+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst 1 11 21 31 37 LastLast

Thread: Look Who's Coming to the Rescue! Bill Gates...

1. Link to Post #401
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,630 times in 20,810 posts

Default Re: Look Who's Coming to the Rescue! Bill Gates...

In March 2015, Bill Gates showed an image of the coronavirus during a TED Talk and told the audience that it was what the greatest catastrophe of our time would look like. The real threat to life, he said, is “not missiles, but microbes.” When the coronavirus pandemic swept over the earth like a tsunami five years later, he revived the war language, describing the pandemic as “a world war.”

“The coronavirus pandemic pits all of humanity against the virus,” he said.
    In fact, the pandemic is not a war. The pandemic is a consequence of war. A war against life. The mechanical mind connected to the money machine of extraction has created the illusion of humans as separate from nature, and nature as dead, inert raw material to be exploited. But, in fact, we are part of the biome. And we are part of the virome. The biome and the virome are us. When we wage war on the biodiversity of our forests, our farms and in our guts, we wage war on ourselves.

The health emergency of the coronavirus is inseparable from the health emergency of extinction, the health emergency of biodiversity loss and the health emergency of the climate crisis. All of these emergencies are rooted in a mechanistic, militaristic, anthropocentric worldview that considers humans separate from — and superior to — other beings. Beings we can own, manipulate and control. All of these emergencies are rooted in an economic model based on the illusion of limitless growth and limitless greed, which violate planetary boundaries, and destroy the integrity of ecosystems and individual species.

New diseases arise because a globalized, industrialized, inefficient agriculture invades habitats, destroys ecosystems, and manipulates animals, plants and other organisms with no respect for their integrity or their health. We are linked worldwide through the spread of diseases like the coronavirus because we have invaded the homes of other species, manipulated plants and animals for commercial profits and greed, and cultivated monocultures. As we clear-cut forests, as we turn farms into industrial monocultures that produce toxic, nutritionally empty commodities, as our diets become degraded through industrial processing with synthetic chemicals and genetic engineering, and as we perpetuate the illusion that earth and life are raw materials to be exploited for profits, we are indeed connecting. But instead of connecting on a continuum of health by protecting biodiversity, integrity and self-organization of all living beings, including humans, we are connected through disease.

Read more: Bill Gates’ Global Agenda and How We Can Stop the Machine and Defend Our Humanity
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

avid (30th September 2020), Bluegreen (1st October 2020), ClearWater (30th September 2020), Elainie (30th September 2020), Franny (8th November 2020), greybeard (30th September 2020), Harmony (2nd October 2020), Hym (30th September 2020), Icare (4th October 2020)

3. Link to Post #402
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,168 times in 10,101 posts

Bill Gates' Public Image

From "Citations Needed" with Nima Shirazi and Adam Johnson
    Twitter @CitationsPod, Facebook @Citations Needed

"Bill Gates, I think it’s fair to say, has probably some of the best public relations on earth. Polls show that he’s broadly liked. Most of the coverage, the vast, vast majority coverage is completely fluffy. What we’re going to sort of try to show is that that is not solely based on the objective merits of his work, but as part of a broader media influence regime, which is pretty tremendous when you stop and take a look at it. So let’s begin by kind of establishing the stakes. The reach of Gates’ influences is not just on how much money he gives, but it’s the prospect inspector of getting the money in the future.

The Gates Foundation in the past few years has given, this is solely to media outlets, $4 million to the BBC and $5.7 million to The Guardian; he funds the entire global development vertical at The Guardian. And by the way, this is annual gifts. He’s given $100,000 to Le Monde, $1 million to Al Jazeera, $2.7 million to NPR and PRI, about a million dollars to the Canadian media giant Post Media Network, $800,000 to Univision, $300,000 to MTV, VH1 and BET, $1.3 million to Universal Media LLC and $2 million to the Participant Media Foundation, which is a shell foundation that was used to finance the film Waiting for Superman, which heavily featured Gates singing the praises of charter schools without of course noting he funded the film, so that’s just kind of a cursory review of the amount of money he gives media, which is not a ton of money, but when you look at how cash strapped a lot of media outlets are ... it's a lot of money."

Podcast & Transcript:
    https://medium.com/@CitationsPodcst/...a-b1f8e0fe092f

CDAN - Today's Blind Items - Placebo
    Thursday, Oct 1, 2020

"This A+ list very wealthy guy who I have written about in this space before who pays off PR companies and media companies with donations to their charities through his famous one is at it again. This time the donation is to a group that defends certain practices half a world away. The reason they do so is because this very wealthy man through one of his companies is using the population in that region of the world as guinea pigs. The people just don't know it. They are fighting against the company and the wealthy man but not for the reasons they should. He is messing with their food to see if it is safe for humans to consume it. If it is, then it goes to the rest of the world. If it isn't, they move on and try something else. Is this really the guy you want in charge of dealing with the world's health issues?"

Posted by ent lawyer at 10:10 AM 71 Comments  

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2...nd-item-9.html

. ."Of course there's a catch. There always is."

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (12th October 2020), Harmony (2nd October 2020), justntime2learn (1st October 2020), muxfolder (2nd October 2020)

5. Link to Post #403
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,700 times in 200 posts

Default Bill Gates finally tells the truth [FUNNY]

I am not sure if has been posted elsewhere. But it is very well done satire that hits all the right buttons...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to holcaul For This Post:

alexius (16th December 2020), Eram (4th October 2020), gord (16th September 2021), Reinhard (16th December 2020)

7. Link to Post #404
    Language
    Thanks

• How Your Post COVID Life Will Be Controlled By Rockefeller, Clinton Foundation & Bill Gates Funded Apps
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. Link to Post #405
    Language
    Thanks

Angry Re: Look Who's Coming to the Rescue! Bill Gates...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

ClearWater (14th October 2020), Harmony (8th November 2020)

10. Link to Post #406
    Language
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Look Who's Coming to the Rescue! Bill Gates...

Bill Gates - The Man Behind The Syringe - (Mini Documentary):

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/GDJCVnY5olVZ

Bill Gates Epstein Ties Make COVID Vaccine Sinister:

Which Is Worse: King George III's Stamp Act or Bill Gates III's Digital Certificates?
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 3rd November 2020 at 19:47.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Elainie (30th October 2020)

12. Link to Post #407
    Language
    Thanks

• Bill Gates congratulates Biden, Harris, looks forward to getting 'surging pandemic under control'
    Sure he does.

⚠️ Research: tinyurl.com/The-Covid-Cult
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 15th November 2020 at 01:03.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

justntime2learn (8th November 2020), onawah (8th November 2020), Philippe (7th November 2020)

14. Link to Post #408
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Quote Posted by Mark Tuahmen (here)
    Thank you ExomatrixTV. Many peoples hate Mr Gates but I like him. I met him in Paris accidentally in 1993 and he was pure delight - though work way too hard. Love classical music, Beatles, U2. I also love! Mr Gates has done many good things but people choose to see only conspiracy. He help so many in Africa and trying to help with so many diseases and engineering problems. Don't hate him, see what's good with him. Without him, no PC life! Why hate just because billionaire? Madness! He give away so much to make world better place. What would you do if billionaire that was better? Bill Gates human being just like you and me. You believe in oneness, then you must see something of good in Bill Gates. Want you to hate someone, then hate ordinary human beings who remain ignorant of own minds.

Population control necessary for human survival and survival of other beings. Unsustainable. People who talk of this are not so crazy. We need people like Mr Gates to make choices, not crazy conspiracy peoples who offer no solutions! People love Elon Musk but he cover Earth in Starlink and do all kinds of technical things that make Earth suffer. Try to escape Earth without solving problems. Bill try to solve human problems.

Reconsider Bill Gates. Where your hate really come from?

Is this a joke? If it is please accept my apologies for what I am writing below this line.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure you got zero knowledge about Gates.
    What you said about PC it a total nonsense BS, what about UNIX? it existed a way back, Gates for a programmer he is a great sales man, ask everyone that worked close to him (the ones that managed to still alive of course) HAHA.
    I could bash/troll/bully/abuse you from one side to another for hours (I am joking of course) I won't do that for another human fella, never, but please do your homework before posting here, because texts like the one you posted is like a needle in my brain, it hurts a lot, please do not do it again, respect everyone's intelligence here. please!

Do not take me wrong, but what you posted here is a ton of useless garbage, please meditate on what you did and do not parrot data, it is offensive and some people won't take it lightly.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

East Sun (20th November 2020), ExomatrixTV (9th November 2020)

16. Link to Post #409
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    Quote Posted by Mark Tuahmen (here)
    Thank you ExomatrixTV. Many peoples hate Mr Gates but I like him. I met him in Paris accidentally in 1993 and he was pure delight - though work way too hard. Love classical music, Beatles, U2. I also love! Mr Gates has done many good things but people choose to see only conspiracy. He help so many in Africa and trying to help with so many diseases and engineering problems. Don't hate him, see what's good with him. Without him, no PC life! Why hate just because billionaire? Madness! He give away so much to make world better place. What would you do if billionaire that was better? Bill Gates human being just like you and me. You believe in oneness, then you must see something of good in Bill Gates. Want you to hate someone, then hate ordinary human beings who remain ignorant of own minds.

Population control necessary for human survival and survival of other beings. Unsustainable. People who talk of this are not so crazy. We need people like Mr Gates to make choices, not crazy conspiracy peoples who offer no solutions! People love Elon Musk but he cover Earth in Starlink and do all kinds of technical things that make Earth suffer. Try to escape Earth without solving problems. Bill try to solve human problems.

Reconsider Bill Gates. Where your hate really come from?

Is this a joke? If it is please accept my apologies for what I am writing below this line.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure you got zero knowledge about Gates.
    What you said about PC it a total nonsense BS, what about UNIX? it existed a way back, Gates for a programmer he is a great sales man, ask everyone that worked close to him (the ones that managed to still alive of course) HAHA.
    I could bash/troll/bully/abuse you from one side to another for hours (I am joking of course) I won't do that for another human fella, never, but please do your homework before posting here, because texts like the one you posted is like a needle in my brain, it hurts a lot, please do not do it again, respect everyone's intelligence here. please!

Do not take me wrong, but what you posted here is a ton of useless garbage, please meditate on what you did and do not parrot data, it is offensive and some people won't take it lightly.
    Quote He help so many in Africa
    Hmmmmm, i can totally see why you said this must be a joke. I do believe as well

"Let me help you become infertile, or die.. Which one would you like best? Those are the only two options by the way"

Quote We need people like Mr Gates to make choices,
    "He has billions, lots of money, so therefore he has better judgment than the rest of us, people with billions must make the choices for us"

The joke tells itself
    Last edited by Mashika; 8th November 2020 at 04:50.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Franny (8th November 2020), justntime2learn (8th November 2020), onawah (8th November 2020), palehorse (8th November 2020), Patient (8th November 2020)

18. Link to Post #410
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Look Who's Coming to the Rescue! Bill Gates...

19. Link to Post #411
    Language
    Thanks

"Trust Me, I'm A Doctor" - A Parody

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Patient (21st November 2020)

21. Link to Post #412
    Language
    Thanks

Control Freak Bill Gates backs $1bn Plan to Cover Earth in Video Surveillance (5G?) Satellites

Our planet will soon be surrounded by 500 satellites capable of real-time coverage of human activity and movement around the globe. The Orwellian surveillance “conspiracy theory” is confirmed once again.

Microsoft founder Bill Gates is bankrolling a company that plans on launching a $1 billion network of satellites to provide live-streaming coverage of almost “corner” of the earth.

EarthNow plans on launching 500 plus satellites into our atmosphere, providing its users with near instantaneous video feedback with only one second of delay.
    While this may sound like something from a futuristic sci-fi movie, it is very much a real thing.
    All a customer of the surveillance network would have to do is flip on their smart phone or tablet to get instant, live access to what’s going on in any part of the world.
    Users can watch the weather, detect forest fires the moment they start, watch volcanoes the instant they start to erupt and track the migration of large whales, the company boasts.

While that all sounds benevolent enough, users can also “observe conflict zones and respond immediately when crises arise, assist the media in telling stories from around the world, catch illegal fishing ships in the act, and instantly create “living” 3D models of a town or city, even in remote locations.”

The obvious big question is who are the “users” of this technology. According to Wikipedia, the company expects its initial customers to include “governments and large enterprises.”

EarthNow founder Russel Hannigan says his company’s simple objective is to “connect people visually with the Earth in real time.”

Not only is Gates backing the project, but so too are tech giants Softbank, Airbus and Greg Wyler.

The company expects a billion in funding but won’t disclose the value of what’s been contributed. Hannigan said the funding would cover the planning stage of the product.
    EarthNow isn’t the only one receiving money for out-of-this-world technologies. Since 2017, $2.9 billion has been allocated from 67 equity funds to further advance our exploration of space.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 23rd November 2020 at 00:08.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

avid (22nd November 2020), Elainie (22nd November 2020), Harmony (23rd November 2020), justntime2learn (23rd November 2020), Reinhard (27th November 2020), RunningDeer (22nd November 2020)

23. Link to Post #413
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,632 times in 2,653 posts

Military satellites can see a spider catch a fly on my garden wall already - in the ‘wrong hands’ one has no privacy anywhere in the world. 😡
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (22nd November 2020), Harmony (23rd November 2020), justntime2learn (23rd November 2020), Reinhard (27th November 2020), RunningDeer (22nd November 2020)

25. Link to Post #414
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,087 times in 20,639 posts

The obvious big question as I see it, rather, is: "what kind of frequencies and to what extent will the frequencies this technology will be emitting be affecting all life on the planet?
    Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    The obvious big question is who are the “users” of this technology. According to Wikipedia, the company expects its initial customers to include “governments and large enterprises.”
    Each breath a gift...

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alecs (23rd November 2020), ExomatrixTV (23rd November 2020), Harmony (23rd November 2020), Reinhard (27th November 2020)

27. Link to Post #415
    Language
    Thanks

New Definition Of Insanity: Having The Gates Vaccine:

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Reinhard (27th November 2020)

29. Link to Post #416
    Language
    Thanks

‘Why Are We Listening to Bill Gates?’

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/L11q5GjNcns2

In “This Week” with Mary Holland, Children’s Health Defense vice chair and general counsel, and Polly Tommey, co-producer of “Vaxxed,” Mary and Polly discuss predictions that COVID vaccines will be “brutal,” how Bill Gates has taken over public health … and more.

Source: Children's Health Defense.

🌐 http://tinyurl.com/BillGatesTyranny
    🌐 http://tinyurl.com/Bill-Gates-Event201
    🌐 http://tinyurl.com/Bill-Gates-Fake-Smile
    🌐 http://tinyurl.com/ArrestBillGates-Eng-Subs
    🌐 http://tinyurl.com/Bill-Gates-Exposed-on-CNN
    🌐 http://tinyurl.com/FactCheck-Vaccines-Bill-Gates

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Reinhard (27th November 2020)

31. Link to Post #417
    Language
    Thanks

Depopulation through forced vaccination: The Zero Carbon solution:

Rachel Windeer

On April 26th, 2009, the Irish Independent published an article titled ‘Concern for Children’s Health as Parents ignoring vaccines’. Edel Kennedy, you should be ashamed of yourself! This is nothing less than an attempt by government, through their puppets in the media, to remove the rights of parents to determine the life choices of their offspring and removes any doubt that we now live in a dictatorship.

This is an outrageous insult to every parent in the country who has the common sense to research the efficacy of vaccines themselves by simply looking at the historical record rather than trust politicians whose lies in the media, including those perpetrated by the Dept of Health under Mary Harney regarding the farce of ‘swine flu’ and the dangerous myth of HPV vaccination, have led the country into the abyss of utter poverty and sold the country into the communist grasp of European bureaucrats whose sole aim is the destruction of every member nation’s sovereignty leaving them clutching at the bailout begging bowl of the IMF.

Vaccines are a fraud; pure and simple!

The historical record proves this for anyone with a little patience and the courage to investigate the facts for themselves, and it does take courage, especially for those in the medical profession whose careers will be at risk if they dare expose this danger to our children. It also shatters their illusions that they’re part of an organisation which is far from beneficial to those they believe they’ re protecting from illness. However, their Hippocratic Oath should compel them to investigate such wild claims put out by pharmaceutical giants and their drug dealer sales representatives instead of taking the word of an industry well known as being utterly corrupt and ruthless in its business practices.

The Irish hemophiliac scandal, where patients were knowingly infected with HIV through contaminated blood products should be enough to convince anyone of Big Parma’s murderous intent. This brings us to the real reasons for vaccinations. I’m not even going to prove to readers that they don’t work. I’ll simply urge you to look up the historical record. One simple example is the demise of measles.

The measles death rate had declined by 98% from 1915-1958 prior to any vaccination being introduced. In 1988 and 1989, 69% and 89% for measles cases in American school-aged children had been vaccinated. In 1995, 56% of all measles cases in America were vaccinated.

These figures come from medical journals. Those 3 simple examples prove that unvaccinated children are less likely to contract measles and that the vaccine was useless. Look that up for yourself. All other vaccine claims that they’ve cured or eliminated disease follow a similar pattern. Better hygiene, clean water and good healthy food were the causes of the decline and any doctor worth his smelling salts should know that. If they don’t then they are misinformed on a grand scale or they’re in complete denial. Therein lies the problem. Why have doctors been ‘indoctrinated’ to believe that vaccines are the sacred cow of medicine when the historical record clearly shows that they are virtually useless?

Hold onto your sanity because I have some bad news for you.

The real reason for vaccinations, apart from the massive profits to the manufacturers, is to ensure that you get sick throughout your life, again not only to enrich these same corporations that made you sick, but to ensure that many, if not all of you, die before you ever receive your pension and when you are no longer any of use to society. That’s why they want you retiring later in life and are forcing you through economic terrorism to work longer regardless of your age or health. They literally want to work you to death. If you don’t work you will be classed as a burden to society, a financial cost which society has to bear, and therefore you will be stigmatised as a ‘useless eater’; a consumer of resources needed for the rest of society. When Big Pharma can no longer profit from the illness they gave you, you will be left to die.

This is the depopulation agenda promoted under the United Nations Division of Population under the Department of Economic and Social Affairs. We only need look at Africa, the nation which the United Nations has said themselves, could feed the world. Why then are millions in Africa starving to death on that continent? It’s meant to be that way folks.

All of us at one time or another have been led to believe in the efficacy of vaccines. I was one of them and had my child vaccinated nearly 35 years ago. I wouldn’t even dream of it now. I think it’s safe to say that we’re all aware of the real pandemic, as opposed to the fake pandemics of the past. It’s called ‘CANCER’. Autism is also at crisis (pandemic) levels all across the world where mass vaccination programs exist.
    Prior to mass vaccination, cancers were extremely rare, as in almost nonexistent. Today in the western, so called developed world, we face a crisis of cancer to the extent that between one in five to one in two will suffer, many dying, from one form of cancer or another. What’s happened to cause this pandemic?

We only have to look back at the Jonas Salk polio vaccine that went around the world in the full knowledge that it contained the SV40 virus which had no other purpose than causing cancer; yet it was pushed as a vaccine for polio when, as with measles, polio was well in decline prior to any vaccine due to the same factors.

Enter stage right at the TED 2010 conference, Mr. Bill Gates, head of Microsoft, the biggest computer firm on the planet. What has Bill Gates to do with vaccines you’ re wondering?

See the quote in the image above. Those are his exact words. Are you beginning to get the picture?

The globalist elite care nothing for humanity; ordinary men, women and children must be eliminated in their delusional minds to ensure that their superior types go into the future with the best of breeding being the only criteria worthy of saving. You and I are no longer required and that is why we are seeing the loss of our economy, our wealth, our health, our happiness and ultimately, our lives.
    In 2020, look where we are now with Gates still calling the shots!

Source: The Sovereign Independent

Name:  bill.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  34.2 KB

source photo

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 30th November 2020 at 19:11.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

ClearWater (16th December 2020), Reinhard (16th December 2020)

33. Link to Post #418
    Language
    Thanks

CHD Article on Big-Picture Look at Current Pandemic Beneficiaries Accepted by Peer-Reviewed Journal

An article by Children's Health Defense on how the pandemic facilitated a financial, tech, biopharmaceutical and military-intelligence push for centralized, technocratic control has been accepted by the International Journal of Vaccine Theory, Practice and Research.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

ClearWater (16th December 2020), earthdreamer (17th December 2020), Reinhard (16th December 2020)

35. Link to Post #419
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,007 times in 8,166 posts

Bill Gates denies ever talking about digital vaccine passports, but there’s video proof he did

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-12-...rts-proof.html

..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

ClearWater (16th December 2020), earthdreamer (17th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (16th December 2020), Reinhard (16th December 2020)

37. Link to Post #420
    Language
    Thanks

Gates Foundation Hired PR Firm to Manipulate UN Over Gene Drives

Published on December 15, 2020

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation this year paid a PR firm called Emerging Ag $1.6 million to recruit a covert coalition of academics to manipulate a UN decision-making process over gene drives, according to emails obtained through Freedom of Information requests.

Gene drives are a highly controversial new genetic extinction technology. They have been proposed as potentially able to eradicate malarial mosquitoes, agricultural pests, invasive species, as well as having potential military uses.

Emerging Ag calls itself “a boutique international consulting firm providing communications and public affairs services.” Its president and founder is Robynne Anderson, a former international communications director of CropLife, the global lobby group for the biotechnology, seed, and pesticide industries.

Gates “Campus”, Seattle The FOIA emails reveal that the project coordinated by Emerging Ag was dubbed the “Gene Drive Research Sponsors and Supporters coalition”. It consisted of three members of a UN committee called the Ad Hoc Technical Expert Group on Synthetic Biology (AHTEG) plus a larger group of 65 covertly recruited, but seemingly independent, scientists and officials, all coordinated by a still larger number of government officials (mainly from English-speaking countries), PR advisors, academics, and members of various Gates-funded projects.

The AHTEG on Synthetic Biology is part of the UN Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD). This AHTEG is tasked with creating a formal set of regulatory recommendations to help governments avoid negative impacts on biodiversity. Its recommendations are supposed to draw from the discussions of an online forum of experts called The UN CBD Online Forum on Synthetic Biology.

The AHTEG on Synthetic Biology is about to meet, on December 5, 2017, in Montreal, where gene drive issues raised in that online forum are expected to be a significant focus of discussions.

The three AHTEG members who coordinated with Emerging Ag are Dr. Todd Kuiken of North Carolina State University, Robert Friedman of the J Craig Venter Institute, and Professor Paul Freemont of Imperial College, London. The first and last represent teams and institutions that have received at least $99 million dollars between them from the U.S. military and U.S. foundations, including Gates, to develop and test gene drive systems.

The CBD online forum on Synthetic Biology

According to the emails, which were obtained from the University of North Carolina by Edward Hammond of Prickly Research, the Gates funding for Emerging Ag was obtained to co-ordinate a “fight back against gene drive moratorium proponents.”

Funding for Emerging Ag first began after the last full meeting of the UN Convention on Biological Diversity, held in Cancún, Mexico in December 2016 which witnessed calls from Southern countries and over 170 international organizations for a UN moratorium on gene drives. Adding to the pressure was a letter titled, “A Call for Conservation with a Conscience: No Place for Gene Drives in Conservation,” signed by 30 environmental leaders, including Jane Goodall. The letter asked for a “halt to all proposals for the use of gene drive technologies, but especially in conservation.”

A primary function of Emerging Ag was to recruit academics. An introductory email from Stephanie James of the U.S. Foundation of the National Institutes of Health (FNIH), and the organiser of a workshop on messaging around gene drive technologies, illustrates their goal:

“By way of this email, I would like to introduce you to Isabelle Coche [of Emerging Ag]. Isabelle will be working on efforts to get a broader scientific perspective represented in these discussion. She is looking for a few good scientists who have a broad perspective on the issues around gene drive and are mature enough to be able to deal with the kinds of conversations that can arise within the CBD arena. Isabelle would like the chance to explain what this all means and what activities will be needed to fight back against gene drive moratorium proponents before the next CBD meeting in 2018. Ultimately she is looking to get some volunteers to help in the cause. I hope you will all be interested enough to get back in touch with her to learn more about what this might entail. I’m sorry to say that these next few years are going to be critical and we are going to have to take the fight outside the laboratory.”

The primary task of the covertly recruited academics (those who were not on the inner circle of the AHTEG itself) was thus to stack the UN’s CBD Online Forum on Synthetic Biology. This forum was expected to discuss the wide scientific concerns about gene drives. The UN CBD process is the only multilateral process currently addressing gene drives.

Recruited academics received daily briefings and instructions from Emerging Ag on how to influence the discussion:

“My name is Ben Robinson, I work with Isabelle Coche & Delphine Thizy, and I will be sending you regular updates on the discussions taking place in the context of the CBD’s Open-Ended Online Forum on synthetic biology. I will monitor contributions and provide you with brief summaries of the content and tenor of conversations, while highlighting topics and posts you may wish to address. Should you feel that a topic needs to be addressed but you do not have the relevant resources or expertise, I can also help identify and coordinate those best suited among the group to respond to particular issues.”

Key Role of the "Gates Foundation"

Delphine Thizy, cited in the email above, works at Target Malaria in London, England. Target Malaria is a Gates-funded project to use gene drives against mosquitoes.
    Emerging Ag’s activities were overseen by Jeff Chertack who is Senior Program Officer of Global Policy and Advocacy at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. He is a former public affairs executive from Ogilvy PR who previously represented biotech and pharma giants in Brussels. Chertack sat on the co-ordination team of Emerging Ag’s “Gene Drive Research Sponsors and Supporters coalition” and is copied on several strategy calls and co-ordination phone calls.

This is also not the first time that the Gates Foundation has used academics to influence public and private opinion on genetic engineering technologies, as witnessed by its funding of the Cornell Alliance for Science.

Island Conservation

Also heavily active in coordinating the manipulation of the AHTEG on Synthetic Biology has been US nonprofit Island Conservation, which is leading the use of gene drives against invasive mammal species.

Island Conservation is the linchpin of another network, called Genetic Biocontrol of Invasive Rodents (GBIRd). Heath Packard, marketing and communications director of Island Conservation, enticed academics to join the CBD discussion process in an email dated May 30 2017:

“We urge you to get yourself (or a colleague) nominated to the UN CBD Synthetic Biology Open-Ended Forum (July-Sept 2017). It is very important to have experts like yourselves to help balance policy discussions that might otherwise be weighted towards imposing a moratorium on gene drive research as we saw last winter at the CBD Convening of the Parties.”

According to the emails, Island Conservation has numerous staff active in the promotion of gene drives, not just at the CBD but also in other scientific fora and the media. Island Conservation staff were among those who attended a workshop on “messaging” run by the Foundation of the National Institutes of Health which seems to be an independent arm of the NIH proper. The workshop’s agenda included a presentation by the Gates Foundation’s Jeff Chertack entitled “Presentation of preliminary findings of testing gene drive concepts and terminology with stakeholders and informed publics.”

Public Research and Regulation Initiative

The FOIA emails reveal that Emerging Ag also collaborated with a lobby group called the Public Research and Regulation Initiative (PRRI) that is little known outside the Convention on Biological Diversity.

PRRI has a related influence operation which predates the efforts of Emerging Ag. Its history of lobbying the UN Convention on Biological Diversity over GMOs is mentioned in emails sent to a Canadian official on the UN AHTEG. In them, a PRRI member, Piet Vander Meer, boasts about its 24/7 “backup operation” for “like-minded” government and industry experts who sit on the AHTEG.

The emails suggest that national government representatives of Canada, U.S., UK, Brazil and the Netherlands were being remotely assisted by PRRI during closed door discussions. To help PRRI the ‘Gene Drive Research Sponsors and Supporters coalition’ offered to approach US Department of Agriculture (USDA) contacts to find additional funding for PRRI’s activities. The current funding sources of PRRI are not known but former funders include CropLife International, Monsanto and the US Grains Council.

There is no transparency about who is influencing decisions on the future of global ecosystems, people’s livelihoods, or our food system,” said Dana Perls of Friends of the Earth, U.S. “Gene drives could have profound ecological, health and socio-economic impacts, and the emails reveal a secretive attempt to game the system by gene drive proponents aiming to minimize regulations and oversight.”

Despite the public perception that conservation and public health are what motivates gene drive research, it is known that, besides the contribution of the Gates Foundation, most gene drive funding comes from the DARPA, the technology foresight arm of the US Dept of Defense.

“Gene drives are a powerful and dangerous new technology and potential biological weapons that could have disastrous impacts on peace, food security and the environment, especially if misused,” said Jim Thomas of ETC Group. “The fact that gene drive development is now being primarily funded and structured by the US military raises alarming questions about this entire field.”

Read more at independentsciencenews.org
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 16th December 2020 at 17:32.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

avid (16th December 2020), earthdreamer (17th December 2020), Elainie (16th December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst 1 11 21 31 37 LastLast