+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: 'UFO' term is redundant

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,908 times in 1,388 posts

Default 'UFO' term is redundant

The modern phenomena and many sightings that have occurred and the maneuvers that have been performed, strongly indicate these unknown Ariel objects do not fly in the conventional sense. Hence the term unidentified flying object isn't correct , an alternative term must be used which coincides the modern phenomena. The term UFO is no longer valid that is misleading and been hijacked by popular media and is counterproductive.
    Last edited by bogeyman; 17th May 2020 at 01:03.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

Agape (17th May 2020), aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: 'UFO' term is redundant

The term must be universal, exceptable, and correctly interperting the phenomena that is being reported.
    Last edited by bogeyman; 17th May 2020 at 01:04.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

Agape (17th May 2020), aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,414 times in 1,572 posts

Quote Posted by bogeyman (here)
    The modern phenomena and many sightings that have occurred and the maneuvers that have been performed, strongly indicate these unknown Ariel objects do not fly in the conventional sense. Hence the term unidentified flying object isn't correct , an alternative term must be used which coincides the modern phenomena. The term UFO is no longer valid that is misleading and been hijacked by popular media and is counterproductive.
    All right then, what is the correct term?
    In Brazil the used term is OVNI (objeto voador nao identificada)
    My guess is that each country has it own term.
    UFO is used in US and international media as you spot.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Agape (17th May 2020), aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), Mashika (17th May 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,245 times in 4,597 posts

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)

Not really. Of course you could come with as many names as there are human languages on the planet but it won’t move us forwards.

Also, majority of today’s media are “international” at least in that sense they are internationally accessible these days.
    The term UFO turned so popular and colloquial despite being a misnomer it’s used just about everywhere around the world ( or different versions and translations of it) in case people spot something in the Skies that could be “visiting spacecraft from another Star”.

In older times people called them “flying saucers” because the shape resemblance but since they come in many shapes the term was outdated.

They were called Vimana in old Sanskrit that can be really translated many ways such as chariots, celestial mansions etc.

There will always be a problem with translating anything from another Star system to human language till humanity is still split and scattered to millions of isolated tribes who consider their village/country “their world” and anything coming from “out of their world” seems to distract these humans from being one with “their version of Universe”.😷

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), palehorse (18th May 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Unidentified Flying Object is what those things are, unless you have identified them to a point where there's absolutely no mistake about what they are.

I don't think that has happened so far

If you assume UFO means "alien" or "extraterrestrial", then you are making a bad assumption

UFO has nothing to do with the capabilities of whatever thing was flying there, it just means is something no one was able to identify

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    Yes, in Spanish as well the same "Objecto Volador No Identificado" OVNI, it doesn't mean anything else but that whatever object was flying could not be identified at the time. IT doesn't mean at all "alien" or related. So there is no need to change a term that fits perfectly for the situation as it happened
    Tired

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Agape (17th May 2020), aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), DaveToo (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), Michi (17th May 2020), palehorse (18th May 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I do not assume anything, the media assumes and popular culture does also. The US Navy perfers the term UAP due to riducule associated with the UFO term. Ive seen UAPs non were saucer shape. Aviation experts, military pilots, and safety experts use terms which are more related to technical jargon.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

13. Link to Post #7
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

I do not assume anything, the media assumes and popular culture does also. The US Navy perfers the term UAP due to riducule associated with the UFO term. Ive seen UAPs non were saucer shape. Aviation experts, military pilots, and safety experts use terms which are more related to technical jargon.
    But are you the media? You still should enforce the true meaning, regardless of the media or whoever. If people had done that, there would be no need to discuss what UFO means today

You are saying you will play the media's game

The US Navy uses that term now because they want to lead people into a different mindset, but only because they have their own plans as to how to "educate" people around some things

Anyway if the "media" or popular culture says UAP, i'm going to keep using UFO just because i'm not a drone

Quote Ive seen UAPs non were saucer shape
    No one who had a real experience has ever seen a "saucer" shaped UFO, it was always orbs or other shapes "cigars" or "tictacs" since who knows when

For example, when Columbus was reaching America for the first time, he wrote on his diary about an orb they noticed, pretty much the same as the ones we see today

The "saucer" thing happened because of "the media", they put that on some news papers and people followed and suddenly there were people all over the place watching "saucers" in the sky. LMFAO!

It was a way to filter out the fakes by the way
    Last edited by Mashika; 17th May 2020 at 06:58.
    Tired

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), DaveToo (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), palehorse (18th May 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    But are you the media? You still should enforce the true meaning, regardless of the media or whoever. If people had done that, there would be no need to discuss what UFO means today

The US Navy uses that term now because they want to lead people into a different mindset, but only because they have their own plans as to how to "educate" people around some things

Anyway if the "media" or popular culture says UAP, i'm going to keep using UFO just because i'm not a drone

No one who had a real experience has ever seen a "saucer" shaped UFO, it was always orbs or other shapes "cigars" or "tictacs" since who knows when

For example, when Columbus was reaching America for the first time, he wrote on his diary about an orb they noticed, pretty much the same as the ones we see today

The "saucer" thing happened because of "the media", they put that on some news papers and people followed and suddenly there were people all over the place watching "saucers" in the sky. LMFAO!

Indeed. Obtaining data from official aviation entities and the military is dependent on the terms used, since the appropriate officials will search their databases/records using such terms....so terminology to describe the phenomena is important.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

Indeed. Obtaining data from official aviation entities and the military is dependent on the terms used, since the appropriate officials will search their databases/records using such terms....so terminology to describe the phenomena is important.
    Only if you trust them with the "information" you will get back LOL

There was a perfectly fit term already, it only had to change because people insist in missusing it. The same already happened with UAP by the way, it is assumed those things are "alien" and from other galaxies or such. IT doesn't matter, and also if you want to find data from 10+ years ago, you will definitely have to use UFO or nothing will show up ever

A quick thing i would like to point about about the "saucers"

Around 10 years ago or so, i got gifted this book

Which i have read like 10 times since then LOL, once per year, because i loved Diego Rivera's art and his story and Frida's story as well, ever since i can remember i liked to read about them

So anyway, one of the first things i remember reading that still keeps me thinking is this very small comment from Diego:

This was around 1928 i think, way before the "saucer" thing got popular
    Tired

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), DaveToo (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), wegge (17th May 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,245 times in 4,597 posts

For my own sanity sake I only use about 3 human words that code well with me, it’s either a Ship or a Cloud, it’s either human or “other than human” and if it’s an ET all human words vanish

It’s intrinsically difficult to name correctly something so fleeting that it appears for the smallest amount of human time frames while transmitting tremendous amount of condensed information ..

When I was young kid and this was happening to me I only thought of it as higher cosmic, later outer dimensional intelligence because it communicated in abstracts, in most cases.
    It also “had music” and ability to project movies and pictures as I created them. I could access it almost on instant till certain age but then there was a break and then they rose the level when I felt more was required from me to work with the information received.
    The situation evolved over long periods of time, each with distinct pattern.

But all those years I had no interest in either UFOs, spaceships or extraterrestrials. It was one of those topics I could miss( quite like I slept through many history lessons only to find interest in any of it later).

If I’m trying to look straight into it all at the moment and again, if they come in this human continuum as we know it vanishes almost on instant. There is no smooth transition I know of or an ultimate merger.
    The “link” between any them and us is an ability to offer a mirror and share symbols or meanings that we seem to understand.

🦢

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Anka (17th May 2020), aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), Mashika (17th May 2020), palehorse (18th May 2020), wegge (17th May 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,615 times in 32,796 posts

Some reports have suggested that the term used by NORAD is IAC: Identified Alien Craft.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (17th May 2020), aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), kudzy (24th May 2020), Mashika (17th May 2020), palehorse (18th May 2020), wegge (17th May 2020), Yoda (17th May 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Some reports have suggested that the term used by NORAD is IAC: Identified Alien Craft.
    I did see IAC before in some pdf files but i never thought about it much, and never knew what it could really mean. Just now i did a search and i see a lot of people referencing IAC along with 'Identified Alien Craft'

I guess i was filtering out some stuff before
    Tired

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), Bill Ryan (17th May 2020), boja (18th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), wegge (17th May 2020), yelik (17th May 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,787 times in 20,838 posts

Lightbulb Re: 'UFO' term is redundant

The moment anyone has a real interaction with UFOs it becomes so much more than "just an Unidentified Flying Object".

Imagine you are in a personal crisis and deeply feel that your multidimensional Soul is NOT from Earth but have a temporary amnesia for a good reason ... At the same time you are very frustrated not having full access to your original potential ... Then at night when you are about to sleep you watch through a window to the night sky and ask (request) for a "sign" from an "UFO" in the sky ... and all of a sudden you actually SEE a bright pulsating flash ... then you may think it is "just a coincidence" ... maybe it was a meteorite entering our atmosphere.

I had this many times being in self-doubt ... thus I decided to request for: "2 short flashes" and BOOM it happened!

"Just an UFO"? Hell No! ... It is much more than that as that as that same night I had profound vivid dreams that is related to my inner quest for truth.

cheers,
    John
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 18th May 2020 at 12:54.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), boja (18th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), Mashika (17th May 2020), palehorse (18th May 2020), wegge (17th May 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 times in 458 posts

In normal spanish (not military) they call them OVNI

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), Mashika (17th May 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    Australia Avalon Member GMB1961's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,232 times in 120 posts

Extraterrestrial Flying Craft? .....and just while we are on the subject I think it would be great if one of them landed and shared their knowledge with us. BUT having said that we would most likely blow them away as we have before to anyone else that was HUMAN who had anything of value to say to help this world we live in. Glenn in Australia.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMB1961 For This Post:

East Sun (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020)

31. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,473 times in 4,333 posts

A more inclusive acronym nowadays is UAP (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) probably because there is no certainty that:
    1) those things are flying per the common definition and,

2) they are actual objects per a 3D definition...

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), Mashika (17th May 2020), palehorse (18th May 2020)

33. Link to Post #17
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,518 times in 4,313 posts

I don't particularly care if UFO is no longer perfectly descriptive or accurate. The term is universal, it is the classic, and it's also engrained in our consciousness. So is flying saucer. If they came up with a new word for "spoon", it would still be a spoon, and I and millions of others would still call it a spoon.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), Mashika (17th May 2020), palehorse (18th May 2020), wegge (17th May 2020)

35. Link to Post #18
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gwin Ru (here)
    A more inclusive acronym nowadays is UAP (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) probably because there is no certainty that:
    1) those things are flying per the common definition and,

2) they are actual objects per a 3D definition...
    But all of that was already implied in the previous one, UFO, they just tried hard to find a different workding around the same concept

Like RPG, which means Ручной Противотанковый Гранатомёт, created by the Soviet Union, later the US found a way to match the name to an English version of it, "Rcket Propelled Grenade) i think.

You can rename the same thing whatever you like, in the end it is like natives calling Gods the white people who came from the sea LMFAO!
    Tired

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), DaveToo (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), Gwin Ru (17th May 2020)

37. Link to Post #19
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    I don't particularly care if UFO is no longer perfectly descriptive or accurate. The term is universal, it is the classic, and it's also engrained in our consciousness. So is flying saucer. If they came up with a new word for "spoon", it would still be a spoon, and I and millions of others would still call it a spoon.
    And it would still work the same, regardless of "name", and even if it was changed in the US to be "mouth feeding artifact" MFA, the rest of the world would still have their own usual word for it. I think spending time trying to enforce some acronym on everyone else is just not useful spent time

Who cares? It's still unidentified, it's still flying, and it's still an object. Regardless of origin or technology that makes it work
    Tired

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), DaveToo (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th May 2020), palehorse (18th May 2020)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Hi bogyman, this is not a modern phenomena?
    These craft and or entities have been moving around in this manner through out history.
    Going on reports and descriptions of the clever minded humans, going back into the 30/40's we have had the equations and abilities to build such technologies, and they did.

That is why I personally call such mixed phenomena "OAP's" That,s 'Observed Aerial phenomena' and or because they have been around in different forms before our recorded history the term 'Old Age Pensioners' fits just as well lol

I don't need no new buzz word (pun intended) from the powers that be, especially as they for their own reasons are now jumping on, or more like HI-JACKING the phenomena for their own a genders (Which they are rolling out now)

Which ever word is publicly used is obvious what is meant, yes?
    BTW They have hidden their files on this subject by calling, designating them by names which we don't know, so we don't find them when searched for, so they could maintain the guise 'We don't acknowledge the phenomena' 0.o
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

aoibhghaire (17th May 2020), Forest Denizen (17th May 2020), GMB1961 (17th May 2020), Mashika (17th May 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast