+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1 10 20 31 LastLast

Thread: Covid19: Don't trust the statistics (or the science re the tests/the cause of the sickness)

1. Link to Post #181
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,971 times in 308 posts

Default Re: Covid19: Don't trust the statistics (or the science re the tests/the cause of the sickness)

Love peace and joy to all!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gnostic9 For This Post:

DeDukshyn (18th April 2020), graciousb (17th April 2020), Ioneo (18th April 2020), Luke Holiday (18th April 2020), toppy (18th April 2020)

3. Link to Post #182
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 times in 205 posts

Default Re: Covid19: Don't trust the statistics (or the science re the tests/the cause of the sickness)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ioneo For This Post:

toppy (18th April 2020)

5. Link to Post #183
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,284 times in 639 posts

I remember back in the 80s that true names was used of politicians like "Kriegsminister", have you ever heard 99 luftballongs by Nena ?
    Thats the true name of what a war starting person in power should be called "Minister of War"

but it became "unsexy" over the years so nowdays it's called the oposite

Intresting how just change a word, and its all of a sudden OK to go and kill people all over the world in the name of defense and to protect freedom.
    So I suggest theese name changes

US Department of Defense
    is US Department of War

United states Strategic Command Center for Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction
    United states Strategic Command Center for "Creation of" Weapons of Mass Destruction

And in theese days we have Bio"war"labs doing evil, calling themselves Bio"war"protection labs

Everyone knows they are doing it, thanks for nothing dear Bio war protection lab for killing us slowly now.

** the US biowarfare program is global, deadly, & constantly on an offensive footing. with liaisons in all US intelligence agencies & all branches of the military, it is able to quickly & expertly unleash biological weapons on unsuspecting populations without the resulting epidemics & suffering being traced back to Washington. coronavirus has all the hallmarks of being one of these operations. **
    Last edited by Rawhide68; 18th April 2020 at 06:38.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

shaberon (18th April 2020), silvanelf (18th April 2020)

7. Link to Post #184
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Something personal.
    Many years ago I had a sledging accident and burst my spleen which had to be removed.
    As a consequence I got double pneumonia and nearly died, injections of penicillin saved my life.
    Why is it not used for this virus when breathing get really difficult through a form of pneumonia?
    Would I have tested positive for the current virus and if died would that have gone down on my death certificate?
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

celticwarrior (18th April 2020), shaberon (18th April 2020), T Smith (19th April 2020)

9. Link to Post #185
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,495 times in 4,009 posts

Quote Posted by Rawhide68 (here)
    I remember back in the 80s that true names was used of politicians like "Kriegsminister", have you ever heard 99 luftballongs by Nena ?
    Luftballoon = "flying balloon", i. e. a bomber, not "red balloon" as was given in English; the English version generally toning down the obviously anti-war stance of the original.

Now if most of the disease problems are in nursing homes and prisons, we find at a prison swamped with over 250 cases that 98% of those positives had no symptoms.

"...this could mean many people are walking around North Carolina in the public with no signs of infections or sickness."

"Doctors said they are concerned as social distancing loosens, those who show no signs of the virus could potential spread it more quickly."

We have finally surpassed the "expected seasonal flu deaths" by only a few, so, while admitting there may be something "slightly above average" here, this is still something like an already-universally-distributed infection that harms almost no one. What do you mean there "could" be people going around with no signs, or there is a chance to spread it to someone else who probably will not be affected??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

greybeard (18th April 2020)

11. Link to Post #186
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Shaberon you are right we have passed the normal flu season but its possible lockdown has extended it
    Chris

12. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

shaberon (18th April 2020)

13. Link to Post #187
    Language
    English
    Thanks

2020 Virus outbreak 02| The difference between dying FROM and dying WITH the Virus | Health | Adrian

14. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

shaberon (18th April 2020)

15. Link to Post #188
    Thanks

Yes the confinement may have reverse consequences itself.

An early study from Stanford suggests coronavirus is everywhere, "...if SARS-Cov-2 is already endemic in the population there is nothing we can do to stop it but no great reason to try to stop it, either: it has already ripped its way through the population with only a small proportion showing any symptoms."

A former Washington insider view suggests the efforts should have been spent towards the small number of vulnerable versus interrupting the lives of millions:

"The New York data, in fact, show that Covid-19 almost pinpointedly attacks the old, the frail, and the medically vulnerable, not the general population....the 1.64 million residents of New York over 69 years old account for just 0.5% of the US population, but have suffered 30% of the nation’s deaths WITH Covid."

[that uses the same terminology Chris just posted, FROM and WITH]

Instead of tossing trillions into a broken economy where, at the very least, "big creditors will eat small debtors", a fraction of that could have been used to separate and focus on the quite small number of people who needed it.

That is the story that seems to be emerging, highly contagious everywhere, but nothing really to be done for the general population. Instead of "doing something" in November, there was a period of, shall we say, business adjustment, before "doing something" at kind of the last minute before it becomes obviously the wrong idea, if we can realistically say there is no emergency at large.
    Last edited by shaberon; 18th April 2020 at 21:50.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

greybeard (18th April 2020), T Smith (19th April 2020)

17. Link to Post #189
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon is saying that Scotland is having different results from the rest of UK and may devolve its own exit strategy.
    I am hopeful that Scotland will get back to work sooner rather than later-- there seem to be clear indication in her latest talk that this is the case.
    Of course I did e mail her my concerns --smilng.
    Chris

18. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

shaberon (19th April 2020)

19. Link to Post #190
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

April 17, 2020 FLORIDA OPENS UP SOME BEACHES

It's going to be increasingly obvious what a farce this has all been when nothing worse happens where things open up while other states right next door are still ruining lives, rights and imposing draconian inhumane restrictions across it's invisible line.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/fl...irus-closures/

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Basho (19th April 2020), greybeard (19th April 2020), Philippe (19th April 2020), T Smith (19th April 2020)

21. Link to Post #191
    Thanks

rarely post but check daily been collating post data seems we have the usual suspects posting their agenda good luck with that

22. Link to Post #192
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,676 posts

This video was posted in another thread but its information is so important it warrants duplication here:

Below are the important takeaways:

• 11:50 mark: PCR testing completely inaccurate and false science
    • 13:10 mark: CDC and regulatory authorities literally lying to media every day (as a scientist only concerned with facts Dr. Bush seems genuinely confused and baffled by this and proffers his listeners no explanation, i.e. any speculation regarding agenda clearly beyond his pay grade...)
    • 13:25 mark: Current authorities and media explanations regarding pandemic statistics defies immunology 101 (again, doesn't understand why); no scientist would ever think to create population statistics from PCR testing
    • 13:53 mark: For some reason we're manipulating the data and using it unscientifically to a degree that we've never done before when scientifically analyzing and studying past pandemics
    • 20:00 mark: Serology testing, when conducted en masse, will be embarrassing to the current narrative and show the current statistics are radically wrong
    • 28:50 mark: Data of people dying is bizarrely being hidden and kept from scientists to study, e.g., crew ship data, death demographics, etc., which would help determine real nature of pandemic. PTB and regulatory agencies keeping data behind locked doors. (There is something in the data they don't want scientists/public to understand. What are they hiding?)

Last edited by T Smith; 19th April 2020 at 05:50.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Basho (19th April 2020), Constance (19th April 2020), Deux Corbeaux (19th April 2020), greybeard (19th April 2020), leavesoftrees (19th April 2020), Philippe (19th April 2020), Reinhard (19th April 2020), Richard S. (19th April 2020), Sunny (19th April 2020)

24. Link to Post #193
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,676 posts

Quote Posted by waves (here)

It's going to be increasingly obvious what a farce this has all been when nothing worse happens where things open up while other states right next door are still ruining lives, rights and imposing draconian inhumane restrictions across it's invisible line.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/fl...irus-closures/

Sadly, I'm not convinced this is how it will go down. My feeling is States that open up will be subject to a deadly "second wave", fueled entirely by an aggressive Ministry of Truth campaign employing blatantly fabricated statistics. The public relations message being, "I-told-you-so!!" shouted loudly and unabashedly into our collective heads, i.e., PCR testing will suddenly ramp up and test anyone with as little as a "seasonal allergy" as COVID-19 positive; every myocardial infarction, hang-gliding accident, or gunshot wound resulting in unexpected death will be attributed to a rise of second-wave COVID-19 death statistics...all because said foolish state couldn't remain on lockdown... shame on them for valuing greed over safety!

It is getting apparent by the day how gullible and manipulatable the public is when rendered to a state of utter fear...
    Last edited by T Smith; 19th April 2020 at 05:51.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Basho (19th April 2020), greybeard (19th April 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th April 2020), Philippe (19th April 2020), Sue (Ayt) (19th April 2020)

26. Link to Post #194
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    This video was posted in another thread but its information is so important it warrants duplication here:

Below are the important takeaways:

....]
    T Smith. Thanks for sharing this here. Dr. Zach Bush made a very interesting comment on his FB page. This is what he shared:

"The current global situation may seem hopeless, but let's take another look.

It is just a quagmire of old dudes that have entangled themselves badly.

They think they have controlled for everything, to control everything, but at their moment of victory the path opens up beneath them, and the people run into the future ahead, co-creating something freaking beautiful.

The old dudes can party on in their rusting infrastructure comparing the number of digital zeros in their virtual bank accounts with no humanity around to bother them. Everyone's happy."

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

araucaria (19th April 2020), greybeard (19th April 2020), justntime2learn (19th April 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th April 2020), Rawhide68 (20th April 2020), Reinhard (19th April 2020), T Smith (19th April 2020)

28. Link to Post #195
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,284 times in 639 posts

I know this is in Swedish (with no subtitles unfortunately) but it's so important so It needs to be put up here at the forum anyway

"An explosive interview with physician and alternative therapist Mikael Nordfors about the corruption that follows in the wake of the Corona pandemic"

If anyone know how to translate it plz do so!

Last edited by Rawhide68; 19th April 2020 at 15:17.

29. Link to Post #196
    Thanks

Quote Posted by waves (here)
    For the time being, Florida has made it next to impossible to enter the state from elsewhere. That is why someone is stuck here. It is the worst part of lockdown--domestic. Really wearing me down.

A Massachusetts nose test finds antibodies in 1/3 of the population.

Again it looks to me like "do nothing" with the knowledge for a few months, followed by the largest wealth transfer in history disguised behind public safety, followed by the lack of an actual emergency.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Agape (19th April 2020), Basho (21st April 2020), justntime2learn (21st April 2020), T Smith (19th April 2020), wondering (25th April 2020)

31. Link to Post #197
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,241 times in 4,595 posts

Yes it seems that many independent organizations started to collect big money now, with help of various media outlets of course “to help victims of coronavirus”.
    No matter what news page I’ve opened of recent, the adds are popping up, sometimes in indecent manner.

The more disturbing piece of news of recent though suppressed and labeled “highly controversial” is that this viral chimera really is a bioweapon. If I say that we all thought about it as such from the very beginning but suspected self from paranoia I’m still a suspect

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.tim...w/75227989.cms

This is just one article among many of today but voices are rising ..

My own speculations about it are that it really “did not start in Wuhan” (as the author of the article claims) and the very Chinese government do not have all the information but they should make all they know available, no matter how controversial it may sound.

In my vague speculations it could have been created in one of the “underground” top-notch labs run by rogue billionaire mafia from places like Hongkong or Taiwan ( again, without association with any of the legal governments so don’t read me wrongly) that are illegal but best equipped where “everything is allowed”.
    Such groups and laboratories do exist, scientists and other personnel working in them are highly qualified working in utmost secrecy by “mafia laws” basically,
    they are permitted to experiment “in vitro and in vivo” , hack embryos, create chimera organisms, new types of drugs of all kinds and so forth.

It could be- my speculation again- that one of these magnate groups intended to take over the standing Chinese regime and government that is almost invincible by “normal means” otherwise.

The “thing” called Covid 19 has been more virulent than any other natural pathogen so far, spreading too fast.

It’s for that very reason India has basically treated it as potential bioweapon since the very beginning and carriers of the virus are actively sought and hunted for,
    borders of states, districts and towns are closed,
    the only way we have prevented far far bigger spread and damage to the vulnerable populace.

True or not, there is no normal means we can find out.

If it is true the laboratory and its scientists are probably well isolated (and guarded) or, as someone would say “buried alive”.

In either case someone has committed “pure evil” and “clean crime” against humanity, helping the depopulation agenda and take over by the next generation of bank holders.

Sorry if I don’t have the name for everything neither I’m searching for those names in my mind since it’s quite meaningless.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Anka (20th April 2020), greybeard (19th April 2020), kfm27917 (24th April 2020), wondering (25th April 2020)

33. Link to Post #198
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

Top Israeli prof claims simple stats show virus plays itself out after 70 days

Isaac Ben-Israel, who is not a medical expert, says analysis worldwide shows new cases peaking after about 40 days, slams economic closures; leading doctor dismisses his claims

A prominent Israeli mathematician, analyst and former general claims simple statistical analysis demonstrates that the spread of COVID-19 peaks after about 40 days and declines to almost zero after 70 days — no matter where it strikes, and no matter what measures governments impose to try to thwart it.

Prof Isaac Ben-Israel, head of the Security Studies program in Tel Aviv University and the chairman of the National Council for Research and Development, told Israel’s Channel 12 (Hebrew) Monday night that research he conducted with a fellow professor, analyzing the growth and decline of new cases in countries around the world, showed repeatedly that “there’s a set pattern” and “the numbers speak for themselves.”

While he said he supports social distancing, the widespread shuttering of economies worldwide constitutes a demonstrable error in light of those statistics. In Israel’s case, he noted, about 140 people normally die every day. To have shuttered much of the economy because of a virus that is killing one or two a day is a radical error that is unnecessarily costing Israel 20% of its GDP, he charged.

A prominent Israeli mathematician, analyst and former general claims simple statistical analysis demonstrates that the spread of COVID-19 peaks after about 40 days and declines to almost zero after 70 days — no matter where it strikes, and no matter what measures governments impose to try to thwart it.

Prof Isaac Ben-Israel, head of the Security Studies program in Tel Aviv University and the chairman of the National Council for Research and Development, told Israel’s Channel 12 (Hebrew) Monday night that research he conducted with a fellow professor, analyzing the growth and decline of new cases in countries around the world, showed repeatedly that “there’s a set pattern” and “the numbers speak for themselves.”

While he said he supports social distancing, the widespread shuttering of economies worldwide constitutes a demonstrable error in light of those statistics. In Israel’s case, he noted, about 140 people normally die every day. To have shuttered much of the economy because of a virus that is killing one or two a day is a radical error that is unnecessarily costing Israel 20% of its GDP, he charged.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email and never miss our top stories
    Free Sign Up

Prof. Gabi Barbash, a hospital director and the former Health Ministry director general, insisted in a bitter TV exchange that Ben-Israel is mistaken, and that the death tolls would have been far higher if Israel and other countries had not taken the steps they did.

But Ben-Israel said the figures — notably from countries, such as Singapore, Taiwan, and Sweden, which did not take such radical measures to shutter their economies — proved his point. (He also released a paper to this effect, with graphs showing the trajectories.)

When Barbash cited New York as ostensible proof that Ben-Israel was mistaken, Ben-Israel noted the latest indications from New York were precisely in line with his statistics that indicate daily new cases figures peaking and starting to fall after about 40 days.

Asked to explain the phenomenon, Ben-Israel, who also heads Israel’s Space Agency, later said: “I have no explanation. There are all kinds of speculations. Maybe it’s related to climate, or the virus has a life-span of its own.”

He said the policy of lockdowns and closures was a case of “mass hysteria.” Simple social distancing would be sufficient, he said.

If the lockdowns instituted in Israel and elsewhere were not causing such immense economic havoc, there wouldn’t be a problem with them, he said. “But you shouldn’t be closing down the entire country when most of the population is not at high risk.”

Asked to explain why the virus had caused such a high death toll in countries such as Italy, he said the Italian health service was already overwhelmed. “It collapsed in 2017 because of the flu,” he said.

Barbash, speaking after Ben-Israel had left the studio, insisted that “we’re going to be living with the coronavirus for the next year.”

He added: “I strongly urge that we not let mathematicians — who know nothing about biology — determine when we lift the lockdown.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/top-is...timqPao78leu_0

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

gini (21st April 2020), greybeard (21st April 2020), pueblo (26th April 2020), Richard S. (21st April 2020), wondering (25th April 2020)

35. Link to Post #199
    Language
    English
    Thanks

World Health Organisation chief warns 'worst yet ahead of us' in coronavirus pandemic

Evening Standard Sean Morrison,Evening Standard

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/world-heal...191700932.html

The World Health Organisation’s chief has warned that "the worst is yet ahead of us" in the coronavirus pandemic.

WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus did not specify why he believes the outbreak could get worse, but he and others have previously pointed to the likely spread of the illness through Africa, where health systems are less developed.

His remarks will likely revive alarm, just as many countries ease restrictive measures aimed at reducing the spread of the virus that has infected 2.5 million people and killed more than 166,000.

"Trust us. The worst is yet ahead of us," he told reporters from WHO headquarters in Geneva. "Let's prevent this tragedy. It's a virus that many people still don't understand."

Some Asian and European governments have gradually eased or started relaxing lockdown measures like quarantines, school and business closures and restrictions on public gatherings, citing a decline in the growth of Covid-19 case counts and deaths.

Mr Tedros and his agency have been on the defensive after President Donald Trump of the US - the WHO's biggest single donor - last week ordered a halt to US funding for the agency.

The US leader alleged that the organisation botched the early response to the outbreak.

Among other things, Mr Trump insisted the WHO had failed to adequately share "in a timely and transparent" way information about the outbreak after it erupted in China late last year.

Mr Tedros said: "There is no secret in WHO because keeping things confidential or secret is dangerous. It's a health issue.

"This virus is dangerous. It exploits cracks between us when we have differences."

He said US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention staff have been seconded to work with his agency, suggesting that was a sign of the WHO's transparency.

"Having CDC staff means there is nothing hidden from the US from day one" Mr Tedros said. "Our CDC colleagues also know that we give information immediately to anyone."

In one of his starkest comparisons yet, the UN health agency chief also alluded to the Spanish Flu more than a century ago.

He said the coronavirus has a "very dangerous combination... like the 1918 flu that killed up to 100 million people".

Mr Tedros called the illness "Public Enemy Number One" and said: "We have been warning from day one: this is a devil that everybody should fight."

So how exactly would he know its going to get worse? -- much talk of second wave.

Chris

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (21st April 2020), Icare (25th April 2020), kfm27917 (24th April 2020), Sunny (22nd April 2020), wondering (25th April 2020)

37. Link to Post #200
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Peter Hitchens: Hysterical reaction to Covid19 & public support of lockdown is scary & dangerous

•Premiered on 17 Apr 2020

This week on #SWYSI, Peter Hitchens attacks the UK government's Coronavirus lockdown policy ("the Great Panic") and explains why its enthusiastic embrace by the British public disturbs him greatly. From the outset, Hitchens maintained that restricting civil liberties, locking down a healthy population, and stalling a healthy economy are very dangerous -- and reckless -- activities that risk irreparable harm to individuals, society and the nation. Indeed, he argues that they are a threat to our very way of life.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Icare (25th April 2020), shaberon (22nd April 2020), wondering (25th April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1 10 20 31 LastLast