+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 275 FirstFirst 1 33 43 53 93 143 275 LastLast

Thread: Covid19: Global reports, news and updates

1. Link to Post #841
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,748 times in 32,946 posts

Default Re: Covid19: Global reports, news and updates

(continued, because of too many images )

• Herd immunity will never be reached. (Herd immunity increasingly seems unlikely. Recent research indicates antibodies disappear quite quickly, as with the common cold.)
    • Lock down must continue until an effective vaccine is introduced and administered to all the world's population. (There may never be an effective vaccine, whatever one's views: mine are strongly ant-vaxx. The only way of handling the problem long term may be to reduce the R0, the reproduction number, < 1.)
    • To achieve this goal, the careful management of the infected must continue and safeguards against further infection must be aggressively targeted. ('Aggressively' is too strong, but it may be very instructive how effectively some non-US countries have dealt with this. The chaotic and ineffective way the US has addressed this is second only to Brazil.)
    • Financial interests and the future of the world economy are of secondary consideration. (Definitely not. Indirectly, many will die, or suffer greatly, through ignoring the economy of any country)
    • The cost of each death, directly related to the handling of the epidemic will be prohibitive but unavoidable, inevitably reaching tens of thousands of dollars per case and higher. (ssssh, don't say this out loud) (I may not understand the statement. All deaths incur a measurable $$ cost, whatever the age or cause)
    • (added by myself) Only external medical intervention can help. There's nothing any individual can do except wear masks and stay at home. (Criminally omitted by all health authorities I'm aware of, certainly including the WHO, is that everyone can take action in very well-understood ways to strengthen their own immune system. That can make a huge difference.)

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (25th July 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (26th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (25th July 2020), Ewan (26th July 2020), Gwin Ru (26th July 2020), Harmony (26th July 2020), justntime2learn (27th July 2020), kudzy (26th July 2020), leavesoftrees (26th July 2020), wondering (26th July 2020), Yoda (26th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #842
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,976 times in 1,707 posts

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)

So why does the virus seem to love Americans?
    Could it have something to do with the fact that the U.S. has more false positives with their test, for some strange reason?

Or that the U.S. is now counting COVID contacts as being COVID-19 positive, whether or not they have even been tested? (Check out the new testing procedures for Texas).

Or that the U.S. has a penchant for assigning deaths to COVID-19 above all other causes now?
    Further to my post above...

What's wrong with this picture?

The U.S. makes up just 4.2% of the total world's population, yet
    due to good fortune, it manages to come down with more than 25% the total cases of COVID-19 and almost 25% the total number of deaths from (cough) COVID-19.

Nigeria on the other hand, with more than half the U.S. population, manages to come down with .2% of the total COVID-19 cases and .1% the COVID-19 deaths!

Can someone help me fix my TV please, it seems to be out of focus.

Must be some kind of conspiracy?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (25th July 2020), pueblo (27th July 2020), wondering (26th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #843
    Thanks

As I've posted a number of times now, the response in the US has been chaotic and incompetent (at least!) from January onwards. Smaller countries with far fewer resources, but with a clear strategy, have done far, far better. Only Brazil has done a worse job. (Although maybe the US is just as bad!)

I very strongly suspect that at least some of the chaos and incompetence has been engineered — all part of the planned takedown of America as Americans know it (see this thread). Statistics are often inflated or downright falsified, but even so, the difference between the US and a number of other countries who've handled this effectively is a huge orders-of-magnitude gulf that can't be explained by that alone.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (26th July 2020), Chris Gilbert (26th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (25th July 2020), justntime2learn (27th July 2020), kudzy (26th July 2020), onevoice (26th July 2020), wondering (26th July 2020), Yoda (26th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #844
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

According to the grade, then, the narrative fails. With 5checks and 6Xs.

But it is close and so it can be seen why there is a definite split in the consensus.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th July 2020), Harmony (26th July 2020), wondering (26th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #845
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,976 times in 1,707 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

As I've posted a number of times now, the response in the US has been chaotic and incompetent (at least!) from January onwards. Smaller countries with far fewer resources, but with a clear strategy, have done far, far better. Only Brazil has done a worse job. (Although maybe the US is just as bad!)

I very strongly suspect that at least some of the chaos and incompetence has been engineered — all part of the planned takedown of America as Americans know it (see this thread). Statistics are often inflated or downright falsified, but even so, the difference between the US and a number of other countries who've handled this effectively is a huge orders-of-magnitude gulf that can't be explained by that alone.
    Bill I think you are being very kind and generous to the U.S. in trying to explain their outrageous lead in the COVID-19 case/death race numbers.
    Maybe if you could try to break down the reasons for their lead we could better understand your point of view:

% Due to 'incompetence'.
    % Due to 'massaging' the numbers.
    % Due to 'unorthodox' testing procedures/protocols
    % Due to outright falsifying numbers (death counts/positive tests).

Anyone with two brain cells can see it is no coincidence the country that has the greatest stake in this pandemic and the ability to fudge the numbers to keep this thing going also just so happens to have the highest case/death numbers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

wondering (26th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #846
    Thanks

It does seem like there is a hidden agenda over-arching the official story, that drives the narrative with operatives in the field, and by slanting the media reporting to both favor the official view and to feed the fires of fear, so it does not die down...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Billy Vasiliadis (26th July 2020), DaveToo (26th July 2020), greybeard (26th July 2020), Harmony (26th July 2020), onevoice (26th July 2020)

13. Link to Post #847
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Im inclined to agree with Professor Dolores Cahill.
    She has spent a life time studying the subject at the highest level and that includes being in charge of laboratories

Swedish Covid-19 chief Anders Tegnell: judge me in a year

Accompanying article here: https://unherd.com/2020/07/swedens-an... In just a few short months Anders Tegnell, architect of Sweden’s unique response to the Covid-19 pandemic, has gone from unknown physician and technocrat to a household celebrity in Sweden and in countries around the world. He is beloved by some (people have even had tattoos made with his face) and intensely disliked by others. Today he is suntanned and relaxed, having just returned from his summer holiday, and wearing an open-necked polo shirt. Here is a summary of what he said: - In terms of migrants, travel and urban areas Sweden is more similar to the Netherlands and the UK than Norway or Finland - Lockdown may have made a difference, but closing schools and people being out of work is also bad for public health - Numbers of new infections arriving at the same time seems to make a big difference, so Stockholm half-term travellers to the Alps a big factor for Stockholm epidemic - Eradication is not an option, ‘we have to learn to live with this disease’ - Evidence for masks still very weak, and they may yet be counterproductive. With all the trends going sharply down, it would make no sense to introduce them now - Additional immunity such as T cells playing a substantial role in slowing spread – ‘what we see right now is a rapid fall in the number of cases, and of course some kind of immunity has to be involved in that as nothing else has changed.’ - Sweden will be better placed than other countries to limit further waves and outbreaks because of higher immunity - IFR of Covid-19 in final account will be 0.1% to 0.5% - “and that is not radically different to what we see with the yearly flu” - Judge me in a year, he says.

Now he is the leading expert in Sweden so worth listening to.
    Bottom line I have highlighted and that is in tune with Professor Dolores and other professionals.
    Dr Rashid Buttar included.
    Last edited by greybeard; 26th July 2020 at 14:10.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

14. Link to Post #848
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    She has spent a life time studying the subject at the highest level and that includes being in charge of laboratories

I stopped right here, at 3:48. See the screenshot below.

She's flat-out incorrect
    about these important aspects of both SARS-CoV-2 and EBV (the Ebola virus).

Ebola does NOT spread through the air. It absolutely does not. And SARS-CoV-2 does, which is how come so many on the cruise ships got infected despite staying in their cabins — because of the ships' ventilation systems.

She's right that it's conveyed by microdroplets, but that's one thing that masks do prevent the transmission of.

That's how come singing and shouting — as well as talking at close quarters, let alone sneezing or coughing — can infect others. It's because of the droplet transmission, unless impeded by a mask at the point of origin.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ewan (26th July 2020), Harmony (27th July 2020), justntime2learn (27th July 2020), onevoice (26th July 2020), Sunny (27th July 2020), Yoda (27th July 2020)

16. Link to Post #849
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,612 times in 20,703 posts

DID FAUCI CREATE COVID-19?
    Corporate Media and Big Tech Trying to Stop Judy Mikovits Interview Exposing Dr. Fauci from Airing this Weekend
    7/26/20
    https://vaccineimpact.com/2020/corpo...-this-weekend/

by Brian Shilhavy
    Editor, Health Impact News

(THERE ARE TWO VIDEOS WHICH I AM REQUESTING THE MODS EMBED FOR US HERE)

"The national corporate media giants like CNN, along with Big Tech, are trying hard to censor a video produced by America this Week with Eric Bolling and distributed to local media sources via the Sinclair Broadcast Group.

The video is an interview with whistle-blower Dr. Judy Mikovits and her attorney, Larry Klaman, where Dr. Mikovits is claiming that Dr. Fauci was manufacturing coronaviruses in monkey cell lines at Ft. Detrick in the U.S., a biosafety level 4 facility, and shipping them to Wuhan, China.

CNN may have unwittingly drawn more attention to the show than it would have otherwise received by publishing an article condemning the host, Eric Bolling, who used to work for Fox News, and also slandering both Larry Klaman and Dr. Mikovits in an effort to discredit them.

The text used by CNN was picked up by almost every other national corporate media organization by Friday, July 24, 2020.

One of the sources who also condemned the interview is an organization called “Media Matters” who also embedded the video of the interview, which has now been deleted from Facebook, as well as local affiliate WJLA ABC 7, where the video was originally published.

We have embedded the video below. (If it disappears, let us know.)

As a matter of policy, Health Impact News generally does not link to and provide traffic to the websites like CNN, but here is a write-up on CNN’s hit piece from RT.com:

CNN has whipped up an army of outraged Twitter liberals after it slammed a network of local news stations for airing an interview with a disgraced scientist who blamed Dr Anthony Fauci for the coronavirus.

Dr Judy Mikovits is the star of ‘Plandemic,’ a conspiracy documentary claiming that Covid-19 is a ploy by National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases head Dr Anthony Fauci and Bill Gates to poison the masses with vaccines and get rich doing so. The film has been pulled from YouTube, censored in internet searches, and denounced by almost every single mainstream media outlet.

Mikovits, however, will appear on hundreds of local news outlets owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group this weekend, during a segment of ‘America This Week’, hosted by Eric Bolling.

Her appearance alone rubbed CNN the wrong way. In an article slamming Sinclair for airing such a “baseless conspiracy theory,” CNN hammered Bolling for allowing Mikovits to “continue to make her case” without pushing back enough. CNN even texted both Bolling and Mikovits’ fellow guest Larry Klayman, a lawyer who backed up her claims, to ask them about the segment.

Taking a page from the Media Matters playbook, CNN asked Bolling if he had any “second thoughts” about airing the segment. Bolling simply replied “I don’t second guess my producers and bookers.”

Online, CNN’s liberal viewership clamored for a boycott of Sinclair. Some even demanded that anyone spreading such “dangerously false propaganda” be imprisoned.

Whatever its standing in the information war, CNN is losing the ratings war against Sinclair and its affiliates. Local broadcasters like the 294 owned or operated by Sinclair and its subsidiaries draw in five times as many primetime viewers as cable networks like CNN. Among these local broadcasters, Sinclair is king, reaching 40 percent of American households. (Source.)

As of the time of this writing (Saturday, 7/25/2020), I have not seen anything about Sinclair changing their mind, but outside of Media Matters and a couple of other sites also embedding their video of the interview, I have not been able to locate it.

Here is the interview:

Transcript via MediaMatters.org

ERIC BOLLING (HOST): Larry Klayman is the founder of Judicial Watch and Freedom Watch. He’s teamed up with Dr. Judy Mikovits, who worked with Dr. Anthony Fauci and is an expert in virology. I spoke to them both recently about the potential legal action they are seeking against Dr. Fauci. Then I brought in Dr. Nicole Saphier to weigh in on all their allegations. Take a listen.

(VIDEO BEGINS)

BOLLING: Dr. Mikovits, tell me about the — what you believe Dr. Fauci has done wrong?

JUDY MIKOVITS: I believe Dr. Fauci has manufactured the coronaviruses in monkey cell lines and shipped them from and paid for and shipped the cell lines to Wuhan, China, now for at least since 2014. He published that fact and funded the studies that were published in 2015 in Nature Medicine that stated that the original cell line the Chinese used to grow the virus was shipped from Ft. Detrick, USAMRIID, the biosafety level 4 facility there.

BOLLING: Doctor, that’s a pretty hefty claim. You’re claiming that there was a virus that Fauci discovered, the coronavirus — again, there are many coronaviruses — but he shipped this specific version to China —

MIKOVITS: No.

BOLLING: And then somehow it leaked? Tell us.

MIKOVITS: No. I’m not saying that he discovered it, I’m saying they were manufacturing these animal tissues. They were using these animal tissues at Ft. Detrick, and this has been done for decades. It was illegal in this country, so instead of continuing the work there, he funded the studies. He’s the head of NIAID. He didn’t discover this particular coronavirus, but they had been working on isolating coronaviruses from bats, both at USAMRIID since the mid to late ‘90s, and they had shipped — originally funded the studies to Wuhan, China, when it was illegal in this country to do these types of studies further.

BOLLING: All right, let’s bring you in Larry, let’s talk about the law here. What is your claim and, you know, how is it steeped in law?

LARRY KLAYMAN: Well we’re looking at a possible RICO case, Eric, and we’re analyzing that right now, but what it appears happened is the Chinese got that virus. And we know that $3.7 million was given as a grant during the Obama administration to that Wuhan laboratory, that’s not in dispute. And the Chinese then engineered it into a bioweapon. So what happened here, actually, is relevant to our lawsuit in Dallas, Texas, our class action against the communist Chinese who are releasing, either accidentally or by design, this pandemic. So, it’s a very serious matter, and it needs to be looked into. No one wants to discuss it, and I suspect the president probably knows about this right now, which is why — and I support the president personally, but I don’t think that’s why he’s — I think that’s why he’s going not real strong against China right now, because this virus actually had its origins, apparently, in a lab in Ft. Detrick, Maryland.

BOLLING: And Larry, we know about the funding the Obama administration sent to China, the Wuhan lab, but allegedly it was for discovery of a vaccine of this exact virus. Earlier, the doctor talked about something that Fauci may have been doing, experimenting here illegal. Tell us about that piece of it.

KLAYMAN: Well, let me just say this. I think one thing the left and the right have in common these days, Eric, is that we don’t believe a word the government tells us. And the fact that they claim they’re looking for a vaccine — you know, they were doing research, and Judy could talk about this more, at Ft. Detrick to combat bioweapons. OK, so, they weren’t there just for vaccines. I mean, they were there for a number of different reasons. But let me turn it over to her because she’s the expert here.

BOLLING: Go ahead, doctor.

MIKOVITS: Ah, yes, Eric, these — since the mid ‘90s, we’ve been working with Ebola and other strains of viruses from bats and animals. And we — I did that work at USAMRIID, that means U.S. Army Research Institute for Infectious Disease. So we were doing those studies, allegedly then, to provide vaccines or therapeutics, but we were working, mixing animal tissues in these human cell lines, the exact same cell lines used in China. And these viruses have escaped before, the Ebola strain in 2014 that killed 21,000 Liberians came from that same USAMRIID facility in Ft. Detrick, Frederick, Maryland.

BOLLING: All right, we’re going to leave it there. I think there’s a lot more as we go forward. Larry, you’ve been talking about suing China for quite a while now, you’ll keep us up to date on where that legal proceeding is headed and where it is. Larry Klayman everybody, Dr. Judy Mikovits. Thank you very much for your time.

(VIDEO ENDS)

Here is the trailer for the Plandemic film that has been banned and censored, but by some estimates has been viewed by over 1 BILLION people in the past couple of months.

Comment on this article at HealthImpactNews.com.

More articles on Dr. Judy Mikovits
    https://vaccineimpact.com/tag/dr-judy-mikovits/ "
    Last edited by onawah; 26th July 2020 at 15:10.
    Each breath a gift...

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (26th July 2020), Ba-ba-Ra (26th July 2020), greybeard (26th July 2020), Sunny (27th July 2020)

18. Link to Post #850
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)

I stopped right here, at 3:48. See the screenshot below.

She's flat-out incorrect
    about these important aspects of both SARS-CoV-2 and EBV (the Ebola virus).

Ebola does NOT spread through the air. It absolutely does not. And SARS-CoV-2 does, which is how come so many on the cruise ships got infected despite staying in their cabins — because of the ships' ventilation systems.

She's right that it's conveyed by microdroplets, but that's one thing that masks do prevent the transmission of.

That's how come singing and shouting — as well as talking at close quarters, let alone sneezing or coughing — can infect others. It's because of the droplet transmission, unless impeded by a mask at the point of origin.

Bill your logic is sound I can not disagree with that.
    Dolores does go on to point out the dangers of wearing a mask -- it degrades the immune system.
    She also points out that it can trigger all manner of virus inherent within the body
    Masks can cause fainting.
    I said earlier that my Ex wife who is as fit as they come passed out at work -- staff nurse -- on the ward where she was working.
    She puts that down to wearing a mask provided by the hospital.

Dell Bigtree showed in a video his son wearing a mask and Rashid use a device to measure the amount of carbon dioxide build up within moments.
    So lets just say that perhaps she is in error with her graph --does that invalidate the rest of her information?
    I dont mind being wrong.
    Fear of being wrong would prevent a lot of people posting -- no one is right 100% of the time.
    Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 26th July 2020 at 18:35.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Billy Vasiliadis (27th July 2020)

20. Link to Post #851
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,089 times in 2,402 posts

Hi Bill,

Regarding the posts here and here I would just like to add a suspiscion.

Now this is out there it will never disappear, like the common cold and the various flu viruses, it will always be liable to reappear. Which, I feel, should lead to a question - if the virus were truly manufactured and released as a 'control mechanism?' are the people who engineered the release insane, or do they already have full protection?

21. Link to Post #852
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A University College Dublin (UCD) professor, who chairs the Eurosceptic Irish Freedom Party, has been asked to resign from a leading European Union scientific committee over online claims she made about the Covid-19 pandemic.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...aims-1.4277698

In an hour-long interview with a popular alt-right activist on May 10th, which has been viewed hundreds of thousands of times, Prof Dolores Cahill promised to “debunk the narrative” of the pandemic.

Lockdown and social distancing is not needed to stop the spread of the virus, she said. People who recover are then “immune for life” after 10 days and deaths and illnesses could have been prevented by extra vitamins, she claimed.

People with underlying health conditions, such as cystic fibrosis, could freely engage in society during the pandemic after spending a few weeks building up their immunity in this manner, she went on.

Opposing vaccinations, Ms Cahill said “politicians and the media” are using Covid-19 “as a fear-mongering propaganda tool to try and take away rights from people and to make them more sick and to force vaccinations on us.”

However, the European Commission said the claims made by Ms Cahill, a professor of translational medicine in UCD, could cause “significant harm”, if taken literally.
    ‘Not compatible’

Following this, Ms Cahill was asked to resign as vice chair of the Scientific Committee of the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI), a partnership between the European Commission and the drugs industry to promote new drugs.

“Professor Cahill has been requested by the Chair of the Scientific Council of IMI and the Executive Director of IMI to step down from her function,” the commission told The Irish Times.

“While as a private person, Professor Cahill is entitled to express her points of view, these are not compatible with the scientific foundations of the Innovative Medicines Initiative,” said a Commission spokesperson.

Ms Cahill’s claims have also caused Berlin’s Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics (MPIMG), where she worked for eight years, to distance itself, saying it did not want to be associated in any way with the claims made.

The IMI echoed these sentiments, saying that they were “shocked” to see her statements and that her views do not reflect those hold on Covid-19 by of IMI.

A former Max Planck colleague, Prof Hans Lehrach said he was “really surprised” by Ms Cahill’s comments: “I have no idea why she says things like that,” he said.

“There is absolutely no proof that people recovering from the disease are immune for life,” he said, reflecting the World Health Organisation’s understanding on the subject.

Vitamins and minerals do help the immune system, but Mr Lehrach said he would “very much doubt” that they would defend against the virus. The vulnerable would be “pretty insane” to engage widely during the pandemic.
    Hydroxychloroquine treatment

Ms Cahill also supported the use of hydroxychloroquine to treat Covid-19, one that has been supported, too, by US president Donald Trump. The drug, she said, is “safe and effective” in treating the disease.

However, Prof Lehrach said that he would be “very careful” with hydroxychloroquine as testing had proven that it is ineffective as a treatment and has been known to cause death due to heart complications.

The original interview has since been removed by YouTube, but versions can still be found easily online and have clocked up hundreds of thousands of views. Ms Cahill has given a number of similar interviews since.

Ms Cahill is a member of the faculty at UCD school of medicine, where she is the module co-ordinator on a number of subjects, including one taught to first-year medicine students called Science Medicine and Society.

When approached for comment, UCD confirmed that she is part of the university’s faculty, but refused to comment further on her claims, saying only that they are “her own views”.

Ms Cahill unsuccessfully contested the general election for the Irish Freedom Party in February, eliminated on the second count in Tipperary with a total of 527 votes. She has not replied to requests for comment.

Another Dr trashed by the media and places she worked.
    I wonder where they get their funding

I accept that some of her statements take a bit of believing but not all of them.
    When she claims life time immunity -- there is a case for that but not if you have had an inoculation as far as I can see.

Anyway we will see what comes of it.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 27th July 2020 at 17:04.

22. Link to Post #853
    Thanks

The official stance on the pandemic:
    (The underlined portions are edits to the original post.)

The virus is real and it is deadly.

A response is not only warranted but necessary.

The World Health Organization must be heeded because they are best positioned for a united global response, as is their mandate.

Asymptomatic carriers are a threat to the population.

Masks provide a measure of protection, to slow the rate of infection and keep hospitals from being overrun.

Lock down also slows the rate of infection.

Herd immunity most likely will never be reached.

Lock down and other protective measures must continue until an effective vaccine is introduced and administered to all the world's population or until there are no new cases (RO<1).

To achieve this goal, the careful management of the infected must continue and safeguards against further infection must be a priority.

Financial interests and the future of the world economy are unfortunate casualties of this epidemic .

The cost of each death is a closely guarded secret, directly related to the handling of the epidemic, both in terms of health care costs and the impact on the economy, and will be prohibitive but unavoidable.

Only external medical intervention can help. There's nothing any individual can do except wear masks and stay at home.

I think it is very important to understand where the general population falls in this debate because, like it or not, most people believe the official narrative, even if they are suspicious of particular portions of that story. We cannot just continually run around hacking at the branches. This is the official story, we must first acknowledge that reality, so we can approach this with some amount of professionalism. The holes in the story are already quite evident even from this list. Not to mention the illogical inconsistencies or the downright falsity of some of the claims.

Now each point can be debated, comparisons can be made and some coherency can be achieved.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 26th July 2020 at 19:19.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Billy Vasiliadis (27th July 2020), greybeard (26th July 2020)

24. Link to Post #854
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I had a shingles Vaccination before all this hullabaloo started.
    For some unknown reason I went on line to check the ingredients.
    I was horrified well at least as near as I get to that.
    My hope is vaccine enthusiasts read this --its not on the label.
    Chris

https://www.dmlawfirm.com/shingles-v...c-ingredients/

Shingles Vaccine Troubling Ingredients
    ZostovaxMany people who at least look at a thing and smell it before they eat it think nothing of having a mysterious liquid injected directly into their blood. Many who read food labels for every last ingredient have no idea what they are taking in a vaccine injection. The shingles vaccine, like every other, contains troubling ingredients that should give thinking people pause for reflection.

Some Common Vaccine Ingredients
    Procon.org lists vaccine ingredients (found in the final vaccine product), process ingredients (things used to create the vaccine that may or may not appear in the final product), and growth mediums (substances in which vaccines are grown) for vaccines approved by the FDA and recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC.) Controversial products used to make vaccines include African Green Monkey (Vero) cells, aluminum, cow products, Cocker Spaniel cells, formaldehyde, human fetal lung tissue cells, insect products, mouse brains.

Zostovax Shingles Vaccine Ingredients
    Merck’s Zostavax shingles vaccine includes monosodium L-glutamate (MSG), aborted fetal cells (MRC-5*), bovine calf serum (blood taken from “domestic” cattle), Neomycin (an antibiotic used to prevent or treat bacterial infections),

Aborted Fetal Cells?
    Can human beings who consider themselves “pro-life” take a guilt-free shingles vaccination? Would even those who are immune to moral arguments order anything on any menu anywhere if that ingredient were listed? It’s one thing to eat the veal calf meat of a tortured animal, but imbibing in human fetal tissue would seem beyond the pale for the morally upright.

*According to procon.org, MRC-5 (Medical Research Council 5) is a common vaccine ingredient “composed of human diploid cells (cells containing two sets of chromosomes) derived from the normal lung tissues of a 14-week-old male fetus aborted for ‘psychiatric reasons’ in 1966 in the United Kingdom, Eagle’s Basal Medium in Earle’s balanced salt solution with bovine serum.” Even those who might prefer to bend sinister from their lofty moral high ground by accepting the vaccine maker’s dubious implication that it’s ok to abort for ‘psychiatric reasons,’ even those folks may want to consider that being injected with a mentally damaged person’s DNA material may not be the “smartest” move they’ve ever made.

Possible side effects of ZOSTAVAX?
    Merck reports no moral repugnance, or even ambivalence, over its shingles Zostavax vaccine. Merck does, however, list “the most common side effects that people in the clinical studies reported after receiving the vaccine.” They include:

• redness, pain, itching, swelling, hard lump, warmth, or bruising at the shot site
    • headache
    • allergic reactions, which may be serious and may include difficulty in breathing or swallowing. If you have an allergic reaction, call your doctor right away.
    • chickenpox
    • fever
    • hives at the injection site
    • joint pain
    • muscle pain
    • nausea
    • rash
    • rash at the injection site
    • shingles (warned since 2015)
    • swollen glands near the injection site (that may last a few days to a few weeks)

Merck also warns that you should not get ZOSTAVAX if you:

• are allergic to any of its ingredients.
    • are allergic to gelatin or neomycin.
    • have a weakened immune system (immune deficiency, leukemia, lymphoma, HIV/AIDS).
    • take high doses of steroids by injection or by mouth.
    • are pregnant or plan to get pregnant

Shingles Vaccine Missing Warnings

Merck does not warn – as the company is not required to do so by the FDA – that the “effectiveness” of a vaccine is established not by how well the shot may work for the majority of its recipients. Effectiveness in a vaccine is determined solely by its being able to elicit an antibody response. If antibodies are produced following a vaccine, then that vaccine is determined to be “effective.” The presence of those antibodies, however, has no known causal relationship with whether or not that vaccination will offer protection against infection. If that language were in the “Warnings,” one wonders how many people would take this vaccine, or any other for that matter, without our daily avalanche of vaccine propaganda. It is certainly fair to ask how well this shingles vaccine works. It is fair to ask whether this vaccine is worth the risk of taking it.

RELATED

Shingles Vaccine? Really
    Shingles Vaccine Lawsuit
    Vaccines.ProCon.org
    Vaccines.procon.org/zoster

Here you go

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Harmony (27th July 2020), onevoice (27th July 2020), Sunny (27th July 2020)

26. Link to Post #855
    Madagascar Avalon Member silvanelf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 times in 299 posts

Maybe just another example of incompetence?

Patients Are Waiting Weeks for COVID-19 Test Results. Here's Why That's a Huge Problem

Quote This is bad enough, but the situation is made much worse with the widespread inability to get Covid-19 test results on a timely basis. The US has a duopoly in medical labs. Quest has said Covid-19 tests will have a reporting delay of 7 days. Labcorp has not been as specific but has ‘fessed up to its turnaround time for Covid-19 tests now being 1-2 days longer.

This matters because delays this long neutralize what little disease containment the US had. Early studies found the median time from exposure to showing symptoms is a bit over 5 days. Peak viral shedding appears to occur shortly before or at symptom onset. From what I can tell, people who have tested positive do tell family members and co-workers and others close to them, and those people usually do self-quarantine as best they can. Too late test results means this informal contact tracing is useless.
    https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020...ion-rises.html

Quote Quest, LabCorp and other private labs have struggled to expand quickly enough to meet demand as states expand their testing and cases soar across the nation. Officials for Quest, which handles about 130,000 tests daily in 20 laboratories, said its ability to expand has been limited by a global shortage of the machines and chemical reagents needed to perform COVID-19 testing.

On Monday, Quest announced that turnaround times had slowed to a week or more, up from three or four days in June. It also said some patients may face wait times of up to two weeks. Quest officials warned this week that could get worse as flu season starts this fall.

A wait of a week or more for results can make the tests moot, since few people, especially those without symptoms, are likely to remain quarantined that long — and if the test comes back positive, they may already be over the disease.
    https://khn.org/news/states-search-f...ting-backlogs/

27. The Following User Says Thank You to silvanelf For This Post:

Sunny (27th July 2020)

28. Link to Post #856
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The demand for tests escape me.
    Professionals including the WHO which declassified this in March back to no worse than seasonal Flu.
    Sweden has said no worse than Flu.
    Do we need even need Dr to tell us we have the flu and should stay home.

Swedish Covid-19 chief Anders Tegnell: judge me in a year

Sweden will be better placed than other countries to limit further waves and outbreaks because of higher immunity - IFR of Covid-19 in final account will be 0.1% to 0.5% - “and that is not radically different to what we see with the yearly flu” - Judge me in a year, he says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh9wso6bEAc

29. Link to Post #857
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Coronavirus: Vietnam evacuating 80,000 from city after three positive COVID-19 tests
    Sky News

Vietnam is evacuating 80,000 people, mostly local tourists, from the central city of Da Nang after three residents tested positive for coronavirus.

The Southeast Asian country is back on high alert after it confirmed its first community infections since April on Sunday.

The evacuation will take at least four days with domestic airlines operating approximately 100 flights daily from Da Nang
    to 11 Vietnamese cities, the government said in a statement.

Vietnam has imposed strict quarantine measures and carried out an aggressive and widespread testing programme during the pandemic.

The country is still closed to foreign tourism, but there had been a surge in domestic travellers looking to take advantage of discounted flights and holiday packages to local hotels and resorts.

Those returning from Da Nang to other parts of the country will be required to quarantine at home for 14 days, the health ministry said.

The three new cases on Sunday included a 17-year-old boy in the central province of Quang Ngai and a 71-year-old woman in Da Nang.

A 61-year-old man from Da Nang is also reported to have tested positive for the virus.

The evacuation of the city is part of the country's ongoing efforts to contain the COVID-19 outbreak.

Vietnam had gone 99 days in a row without community transmission before a 57-year old man was confirmed to have the virus on Saturday, according to state media.

Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc demanded drastic contact-tracing and large-scale testing in Da Nang, one of the major tourist destinations in Vietnam, on Saturday.

He also ordered prompt investigation and strict punishment of illegal entrants into the country, especially in Da Nang and Quang Nam Province.

On Sunday, state media said police in Da Nang had arrested a 42-year-old Chinese man it said was the head of a criminal group which helps people illegally enter Vietnam from China.

Authorities have not officially linked the new cases in Da Nang to illegal immigration.

The Da Nang Municipal People's Committee put one-metre social distancing rules in place on Saturday which were applicable from 1pm the same day.

The three cases brought the country's total to 420 on Sunday, according to the Johns Hopkins University.

Vietnam has no recorded deaths from the virus.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (28th July 2020)

31. Link to Post #858
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,283 times in 2,101 posts

? So, they found 3 people with the virus - so they are moving everyone else to another place? Won't they be moving some people who are carrying the virus and do not yet know it?

So much of the things that governments have done since the beginning of this pandemic seem to be ensuring that the virus spreads.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just have everyone self quarantine so it stops the spread?

Ahh ok,...I re-read the post. Locals going home to self quarantine - but still, why not just stay put rather than mix and mingle during evacuation?

If they all wear masks, they will be safe
    Last edited by Patient; 27th July 2020 at 09:04.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

ClearWater (28th July 2020), greybeard (27th July 2020)

33. Link to Post #859
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,407 times in 5,730 posts

When we feel something is really really really vital maybe we seem like a broken record to those who don't see from the same POV. That is why individual CHOICE is VITAL . Others don't care the same way we do about what we care about but we all care that we have freedom. It is up to US to maintain choice and up to everyone to keep their POV as their freedom. If we lose the freedom to stand alone and say YES. NO. about our own life and sense of TRUTH, what is life worth THEN?

Press conference from Doctors without fear.
    America's Frontline Doctors

Last edited by Delight; 27th July 2020 at 21:41.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

ClearWater (28th July 2020), onawah (27th July 2020)

35. Link to Post #860
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,612 times in 20,703 posts

A Grade 3 Vaccine-Related Adverse Event is Serious
    by Marco Cáceres
    Published July 26, 2020
    Published by the National Vaccine Information Center
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YTiKTmbmgg

"When Moderna, Inc. announced on May 18, 2020 the results of a Phase I human clinical trial for its experimental mRNA-1273 vaccine for COVID-19, the biotechnology company said the vaccine had produced no “serious adverse events” (SAEs) among the 45 people who participated in the trial and that it considered the vaccine to be “generally safe” and “well-tolerated.” Moderna acknowledged that four (nine percent) of the trial participants suffered Grade 3 adverse events to its vaccine.1 2 3 4 5

In its report (published in The Lancet on May 22) on the results of a Phase I human clinical trial for its experimental Ad5-nCoV for COVID-19, CanSino Biologics, Inc. said it had noted no “serious adverse event” among the 108 trial participants. The Chinese biotech company, working in partnership with China’s Academy of Military Medical Sciences’ Institute of Biotechnology, acknowledged that 10 (nine percent) of the participants suffered Grade 3 adverse events to its vaccine.6 7 8

On July 20, Pfizer, Inc. and Germany’s BioNTech SE announced the results of their Phase I/II human clinical trial for their jointly-developed experimental BNT162b1 vaccine for COVID-19. The companies reported “no serious adverse events” among its 45 trial participants, although they did acknowledge that two (four percent) of the participants suffered Grade 3 adverse events to their vaccine.9 10 11 12

Almost 1 in 10 COVID-19 Trial Participants Suffered Serious Reactions
    A total of 198 healthy people participated in the Moderna, CanSino Biologics and Pfizer/BioNTech Phase I and Phase I/II clinical trials. The companies said no serious adverse events were experienced during the trials, and yet they acknowledged a total of 16 Grade 3 adverse events? How is that possible, given that a Grade 3 adverse event is defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as, “severe or medically significant but not immediately life-threatening; hospitalization or prolongation of hospitalization indicated; disabling; limiting self care” such as “bathing, dressing and undressing, feeding self, using the toilet, taking medications”?13

In other words, a Grade 3 adverse event is serious. It is only one grade removed from “life-threatening” (Grade 4) and just two grades from “death” (Grade 5).13 Of the 198 participants in the Moderna, CanSino Biologics and Pfizer/BioNTech clinical trials, 16 (eight percent) of them suffered serious adverse events. Imagine if those vaccines had been given to 100 million people, which could have resulted in some 8 million serious adverse events and many questions about potential long-term adverse health outcomes

Of the 198 participants in the Moderna, CanSino Biologics and Pfizer/BioNTech clinical trials, 16 (eight percent) of them suffered serious adverse events. Imagine if those vaccines had been given to 100 million people.

AstraZeneca and University of Oxford Report Zero Serious Adverse Events in Clinical Trial for Their COVID-19 Vaccine
    Most recently, the University of Oxford and British-Swiss pharmaceutical firm AstraZeneca plc reported the results of a Phase I/II human clinical trial for their experimental AZD1222 vaccine (formerly known as ChAdOx1 nCoV-19) for COVID-19. According to the results, published in The Lancet on July 20, there were no “serious adverse events” related to the vaccine among the 1,077 trial participants.14 15

A CNN headline about the Oxford/AstraZeneca clinical trial results read, “Oxford’s COVID-19 vaccine appears safe and induces immune response, early results suggest, but more research is needed.”

It appears safe?

References:

AstraZeneca, AZD1222, BioNTech, Cansino Biologics, ChAdOx1 nCoV-19, Department of Health and Human Services, Grade 3 adverse events, Marco Cáceres, Moderna, mRNA-1273, National Vaccine Information Center, NVIC, Pfizer, The Lancet, The Vaccine Reaction, University of Oxford

Note: This commentary provides referenced information and perspective on a topic related to vaccine science, policy, law or ethics being discussed in public forums and by U.S. lawmakers. The websites of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) provide information and perspective of federal agencies responsible for vaccine research, development, regulation and policymaking.
    Each breath a gift...

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Chester (4th August 2020), Franny (27th July 2020), Harmony (28th July 2020), onevoice (28th July 2020), Sunny (30th July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 275 FirstFirst 1 33 43 53 93 143 275 LastLast