+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Colony' (hidden in plain sight on Netflix...)

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,052 times in 646 posts

Default 'Colony' (hidden in plain sight on Netflix...)

Anyone seen "Colony" on Netflix...?

Bored in Lockdown, stumbled across this and started watching it

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4209256/?ref_=vp_vi_tt

if you were to swap the antagonist from "hosts" to "virus", certainly makes you wonder...

Watching the first episode for something new to watch, it fairly makes for unsettling
    viewing. Id be interested in other people's opinions of it. The show was actually cancelled after 1 series.

ID checks, road blocks, drones, homeland security, incursion, kids in labour camps and more, yes its a fictional drama, set in the future, but watching episode one it fairly sends a shiver down your spine working on a similar narrative to current events unfolding in the world today....

Anyone seen it? What did you think?
    Last edited by scotslad; 6th April 2020 at 21:50.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Agape (8th April 2020), Bill Ryan (6th April 2020), chancy (6th April 2020), Franny (4th July 2020), happyuk (6th April 2020), Icare (7th April 2020), sunflower (4th July 2020), Tintin (6th April 2020), toppy (7th April 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,262 times in 2,098 posts

Default Re: 'Colony' (hidden in plain sight on Netflix...)

I thought it was ok, but I thought they did 2 seasons?

Worth watching though.

I recently watched "Locke and Key". Currently had one season and I am hoping for season 2.

It is based off a graphic comic. It is a cool idea for a storyline and it is well made. It might not appeal to everyone, but it is a cool fantasy/mystery old house story. I enjoyed it so much I watched it a couple times over.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Patient For This Post:

scotslad (6th April 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Hello Everyone:

I watched the full amount of episode of the Colony? I am not sure why they discontinued it? I like a good sci fi but it appears that when I like something it get axed. Whoever makes the decision to stop a series thinks completely different than myself as a viewer.

I am not saying it was the greatest scifi BUT it had some things about it that I really enjoyed. You were always kept on the edge of your chair. An example when the drones don't kill 2 of the main characters and you have no idea why? Even after watching the complete series I have questions about some of the things that happened in the series that were never answered.
    I looked forward every week to see the next episode! I liked the wall and what it represented. I liked that there was a high archy of humans that thought they were special BUT they really weren't. They bought into the promise of living when in actuality they were sent off to work on the moon also.
    The "visitors" needed humans to work and that's the only reason we were left alive.
    I loved the resistance and all the times they won small battles against the "visitors"

All in all I would give the series a conservative 8 out of 10. I am not politically correct so I overlooked anything that didn't matter to make a good series.
    I can seem someone wanting to control the world wouldn't like this movie because of the resistance alone and how well they did with really nothing....

It's well worth the watch for entertainment!!

Enjoy
    chancy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chancy For This Post:

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Watched both seasons, predictive programing for blue beam if you ask me.
    Last edited by Savannah; 6th April 2020 at 23:48.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,262 times in 2,098 posts

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    I thought it was ok, but I thought they did 2 seasons?

Worth watching though.

I recently watched "Locke and Key". Currently had one season and I am hoping for season 2.

It is based off a graphic comic. It is a cool idea for a storyline and it is well made. It might not appeal to everyone, but it is a cool fantasy/mystery old house story. I enjoyed it so much I watched it a couple times over.
    So anyone watch Locke and Key?

I think it is a better escape than watching something that closer resembles our real life.

Or is that what more people are atttacted to?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Siphonemis (8th April 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,052 times in 646 posts

re Locke and key started out ok, until they started putting keys in the back of each other's heads

12. Link to Post #7
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,402 times in 646 posts

Colony has/had 3 seasons altogether on Netflix (still available there). They have a sad history of cancelling many good shows. It definitely ended on a cliffhanger then.
    In the first season it was not even certain that it was ET/Aliens who did that as you never saw them, some had the theory that their suppressors was the Elites / a Breakaway civilisation with superior technology. Then in season 3 after all it went into full alien wars (two species against each other with Earth as a battle field) but it was still good imv. Would have deserved another season to bring it to a better end.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

scotslad (4th July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread