this person posted it. Few (if any) engage in fact checking to confirm that an idea which defies not only basic common sense, but also (if one does believe the “executive order” theory) the known workings of government. It’s common knowledge that water treatment involves “purifying” waste water from all sources, that usually chlorine is added to kill disease, and that people flush pharmaceutical drugs down their toilets, which remain present in tap water. None of that is new. Most know that it’s our responsibility to filter water we choose to ingest. Does anyone here actually believe that a nefarious agenda to poison the population would be spelled out in detail as part of an official government-issued executive order? Or that (in any country) raw sewage is purposefully added to water in order to decimate the population with disease? The person who posted this comment lives in the USA. Proving, once again, that the USA ranks very low on the “quality of education” scale.
    Last edited by xylo; 10th March 2020 at 21:47.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to xylo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), cursichella1 (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (29th March 2020), Forest Denizen (10th April 2020), Frank V (10th March 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (10th March 2020), Kryztian (17th April 2020), Mike (10th March 2020), snoop4truth (29th March 2020), Tintin (14th August 2020), toppy (11th March 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Social Media Truther Comments - you couldn’t write this stuff

xylo,

What is the identity of the "truther" making this claim?

Snoop

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snoop4truth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th August 2020), Denise/Dizi (29th March 2020), Forest Denizen (10th April 2020), Kryztian (17th April 2020), xylo (10th April 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

I consider myself a truther, and claimed openly on facebook that: " I may have to take my "lifestraw" and a bag of rice, and run to the hills if things get any worse with the toilet paper crisis", and noted "that by living in California I may be breaking the law, as the lifestraw is plastic, and well, we're not supposed to have plastic straws in California anymore.."

Rather than people taking me seriously they just laughed and asked if I was bored... Yes, yes I am bored...

I will look for funny posts online to share.. There have been a lot of them more recently..

By the way, the "lifestraw" is a straw with a water filter built into it, for survival situations....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th August 2020), xylo (10th April 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Jazz
    Thanks

Quote Posted by snoop4truth (here)
    xylo,

What is the identity of the "truther" making this claim?

Snoop
    Hi Snoop,

They’re a follower, not a presenter. I didn’t take down their username as I don’t want to direct attention to hapless indivual followers. Since the start of this thread everything in the world has changed dramatically. This syndrome no longer seems relevant, and given current circumstances I suddenly have no more examples to add. Nothing is funny right now, we all know the the theories that are being bantered about and I don’t skewer anyone for what they may claim, because the truth is we’re all guessing even though some things are painfully obvious. Hopefully soon, as the covid situation evolves and more people are able to get their bearings -myself included- we’ll once again have the full range of blather to cull from including humor. Those days seem like years ago right now. As authority speakers from all sides are saying -“things will never return to normal”
    Last edited by xylo; 10th April 2020 at 03:57.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xylo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th August 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Jazz
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    I consider myself a truther, and claimed openly on facebook that: " I may have to take my "lifestraw" and a bag of rice, and run to the hills if things get any worse with the toilet paper crisis", and noted "that by living in California I may be breaking the law, as the lifestraw is plastic, and well, we're not supposed to have plastic straws in California anymore.."

Rather than people taking me seriously they just laughed and asked if I was bored... Yes, yes I am bored...

I will look for funny posts online to share.. There have been a lot of them more recently..

By the way, the "lifestraw" is a straw with a water filter built into it, for survival situations....
    Thank you Dizi. With the world situation having changed so dramatically since I started this thread, suddenly nothing seems funny, including any one person’s POV. I don’t fault anyone for what they may or may not believe simply due to shock. None of us have experienced anything like this in our lifetimes. By the time we get into May 2020 I think a certain clarity may evolve. I certainly hope so. I hope humor will be relevant again someday. That would signal a possible outcome that is hopeful. Hang in there, say safe and may freedom once again be something we’re all able to experience.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xylo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th August 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th April 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

Quote Posted by xylo (here)

Thank you Dizi. With the world situation having changed so dramatically since I started this thread, suddenly nothing seems funny, including any one person’s POV. I don’t fault anyone for what they may or may not believe simply due to shock. None of us have experienced anything like this in our lifetimes. By the time we get into May 2020 I think a certain clarity may evolve. I certainly hope so. I hope humor will be relevant again someday. That would signal a possible outcome that is hopeful. Hang in there, say safe and may freedom once again be something we’re all able to experience.
    Thank You so much.... Stress just makes us sicker... If we are going to get sick? We are going to get sick.. Laughter is good medicine... Or it always helped make me feel better... I have been trying to post funny things... For the most part.

But I also have quite a few truthers on my friends and family list on fb as well, so I temper that humor with some links I have found both on my own, and from kind people doing research and sharing. I know only one thing.. SOMETHING big is going on, and the governments all around the world are attempting to shelter their populations in place.. If it is an attempt at a takeover? Well, it won't be easy.. If it was bioweapons that were released? We're all in it together as BOTH the northern and southern hemisphere seem to be affected.

I think perhaps it is something else entirely.. Still very serious and real.. But there are very few things than can make the entire planet stop functioning as it does.. A problem that needs to be addressed? A NEW problem, such as a pandemic, or wars.. And we all seem to be getting along fairly well.. So it's anyone's guess... Let's just hope the stopping of everything was worth it. Until then? Send love and smiles.. And information if possible so others can try to inform themselves.

While I take guesses at what I think this may be? I can't be positive. But laughing here and there, never hurts...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th August 2020), xylo (14th August 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Jazz
    Thanks

Real Stupid Truther statements and responses gathered on YouTube, August 13, 2020.
    T=“Truther” / Me = “myself”

T1: “Steve Bennun of Israeli News Live keeps us informed because of his insider access to classified information within the Pentagon, FEMA, CIA and Isreali military intelligence"
    Me: "Doesn't it seem questionable to you that someone who claims insider classified access then proceeds to broadcast the “classified info” weekly to the public and is allowed to continue doing this for years?”
    T1 response: “if you think Steve Bennun is the only person I listen to, you’re way off.”
    Me: “that’s not what I said or asked. What do you think of the point I’ve raised?”
    >no response from T1<

T2, (after hearing Deborah Tavares say for the nth time “lithium Ion batteries are government deployed explosive devices which kill hundreds of thousands of people per year”): “They’re putting Lithium Ion batteries inside of computer chips now, to kill us”
    Me: “A LiOn battery that would fit inside a chip would be too small to do anything. it would only pop the chip quickly because chips become hot.”
    T2: “don’t believe me? here’s proof” (links to a video of a self-proclaimed “Naval ballistics expert” showing an old film clip of a Destroyer that ignited decades ago, along with a few newspaper article headlines and a photo of an alleged “explosive chip”, which is actually 3 components inside a glass vile)
    Me: “what does any of that have to do with Lithium Ion batteries?”
    T2: “That’s a chip. And this guy says it’s explosive. And he’s a Navy expert. So it must contain a Lithium Ion battery, because Deborah says...(yada yada). That’s proof. “
    >I let it go. Too dumb. she gets the final word.<

T3: “the website Deagel.com tells us the US population will be reduced to 100 million by 2025. And they’re official, because they display a complete inventory of the USA’s military arsenal. “
    Me: “no official military website would publish an inventory of weapons. Do you have anything to substantiate or reinforce your claim?”
    T3: “sure. 75% of the population here and in the UK would accept a vaccine”
    Me: “that logic requires us to assume your 75% figure is substantiated, and that the vax (to be) proves to be 100% lethal. Do you have anything to substantiate?”
    T3: “if you can’t connect those dots there’s nothing I can do for you.”
    Me: “I can’t connect those dots. So please inform me.”
    >no response from T3<

T4: “this doctor is on fire and speaking the truth! Share this! Make it go viral!”
    Me: “how do you know he’s really a doctor, and what he’s saying is truth?”
    T4: “because he says so, and it is.”
    Me: “I found him online. He’s a chiropractor and new-age life coach.”
    T4: “hey just follow the money and information, it’s all right there.”
    Me: “please illustrate, and are you aware of disinformation?”
    (We go back and forth)
    T4: “like I said from the beginning, listen to everyone but trust no one.”

And finally, the most bigoted and stupid truther comment of the week. This from a subscriber to the increasingly racist and white nationalist rantings of “Carol” from “Never Lose Truth” 😱, who created a presentation alleging that there’s been no racism in the USA for many decades, which she knows because when she goes out, she sees middle class black people. A Native American person commented to the effect of “Really?”

T5: “The Indians wanted land. So the government gave them millions of square miles of land. They wanted reparations so the government continues to pay them. The Indians owe their demise to their own choices. Living on fried bread and Jack Daniels is their decision.”
    Me: (take a guess, starting with “how is allowing them access to a small portion something that we stole from them “giving”?”..)
    [EDIT] T5 responds!: “You are spreading disinformation. what about Israel and Palestine? I think I know your heritage. You’re a communist, a lawyer and probably a college professor, and now you’re going to use your connections to have my comments removed.”

Comment: which God did I please? T5 is the consummate manifestation of the faction of “truther” which I’m describing. Notable pattern: when they have nothing to back up their claims, they change the subject. And, in a state of 100% low IQ ignorance, they assume, define and accuse. In this case 6X wrong. And yet, these kinds of posts pour gas on the fires of ignorance-borne Hate. Others see these comments and get triggered to pile on. In a matter of a few days, we suddenly have a raging fire going which is built on 100% delusion. When Many truther ppl see someone else post something fearful, hateful, absurd, etc., they believe it’s truth from a knowledgeable person, simply because the comment declares it to be true. I see very few asking for substantiation. And that’s a futile request anyway, as there are so many dummies who fill up these threads in the style of a lynch mob, all of whom attack a request for substantiation as an “elite, communist, marxist” action, from the perspective of This faction of “truthers.” In the bigger picture, it’s similar within the extremist factions of both political parties: The “right” way to do things is to comply. Whether it’s the MAGA Tyrant faction of the R party, or the “ultra-progressive/ANTIFA Tyrant faction on the D party. “Just comply with my mandate because I say so.”

My “Truther” Takeaway: The “truther” community, or a significant faction of it, is rapidly devolving into a level of Stupid that surprises even me, a cynic, especially considering ever-increasing proclamations of “I am awake”. Even more disturbing is the coalescing of “truther” and racist, white nationalist “aryan brotherhood” ideology. If you don’t think there is some social engineering going on, I’d recommend looking closer. YT Presenters to observe: SGT Report, aplanetruth5, Richie From Boston, Never Lose Truth, Black Pigeon Speaks, and of course the originator, Deborah Tavares aka “stopthecrime.” From a faux-Christian extremist angle, Isreali News Live and End Times Productions.

Stay safe and thanks for reading,

xylo
    Last edited by xylo; 14th August 2020 at 20:25.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xylo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th August 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    Jazz
    Thanks

Thank You so much.... Stress just makes us sicker... If we are going to get sick? We are going to get sick.. Laughter is good medicine... Or it always helped make me feel better... I have been trying to post funny things... For the most part.

But I also have quite a few truthers on my friends and family list on fb as well, so I temper that humor with some links I have found both on my own, and from kind people doing research and sharing. I know only one thing.. SOMETHING big is going on, and the governments all around the world are attempting to shelter their populations in place.. If it is an attempt at a takeover? Well, it won't be easy.. If it was bioweapons that were released? We're all in it together as BOTH the northern and southern hemisphere seem to be affected.

I think perhaps it is something else entirely.. Still very serious and real.. But there are very few things than can make the entire planet stop functioning as it does.. A problem that needs to be addressed? A NEW problem, such as a pandemic, or wars.. And we all seem to be getting along fairly well.. So it's anyone's guess... Let's just hope the stopping of everything was worth it. Until then? Send love and smiles.. And information if possible so others can try to inform themselves.

While I take guesses at what I think this may be? I can't be positive. But laughing here and there, never hurts...
    Thanks Dizi!

Apologies for missing your response, and your points are well taken. Now, a few months in, I’m back to appreciating humor wherever it can be found. One of the few things that no one can regulate or take away. Thanks for reminding us, and take care.

xylo

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xylo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th August 2020), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,531 times in 32,788 posts

The “truther” community, or a significant faction of it, is rapidly devolving into a level of Stupid that surprises even me, a cynic, especially considering ever-increasing proclamations of “I am awake”.
    Yes. Periodically, I take a few minutes to scan the YouTube comments below any particularly interesting video — whatever it might be saying.

Sometimes, it's alarming. It's like, this is "our alternative community" — and the samples taken so often show any or all of lack of intelligence, lack of knowledge, lack of articulacy, lack of courtesy, and (frequently!) lack of any kind of measured balance.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (21st August 2020), xylo (14th August 2020), Yoda (14th August 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Jazz
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    The “truther” community, or a significant faction of it, is rapidly devolving into a level of Stupid that surprises even me, a cynic, especially considering ever-increasing proclamations of “I am awake”.
    Yes. Periodically, I take a few minutes to scan the YouTube comments below any particularly interesting video — whatever it might be saying.

Sometimes, it's alarming. It's like, this is "our alternative community" — and the samples taken so often show any or all of lack of intelligence, lack of knowledge, lack of articulacy, lack of courtesy, and (frequently!) lack of any kind of measured balance.
    Thank you Bill!

I appreciate your confirmation of the general syndrome I’m describing. I don’t assume you endorse or confirm every detail within my post. What matters, I think, is to be aware of the “dumbing down” agenda. Also glad it’s not just me who notices this, it gets pretty lonely interacting within these threads. I do it mostly as a study. The experience however is troubling.

Have a great weekend!

xylo
    Last edited by xylo; 14th August 2020 at 21:32.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xylo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th August 2020), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2020), Satori (14th August 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    Jazz
    Thanks

Only posting this because I see it so often. Increasingly. When I see this, my heart sinks, and I become sad. For the pathetic, crisis of identity hapless alt-sheep followers: this, a comment posted today on a popular YouTube “Truther” channel:

“ I’m from”...(city within the USA)..” and I’m awake!”

Quick way to identify those who may be “awake”? They’ll never declare themselves to be “awake”.

Editorial: “awake” is not a static self-proclaimed achievement. “Awake” is a dynamic, ever changing state of being. Anyone who has authentically realized a state of wakefulness would never announce it. Why? Because by that time, they would know better than to shut off the process which is critical to their moment to momentary dynamic existence. “I’m awake”. Awake as of when? 19:35 mountain time, 08/16/2020? So sad. But there ya go. “Truther”. Phht. What a socially engineered joke. Increasingly “Truther” = “Moron.” Sorry dedicated truthers. I used to be one of you. Until I couldn’t take it anymore. But that’s just me. Am I “awake”? Only if I discipline myself to remember, every day, that today is full of new lessons, which I’ll only make myself available to if i remember that I only think I know things, but in truth, I know very little. Fwiiw.
    Last edited by xylo; 17th August 2020 at 05:58.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xylo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th August 2020), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2020), Satori (17th August 2020)

+ Reply to Thread