+ Reply to Thread

Thread: COVID-19 Changes For The Better

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member periol's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default COVID-19 Changes For The Better

I'm usually pretty heavily into non-standard (read: conspiratorial) explanations for things, but I think this virus is real and it's not man-made. The virus is making rapid changes in society and exposing areas of weakness all over - it is literally shining a light on some of what I believe to be truly evil parts of our civilization. It showed up the exact same time a comet passed through our solar system (I’ve read some of Rudolf Steiner's books, and he has quite a bit to say about the spiritual impact of comets), and it is radically changing society in ways that I doubt we will even understand completely for decades.

If COVID-19 is a conspiracy, I believe it's a cosmic spiritual conspiracy to push humankind in a direction we weren't willing to go ourselves. But we still have to make the choice to make the changes necessary.

Pollution is down. We can breathe and see again. Sunlight is the ultimate disinfectant for coronavirus. Central heat and AC are virus breeding grounds. The grocery stores can't quite provide all our needs anymore. The industrial meatpacking plants are viral breeding grounds. What does this mean? We need to stop shutting ourselves in our tiny boxes, and go live with nature, make gardens, be outside with animals, raise our own food. We've been living wrong, and now we need to live right. All of us.

This thing has also shown a beacon on how little most of the governments in the world care for their people. Lots of people who are more well-off seem to care about the economy, but there are very few who seem to care about health of all of us. For instance, in America, polling shows that the VAST majority of people do not want to go back to work until it's safe. Why? Because America's health infrastructure is terrible, and no one can afford to get coronavirus - I saw one guy had a $40,000 bill early on. Most people can't afford to pay for the test if they wanted to - I know I couldn't.

Here's a link highlighting another bonus - the militaries aren't coping well...

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020...on-of-war.html
    Quote Covid-19, an ongoing global human tragedy, may have at least one silver lining. It has led millions of people to question America’s most malignant policies at home and abroad.

Regarding Washington’s war policies abroad, there’s been speculation that the coronavirus might, in the end, put a dent in such conflicts, if not prove an unintended peacemaker — and with good reason, since a cash-flush Pentagon has proven impotent as a virus challenger. Meanwhile, it’s become ever more obvious that, had a fraction of “defense” spending been invested in chronically underfunded disease control agencies, this country’s response to the coronavirus crisis might have been so much better.

the spread of Covid-19 has offered a rare opportunity to raise questions, challenge frameworks, and critically consider what “ending” war might even mean for this country.
    In fairness, the article goes on to (cynically? realistically?) assume that America will just escalate the "shock and awe" and drones while focusing less on large-scale missions. Still, I'm not ready to be completely cynical yet. There is a clear chink in the armor of our social psychology that has been opened up by this virus. People are starting to realize that perhaps, actually, the emperor might not be wearing any clothes after all.

I'm curious what other positive results of the lockdown people are seeing. I think this is an epochal event - the world is rapidly changing in front of our eyes, but we might not even be able to grasp all the changes for decades, perhaps even centuries.

There are clearly dark powers scrambling to take advantage of this virus. But I really don't think they are in control. COVID-19 is changing things. What changes are you seeing? Do you think they can/will last?
    Last edited by periol; 27th May 2020 at 07:47.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to periol For This Post:

AutumnW (27th May 2020), Bill Ryan (27th May 2020), bojancan (27th May 2020), Chris Gilbert (28th May 2020), Elainie (28th May 2020), Eric J (Viking) (27th May 2020), gini (27th May 2020), greybeard (27th May 2020), Gwin Ru (28th May 2020), happyuk (29th May 2020), Kalamos (27th May 2020), kudzy (27th May 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th May 2020), silvanelf (30th May 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (27th May 2020), wondering (27th May 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Default Re: COVID-19 Changes For The Better

It's a terrible virus but as close to perfection as anything can be to kickstart immediate change. Very refined way of viewing it. What is that word? Sublime. That's it..a terrible beauty.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th May 2020), bojancan (27th May 2020), greybeard (27th May 2020), kudzy (27th May 2020), periol (27th May 2020), silvanelf (30th May 2020), wondering (27th May 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 times in 914 posts

Nice thread,I love the ability to see the positives in any thing that appears as only negative at first sight.
    I think its the art of living to seek & find that positiveness in everything.
    Another way of saying would be to see the divine design in the big picture,thats when one sees the beauty,wich gives so much ,if not all the meaning in life!
    And yes since we are all one,its a conspiracy against ourselves to wake up and live the life a level higher

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th May 2020), bojancan (27th May 2020), kfm27917 (27th May 2020), wondering (30th May 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,779 times in 373 posts

Quote Posted by periol (here)
    Pollution is down. We can breathe and see again. Sunlight is the ultimate disinfectant for coronavirus. Central heat and AC are virus breeding grounds. The grocery stores can't quite provide all our needs anymore. The industrial meatpacking plants are viral breeding grounds. What does this mean? We need to stop shutting ourselves in our tiny boxes, and go live with nature, make gardens, be outside with animals, raise our own food. We've been living wrong, and now we need to live right. All of us.
    One of the good things I noticed that came out of the recent 'lockdown' is that more people are getting outside and exercising in the fresh air (fresher, now that there are fewer cars and industrial plants polluting it). In my local area, the council has even closed the parklands to vehicular traffic because there are so many more people out walking. I've also noticed that many more people will say "hello" to each other when they pass in the street and are far less 'preoccupied' than usual. The interesting thing is, many of my friends and colleagues have noticed the same thing in their own local areas and have commented on it. The 'fear' of getting sick is losing its grip on many, because people seem to be making a choice to come together and do healthy things. The synchronicity is palpable.

I think that if a large-scale awakening is coming, it's likely to start with lots of smaller-scale episodes of synchronicity like this one. A naïve view perhaps, but we may end up looking back at this moment as an important catalyst for positive change in our timeline.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tigger For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th May 2020), bojancan (27th May 2020), Elainie (28th May 2020), gini (27th May 2020), Gwin Ru (29th May 2020), meeradas (28th May 2020), onawah (28th May 2020), silvanelf (30th May 2020), wondering (28th May 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

A friend of ours, Loren, pointed out an amazing change for the better in the 'Face mask' thread a couple of days ago that I hadn't thought of. And all credit has to go to the Covid-19 virus!

"I wear one to put other people at ease , grocery store... but I don't agree with them or anything else we are suppose to do. If I had the flu I'd stay home and away from elderly and people with respiratory problems like any other virus. By now everyone has it whether it shows up or not . Covic 19 has cured all diseases , everyone that dies is because of it now. "

No one dies anymore from other diseases! All deaths are attributed to Covid-19.
    So Covid-19 has single-handedly eliminated every other disease on the planet!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

gini (28th May 2020), greybeard (28th May 2020), happyuk (29th May 2020), onawah (28th May 2020), wondering (28th May 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member DSKlausler's Avatar
    Language
    Kings' English (colored)
    Thanks

Hmmm... Lies, all lies - which has been the modus operandi of the government, medical and religious figureheads for a good long time. Now more exposed than ever - a big plus.

I had the [dis]pleasure of becoming aware of the irrational, but very real and actual fear within some individuals quite close to me. Those relationships will never be the same; both pluses and minuses there.
    Anything is possible with the proper training.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DSKlausler For This Post:

gini (28th May 2020), graciousb (30th May 2020), happyuk (29th May 2020), meeradas (28th May 2020), wondering (28th May 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,396 times in 32,916 posts

I wrote here, yesterday:
    • There's much that has come to light because of all this — and this is a good thing. The malfeasance of the WHO (= "wrongdoing, especially by a public official") has been laid bare and is in full view. Similarly for Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, all of whom overplayed their hand in way-too-blatant censorship of good people trying to share sometimes even quite reasonable views and information. That'll never be forgotten. And look at what the US Federal Reserve has been doing... it's a trillion-dollar money grab, Robin Hood in reverse. (I'd predict the backlash will be in a couple years' time.)
    • Individuals, too, have come into the spotlight, and rightly so. That 20,000 watt halogen light now stays on, and the beam will follow them. Bill Gates, Jack Dorsey, Mark Zuckerberg, Jerome Powell (head of the Fed), Anthony Fauci, Dr Robert Redfield (head of the CDC). And on the other side of the world, Xi Jinping (of course). China is exposed, too.
    To add to that, many countries have been made aware all too clearly about the dangers of internationally stretched supply chains, particularly with so much having been outsourced to Chinese factories. That's now in the spotlight as well. The likely result of that is that quite a lot of manufacturing will be "brought back home", even if costs are greater, and/or ensuring that there are many alternative sources for essential goods, not just one.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (29th May 2020), DaveToo (29th May 2020), gini (29th May 2020), graciousb (30th May 2020), Gwin Ru (29th May 2020), happyuk (29th May 2020), Harmony (30th May 2020), Tigger (30th May 2020), wondering (30th May 2020), Yoda (29th May 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,243 times in 942 posts

One positive result that I would hope to see continue is far far less commuting and more home working.

To be honest I have been disappointed that this has not been taken up much more prior to the covid scare, with the explosion in internet usage there seems little reason why this could not have been so.

For some decades now we have been told that the electronic revolution will render commuting to work less and less necessary; that there is not reason why people cannot stay at home and conduct all their business by phone, email, texting, messaging etc etc.

Prior to the outbreak this did not seem to be happening, even in jobs where there was no compelling reason it could not happen.

Unfortunately from my experience of the office world and through working in industry in general, it would seem people want to be there and are scared of being left out of the rat race.

Of course in many jobs like healthcare, lab work, construction and many other professions, men and women absolutely have to be there, at the site where the production is actually taking place.

But that still leaves a huge number of people that really don't need to be there, those company cars screaming past us in a perilous fashion, some asshole in a shirt and tie going to yet another of his interminable "catch-ups".

The firms that pay them should be taxed accordingly for the extra noise and pollution they cause.

There's a lot we can do to secure this kind of de-mobilization - buying local produce for example, stop getting into debt buying easily-damaged rubbish from the far east, to name just a few.
    Last edited by happyuk; 30th May 2020 at 19:34.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

wondering (2nd June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread