Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst 1 23 33 43 52 LastLast

Thread: The face mask discussion

1. Link to Post #641
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,087 times in 2,422 posts

Default Re: The face mask discussion

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    This whole face mask issue has reminded me since the very beginning of this Dr. Seuss story.

https://bowmanatbrooks.weebly.com/uploads/8/3/8/3/838u73240/the-sneetches.pdf

Quote THE SNEETCHESby Theodor Geisel (1961) Now, the Star-Belly Sneetches Had bellies with stars. The Plain-Belly Sneetches Had none upon thars. Those stars weren't so big. They were really so small You might think such a thing wouldn't matter at all. But, because they had stars, all the Star-Belly Sneetches Would brag, "We're the best kind of Sneetch on the beaches." With their snoots in the air, they would sniff and they'd snort “We'll have nothing to do with the Plain-Belly sort!" And whenever they met some, when they were out walking, They'd hike right on past them without even talking. When the Star-Belly children went out to play ball, Could a Plain-Belly get in the game...? Not at all. You could only play if your bellies had stars And the Plain-Belly children had none upon thars. When the Star-Belly Sneetches had frankfurter roasts Or picnics or parties or marshmallow toasts, They never invited the Plain-Belly Sneetches. They left them out cold, in the dark of the beaches. They kept them away. Never let them come near. And that's how they treated them year after year. Then ONE day, it seems...while the Plain-Belly Sneetches Were moping and doping alone on the beaches, Just sitting there wishing their bellies had stars... A stranger zipped up in the strangest of cars! "My friends," he announced in a voice clear and keen, "My name is Sylvester McMonkey McBean. And I've heard of your troubles. I've heard you're unhappy. But I can fix that. I'm the Fix-it-Up Chappie. I've come here to help you. I have what you need. And my prices are low. And I work at great speed. And my work is one hundred per cent guaranteed!" Then, quickly, Sylvester McMonkey McBean Put together a very peculiar machine. And he said, "You want stars like a Star-Belly Sneetch...? My friends, you can have them for three dollars each!”
    “Just pay me your money and hop right aboard!" So they clambered inside. Then the big machine roared And it clonked. And it bonked. And it jerked. And it berked And it bopped them about. But the thing really worked! When the Plain-Belly Sneetches popped out, they had stars! They actually did. They had stars upon thars! Then they yelled at the ones who had stars from the start, "We're exactly like you! You can't tell us apart. We're all just the same, now, you snooty old smarties! And now we can go to your frankfurter parties." "Good grief!" groaned the ones who had stars at the first. "We're still the best Sneetches and they are the worst. But, now, how in the world will we know," they all frowned, "If which kind is what, or the other way round?" Then up came McBean with a very sly wink And he said, "Things are not quite as bad as you think. So you don't know who's who. That’s perfectly true. But come with me, friends. Do you know what I'll do? I'll make you, again, the best Sneetches on beaches And all it will cost you is ten dollars eaches.” Belly stars are no longer in style," said McBean. "What you need is a trip through my Star-Off machine. This wondrous contraption will take off your stars So you won't look like Sneetches who have them on thars." And that handy machine Working very precisely Removed all the stars from their tummies quite nicely. Then, with snoots in the air, they paraded about And they opened their beaks and they let out a shout, "We know who is who! Now there isn't a doubt. The best kind of Sneetches are Sneetches without!" Then, of course, those with stars all got frightfully mad. To be wearing a star now was frightfully bad. Then, of course, old Sylvester McMonkey McBean Invited them into his Star-Off Machine. Then, of course from then on, as you probably guess, Things really got into a horrible mess. All the rest of that day, on those wild screaming beaches, The Fix-it-Up Chappie kept fixing up Sneetches. Off again! On again!
    In again! Out again! Through the machines they raced round and about again, Changing their stars every minute or two. They kept paying money. They kept running through Until neither the Plain nor the Star-Bellies knew Whether this one was that one...or that one was this one Or which one was what one...or what one was who. Then, when every last cent Of their money was spent, The Fix-it-Up Chappie packed up And he went. And he laughed as he drove In his car up the beach, "They never will learn. No. You can't teach a Sneetch!" But McBean was quite wrong. I'm quite happy to say The Sneetches got really quite smart on that day, The day they decided that Sneetches are Sneetches And no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches. That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars And whether they had one, or not, upon thars.

This is great VV. So apropos and fitting.

Those who do not and will not wear a mask will be easily identified and culled from the herd.

Heretofore it was difficult to distinguish a “good citizen” from a “bad citizen”, techno spying notwithstanding. At present there are mask dictates in most US states (and in other countries). If Biden is by hook and crook [s]elected to the office of US President, G-d forbid, and he has his way (which Fauzi and his handlers are pushing) there is a coming national mask dictate. If that happens it will be easy for the Stasi to recognize upon whose faces they need to stomp their black boots and haul away to re-education camps—or worse.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2020), Franny (26th October 2020), Gwin Ru (27th October 2020), mountain_jim (27th October 2020), NancyV (27th October 2020), Philippe (24th October 2020), TargeT (27th October 2020)

3. Link to Post #642
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

This is a very long thread so I imagine this has already been covered.
    Even if it has, it would be worth mentioning again.
    Especially to those who insist everyone should be wearing face masks now.

This is the warning that face mask manufacturers insert inside their mask boxes:

Mask warning:

"This product is not a respirator and will not provide any protection against COVID-19 or other viruses or contaminants.

Wearing an ear loop mask does not reduce the risk of contracting any disease or infection."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Franny (26th October 2020), Gwin Ru (27th October 2020), NancyV (27th October 2020)

5. Link to Post #643
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,754 times in 4,373 posts

Medical Doctor Warns that “Bacterial Pneumonias Are on the Rise” from Mask Wearing

By John C. A. Manley
    Global Research, October 06, 2020

“A group is suing Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum and Tulsa Health Department Executive Director Bruce Dart, saying the city’s mask mandate is harmful to healthy people,” reports Activist Post. The group includes business owners and two doctors who “are asking the city to immediately repeal the mask mandate which was passed by city council last month.”
    At a press conference, optometrist Robert Zoellner said:
    “…the fear factor has got to step back. This idea that I don’t want to give you something that I don’t even know that I have is almost at the point of ridiculous. Let’s use some common sense.”
    Dr. James Meehan, MD followed by warning that mask wearing has “well-known risks that have been well-studied and they’re not being discussed in the risk analysis.
    “I’m seeing patients that have facial rashes, fungal infections, bacterial infections. Reports coming from my colleagues, all over the world, are suggesting that the bacterial pneumonias are on the rise.

“Why might that be? Because untrained members of the public are wearing medical masks, repeatedly… in a non-sterile fashion… They’re becoming contaminated. They’re pulling them off of their car seat, off the rearview mirror, out of their pocket, from their countertop, and they’re reapplying a mask that should be worn fresh and sterile every single time.”
    Dr. Meehan adds:
    “New research is showing that cloth masks may be increasing the aerosolization of the SARS-COV-2 virus into the environment causing an increased transmission of the disease…”
    In conclusion, Dr. Meehan states:
    “In February and March we were told not to wear masks. What changed? The science didn’t change. The politics did. This is about compliance. It’s not about science… Our opposition is using low-level retrospective observational studies that should not be the basis for making a medical decision of this nature.”
    John C. A. Manley has spent over a decade ghostwriting for medical doctors, as well as naturopaths, chiropractors and Ayurvedic physicians. He publishes the COVID-19(84) Red Pill Briefs – an email-based newsletter dedicated to preventing the governments of the world from using an exaggerated pandemic as an excuse to violate our freedom, health, privacy, livelihood and humanity. He is also writing a novel, Brave New Normal: A Dystopian Love Story.

Visit his website at: MuchAdoAboutCorona.ca. He is a frequent contributor to Global Research.
    Featured image is by Engin Akyurt from Pixabay

The original source of this article is Global Research
    Copyright © John C. A. Manley, Global Research, 2020

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (31st October 2020), DeDukshyn (27th October 2020), NancyV (27th October 2020), Peace in Oz (30th October 2020), Philippe (27th October 2020), pueblo (29th October 2020), TargeT (27th October 2020)

7. Link to Post #644
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

there's a restaurant in my area that only BARELY does the mask thing, they are doing very well as this attracts a lot of customers

I was at a Halloween party last friday and there was a band and the place was packed!

But I can't help but wonder when some Karen will go tattle on them (I'm in a pretty blue area, so I guess it's a possibility). This mask thing has been a great "divide and conquer" tactic so far....
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

avid (27th October 2020), DaveToo (27th October 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (31st October 2020), NancyV (27th October 2020), Patient (30th October 2020), pueblo (29th October 2020)

9. Link to Post #645
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 times in 817 posts

I just noticed this today and thought I would share this for consideration.

In oct 2019 just before coronavirus was unleashed Grimes released a video for her song 'violence'.

This features her and dancers wearing masks like the type enforced for corona virus. The masks start coming in about 40 seconds. A particularly symbolic mask comes in at 2.40 as it has wings, the wearer is carrying a sword.

Grimes is of course the partner of Elon Musk and they recently had a baby together.

I guess it is possible the video has been altered more recently from its oct 2019 release but I'm pretty sure it has not from reading reviews at the time of its release.

apparently the video opens with the singer studying Sun Tzu's ancient Chinese military playbook, perhaps taking into mind the treatise's memorable advice: "all warfare is based on deception." although this seems to be strangely blured out on youtube.

Violence is a track from the concept album Miss Anthropocene about the anthropomorphic Goddess of climate Change: A psychedelic, space-dwelling demon/ beauty-Queen who relishes the end of the world... She’s composed of Ivory and Oil.

Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 27th October 2020 at 21:58.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

pueblo (29th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (28th October 2020), TargeT (27th October 2020)

11. Link to Post #646
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,687 times in 640 posts

Why are maks not working?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Franny (29th October 2020), Gwin Ru (29th October 2020), pueblo (29th October 2020), TargeT (28th October 2020)

13. Link to Post #647
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by sunwings (here)
    IMO

The real question here is:

When has forcing people to do something worked, E V E R?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Blacklight43 (28th October 2020), greybeard (28th October 2020), Patient (30th October 2020), Peace in Oz (28th October 2020)

15. Link to Post #648
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    IMO

Unfortunately most mask wearers are doing so willingly, they have been programmed to do so.
    Hence, well meaning parents put them on young children.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (31st October 2020), Patient (30th October 2020), Peace in Oz (28th October 2020), syrwong (28th October 2020), TargeT (28th October 2020)

17. Link to Post #649
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,586 times in 713 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    IMO

Unfortunately most mask wearers are doing so willingly, they have been programmed to do so.
    Hence, well meaning parents put them on young children.
    Chris
    I feel so sad at seeing the very elderly who could only walk inch by inch or pushed in their wheelchair wearing a mask. They don't know it is killing them. Hong Kong has the highest proportion of old people in the world. I cannot help thinking the government wants to get rid of them. No talk of exemption. People are not told anyway and compliance is 100%. Students of all ages have to wear masks the whole day in school too. They will not develop a good intellectual capacity. Image a society of retarded people in the future.

This is happening when Hong Kong has almost no local infections per day. Zero to two most of the times and the death total stands at 103 or close to it for probably the last three months.
    Last edited by syrwong; 28th October 2020 at 15:21.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

DaveToo (31st October 2020), Franny (29th October 2020), onawah (29th October 2020), Philippe (28th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th October 2020), TargeT (28th October 2020)

19. Link to Post #650
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,526 times in 20,692 posts

Is that Mask Giving You Lung Cancer? It’s Criminal to Force Children to Wear Masks all Day
    October 28, 2020
    https://vaccineimpact.com/2020/is-th...masks-all-day/

(How many times will the truth about masks be told, and ignored? When will people get it? I guess all we can do is keep on revealing the truth...)

"by Guy Crittenden
    Originally posted on Facebook

I happen to know a thing or two about masks and safety.

Why? Because for 25 years I was the editor of an award-winning trade magazine called HazMat Management that covered such topics as pollution prevention and compliance with health & safety laws.

We routinely published articles on masks, gloves, respirators and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE).

Now let me tell you a few things about that mask you’re wearing.

And please note that what I’m about to share was also stated in the most recent edition of Del Bigtree’s program The Highwire when two OSHA mask experts spoke to the fact that the kinds of masks people are wearing were never (never!) designed to be worn for long periods and doing so is very harmful.

The blue typical mask depicted in the photograph contain Teflon and other chemicals.

A Facebook friend reminds us:

1. Masks are “sterilized” with Ethylene Oxide — a known carcinogen. Many teachers in various school boards have been experiencing significant symptoms as a direct result of the effects of this chemical.

2. The masks contain (not sprayed with) PTFE which makes up Teflon along with other chemicals. I found and have posted the US patent to allow manufacturers to use PTFE as a filter in commercial masks… “breathing these for extended periods can lead to lung cancer.”

Don’t agree? Argue with the experts at OSHA, which is the main US agency, i.e., its Occupational Health & Safety Agency.

These masks are meant to be worn only for short periods, like say if you’re sanding a table for an hour and don’t want to inhale sawdust.

They don’t do anything whatsoever to stop the spread of any virus, and the emerging science of virology now understands that viruses aren’t even passed person to person.

I know that sounds incredible, but it’s the case that the virus is in the air, you breath it in, there’s no way to prevent that short of living in an oxygen tent, and if you have a strong immune system you’ll be fine, and if you have a weak immune system you may have to deal with the effects of your immune system working to restore balance within your metabolism.

So let’s say you don’t wear the blue packaged masks, and instead wear a homemade cloth mask — the kind people wear over and over and hang on their rearview mirror and so on.

Those masks are completely useless against a virus, and are also very dangerous. OSHA would never condone a person wearing a mask of this kind for anything more than the shortest time.

Re-breathing your own viral debris is dangerous to health, and the oxygen deprivation children suffer wearing such masks all day will certainly cause brain damage.

I’m not making this up. Again, you might say, well, Guy, you’re not a doctor.

True, but I did edit that magazine for 25 years. That’s a long time and many articles on masks and PPE. I’ve attended numerous OH&S conferences and listened to experts discussing these matters.

You may hear people saying that surgeons and nurses wear masks like this all day.

Um, no. No they don’t.

They’re trained in the proper use of masks, which is to wear them in the OR, then dispose of the mask when they leave that room.

Are you aware that operating rooms are actually supplied extra oxygen, to compensate for the reduction in oxygen flow from mask wearing?

It’s criminal to force children to wear masks all day
    To my mind, it’s criminal (not hyperbole) to force children to wear masks all day. Setting aside the very real psychological effects, we’re going to have a generation of brain damaged children.

Ever heard the expression, “Not enough oxygen at birth?” That’s a joke at the expense of a mentally challenged person, but that’s literally what we’re doing.

And we’re told it’s to “keep us safe”! We’re told this by doctors who actually don’t know about PPE and laypeople who have no clue.

So, you can choose to believe me or not, but I was the editor for a quarter century of a magazine that had a strong occupational health and safety mandate, and I can tell you that the mask wearing currently mandated by governments and private businesses offers no health benefit whatsoever, in no way protects you or anyone else from any virus, and actually does you damage beyond wearing it for a few minutes.

Got that? Good. Now please share this message and get the conversation going with parents, who must end this masking of children immediately.

This is a very serious matter. And related to that, let me just state this doesn’t end for me when the lockdown ends or the masking ends.

No, this ends for me when every politician and bureaucrat who inflicted this travesty, this crime against humanity, on the population of Canada (and other affected countries) is in the dock, and faces their misdeeds in a court of law.

And as for those of you who have put masks on young children, I will have a long memory on that score. A very long memory.

END NOTE: The CDC and WHO have acknowledged that asymptomatic people do not spread the virus, so the case for masks for such people is moot in the first place."
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

celticwarrior (29th October 2020), DaveToo (31st October 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (31st October 2020), Franny (29th October 2020), greybeard (29th October 2020), mountain_jim (29th October 2020), Philippe (29th October 2020), pueblo (29th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th October 2020), syrwong (29th October 2020)

21. Link to Post #651
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,270 times in 2,100 posts

It is unfortunate that people are really programmed to believe MSM and the government. I see my friend post info about how wrong it is to wear the masks. He posts articles like the one in the previous post. He quotes doctors, etc. Each time he gets dozens of people attacking him and asking for some solid info....people are not recognizing that physicians with years of experince in the medical field are qualified to say that we should not be wearing masks.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

DaveToo (31st October 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (31st October 2020), Franny (29th October 2020), greybeard (29th October 2020), onawah (29th October 2020)

23. Link to Post #652
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,541 times in 2,211 posts

Masks, false safety and real dangers, Part 1: Friable mask particulate and lung vulnerability
    Boris Borovoy, Colleen Huber, Q Makeeta
    https://pdmj.org/Mask_Risks_Part1.pdf

Masks, false safety and real dangers, Part 2: Microbial challenges from masks
    Boris Borovoy, Colleen Huber, Maria Crisler
    https://pdmj.org/Mask_Risks_Part2.pdf

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (31st October 2020), Dorjezigzag (29th October 2020), ExomatrixTV (4th March 2021), Franny (31st October 2020), onawah (29th October 2020), Peace in Oz (30th October 2020)

25. Link to Post #653
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,754 times in 4,373 posts

Physicians: ‘Masks don’t control viruses, they control you,’ ‘pandemic is over’

‘The big deal is, they may be soft, and they may look okay, but this is George Orwell’s boot on a human face forever if we don’t get this off,’ one doctor said about mask mandates.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 - 1:18 pm EST

White Coat Summit II

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th October 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (31st October 2020), Franny (31st October 2020), mountain_jim (30th October 2020)

27. Link to Post #654
    Finland Avalon Member muxfolder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,851 times in 668 posts

Even though I was sick for 3 months because of some kind of flu, apparently not covid19, because the tests told otherwise, I still don't think masks are the answer. Rather I'm with David Icke and the others who believe that this is being used against us who don't want to believe in what they are trying force us, which is that we should wear a mask all the time. So this is what we're against right now and we should say **** you for all those who are trying to force this.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (31st October 2020), Franny (31st October 2020), graciousb (7th November 2020), Gwin Ru (31st October 2020), thepainterdoug (31st October 2020)

29. Link to Post #655
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have friends at work who have to wear masks in order to be allowed to work. They were healthy befor but the masks are making them sic. Not news to us but in order to earn money to live this is what we are forced to do?
    I am honestly nervous due to the rumour/news that quarantine camps are being made...it will be people like me that end up in there...I am not going to wear a freaking mask to make myself sic.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (31st October 2020), Franny (31st October 2020), greybeard (31st October 2020), Gwin Ru (31st October 2020)

31. Link to Post #656
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,237 times in 3,167 posts

Im seeing a real push in media and TV especially, to normalize masks as a permanent part of life from here on in. Its insanity.

People being portrayed in normal settings, alone walking or working , no one near them happily talking away with a mask as if this is now normal life.

It's coming. The ground is given up first through fear, then the belief it wont last , and then the normal acclimatization of it all . And thats how it all goes. All freedoms.
    Last edited by thepainterdoug; 31st October 2020 at 14:55.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Blacklight43 (31st October 2020), Franny (2nd November 2020), graciousb (7th November 2020), greybeard (31st October 2020), Gwin Ru (31st October 2020), muxfolder (3rd November 2020)

33. Link to Post #657
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Im seeing a real push in media and TV especially, to normalize masks as a permanent part of life from here on in. Its insanity.

People being portrayed in normal settings, alone walking or working , no one near them happily talking away with a mask as if this is now normal life.

It's coming. The ground is given up first through fear, then the belief it wont last , and then the normal acclimatization of it all . And thats how it all goes. All freedoms.
    The look that I get from people when I am out and about and I am not wearing a mask - they look at me with fear, some are disgusted by me, others with a hateful glare.

It is like I am an escaped lunatic walking around like I am wearing the face makeup of the joker.

My wife had a women yell at her "you are going to kill my baby!"

The lack of common sense has never been so evident.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Blacklight43 (31st October 2020), DaveToo (31st October 2020), East Sun (1st November 2020), Franny (2nd November 2020), greybeard (1st November 2020), Gwin Ru (31st October 2020), muxfolder (3rd November 2020), ZenBaller (31st October 2020)

35. Link to Post #658
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 times in 639 posts

Quote END NOTE: The CDC and WHO have acknowledged that asymptomatic people do not spread the virus, so the case for masks for such people is moot in the first place."
    This statement is both wrong and dangerous. Both CDC and WHO acknowledge asymptomatic transmission, and more than that, people are the most infectious (most able to transmit the disease) 1-2 days before the first symptoms.

It's one thing to debate whether wearing a mask will prevent you from getting sick (answer: Only a fitted N-95 or similar mask. These masks are called respirators). It's another to pretend that there is no science saying that wearing a mask will help you to not transmit, should you be infected. That's not only true, it's settled science.

But to say that CDC and WHO are saying that asymptomatic people don't spread the virus is dead wrong and dangerous. People generally spread the virus the most before they know they're sick. And wearing a mask prevents you from spreading the virus but not you from getting sick.

The mask thing is as follows: A respirator is any mask through which all of the air passes or any device through which all of the air passes before you breathe it. A mask is anything that covers all or part of your face. Only a respirator will keep you from getting sick, and it has to be fitted. A surgical mask or cloth mask does not have this as its purpose. It's purpose is to keep you from spewing if you cough or sneeze. Those spews reach 6 feet away from you. That is why there is a distance recommendation of 6 feet.

We have known these things about masks and respirators for a long time, and they have been part of public health and protocols for first responders for diseases like TB and meningitis for at least a decade and a half. We have to learn these things about BSE and in particular PPE in health care classes and pass exams on them to get certified.

Don't spread information that can cause someone else to get this virus. Everybody has a 20% chance of having a serious case. People with underlying conditions have 3x risk factors for obesity, 3x for diabetes, 2x for hypertension, etc. Someone you know and or love can easily be the one who codes.

36. Link to Post #659
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Quote Posted by Old Student (here)
    Quote END NOTE: The CDC and WHO have acknowledged that asymptomatic people do not spread the virus, so the case for masks for such people is moot in the first place."
    This statement is both wrong and dangerous. Both CDC and WHO acknowledge asymptomatic transmission, and more than that, people are the most infectious (most able to transmit the disease) 1-2 days before the first symptoms...

Don't spread information that can cause someone else to get this virus. Everybody has a 20% chance of having a serious case. People with underlying conditions have 3x risk factors for obesity, 3x for diabetes, 2x for hypertension, etc. Someone you know and or love can easily be the one who codes.
    You were doing well until this part (bolded).
    Can you please provide references that back up your statement?

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Blacklight43 (2nd November 2020), graciousb (7th November 2020), Old Student (2nd November 2020)

38. Link to Post #660
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I would like to go back to "who has an isolated particulate of covid-19?" Because the CDC stated on their web page that they do not have one. This same question is being asked in the UK - not sure, but I think the people (some group) are pushing this question into the courts.

If this is indseed the case, why do we need a mask? Bill gates should wear a mask to hide his snickering smile - you can read his personality in his face. He is like a little kid who is lying to the teacher and having a hard time keeping a straight face.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Blacklight43 (2nd November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst 1 23 33 43 52 LastLast