+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Privacy and self-sovereignty on internet. Related project seeks experienced philanthropists.

1. Link to Post #1
    Switzerland Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Lightbulb Privacy and self-sovereignty on internet. Related project seeks experienced philanthropists.

Dear Avalon community,

As we ease out of the Easter holiday please let me share an open discussion topic for your consideration and a network query please.

Through my life I have dug deep and wide into the science of computing as a passion and profession.

Through that time, I find it mind boggling how much we have come to use and depend on the internet for social interaction today in such a short span, it reaches into all aspects of our communication and coordination and documentation for professional things, and then in our private lives we do all communication digitally too, and then our vacation planning, and all our bookings, and then formal things like legal and medical go through it too. I could go on and on.

Finally our children use the internet for everything too, and we keep our social networks posting the schedules of our lives . . .

At the same time, the privacy aspect of using the internet simply could not possibly be any worse.

All users' interaction with the internet and with others using the internet goes through a middleman who acts as a so-called "trusted facilitator", such as, say, Facebook or Google Mail. The middleman always gets a copy of the entire interaction, and can do whatever he wants with it as long as he wants, and in all ways owns the content of your interaction with the internet. I find this unacceptable; an issue of tremendous concern, an Orwellian manifestation our earlier generation warned us about . . . and now, voila, here it is.

This came to be a reality for a variety of reasons but include the "good business" argument of money and power, but also because it was the best science at hand. Luckily the factors that underpin this disturbing reality are still reversible and the science has actually grown apace offering us some relief.

My hope is to see an internet with a warmer humanity and a safer more reaffirming digital experience.

This has been on my mind for a long time and I wanted to share it with others as a general topic. I leave this thread to ask for other's input on how they see internet privacy and decentralization. I would appreciate your thoughts and perspectives on it and if it's of concern to you please share your opinion.

Related project seeks experienced philanthropists.

Letter (2 A4 pages): http://www.asterisk.fyi/2020-04-11_-...ic_Funding.pdf

Appendix (3 A4 pages): http://www.asterisk.fyi/2020-04-11_-...-_Appendix.pdf
    Last edited by asterisk; 14th April 2020 at 13:32.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asterisk For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (14th April 2020), EFO (14th April 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,039 times in 938 posts

Default Re: Privacy and self-sovereignty on internet. Related project seeks experienced philanthropists.

While I see this as a worthwhile cause, as we all need our privacy.. I am a bit doubtful now is the best time to be receiving a large amount of financial support for your ventures. Given everyone around the world is, for the most part? Being asked to shelter in place. Eventually there will come a point where people begin to hold onto their funds when they see no end in sight... "Just in case"..

I do hope that if that ends up being the case that you do push to try again.. And that your efforts are both fruitful, and successful. Privacy seems to be the one thing people are giving up, without hesitation... For the comforts of new technology. It is quite the pickle isn't it?

While many would say they have nothing to hide.. They're good with their activities being known, as they feel confident it won't affect them... It does, when the technology is geared not only to track them, and their habits, but also to direct them towards someone else's idea of what they should believe.. And it has been happening on a massive scale.

I wish you luck...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

EFO (15th April 2020), Franny (14th April 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Switzerland Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Privacy and self-sovereignty on internet. Related project seeks experienced philanthropists.

Hi Denise,

It's great to talk to you, thank you for picking up the conversation.

Responded to you here https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...ty-on-internet which will be the main thread for this topic.

Asterisk

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,137 times in 1,174 posts

Default Re: Privacy and self-sovereignty on internet. Related project seeks experienced philanthropists.

The Human Race is being HERDED INCREMENTALLY into a prison, and the end of that has been hidden from us. However, true to all totalitarian tactics, the end is always enslavement and/or death.

+ Reply to Thread