+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Real World, and what we SHOULD BE devoting our attention to..

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Default Re: The Real World, and what we SHOULD BE devoting our attention to..

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    And for the last five plus years I won't give Microsoft $6.95 to get my own files back, a million plus words! Go figure.

Never been to Amazon or Ebay. Never visited instagram or twitter. I thought they were the evil we are trying to rid ourselves of.

I quit Gaia and won't even watch for free. I refuse to use facebook.

I often feel guilty when I watch utube.

But I got Netflix.

I think I am a hypocrite.

I feel like an anachronism - out of touch for all the wrong reasons.

I thought I had my priorities straight...maybe I'll pay the extortion and get my files back
    Ernie, these are just tools, or utensils. You can kill someone with a kitchen knife – or with a saucepan for that matter. Alternatively, you can turn swords into ploughshares.

I suggest you fetch those million words and find the gem you are needing right now. From Microsoft’s perspective, it is not going to make the slightest difference whether you do or whether you don’t. They charge the same for utter garbage.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

ClearWater (18th April 2020), Denise/Dizi (16th April 2020), Ernie Nemeth (17th April 2020), Kryztian (17th April 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (16th April 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Many solutions have been tried and found wanting.
    For my money the only one that will bring lasting benefit is a raising of the collective consciousness.
    The more people who spend time raising their personal vibration the more we as humans rise above current difficulties.
    Time spent on this removes fear -- fear removed the immune system is strengthened.
    Fear removed, no bowing down to tyranny.
    We are not the body, that removes the biggest fear.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (18th April 2020), Delight (18th April 2020), Denise/Dizi (16th April 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (16th April 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 times in 1,695 posts

While this is a bit different than children in mines, it hits the topic.. Where young people are being harvested for blood to make older people "Young Again".. This was actually in the magazine Men's Health.. No Joke. People are paying upwards of 12,000 for one treatment.

Source article..
    https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...ient=firefox-b

People Are Getting Transfusions With Young People's Blood To Fight Aging

Is that good weird or bad weird?
    By Michael Easter
    Jan 18, 2019

Imagine an old lab mouse—the bad hair, the wrong turns in the maze, the lazing around. Now imagine that mouse surgically conjoined to another, more youthful one . . . and then seeing it, within weeks, start getting younger. When scientists did this, “they found the old mouse showed fewer diseases of aging, like diabetes, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s,” says Jesse Karmazin, M.D.

For Dr. Karmazin, the old mouse is you. This 33-year-old Stanford-trained physician has no plans to sew you to a college freshman. But he’s betting, based on recent research, that humans experience the same age-bending benefit from a
    dose of young blood.

Dr. Karmazin admits it sounds totally creepy

In 2016, Dr. Karmazin founded Ambrosia, a company that will infuse you with one to two liters of a 16- to 25-year-old’s plasma. For up to $12,000. So far, he says, many of his 150 patients report feeling and performing better on just one treatment a year. He admits it sounds totally creepy, even though transfusions, of course, aren’t new science. “We’re just using them for a different purpose.”

Experiments on mouse “parabiosis,” the anatomical joining of two individuals, date back to 1864; the young mouse/old mouse findings were reported in the 1950s. But inquiries stalled until 2002, when scientists at Stanford were in a routine meeting, bull****ting about becoming old and why components of your body age in unison instead of separately. Someone tossed out a hypothesis: Your circulation reaches everything in your body, so maybe your blood holds chemicals that make you old.

Does your blood hold chemicals that make you old?

They were soon stitching together mice to find out. Their study, published in Nature, discovered that the old mice exhibited enhanced production of progenitor cells—organ repairers that wane as you age—as well as better brain, muscle, and liver function. They even looked younger. The theory: Young blood dilutes pro-inflammatories in old blood that may keep you from making progenitor cells.

The National Institutes of Health thinks the method shows some promise in decoding human aging. It funded more than four times as many parabiosis studies in 2017 as in 2010, but positive results have been seen only in mice—and some scientists think Dr. Karmazin is doling out blood prematurely, because what’s in your veins may be only part of the story.

The NIH funded four times as many parabiosis studies in 2017 than in 2010

“Connected mice don’t just share blood,” says Michael Conboy, Ph.D., who coauthored the Nature study. “They share organ systems; the younger mouse can absorb and transfer more nutrients from food; and in our study, the young guy was even running the old one around, giving him more exercise.”

The annals of medicine are full of failed treatments that work in mice but not men. Indeed, the very first plasma-transfusion trial in humans, done at Stanford and funded by another young-blood start-up, Alkahest, didn’t kill anyone (transfusions have a rare risk of lethal complications) but didn’t find brain antiaging effects.

Which is why Dr. Karmazin performed a follow-up study. The data—from 81 patients who funded their own treatments—reveals improvement in markers for Alzheimer’s, inflammation, and heart disease, Dr. Karmazin claims.

But it won’t be published until 2019 at the earliest. Ambrosia is moving ahead, and has just updated its website so you can schedule treatments in six cities (Phoenix, LA, San Francisco, Tampa, Omaha, and Houston) and pay via PayPal.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bluegreen (18th April 2020), Caliban (18th April 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,413 times in 10,154 posts

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    In 2016, Dr. Karmazin founded Ambrosia, a company that will infuse you with one to two liters of a 16- to 25-year-old’s plasma.

Jeffrey Dahmer's place of employment
    ____

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1248569

Last edited by Bluegreen; 18th April 2020 at 01:41.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (18th April 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 times in 1,695 posts

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    In 2016, Dr. Karmazin founded Ambrosia, a company that will infuse you with one to two liters of a 16- to 25-year-old’s plasma.

Jeffrey Dahmer's place of employment
    ____

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1248569

Thanks for the photo Bluegreen. I had seen it before but never copied it.. Much appreciated my friend!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bluegreen (18th April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2