+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I under illegal house arrest?

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,039 times in 645 posts

Default Am I under illegal house arrest?

Is this covid-19 pullava and the means by which the Uk govt are dealing with it their way of putting me under an illegal house arrest?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

greybeard (30th May 2020), happyuk (30th May 2020), Sunny-side-up (30th May 2020), toppy (31st May 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Default Re: Am I under illegal house arrest?

Coronavirus: One of the UK’s richest men launches legal challenge over lockdown
    Yahoo News UK Jimmy Nsubuga,Yahoo News UK

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/coronaviru...183107124.html

A businessman worth £142 million is launching a legal challenge against the government over the coronavirus lockdown.

Simon Dolan, 50, who owns Jota Aviation, intends to go forward with a judicial review if some of the restrictions are not eased.

He described the measures as ‘draconian’, bad for the economy and likely to cause more deaths than save lives.

Dolan, from Essex, said: “Too many people are losing their jobs; people can’t get cancer treatment, there is suicide, domestic violence. Why are we prevaricating?

“It’s like the government is now keeping this going to justify their original decision, whereas what they should do is say we did this and now we are doing something different.”

Dolan stressed he did not want to make things even more chaotic during the pandemic but he was eager for the public to choose if they wanted to self-isolate or not.

His lawyer Michael Gardner, who has delivered a “Letter Before Action”, has given a deadline of Thursday for a satisfactory response or he will request an urgent court hearing.
    Latest coronavirus news, updates and advice

Dolan, who claims to not support any political party, added: “The lockdown is telling us to stop living to avoid dying.

“To imprison people in their homes is an extremely dramatic decision to make.

“It is unprecedented and it would have been a brave Boris to say ‘no, we are not going to do that’, but it has gone on too long now, and we need to lift it or loosen it.”

Dolan is also requesting minutes from meetings from scientific advice group Sage since the pandemic began.

He added a crowdfunding page was only set up to raise money if the action became prolonged and said it was already funded to the court stage.

Dolan said crowdfunding would also test the support of people for the action depending on how much they contributed.

Boris Johnson said on Thursday Britain was now past the peak of its coronavirus outbreak and promised to set out a plan next week on how the country might start gradually easing restrictions.

Dolan’s court action is similar to that taken by Gina Miller over Boris Johnson’s decision to prorogue Parliament last year.

First posted here
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1354399

The "Magna carta" probably set out the people rights .
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

angelfire (31st May 2020), happyuk (30th May 2020), Ioneo (30th May 2020), jjjones (31st May 2020), raregem (30th May 2020), Satori (30th May 2020), scotslad (30th May 2020), Sunny-side-up (30th May 2020), toppy (31st May 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

Click here to see Simon Dolan's legal case against the UK government.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Satori (30th May 2020), scotslad (30th May 2020), toppy (31st May 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,622 times in 602 posts

The Control of Diseases (1984) Act which ultimately is supposed to give authority to the lockdown enforcement as I understand it, doesn't seem to allow for the quarantining of the domestic population. It only does so in the very limited scope of people coming off international flights. (See section 45B).

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1984/22

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indigopete For This Post:

happyuk (31st May 2020), scotslad (31st May 2020), toppy (31st May 2020)

+ Reply to Thread