+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UFOs and Magic...

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default UFOs and Magic...

I have and do write under a few different names, in a few different places. The following post was an article I wrote for SpacedOutRadio. I like to think of things a little differently to my own "Bias". I know that may sound strange; but I like to approach questions, issues and problems from a 3rd person perspective of someone else; that in intself is an interesting thought experiment to do.

Here is the article I wrote and I thought I would share with my fellow Avalonians - part of my 3rd brain as you may find it interesting.

UFOs & Magic
    Join me in a thought experiment where it doesn’t matter if you agree or disagree, all the following is all made up anyway;

Two Villages…
    Let’s say there are two villages that have never interacted with each other but in almost every other way they are identical, bar one thing. In one of the villages, all of the inhabitants believe in magic. They have a village shaman and believe in magics applications and effects and even consult the Shaman for advice on their lives.

The second village has no concept of what magic is and therefore has no basis of belief in magic at all.

Which community would be more likely to experience “Magic”?

Whilst these maybe interesting questions – There is no right or wrong answer, we simply don’t know, but could we apply the same line of thinking to Ufology and those that report sightings of anomalous objects in the sky and their bedrooms?

What impact does believing have on experiencing?

Giving Permission…
    If we believe in UFOs and all of the associated memes, themes and theories out there as to what they “actually” are. By believing in these memes, are we giving an unseen phenomenon permission to exist as expected and to interact with us? Could it be as simple as the simple mental process of “believing” gives the phenomenon “permission” to manifest and appear before us?

Running with this theory as is, it does hint that there could be a symbiotic relationship going on between humans and the phenomenon itself. If this was the case, it could be assumed that certain people may have the power to summon the phenomenon either by will or indeed at times; accidentally.

The Magic Esoteric Occult Connection…
    There may be uncomfortable Occult connections within Ufology, which surprisingly either people are not aware of or are and just choose to ignore. It could be argued that the memes and breadcrumbs that have been dropped for the UFO community previously – may well have “some” of these belief systems behind them, of which we are simply not aware. Should we heed the advice of the village shaman or steer clear of it all together?

Back at the homestead…
    If there were two villages and one believed in UFOs and the other did not; Which village would have more UFO sightings?

I know which Village I would put my money on – where would you put yours?

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pigsy2400 For This Post:

Agape (19th June 2020), aoibhghaire (20th June 2020), Art (20th June 2020), Ben (20th June 2020), Bill Ryan (19th June 2020), Bluegreen (21st June 2020), Kalamos (19th June 2020), mab777 (19th June 2020), Peter UK (19th June 2020), Richard S. (20th June 2020), toppy (19th June 2020), Victoria (19th June 2020), william r sanford72 (19th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Default Re: UFOs and Magic...

I seem to remember that JPL (USA aviation co.)was created on a site where Aleister Crowley performed a magic rite linking the location with a location in England. Anyone else remember something about that? And many UFOs have been seen above ancient sites which sit on where leylines intersect or where earth energy grid points intersect.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

aoibhghaire (20th June 2020), Ben (20th June 2020), Bill Ryan (19th June 2020), toppy (19th June 2020), Victoria (19th June 2020), Wansen (19th June 2020), william r sanford72 (19th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

JPL Labs - was supposedly named after Crowleys protege - Jack Parsons, "Jack Parsons Labs; JPL" - is a running theme that many believe to be true. The connections with Aerospace and the Occult are strong. I have also heard that on Jacks Birthday, some employees of JPL dress up as him too...

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pigsy2400 For This Post:

aoibhghaire (20th June 2020), Ben (20th June 2020), Bill Ryan (19th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (19th June 2020), Peter UK (19th June 2020), scotslad (20th June 2020), toppy (19th June 2020), william r sanford72 (19th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,354 times in 4,612 posts

No impact but if you be coming out with hypothesis rather than direct question to ET experiences rather than believers I’d recommend deeper inspection to the subject.

The thing is: whatever we may believe to be true trying to postulate magical( todays scientific) relationship between the human observer and ET subject of observation is called illusory, hypothetical because not precisely fitting,
    therefor all such magical ideas are biased and imperfect.

The original tribal society understands that with humor, some drama but mostly sane distance.

It’s the modern society of today where people totally believe in printed version of who they are, using far more convincing methods of magic such as various levels of social programming.

On the thin cutting edge someone with awareness of ET contact, potentially a discrete experiencer of that awareness includes billion people these days, if people are questioned. Most problematically and while we may have got proof for ourselves it could not be granted to the majority of people who are not asking those questions.

It may suffice to say that all “my beliefs” are insubstantial and unrelated to the landscape and factography of ET contact.

🌟xxxxxx

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

aoibhghaire (20th June 2020), Ben (20th June 2020), Bill Ryan (19th June 2020), pigsy2400 (22nd June 2020), Sunny (19th June 2020), william r sanford72 (19th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread