+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chronic Police Harrassment and Fining the Poor

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Default Chronic Police Harrassment and Fining the Poor

This is how many cash strapped municipalities generated much of their revenue. I think the local judicial system has changed, but am not sure.

A simple unpaid traffic ticket would lead to incarceration in Ferguson, and even if it is just for a day or a week, it became part of a record that disqualitifed a person from entering into mainstream society, job wise, housing wise, etc...

It guaranteed that the poor would become fodder for the prison system...a prison system where they were and are used to do most of the manufacturing currently done in the States. That part is ongoing and will ramp up, no doubt.

Anyway, most of you probably know about the Ferguson riots, so no need to bang that drum all over for you. But what led up to the riots formed the greater cause of the rioting there. If you watch the last third of the video you will get a full bodied explanation of the lead up to the riots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzGqNlC2UyU

Most of this info will be right off your radar, as it is not in American mainstream media's interest to report it. It was also not covered sufficiently in the alternative media.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th May 2020), christian (30th May 2020), Harmony (30th May 2020), Mike (29th May 2020), O Donna (30th May 2020), Sadieblue (30th May 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th May 2020), Tam (30th May 2020), toppy (30th May 2020), Valerie Villars (30th May 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Chronic Police Harrassment and Fining the Poor

Autumn, I am so glad you posted this. It needs to be looked at in the cold, hard, grey, dawn of a day or an equally unadorned evening. In the mirror, wrinkles and all; no rose colored glasses.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th May 2020), Harmony (30th May 2020), Tam (30th May 2020), toppy (30th May 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Default Re: Chronic Police Harrassment and Fining the Poor

Thanks Valerie,

I think the Chrisian "love thy neighbour," means you have to first understand them! I would be freaked out if I had to live with poverty weighing me down and then the added burden of a judicial system throwing me in jail for not being able to pay a simple fine!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th May 2020), Harmony (30th May 2020), Tam (30th May 2020), toppy (30th May 2020)

+ Reply to Thread