Thread: Ending Old Alliances

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Default Ending Old Alliances

I am just curious if anyone else has noticed a trend this week where people have ended what I will just broadly refer to as an alliance. But a definite ending. I have known no less than four specific people who have ended an alliance or relationship. The spans from long-term relationships being ended to jobs/careers being totally reconsidered and revamped.

There are so many factors that could be playing into why this is, but I think the most obvious is simply the state of the world and how everything is really making people look hard at their lives. Anyone else notice this? Have an experience they don't mind sharing?

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Anka (6th June 2020), AutumnW (6th June 2020), Baby Steps (5th June 2020), Bill Ryan (5th June 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (6th June 2020), DeDukshyn (5th June 2020), EFO (6th June 2020), Forest Denizen (6th June 2020), Gwin Ru (6th June 2020), Harmony (6th June 2020), Hym (6th June 2020), jjjones (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), Mike (6th June 2020), O Donna (6th June 2020), onevoice (6th June 2020), rgray222 (6th June 2020), Sadieblue (6th June 2020), silvanelf (5th June 2020), Tintin (6th June 2020), toppy (6th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,771 times in 4,375 posts

Default Re: Ending Old Alliances

Here is an example of a braveheart man's introspection:

Craig Murray
    Historian, Former Ambassador, Human Rights Activist

An Apology

by craig 5 Jun, 2020

I owe an apology to all those who are kind enough to subscribe to my blog. I was determined that I would not let my impending trial affect my output, but have been unable to see that through. It is partly because preparation does take up much more time than I had imagined. But it is mostly because I find it hard to put my mind to anything else and really concentrate.

I do not want to give you the impression that I am very worried, or depressed. I am rather angry; a deep, seething anger that keeps breaking into my thoughts. I am rather worried about this. I can with fairness claim to have devoted much of my life to fighting against injustice. I was prepared to sacrifice an extremely prestigious and lucrative career to take a stand against UK complicity in torture, driven largely by empathy for the victims. I have assisted with numerous individual human rights cases and particularly asylum claims, including representing people, without fee, before immigration courts. But I am nonetheless alarmed by how much more viscerally angry I am when the injustice is against myself than when it is against another. I am aware that is very unattractive. This fury at being personally mistreated is disproportionate and quite wrong, and ought not to stop me working. I feel guilty about it.

Among the results is a very annoying writers’ block. I have been intending this last five days to write an article on Barack Obama’s failure while President to tackle institutional racism and societal inequalities in the USA, and relate that to the remarkable fact he paid much less attention to aid to Africa than George W Bush. I enjoy writing most when I am running counter to the prevailing narrative and pointing to inconvenient fact. But the lines of logic refuse to flow, the fascinating asides do not pop up, and then I remember something else I must tell my lawyers.

Please do not worry. I am not sad, and my anger does not manifest itself by being horrible to others; on the contrary, for once I seem to be particularly considerate to my family and appreciative of how fortunate I am. The purpose of this post is to apologise to you, and thank you for your patience. It is not a signal of giving up – I do not intend to wait until after the trial before getting back to normal. Please bear with me.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Anka (6th June 2020), AutumnW (6th June 2020), Bill Ryan (6th June 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (6th June 2020), EFO (6th June 2020), Harmony (6th June 2020), jjjones (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), Mike (6th June 2020), onevoice (6th June 2020), Sadieblue (6th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th June 2020), Tam (6th June 2020), Tintin (6th June 2020), toppy (6th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,445 times in 1,007 posts

I do not have such an experience, but, if I may, I can say that friendships should reflect our built character and not the surrounding situations that may facilitate the conclusion of an armistice, or an agreement in terms of friendship.
    I think that a war of perception is enough in our times (and always in various historical examples of times) and we do not need to become enemies in the trenches dug by others.

There are so many songs, movies and shows that describe the difficulties of a romantic breakup. But when it comes to the end of a friendship, we feel we are on our own. That's why I think the end of a friendship is more difficult than a breakup!

We learn how to make friends, how to include them in our lives when we are young. Friendships become more and more important as we get older. These can be a stronger predictor of family well-being as we age. If friendships are so important, why not talk about what to do when they end?
    There is this preconception that friendships are easy for adults. But this is not true for many people. Beautiful moments, difficult stages and the end of a friendship can be as difficult to manage as those in romantic relationships, if not harder.
    There have always been mitigating circumstances for different crises at different levels and historical times, and every time we all said, "This is the end," we started from the beginning. Sad, but mostly true I would say.

Of course, there may be humiliation, mistrust and other concepts invented by man, but we all deal with this and make our way among them instead of seeing the whole of a larger image.
    It's as if we all forgot what indulgence and patience mean, jumping directly to conclusions that we also find and dislike, it's complicated but almost natural, the problem is that suffering distorts the other natural path of positive creative evolution.

Due to the fact that the end of friendships is not discussed as much as partings, people may feel that they are alone in this struggle to make friendships work. Instead of asking for support and advice from other friends, they tend to keep things to themselves. But this practice can make them feel even more isolated.

In my opinion, the truth is painful, but healthy!

I don't think I completed the idea..., but that's what I would say along the way.
    And all this to be just human.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

AutumnW (6th June 2020), Bill Ryan (6th June 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (6th June 2020), earthdreamer (6th June 2020), EFO (6th June 2020), Gwin Ru (6th June 2020), Harmony (6th June 2020), jjjones (7th June 2020), Mike (6th June 2020), O Donna (6th June 2020), Sadieblue (6th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,711 times in 5,525 posts

Quote Posted by Gwin Ru (here)
    Here is an example of a braveheart man's introspection:

Craig Murray
    Historian, Former Ambassador, Human Rights Activist

An Apology

by craig 5 Jun, 2020

I owe an apology to all those who are kind enough to subscribe to my blog. I was determined that I would not let my impending trial affect my output, but have been unable to see that through. It is partly because preparation does take up much more time than I had imagined. But it is mostly because I find it hard to put my mind to anything else and really concentrate.

I do not want to give you the impression that I am very worried, or depressed. I am rather angry; a deep, seething anger that keeps breaking into my thoughts. I am rather worried about this. I can with fairness claim to have devoted much of my life to fighting against injustice. I was prepared to sacrifice an extremely prestigious and lucrative career to take a stand against UK complicity in torture, driven largely by empathy for the victims. I have assisted with numerous individual human rights cases and particularly asylum claims, including representing people, without fee, before immigration courts. But I am nonetheless alarmed by how much more viscerally angry I am when the injustice is against myself than when it is against another. I am aware that is very unattractive. This fury at being personally mistreated is disproportionate and quite wrong, and ought not to stop me working. I feel guilty about it.

Among the results is a very annoying writers’ block. I have been intending this last five days to write an article on Barack Obama’s failure while President to tackle institutional racism and societal inequalities in the USA, and relate that to the remarkable fact he paid much less attention to aid to Africa than George W Bush. I enjoy writing most when I am running counter to the prevailing narrative and pointing to inconvenient fact. But the lines of logic refuse to flow, the fascinating asides do not pop up, and then I remember something else I must tell my lawyers.

Please do not worry. I am not sad, and my anger does not manifest itself by being horrible to others; on the contrary, for once I seem to be particularly considerate to my family and appreciative of how fortunate I am. The purpose of this post is to apologise to you, and thank you for your patience. It is not a signal of giving up – I do not intend to wait until after the trial before getting back to normal. Please bear with me.
    I subscribe to his blog - outside of the forum he's the only other site I'm subscribed to. He's a real gentleman.

i actually wrote a brief comment on this blog post in the comments section there apologising for not being able to contribute to his defence fund. Which reminds me, I was going to start a thread in case others wanted to sign his letter.

Here's the link to the relevant article on his blog.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Anka (6th June 2020), AutumnW (6th June 2020), Bill Ryan (6th June 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (6th June 2020), EFO (6th June 2020), Gwin Ru (6th June 2020), Harmony (6th June 2020), jjjones (7th June 2020), rgray222 (9th June 2020), Sadieblue (6th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

From where I sit I have been seeing alliances ending rapidly over the last 8 years. I am talking about political, personal, ideological, and even business relationships. I have looked on in awe as well established tolerant people have become indignant and at times hateful towards each other. I have watched the media and politicians label people for quite some time and now individuals are beginning to define themselves by those labels. When people identify by race, wealth, gender, age, or even sexual preference this becomes extremely problematic for society. Instead of focusing on the betterment of the larger society people tend to fight for and defend their tribe. Over the past few years, I have even seen a few tribes rise up on Avalon, fortunately people seem to eventually come to their sense, leave or they are banished, Avalon is probably the exception to the larger population which has become increasingly intolerant and spiteful.

I really haven't had too much of a chance to process the information that is coming in so rapidly but at first blush, my guess is this hatefulness that has engulfed society is intentional. On top of that, we have had a generation of young adults that have been attending university around the world and they have been trained to eliminate opposition. Anytime a voice from another tribe speaks out they will immediately silence that voice. They have also been trained to forego debate or discussion, it is too slow and too cumbersome. It is almost as if a civil war mentality is percolating just below the surface.

I don't necessarily have any fear over the present conditions of the world because one voice has not been heard from yet, the silent majority. They will eventually speak up and shake every tree in the jungle with a thunderous roar. This will silence the hateful media, tribal leaders and those on the fringe. We just don't know what the silent majority will say when they speak.
    Last edited by rgray222; 6th June 2020 at 02:47.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Anka (6th June 2020), AutumnW (6th June 2020), Bill Ryan (6th June 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (6th June 2020), earthdreamer (7th June 2020), EFO (6th June 2020), Gwin Ru (6th June 2020), Harmony (6th June 2020), Hym (6th June 2020), jjjones (7th June 2020), onevoice (6th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

I received an email from a friend of roughly 30 years that was so pointedly cruel that I ended the friendship right then and there, after I picked my jaw up off the floor. That's it...and there is no going back. She revealed her true colors. So yes, things are changing, alliances are shifting. That was just over a week ago. First time I have ever cut somebody right out of my life immediately, with the thought she might be sociopathic. Many tells over the years, but I ignored them for the sake of loyalty.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Anka (6th June 2020), Bill Ryan (6th June 2020), EFO (6th June 2020), Gwin Ru (6th June 2020), Harmony (6th June 2020), jjjones (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 times in 1,716 posts

Quote Posted by Sarah Rainsong (here)
    I am just curious if anyone else has noticed a trend this week where people have ended what I will just broadly refer to as an alliance. But a definite ending. I have known no less than four specific people who have ended an alliance or relationship. The spans from long-term relationships being ended to jobs/careers being totally reconsidered and revamped.

There are so many factors that could be playing into why this is, but I think the most obvious is simply the state of the world and how everything is really making people look hard at their lives. Anyone else notice this? Have an experience they don't mind sharing?
    This week no,but yes in past time and there was a lot of them happening with no apparently reason,but with a subtle reason which lead me to the question:"Why sharks are afraid of dolphins?" and my "answer" is:"Because they laugh and are happy most of their time and talk a lot."

Dj Neptune "Nobody" (Acapella Afro Beats) /// Free Beat for Artistes and Content Creators
    (2:25 min.)
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Anka (6th June 2020), Bill Ryan (6th June 2020), Gwin Ru (6th June 2020), Harmony (6th June 2020), jjjones (7th June 2020), rgray222 (6th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 647 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    I received an email from a friend of roughly 30 years that was so pointedly cruel that I ended the friendship right then and there, after I picked my jaw up off the floor. That's it...and there is no going back. She revealed her true colors. So yes, things are changing, alliances are shifting. That was just over a week ago. First time I have ever cut somebody right out of my life immediately, with the thought she might be sociopathic. Many tells over the years, but I ignored them for the sake of loyalty.
    I have a similar experience. Also a friend from High School days (30 years, and even more). I always knew he was only a little awake to these matters but thought he was a little open(minded) about these issues (conspiracy research, alternative views,etc.) due to some more superficial conversations we had about politics and health and social topics, etc.

Since he was also into nature and naturopathy I sent him the petition (in my country) against the impending/planned forceful vaccinations by law and the immune card etc. thinking it would be something for him.

Well. His answer shocked me because it was entirely zombie-like by just parroting all the 'official' mainstream views stating how important it is that we all get vaccinated against Corona and also regarding the kindergarden and schoolchildren being vaxxed forcefully (recently introduced in my country for measles!) etc. and how important that would be and that anti-vaxxers generally are antisocial (herd immunity and all that...).

I was so taken aback I knew I would never answer that email again. I still am shocked. What a f....g idiot.

Times of an overall Schism we live in.

Sad, very sad.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th June 2020), earthdreamer (7th June 2020), EFO (6th June 2020), Gwin Ru (6th June 2020), Harmony (6th June 2020), jjjones (7th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread