+ Reply to Thread

Thread: US Food Production- Distribution System Is Breaking Down As Farmers Dump Food States Ban Seeds

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,115 times in 21,069 posts

Exclamation US Food Production- Distribution System Is Breaking Down As Farmers Dump Food States Ban Seeds

When The "Lockdown Solution" pushed by unelected W.H.O. and all their Deep Sate Minions is WORSE than the Problem:
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 29th August 2020 at 22:52.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Franny (12th April 2020), onevoice (12th April 2020), Richard S. (13th April 2020), RingoRon (16th April 2020), Sunny-side-up (13th April 2020), toppy (13th April 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Default Re: US Food Production- Distribution System Is Breaking Down As Farmers Dump Food States Ban Seeds

Thank you for this find ExomatrixTV. Every word is the absolute dire truth.

That video for sure, and possibly this guys whole channel of many other videos at a glance seems like a great find to send your sound asleep obedient friends who are waiting for the flu to pass to get back to normal.

He speaks in a totally sincere, concerned way sticking to pure common sense with no triggering woo woo / dot connecting for those who take dot connecting as needle pricks.

Thanks again.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (13th April 2020), Philippe (13th April 2020), Sunny-side-up (13th April 2020), toppy (13th April 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,961 times in 4,050 posts

Default Re: US Food Production- Distribution System Is Breaking Down As Farmers Dump Food States Ban Seeds

So in Michigan, you can get drywall but not paint, a lottery ticket but no seeds. Booze and weed, but not bird seed or clothes.

Even a site like Law Enforcement Today calls this tyranny.

"Not everyone has the luxury of feeling self-righteous with a “stay home, save lives” banner on their social media accounts. Staying home for those living week-to-week won’t put food on the table or pay the electricity bill."

Ironically, our food stamp program will not let us get a hot meal, but it will buy seeds.

Most of the first "food waste" was because schools and restaurants are out of business, and there was no way to move it somewhere else. Things like milk and eggs, short shelf life. Now Florida produce is being plowed under.

"About 5 percent of the country’s milk supply is currently being dumped and that amount is expected to double if the closings are extended over the next few months, according to the International Dairy Foods Association."

If your plant made big bags of shredded cheese for the food industry, there is no way to re-tool it for retail without millions of dollars of new equipment.

There is not a problem with grocery distribution aside from panic buying, but there may be once the effects of not eating out really set in. Starbuck's is already down to about ten per cent of their normal milk demand. I am not sure if the folks at home are spraying tons of whipped cream over lattes, so some of the demand is definitely crushed for the time being.

If anything needs to be locked down, so far, it is the medical industry, nursing homes, churches, militaries, and prisons, not the general public looking for paint or seeds. The responses do not seem to match the problem.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

pyrangello (15th April 2020), toppy (13th April 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

I did not watch the video, no time right now, but I wanted to chime in that I've already started noticing quite a few "breakdowns" myself.

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    So in Michigan, you can get drywall but not paint, a lottery ticket but no seeds. Booze and weed, but not bird seed or clothes.

Even a site like Law Enforcement Today calls this tyranny.

"Not everyone has the luxury of feeling self-righteous with a “stay home, save lives” banner on their social media accounts. Staying home for those living week-to-week won’t put food on the table or pay the electricity bill."

Ironically, our food stamp program will not let us get a hot meal, but it will buy seeds.

Most of the first "food waste" was because schools and restaurants are out of business, and there was no way to move it somewhere else. Things like milk and eggs, short shelf life. Now Florida produce is being plowed under.

"About 5 percent of the country’s milk supply is currently being dumped and that amount is expected to double if the closings are extended over the next few months, according to the International Dairy Foods Association."

If your plant made big bags of shredded cheese for the food industry, there is no way to re-tool it for retail without millions of dollars of new equipment.

There is not a problem with grocery distribution aside from panic buying, but there may be once the effects of not eating out really set in. Starbuck's is already down to about ten per cent of their normal milk demand. I am not sure if the folks at home are spraying tons of whipped cream over lattes, so some of the demand is definitely crushed for the time being.

If anything needs to be locked down, so far, it is the medical industry, nursing homes, churches, militaries, and prisons, not the general public looking for paint or seeds. The responses do not seem to match the problem.
    Yes, I've been hearing a lot about perishables being dumped because the supply exceeds the demands, that mostly came from restaurants and schools. Our school system is supplying free meals to anyone who shows up with school-aged kids. No questions asked. They've explicitly said that it does not matter what school they kids might normally attend, they are encouraged to come get food. Part of it is using this to help supplement food for people who need it, but part of it is excess of supply, since they're not supplying meals for lunchrooms full of kids every day.

More recently, I've read reports where several meat processing plants have been closed (I think one of Smithfields is the latest I saw) some due to COVID19, some due to bird flu (in SC, I think). And now more reports are trickling in.

I agree w/ most of what you said but disagree with the bolded/underlined. I think there is more than problems related to panic buying. There are supply issues. I'm particularly aware of trucks running late, which they have been doing for weeks. Even the local butcher shop has trucks coming late, again this did not just start. And this is not due to panic buying.

Clarification: Yes, there was some panic-buying, but also many people simply trying to buy enough to get through an unexpected stay-at-home period where most households do not buy groceries for their families for even a week of staying at home.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

shaberon (13th April 2020), toppy (13th April 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Worse than you can imagine https://www.rma.usda.gov/en/News-Roo...-Amid-Pandemic

I think everyone would be served by learning about the USDA and its components: MFP, FSA, FAS, RMA, AMS, CCC and commodity checkoff programs

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rainsong (here)
    I agree w/ most of what you said but disagree with the bolded/underlined. I think there is more than problems related to panic buying. There are supply issues. I'm particularly aware of trucks running late, which they have been doing for weeks. Even the local butcher shop has trucks coming late, again this did not just start. And this is not due to panic buying.

Clarification: Yes, there was some panic-buying, but also many people simply trying to buy enough to get through an unexpected stay-at-home period where most households do not buy groceries for their families for even a week of staying at home.
    That makes sense. On that part, I was only referring to what I have personally observed. There will probably be cumulative issues of things like truckers not coming to work. It just seems to me that "systemic breakdown" is a bit strong for what I am seeing in the stores, compared to a blanket policy like no seeds in Michigan. Sort of how "martial law" is a bit strong compared to the possibility of a local policeman asking me to go home after five. These things all have their regional differences.

There is only so much that can be said about "the U. S." since most of the shutdown powers are with the governors.

Where I am, it is more like a free vacation where everyone acts weird.

RMA appears to say dumped milk is still counted as production, for insurance and the like.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Alecs (14th April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th April 2020), toppy (13th April 2020)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Smithfield is a local company which has shut down its South Dakota plant due to 230 infections. Little effect here, but, overall, less meat will be going around. There may be changes like they will stop de-boning chicken, which is a manual process.

From what I am told, the company now has Chinese ownership, probably just another tell-tale sign of where the U. S. economy has been sliding for quite some time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Sarah Rainsong (15th April 2020)

14. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I watched the video but there was no mention on why the seeds were banned apart from it deemed as 'non-essential'

What does that mean in this context?

People need to gain food security, that should be the number one priority

+ Reply to Thread