+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1 11 17 LastLast

Thread: Do you wear a face mask?

1. Link to Post #201
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,146 times in 1,176 posts

Default Re: Do you wear a face mask?

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)

At the risk of sounding unpopular I also think much of the mask-wearing I see today is simply virtue signalling.
    Apparently mask wearing is not required for your area.

In mine it's required, along with 'social distancing' to go into a shop/store to purchase food, go into a bank, Post Office, for medical care and more. If not compliant, people can, and have been, arrested. The penalty is a $5000 fine and /or 1 year in jail.

A few days ago I had to go the Post Office to mail a package. I stood in a line that went outside and around the building for about 50 minutes. There is tape on the ground to indicate 'social distancing', but masking is not required outside so I don't. Must go on as one entered the door, however. Most people keep it on but I'm not so sure about virtue signaling, many are still very afraid of the virus.

It usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes total to complete this at the PO.

In this state the incidence of the virus is relatively low. On this island only 77 have tested positive and very few have actually been sick, they don't mention the numbers. They only say that people are released from home quarantine after 14 days. So if they have been sick, it appears to have been mostly mild. One person was hospitalized for a non-specified short time.

I'm not sure when the state will decide to open up. I read that about 40% say they will be afraid to go out in public places with crowds such as restaurants and shopping malls when things open up again. These folks may well wear a mask for awhile even if not required.
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

justntime2learn (20th May 2020), onawah (21st May 2020), RunningDeer (20th May 2020)

3. Link to Post #202
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,591 times in 13,495 posts

In order to un-hypnotize or un-brain wash a person or nation all you have to do is educate people and show them how it was done. An educated mind is a free mind. When you educate people, they wake up. Snap out of the miasma or fog of lies. And truth is restored. By: Dr Eric Nepute - We Must Name The Enemy.
    Shout out to Ba-ba-Ra for the Dr Eric Nepute vid.

They'll push and push and push until people finally say, "No more!".
    For our children's sake, please let it be sooner rather than later.

What does it look like for children returning to school amid the Covid-19 pandemic?

Last edited by RunningDeer; 21st May 2020 at 00:05.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alekahn2 (21st May 2020), ClearWater (21st May 2020), DaveToo (21st May 2020), Franny (21st May 2020), justntime2learn (21st May 2020), Orph (21st May 2020), palehorse (21st May 2020), Valerie Villars (21st May 2020)

5. Link to Post #203
    Thailand Avalon Member palehorse's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    Some large stores insist that you wear a mask to shop there, and they give you one at the door.

I will wear it to get the items I need.

But the reality is that it does not prevent a person from a virus. Doctors have said so, and it says so right on the box.

The reason TPTB want people to wear them is to I ject fear into the public.

I will not spend my money to scare people.
    That is the point, it does not protect, but the folks can't understand that.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

RunningDeer (21st May 2020)

7. Link to Post #204
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,276 times in 4,671 posts

Send in the Clowns

.................................................. my first language is TYPO..............................................

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

happyuk (21st May 2020), justntime2learn (21st May 2020), palehorse (21st May 2020), RunningDeer (21st May 2020)

9. Link to Post #205
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)

Send in the Clowns

these people are amazing, i am laughing my ass here. shoot them like duck in a pond!
    --

10. The Following User Says Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

11. Link to Post #206
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,696 times in 11,177 posts

If anyone would know whether face masks are helpful or harmful, it would be Dr. Judy Mikovits
    See:
    and
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a..._rid=875979263
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alekahn2 (21st May 2020), Billy (21st May 2020), ClearWater (21st May 2020), Deux Corbeaux (22nd May 2020), greybeard (21st May 2020), Holly Lindin (6th June 2020), norman (21st May 2020), palehorse (21st May 2020), Philippe (21st May 2020), RunningDeer (21st May 2020)

13. Link to Post #207
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,401 times in 4,670 posts

To wear a mask or not to wear a mask, that is the question ?
    Dr. Shiva gives his opinion. (You can skip the first self promotion 10 mins if you wish)

PS. I am a builder to trade and have been wearing masks for more than 45 yrs on various projects. The masks do not stop particles of dust that you can see, so no way can a mask ever prevent a microorganisms from escaping or entering a useless mask.
    My opinion.
    Last edited by Billy; 21st May 2020 at 09:56.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Alekahn2 (21st May 2020), ClearWater (21st May 2020), Franny (21st May 2020), Gwin Ru (21st May 2020), happyuk (22nd May 2020), RunningDeer (21st May 2020)

15. Link to Post #208
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,505 times in 236 posts

Dr. Rancourt: Masks and Respirators Do Not Work – A Review of Science Relevant to Curbing Covid-19 Transmission

Dr. Dennis Rancourt, PhD

By Guest Author
    Last updated May 21, 2020

Dr. Dennis Rancourt – May 20, 2020 – A Ph.D from University of Toronto (1984), and is a former professor of physics.

DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.14320.40967/1

Download full report PDF

Abstract
    Masks and respirators do not work. There have been extensive randomized controlled trial (RCT) studies, and meta-analysis reviews of RCT studies, which all show that masks and respirators do not work to prevent respiratory influenza-like illnesses, or respiratory illnesses believed to be transmitted by droplets and aerosol particles. Furthermore, the relevant known physics and biology, which I review, are such that masks and respirators should not work. It would be a paradox if masks and respirators worked, given what we know about viral respiratory diseases: The main transmission path is long-residence-time aerosol particles (< 2.5 μm), which are too fine to be blocked, and the minimum-infective-dose is smaller than one aerosol particle. The present paper about masks illustrates the degree to which governments, the mainstream media, and institutional propagandists can decide to operate in a science vacuum, or select only incomplete science that serves their interests. Such recklessness is also certainly the case with the current global lockdown of over 1 billion people, an unprecedented experiment in medical and political history.

Conclusion Regarding that Masks Do Not Work
    No RCT study with verified outcome shows a benefit for HCW or community members in households to wearing a mask or respirator. There is no such study. There are no exceptions.

Likewise, no study exists that shows a benefit from a broad policy to wear masks in public (more on this below).

Furthermore, if there were any benefit to wearing a mask, because of the blocking power against droplets and aerosol particles, then there should be more benefit from wearing a respirator (N95) compared to a surgical mask, yet several large meta-analyses, and all the RCT, prove that there is no such relative benefit.

Masks and respirators do not work.

Precautionary Principle Turned on Its Head with Masks
    In light of the medical research, therefore, it is difficult to understand why public-health authorities are not consistently adamant about this established scientific result, since the distributed psychological, economic and environmental harm from a broad recommendation to wear masks is significant, not to mention the unknown potential harm from concentration and distribution of pathogens on and from used masks. In this case, public authorities would be turning the precautionary principle on its head (see below).

Physics and Biology of Viral Respiratory Disease and of Why Masks Do Not Work
    In order to understand why masks cannot possibly work, we must review established knowledge about viral respiratory diseases, the mechanism of seasonal variation of excess deaths from pneumonia and influenza, the aerosol mechanism of infectious disease transmission, the physics and chemistry of aerosols, and the mechanism of the so-called minimum-infective-dose.

In addition to pandemics that can occur anytime, in the temperate latitudes there is an extra burden of respiratory-disease mortality that is seasonal, and that is caused by viruses. For example see the review of influenza by Paules and Subbarao (2017). This has been known for a long time, and the seasonal pattern is exceedingly regular.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS:

"Respirator"

A blue, Surgical N95 healthcare particulate respirator and surgical mask cleared by NIOSH and FDA

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Franny (21st May 2020), Luke Holiday (22nd May 2020), onawah (21st May 2020), RunningDeer (21st May 2020)

17. Link to Post #209
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,714 times in 1,494 posts

"Wailing ghost guitars send in the clowns
    Painted plastic faces stealing mommies
    make up"
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

18. The Following User Says Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

19. Link to Post #210
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,591 times in 13,495 posts

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (22nd May 2020), Franny (21st May 2020), justntime2learn (22nd May 2020), Luke Holiday (21st May 2020)

21. Link to Post #211
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,692 times in 2,463 posts

The matter of masks is pretty settled, except in the alt right bubble. The countries with the fewest fatalities are those who mandated mask wearing in public places, first.

You can justifiably respond with suspicion to the vaccine, to the cause, etc...but wearing masks, just...no. There is overwhelming evidence that it helps.

And again, surgical masks protect other others from YOU. They only protect the wearer marginally. So do others a favor and mask up. I know it doesn't gel with those so called experts who are speaking from a libertarian perspective.

The alt right is being played like a violin on so many issues and this is just another one.

Seriously. This is getting really silly and really old.

You are entitled to your opinion but not your facts.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

loungelizard (22nd May 2020), Sarah Rainsong (21st May 2020), Tam (21st May 2020)

23. Link to Post #212
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Because a few months ago, not as much was known about the virus???Could it be? There were so many unknowns and agencies are and were under political pressure not to sound alarms until absolutely necessary, partly because of the libertarian propaganda sh** show that we are currently experiencing.

Plus, because of the ebola scare and swine flu scare, that never materialized, they were probably loathe to react too soon. There are all kinds of practical reasons that don't require loops to jump through, nor mental gymnastics to appreciate.

Please distance yourself a bit from this reality tunnel, propaganda vortex. Some of the alt right libertarian info is credible and some is not. You need a little distance to gain perspective and see it more clearly.

I say this with respect and admiration for the tenacity to find the truth that motivates this kind of research. Unfortunately, all of our best intentions can be manipulated.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

loungelizard (22nd May 2020)

25. Link to Post #213
    France Avalon Member
    Language
    French
    Thanks

The views of Dr. Mikovits against wearing a mask are from 30:40 on. She states that wearing a mask drives the infection of your own dormant virus back into and onto oneself.
    Maybe there is more further on in this fascinating interview.

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    If anyone would know whether face masks are helpful or harmful, it would be Dr. Judy Mikovits
    See:
    and
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a..._rid=875979263

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Philippe For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (22nd May 2020), greybeard (21st May 2020), Luke Holiday (21st May 2020), onawah (22nd May 2020)

27. Link to Post #214
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Mikovitz is wrong.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

29. Link to Post #215
    United States Avalon Member Luke Holiday's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,197 times in 232 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Mikovitz is wrong.
    Dr. Judy M. is extremely qualified to make her statements which are backed by science … What exactly do you believe she is wrong about and why?
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 23rd May 2020 at 03:26.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (22nd May 2020), greybeard (22nd May 2020), onawah (22nd May 2020)

31. Link to Post #216
    United States Avalon Member Luke Holiday's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,197 times in 232 posts

this week I have noticed a dramatic increase in the number people wearing masks in public places like wallmart, grocery shopping - over 50% last 3 days, … but not at the park or gym where virtually no one is wearing...

I was wondering has anyone noticed an increased media campaign regarding the mask and Social distancing?

32. Link to Post #217
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 times in 999 posts

Quote Posted by Luke Holiday (here)
    Mikovitz is wrong.
    Judy is very qualified to make her statements which are backed by science … What exactly do feel she is wrong about and why?
    Over 20 years ago it became popular among the so-called liberal (actually fascist) population to settle arguments by saying the other is "just wrong." Having studied propaganda, I never understood the theoretical efficacy of the tactic, but perhaps it works on the average person nowadays.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

ClearWater (22nd May 2020), Deux Corbeaux (22nd May 2020), Luke Holiday (22nd May 2020), palehorse (22nd May 2020)

34. Link to Post #218
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,144 times in 7,233 posts

this week I have noticed a dramatic increase in the number people wearing masks in public places like wallmart, grocery shopping - over 50% last 3 days, … but not at the park or gym where virtually no one is wearing...

I was wondering has anyone noticed an increased media campaign regarding the mask and Social distancing?
    Interestingly, the Canadian government is now recommending that everyone wear masks as of a couple days ago, after initially telling everyone that they shouldn't wear masks because they don't really help, a statement support by doctors and experts at the time. It seems there is some hidden mask campaign underway, that goes against a fair bit of logic.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

greybeard (22nd May 2020), Luke Holiday (22nd May 2020)

36. Link to Post #219
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Mikovitz is wrong.
    Judy is very qualified to make her statements which are backed by science … What exactly do feel she is wrong about and why?
    See above posts. Not going to rehash. Mikovits appears to be correct on some aspects of this virus, but is completely wrong on masks. Again, look to the countries who have fared the best and watch Chris Martenson's videos. Get out of the alt right bubble. Bad enough being stuck at home, you don't want to be stuck in an information echi chamber at the same time.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

38. Link to Post #220
    Language
    English
    Thanks

@AutumnW please enlighten us, and what the f*** means "alt right bubble" ??? amazing all these new terms we have today.
    --

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1 11 17 LastLast