+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 6 LastLast

Thread: Brazil's President Bolsonaro's legacy and values

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Brazil's President Bolsonaro's legacy and values

FF to 3:30
    First time I hear a president speak as a citizen, no politics, no BS. He deserves my respect.

https://www.brighteon.com/786c0c7d-1...8-b54b15ac44f4

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

bettye198 (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (3rd November 2022), palehorse (28th May 2020), spade (28th May 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Default Re: Brazil's President Bolsonaro's legacy and values

I can't think of a more repulsive, despotic head of state at the moment than Jair Bolsonaro. He comes from a long line of violent, dictatorial, brutalitarian political leaders. Brazil is the world leader in inequality, a country that has so much wealth in it's resources, with just a few people enjoying it and mostly living in dire poverty. Bolsonaro is doing his part to make sure the working poor stay illiterate and have hard lives while a small elite reap most of the benefits of this wealth.

• From 1964 to 1985 Brazil was a military dictatorship. Bolsonaro thinks this is the preferred form of government during which Brazil enjoyed "20 years of order and progress." He also stated that "the error of the dictatorship was that it tortured, but did not kill."

• In 1999 he said that Brazil could solve it's problems by "killing thirty thousand people, beginning with Fernando Henrique Cardoso." Cardoso was the elected president.

• His long list of anti-woman beliefs includes his statement that women should be paid less than men. He criticized Maria do Rosário, Brazil's former human right's representative, by saying she was "not worth raping; she is very ugly". The long list of homophobic things he has said is also jaw dropping.

• He has worked against the freedom of the press, threatening Brazil's most famous journalist, Glenn Greenwald and others.

Many authoritarian, fascist and psychopathic politicians have said things about "freedom" and "the people" that have inspired many people, but you better look a little further to get a sense of who they really are and figure out what kind of legacy they are going to leave behind.
    Last edited by Kryztian; 26th May 2020 at 20:23.

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AutumnW (28th May 2020), Chris Gilbert (27th May 2020), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2020), Eligos (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (26th May 2020), Hym (27th May 2020), Inaiá (27th May 2020), Lilybee8 (27th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Lunesoleil (2nd November 2022), Mark (9th November 2022), Mashika (27th May 2020), Post-Structuralist Comet (26th May 2020), Praxis (28th May 2020), silvanelf (16th June 2020), Tam (27th May 2020), Wansen (19th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Here are a few links where you can read more about this vile elitist president Jair Bolsonaro.

Why Glenn Greenwald’s Prosecution Is an Outrage
    Advocacy groups say attacks on the press are on the rise—particularly in Bolsonaro’s Brazil.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/wo...lsonaro-press/
    How Bolsinaro is threatening journalism and ending free speech.

Bolsonaro could drag Brazil back into dictatorship, cultural legends warn
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-figures-warn

Is this the world’s most repulsive politician?
    https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...dfdbd46f610e97
    Next to Bolsinaro, Donald Trump is an eloquent dignified genteel speaker, Rodrigo Duterte is a gentle, kindly leader.

Bolsonaro seeks to open Brazil’s indigenous land to mining
    https://www.ft.com/content/0d3055b4-...3-955839e06441
    Bolsinaro, taking land from the indigenous people's of Brazil, allowing it to be developed and degraded by globalist mining corporations.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AutumnW (28th May 2020), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (27th May 2020), Hym (27th May 2020), Inaiá (27th May 2020), Lilybee8 (27th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Mashika (27th May 2020), Mercedes (27th May 2020), Praxis (28th May 2020), silvanelf (16th June 2020), Tam (27th May 2020), Wansen (19th June 2020), Wind (28th May 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

You clearly totally ignored what he said and went on a full blast character assassination.

This is the first time I see a president vigorously attack the police state for mistreating citizens and openly and vigorously encouraging people to arm themselves and fight back. He went as far as blasting the Justice minister and Defense minister for not doing anything.

Has any of you presidents done anything like that ??? You obviously love your political leaders, the guardians of freedom and democracy. Let's reconnect in 6 months and see if you still have a job and enough money to buy food.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

Antagenet (17th June 2020), bettye198 (27th May 2020), Mercedes (27th May 2020), palehorse (28th May 2020), Tam (27th May 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tomkoyote (here)
    You clearly totally ignored what he said and went on a full blast character assassination.

This is the first time I see a president vigorously attack the police state for mistreating citizens and openly and vigorously encouraging people to arm themselves and fight back. He went as far as blasting the Justice minister and Defense minister for not doing anything.

Has any of you presidents done anything like that ??? You obviously love your political leaders, the guardians of freedom and democracy. Let's reconnect in 6 months and see if you still have a job and enough money to buy food.
    You clearly totally ignore history. Populist leaders are commonly music in the ears of the oppressed and underprivileged. Hitler made these kind of compelling speeches and we all saw how did that go. If you could read between the lines you would realize that what he actually wants is an armed militia that could counteract any attempt from official authorities to prevent the working class from providing cheap labour for his circle of billionaire friends nomatter how dire the covid19 situation becomes.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to fractal being For This Post:

AutumnW (27th May 2020), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), Hym (27th May 2020), Inaiá (27th May 2020), Kryztian (27th May 2020), Lilybee8 (27th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Mashika (27th May 2020), Praxis (28th May 2020), Sunny-side-up (27th May 2020), Tam (27th May 2020), Wind (28th May 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Are we talking about the same person that said things like:
    Quote “Es una vergüenza que la caballería brasileña no fuera tan eficaz como los estadounidenses, que exterminaron a sus indios"
    "It is a shame that brasileña cavalry wasn't as effective as the American one, who managed to exterminate most indigenous people"
    Quote “los indios huelen mal, carecen de educación y no hablan nuestra lengua”
    "Indigenous people smell bad, lack education and don't speak our language"
    Quote "el reconocimiento de tierras indígenas es un obstáculo para la agroindustria"
    "Recognizing ingidenous lands is an obstacle for the agro industry"
    Quote "si soy elegido presidente, no habrá ni un centímetro más de tierras indígenas"
    "If i'm elected president, there will not remain one centimeter of indigenous lands"
    Quote “Vamos a desmarcar Raposa-Serra de Sol y dar armas a todos los terratenientes…”
    "We are going to reposes Raposa-Serra de Sol and give arms to all the new landowners…"
    Clearly he doesn't have any hate for natives, or any hint of racism. I bet he's all about protecting the poor and the people and not just some specific group of Brazillians

He doesn't talk for the Brazilian people, he talks for his friends. And his a racist brutal murderer, as long as the people murdered are natives he doesn't care and even celebrates

If he deserves your respect, i think you should reconsider, look at who he really is, not the empty words for the press he vomits all around

Quote Let's reconnect in 6 months and see if you still have a job and enough money to buy food.
    One thing is certain, the 117 indigenous people murdered by Bolsonaro supporters in 2017 and that he did nothing about, won't need any food anymore. Neither the 15 other people who were murdered on elections day, who also did not even received a mention by this "person"

I mean if you are white and not native, you are cool and you will receive good stuff and treatment, and won't die out there killed by a racist militia that wants to cleanse the country, otherwise you are out of luck 🤷🏻‍♀️💁🏻‍♀️
    Last edited by Mashika; 27th May 2020 at 03:36.
    Tired

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

AutumnW (27th May 2020), ChristianSky (27th May 2020), DeDukshyn (27th May 2020), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (27th May 2020), Hym (27th May 2020), Inaiá (27th May 2020), Ioneo (27th May 2020), Kryztian (27th May 2020), Lilybee8 (27th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Mercedes (27th May 2020), Praxis (28th May 2020), Tam (27th May 2020), Wind (28th May 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,501 times in 4,009 posts

I know nothing of him. I have always figured Brazil was hegemony and that the main reason we remember one of the main origins of what we call Mixed Martial Arts fighting circuits was in Gracie Jiujitsu, because those guys were from Brazil and all they had to do was walk around and street people would come at them with baseball bats and knives and stuff, and the difference was the police mostly had guns and would go around shooting these people, or whoever. There was no limit to the violence and that is how they successfully proved their fighting skills.

That being said, I think stuff like Samba is awesome and so I am sure there is a good side of the culture. But there is no way I could say I really know anything about its interior affairs, like which warlord is reliable or what politician can make any difference. I would guess people might say "Two Brazils", one in the nice touristy area where you don't see anything wrong, and then when you slip into a different neighborhood, you really know it. It is like that where I come from, but I get the impression Brazil is pretty extreme.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

AutumnW (27th May 2020), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), Kryztian (27th May 2020), Mashika (27th May 2020), palehorse (28th May 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

The title you chose for the thread was "Brazil's President Bolsonaro", not "Bolsonaro urges his citizens to revolt against the police" or "Bolsonaro's speech". The topic addresses the whole person, and that is how I responded.

And if you do look at the whole person, if you do look at his previous words and objectives and actions, you can understand exactly what he is up to in this speech that you posted. He is telling citizens to take up guns and threaten the police and create unrest. He's the president of his country and is supposed to create stability, but instead, he is creating chaos. If anyone in his country had the means to make the nation a better country free from police brutality it is its leader, from the top down, by using his authority an elected political, and not from the bottom up, by urging people to violence. But he isn't doing that!?! Why ??? Just look at his other quotes. He believes dictatorship is the best form of government and is happy to murder people to have it. If he can create instability, then the army will have to be called in and the democratic government will have to be suspended. His wet dream of returning to dictatorship will be realized.

Like so many would be autocrats, he promises freedom and power to the people only to use it against them and create his system of slavery. Some people will only listen to a few of his words and not look at the context of the whole person at their peril.
    Last edited by Kryztian; 27th May 2020 at 14:13.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AutumnW (27th May 2020), Dennis Leahy (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (28th May 2020), Inaiá (27th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Mashika (27th May 2020), Rosemarie (29th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020), Tam (27th May 2020), Wind (28th May 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,522 times in 32,788 posts

If he really did say

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Quote “Es una vergüenza que la caballería brasileña no fuera tan eficaz como los estadounidenses, que exterminaron a sus indios"
    "It is a shame that brasileña cavalry wasn't as effective as the American one, who managed to exterminate most indigenous people"
    Quote "el reconocimiento de tierras indígenas es un obstáculo para la agroindustria"
    Quote "si soy elegido presidente, no habrá ni un centímetro más de tierras indígenas"
    "If i'm elected president, there will not remain one centimeter of indigenous lands"
    Quote “Vamos a desmarcar Raposa-Serra de Sol y dar armas a todos los terratenientes…”
    "We are going to reposes Raposa-Serra de Sol and give arms to all the new landowners…"
    .... that's several orders of magnitude worse than shameful.

I don't care what he says about Covid-19. If these quotes are correct, and I'd trust Mashika to get her facts right (can any of our Brazilian members confirm??), then the guy deserves to be hounded out of office.

Period.

18. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (28th May 2020), AutumnW (27th May 2020), Baby Steps (28th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (28th May 2020), Inaiá (27th May 2020), Ioneo (27th May 2020), Kate (28th May 2020), Kryztian (27th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Mashika (27th May 2020), palehorse (28th May 2020), Rosemarie (29th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020), silvanelf (16th June 2020), Sunny-side-up (27th May 2020), Tam (27th May 2020), Wansen (19th June 2020), Wind (28th May 2020), Yoda (27th May 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 times in 458 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    If he really did say

I don't care what he says about Covid-19. If these quotes are correct, and I'd trust Mashika to get her facts right (can any of our Brazilian members confirm??), then the guy deserves to be hounded out of office.

Period.
    I‘m pretty sure that’s Spanish and not Portuguese

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

AutumnW (27th May 2020), Bill Ryan (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), Kryztian (27th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Mashika (27th May 2020), palehorse (28th May 2020), Rosemarie (29th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,522 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by wegge (here)
    If he really did say

Period.
    Yes, as best I can see the quotes came from this Spanish media site.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AutumnW (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Mashika (27th May 2020), palehorse (28th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020), wegge (27th May 2020), Yoda (27th May 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

“Es una vergüenza que la caballería brasileña no fuera tan eficaz como los estadounidenses, que exterminaron a sus indios"
    Si señor, español. Here is one of the quotes in Portuguese:

Quote “Pena que a cavalaria brasileira não tenha sido tão eficiente quanto a americana, que exterminou os índios.”
    I found it on this page: https://survivalbrasil.org/pareogenocidio which details Bolsonaro's genocidal activity. If you want a translation of the page into English, you can get it from https://translate.google.com/transla...io&prev=search

No matter what language you are speaking, Bolsonaro is a genocidal maniac, um maníaco genocida!
    Last edited by Kryztian; 27th May 2020 at 18:49.

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AutumnW (27th May 2020), Bill Ryan (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (28th May 2020), happyuk (28th May 2020), Inaiá (27th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Mashika (27th May 2020), palehorse (28th May 2020), Praxis (28th May 2020), Rosemarie (29th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020), silvanelf (16th June 2020), Wansen (19th June 2020), wegge (27th May 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

If he really did say

Period.
    Yeah, should have stated that, i don't know Portuguese but the quotes are an exact translation into Spanish

¤=[Post Update]=¤

If he really did say

Period.
    Yes, as best I can see the quotes came from this Spanish media site.

Originally i read them on this website

https://www.elmundo.es/internacional...7058b45ac.html

But i have seen them in several other places since then
    Tired

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

AutumnW (27th May 2020), Bill Ryan (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (28th May 2020), Inaiá (28th May 2020), Kryztian (27th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), palehorse (28th May 2020), Rosemarie (29th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020), silvanelf (16th June 2020), Tam (27th May 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

Bolsonaro is a fascist of the worst kind. That's a fact. He has no respect for anyone but the uppermost echelons of light-skinned Brazilian society, and no regard for the environment, either. If he could raze the entire Amazon and all its inhabitants to the ground, he would.

Brazil is a very troubled nation, and he has only made it worse. The vast majority of Brazilians hate him, and for good reason. He is the worst kind of person, xenophobic to the extreme, elitist to the extreme, and exactly the wrong kind of person we need in power right now.

The fact that you fell for his rhetoric is frightening. This is how Hitler, Mussolini, et al nearly ruined Europe and wiped out millions of innocents.

We should all, now more than ever, be vigilant, and use critical thinking. Trump is one thing, but promoting Bolsonaro is another entirely. There is no other way to dice it: the man is a monster and an enemy of the people and of democracy.

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

AutumnW (27th May 2020), Baby Steps (27th May 2020), Bill Ryan (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (28th May 2020), Inaiá (27th May 2020), Kate (28th May 2020), Kryztian (27th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Rosemarie (29th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020), silvanelf (16th June 2020), Wind (28th May 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

There is a similarity between him and Trump in that the only reason such a person had a shot at power is the embedded corruption within the more moderate sections of the political establishment, which drove people to vote for a clean up candidate. I bet many regret it now.

Brazil's gold rush , that no democratic politician cannot accommodate to a degree is the rape of the amazon. You have desperate marginalised people , taking to the forest to exploit it in any way they can, this involves ecocide and a low intensity war with the indigenous, who are already losing the war with big corporate resource companies.

The world is very concerned about the rain forest because untold biodiversity is an asset that we are losing every day, because it carries no value in the free market, and at some point, maybe soon, the remaining forest will lose its ability to stabilise its own fragile wet climate, and desertification will set in.

prescriptions to remedy this sad state of affairs might be to pay Brazil for each part of forest that remains unsullied, or to give recognition to indigenous areas as semi-autonomous with the legal right to defend against the farmers and companies. Creating wealth and stability for most Brazilians would also prevent so many marginalised people heading west.

With Bolsonaro we have a character who is very distant from the kind of person who could embrace these remedies, he basically is an enabler of forest destruction and denier of the idea that the damage is a serious matter for the whole world. As a right winger he will be wholly in the pocket of large resource companies who wish to 'open up' the 'wilderness'.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	863.6 KB
ID:	43722
    Last edited by Baby Steps; 27th May 2020 at 20:46.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

AutumnW (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (28th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Rosemarie (29th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020), Tam (29th May 2020)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 times in 571 posts

I listened to him as well, and watched his body language. He referred to God enough times to make me pause. I got the impression he wants to put an end to the chaos initiated by the thugs. Remember while he was campaigning back in 2018, a mad man stabbed him. Bolsonaro's son said they downplayed his condition because he was running for office, but that stabbing injured his stomach, liver and intestines and he was gravely ill. Yet, he came back with a spirit to undo the violence. I heard him say, he would arm his citizens. Almost reminds me of the Rodrigo Duterte from the Phillipines who with a thunderous hand removed the thugs, cleaning up the city. I learned about him from my Mothers caregiver and then researched. Maybe a bigger thug needs to stop the other thugs when diplomacy doesn't work.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

Antagenet (17th June 2020), AutumnW (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), happyuk (28th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020), spade (28th May 2020)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tam (here)
    The vast majority of Brazilians hate him, and for good reason.
    Perhaps, but, in October 2018, he won the national election of Brazil with 55% of the vote. Not quite a landslide but a good solid victory. One wonders, what did the voters of Brazil know about him then, and what do they know about him now?

On 6 September 2018 he was stabbed in Minas Gerais, and because he was recovering from that, he missed all the presidential debates. One has to wonder if he got a sympathy vote. One might even wonder if he missed all the debates. His opponent in the runoff election Fernando Haddad of the Workers' Party - the party was extremely unpopular at the time because of charges of corruption in the party, charges which history now shows are overblown and over hyped.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AutumnW (27th May 2020), Baby Steps (27th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (28th May 2020), Inaiá (28th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020), Tam (29th May 2020)

35. Link to Post #18
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    I listened to him as well, and watched his body language. He referred to God enough times to make me pause. I got the impression he wants to put an end to the chaos initiated by the thugs. Remember while he was campaigning back in 2018, a mad man stabbed him. Bolsonaro's son said they downplayed his condition because he was running for office, but that stabbing injured his stomach, liver and intestines and he was gravely ill. Yet, he came back with a spirit to undo the violence. I heard him say, he would arm his citizens. Almost reminds me of the Rodrigo Duterte from the Phillipines who with a thunderous hand removed the thugs, cleaning up the city. I learned about him from my Mothers caregiver and then researched. Maybe a bigger thug needs to stop the other thugs when diplomacy doesn't work.
    Maybe you should read these comments a little more carefully. It would be a good start.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Inaiá (28th May 2020), Kryztian (28th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020)

37. Link to Post #19
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    Quote Posted by Tam (here)
    The vast majority of Brazilians hate him, and for good reason.
    Perhaps, but, in October 2018, he won the national election of Brazil with 55% of the vote. Not quite a landslide but a good solid victory. One wonders, what did the voters of Brazil know about him then, and what do they know about him now?

On 6 September 2018 he was stabbed in Minas Gerais, and because he was recovering from that, he missed all the presidential debates. One has to wonder if he got a sympathy vote. One might even wonder if he missed all the debates. His opponent in the runoff election Fernando Haddad of the Workers' Party - the party was extremely unpopular at the time because of charges of corruption in the party, charges which history now shows are overblown and over hyped.
    He is a populist and they manipulate public sentiment very effectively. And yes, South America has a terrible history of murdering union leaders etc.. historically backed by neocon Americans. They are active again in that part of the world, helping to install creeps like Bolsonaro and Trump and demonizing democratically elected Social Democrats in Venezuela.

Through Trump, they will be agitating for people to arm themselves, unmask or else fall prey to the "evil police state" when they are the evil police state themselves. God help America if Trump is reelected, because the populist playbook will have him taking his gloves off, in his second term.

But for those who voted for him and will in the future, by all means, have him have YOU demonizing Mexians and desperate Latinos, while you have YOUR rights slowly removed.

America is third world and approaching Brazil in terms of neocon manipulation and cruelty.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (28th May 2020), Inaiá (27th May 2020), Kryztian (27th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020), Tam (29th May 2020), Wind (28th May 2020)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Hi.

I'm brazilian. Although I feel that there really are no words to describe what Brazil is going through right now... i can give you my point of view and some facts.

Please pray for us on earth... and let's be our best. May love, light and justice win in all of us.

===================================================

Unfortunatly, Bolsonaro really said those things mentioned above... and worse.

For example: During the covid-19 pandemic (Bolsonaro is minimizing the deasease while governators and other polititians are doing their best pro isolation and health care) Bolsonaro said:

"With my athlete history, if i catch the coronavirus it will be like a little flu. (…) Only the old and the ones with already some other deasease will suffer" (Ps.: Bolsonaro was in the army, where he may have made some exercises... but he ended expelled of the army).

"So what?!?"... When asked about the record of dead brazilians of covid-19.

" I am not a gravedigger" ... when asked about the prediction of the coronavirus deaths on the country.

"Saturday we will make a big barbacue" ...on the weakend when Brazil reached 1000 deaths per day. He eventually cancealed the barbacue. He went jetskiing instead, all smiles, on that afternoon.

Governors and great part of the population are very disgusted by what Bolsonaro says and does. But a few people still belive in the fakenews that says he is "honest", "pro God", "pro family" and "pro Brasil", and that the worker's party (and as someone said, you bet any other party that tries to be there for the poor etc.) is corrupt and the worst thing in the history of the universe. They are messing with people feelings. People are in a trance. In the middle of a pandemic, it all gets even more difficult to deal with.

Regarding all of this Tereza Helena Gabrielli Barreto Campello, a brazilian ex-minister, made a great syntesis:

"Q .: Such a crisis gains even greater dimension, with Jair Bolsonaro as president?

A .: All countries are facing 1918, the health crisis of the Spanish flu, 1929, with the crash of the New York Stock Exchange and the respective productive and economic crisis, and 2008, the year of the financial crisis, at the same time. Brazil still faces a political crisis - it is the perfect storm. At a time of this seriousness, the president fights with the Senate, with the Chamber of Deputies and with the Supreme Federal Court, offends governors and municipalities and even disallows the health minister himself, who is trying to tackle the problem. Not even in the worst of the worst, in the worst of scenarios could such a president be imagined.".

It may seem delusional what someone tells about Bolsonaro and the current events in Brazil. But it's happening, here and now.

So maybe there are words to describe what we're going through: shock doctrine. I'll say something about that next.
    Last edited by Inaiá; 28th May 2020 at 01:02.
    We are walking together.

40. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Inaiá For This Post:

Cognitive Dissident (7th June 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (28th May 2020), Kate (28th May 2020), Kryztian (28th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Michi (28th May 2020), palehorse (28th May 2020), Praxis (28th May 2020), Sarah Rainsong (28th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020), silvanelf (16th June 2020), Tam (29th May 2020), Wind (28th May 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 6 LastLast