Thread: My UFO encounter

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thumbs up My UFO encounter

Year 1997/98

Hi all, thought I'd share my UFO encounter from years ago whilst away holidaying with my mates.

There were about 8 or so of us, making merry on our hotel balcony which looked generally out towards the sea. The beer was flowing and the music was thumping. We used to 'pre game' with cheap San Miguel lager on our balcony from 7-ish up until around midnight, which was when we'd all then head out on the town - well oiled.

So there we were, the sun was not long gone down and it was twilight. Suddenly my mate to my right exclaimed abrupty: "WTF???" - to which I then turned to him and saw him looking out towards the coast with this incredulous look on his face. I looked in the direction he was looking and saw roughly 10 or so (horizontally straight) bright amber lights coming directly towards our hotel. After a couple of seconds, the view of them became momentarily obscured by the hotel opposite us as they drew closer. Just as they were about to come flying directly above us, I stood up to get a view of what I'd assume was a 'microlight stunt group' with lights attached - pretty much like the ones we saw in Ibiza a few years earlier.

To my amazement, as they cleared the hotel opposite and flew diretly over - I was shocked to see a V-formation of bright amber lights - each one I'd say was roughly the size of a small car and each one (and this bit is a bit difficult to remember) were very brightly self-lit, bizarre, irregular shapes, with what looked like angular appendages protruding from them. They flew directly overhead at a distance I would have been able to hit with a stone if I threw one at them. As they cleared our hotel, I stood there absolutely gobsmacked. We then all charged out to the back of the hotel to see where they were headed - it was only a single facing hotel so this took us about what, 20 seconds - and they were nowhere to be seen!!?

I came inside our room - I remember sitting on a bed in shock for a few minutes. This was in the days before mobile phones and I distinctly remember thinking about phoning my parents from the payphone booth downstairs, and asking if there is some sort of alien invasion happening (we had no TV, so no news). After I composed myself though, I thought better of it. I had a discussion with a few of the lads about what we just witnessed, and it transpired that some of them didn't see it, and instead were looking at me freaking out rather than looking up. So although I can't say how many of us saw them - I can say for sure that at least 2 of us definitely did. One of the lads swore to me it was a single craft, with one of the lights moving sideways, which I was a bit dubious about, since I was personally convinced they were all separate.

I often think back to the sighting still wondering all these years later what the hell I saw. I've tried to rationalize it but to no avail. Was it radioactive geese? I do find it odd that these UFO's chose - out of everywhere to fly in the world - to fly directly over our balcony that night. Were they somehow telepathically drawn to the hedonistic stupour and energy that we were somehow radiating into the ether?

One more thing - when I have watched documentaries about the Phoenix lights - and I mean the earlier sighting of the V shaped craft, not the later 'flares' - it does sound remarkably similar to that and it happened roughly around the same time!
    Last edited by Thule; 23rd June 2020 at 15:00.

2. The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to Thule For This Post:

Agape (26th June 2020), Anka (27th June 2020), aoibhghaire (23rd June 2020), Arak (25th June 2020), Baby Steps (24th June 2020), Ben (24th June 2020), Bill Ryan (24th June 2020), Billy (25th June 2020), Bluegreen (23rd June 2020), Chip (25th June 2020), ChristianSky (23rd June 2020), Did You See Them (24th June 2020), EFO (23rd June 2020), Forest Denizen (24th June 2020), Gracy (24th June 2020), Hym (25th June 2020), Ivanhoe (24th June 2020), Jake (23rd June 2020), Joseph McAree (24th June 2020), Justplain (24th June 2020), Kryztian (24th June 2020), meeradas (23rd June 2020), O Donna (23rd June 2020), palehorse (25th June 2020), Peter UK (23rd June 2020), Rawhide68 (23rd June 2020), Sadieblue (24th June 2020), scotslad (24th June 2020), Siphonemis (24th June 2020), Sunny (24th June 2020), Sunny-side-up (24th June 2020), Tintin (24th June 2020), TomKat (27th June 2020), toppy (23rd June 2020), Tyy1907 (23rd June 2020), Valerie Villars (23rd June 2020), varuna (23rd June 2020), Victoria (24th June 2020), william r sanford72 (23rd June 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,877 times in 1,034 posts

Default Re: My UFO encounter

Thanks for sharing your encounter. Can I ask if you were aware of any sound from the objects or anything about the ambient sounds, I should image being Benidorm there was still quite a background racket. Have you ever tried to find collaborating sightings from that date ?

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

aoibhghaire (24th June 2020), Ben (24th June 2020), Bill Ryan (24th June 2020), Forest Denizen (24th June 2020), Gracy (24th June 2020), Kryztian (24th June 2020), palehorse (25th June 2020), Peter UK (24th June 2020), Sadieblue (25th June 2020), Tintin (24th June 2020), Victoria (26th June 2020), william r sanford72 (27th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

If I may, share an experience I had at 09:30 in the morning....

...I washing the breakfast dishes looking out the window...

...facing a "man" looking at me approx 40 ft away from my kitchen window.

It was raining.

I stay 1m+ from nearest village on a farmhouse 60m north of aberdeen in the rural highlands of scotland.

"He" looked at me, I was watching him motionless for about a minute.

I opened the back door and let the dog out.

He was standing in door way of my barn and he looked like a policeman with a V necked jumper but -

NO FACiAL FEAUREs at all.

He turned and walked 90 degrees and my dog ran out between the barns barking.

I walked out too to where "he" was standing.

No sign. No evidence. No car, landrover. No person, nothing.

I stay approx 0.5m from main road and can see right up the track to the main road - NOTHING.

No person(s). No vehicles. Nothing.

That's not the weird bit - the dog was still barking.

Bear with me.

THAT NIGHT....

I get a skype call from a friend in south africa...

"You had a visitor today" - "dont worry about it"

"He wanted to share an experience with you and it was to do with your barn. Not physical, but he changed the electomagnetic makeup to help a young girl close to you."

"He will continue to visit you - inside your home and will re-assure you 'he' is close"

No craft. No "evidence".

BUT....

I didnt ask for it, wasnt thinking about such things, no intention, no belief....

and a FRIEND DESCRIBES MY EXPERIENCE on a SKYPE CHAT that nigt

(Also explained that "he" was from the plaides.)

Felt compelled to share today.

Also, continue to - several times a week to receive - non physical tapping on my head, like a silent hairdryer....

...and my firend in S.A. says I'm now receiving guidance to keep on form, and on point on my journey.

NOT HEARD ANYTHING. NOT SEEN ANYTHING SINCE. JUST CALM, COLLECTED AND FOCUSED ON GOING FORWARD.

All true. thank you.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Agape (26th June 2020), Bluegreen (25th June 2020), Chip (25th June 2020), Did You See Them (26th June 2020), Hym (25th June 2020), Jad (26th June 2020), Justplain (24th June 2020), palehorse (25th June 2020), Peter UK (24th June 2020), Rawhide68 (25th June 2020), Sadieblue (25th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (24th June 2020), Victoria (26th June 2020), william r sanford72 (26th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Did You See Them (here)
    Thanks for sharing your encounter. Can I ask if you were aware of any sound from the objects or anything about the ambient sounds, I should image being Benidorm there was still quite a background racket. Have you ever tried to find collaborating sightings from that date ?
    They were silent.

We was staying slighly in the area where the locals lived in apartment blocks (thanks club 18-30, this got us into trouble several times for partying) and we were close to the top of the hotel so background noise wasn't really an issue.

I have tried to google sightings in Spain for around that same year, but have never found anything close to similar.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    If I may, share an experience I had at 09:30 in the morning....

...I washing the breakfast dishes looking out the window...

...facing a "man" looking at me approx 40 ft away from my kitchen window.

It was raining.

I stay 1m+ from nearest village on a farmhouse 60m north of aberdeen in the rural highlands of scotland.

"He" looked at me, I was watching him motionless for about a minute.

I opened the back door and let the dog out.

He was standing in door way of my barn and he looked like a policeman with a V necked jumper but -

NO FACiAL FEAUREs at all.

He turned and walked 90 degrees and my dog ran out between the barns barking.

I walked out too to where "he" was standing.

No sign. No evidence. No car, landrover. No person, nothing.

I stay approx 0.5m from main road and can see right up the track to the main road - NOTHING.

No person(s). No vehicles. Nothing.

That's not the weird bit - the dog was still barking.

Bear with me.

THAT NIGHT....

I get a skype call from a friend in south africa...

"You had a visitor today" - "dont worry about it"

"He wanted to share an experience with you and it was to do with your barn. Not physical, but he changed the electomagnetic makeup to help a young girl close to you."

"He will continue to visit you - inside your home and will re-assure you 'he' is close"

No craft. No "evidence".

BUT....

I didnt ask for it, wasnt thinking about such things, no intention, no belief....

and a FRIEND DESCRIBES MY EXPERIENCE on a SKYPE CHAT that nigt

(Also explained that "he" was from the plaides.)

Felt compelled to share today.

Also, continue to - several times a week to receive - non physical tapping on my head, like a silent hairdryer....

...and my firend in S.A. says I'm now receiving guidance to keep on form, and on point on my journey.

NOT HEARD ANYTHING. NOT SEEN ANYTHING SINCE. JUST CALM, COLLECTED AND FOCUSED ON GOING FORWARD.

All true. thank you.
    Sorry but this is TERRIFYING.

Sounds like you live in an isolated area so anything that goes bump in the night would probably have me on tenterhooks so can't imagine how I'd feel if I saw a faceless being staring at me from across the yard.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thule For This Post:

Did You See Them (26th June 2020), Victoria (26th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Quote Sorry but this is TERRIFYING.

Sounds like you live in an isolated area so anything that goes bump in the night would probably have me on tenterhooks so can't imagine how I'd feel if I saw a faceless being staring at me from across the yard.
    Like I say, I was washing the breakfast dishes as this happened. Terrifying? No. Odd? Yes. Unexplainable? Yes?

Friend in S.A. is psychic and said the experience "was for me" - whatever that means.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

palehorse (25th June 2020), Victoria (26th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,612 times in 5,382 posts

Late one night long ago I was walking around the neighborhood as I often did. This night, I was accosted by two big Doberman Pincers. I am not scared of dogs but I am not stupid either. These were trained dogs and they were not friendly. They did not warm to my advances and started snarling menacingly. They were not going to let me by so I had to detour into a stand of trees in a park. That was the last of the dogs, who did not follow.

As I came out from behind the last tree, I saw a strange sight.

In the light of the full moon I saw four beings were at the swing set. They were not normal and they knew it and I knew it. The two adults, mom and dad I assume, were pushing their two children on the swings. They were all white. White cloths, white faces, white hair. And there were the two big dogs, sitting at attention, both also white - how had I missed that earlier?

We stood about twenty feet apart, staring at each other. The adults stopped pushing their children, who were also staring at me. We stared at each other until the swings stopped swinging. I knew I was not welcome and that I should leave. So I did.

That's it. Friends later said they were probably albinos and could not stand the sunlight. I accepted that, it was convenient. But a family of albinos, in our neighborhood, unknown and unseen by anyone - with two white dogs?

Not sure to this day what I saw that night...

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Agape (26th June 2020), Bluegreen (25th June 2020), Did You See Them (26th June 2020), Jad (26th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (26th June 2020), scotslad (26th June 2020), Victoria (26th June 2020), william r sanford72 (26th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,271 times in 2,100 posts

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    Quote Sorry but this is TERRIFYING.

Like I say, I was washing the breakfast dishes as this happened. Terrifying? No. Odd? Yes. Unexplainable? Yes?

Friend in S.A. is psychic and said the experience "was for me" - whatever that means.
    Often when you hear the details of a person's experience it can seem terrifying.

But when you are the person experiencing it, as your mind tries to make sense of strange things it is often more baffling than scary.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th June 2020), Did You See Them (26th June 2020), Jad (26th June 2020), scotslad (26th June 2020), Victoria (26th June 2020), william r sanford72 (26th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,413 times in 10,154 posts

I am seeing UFO's

¿O es que vengo de otro planeta?

I was working double shifts at a large outdoor location in a yard for vehicles and equipment at the edge of the property. Workers would come and get what they needed, and I was there. There were either seven people waiting in line or nobody and nothing to do. There was a picnic table where I could read and snack, it was summertime, and the job suited me fine.

One night about 9:00 one of the second shift guys comes by himself and is clearly in no hurry to get back to work. He was talkative and nice enough and what did I care? Relax, take a load off. So he's sitting at the picnic table talking and I'm standing a few feet away kind of half-listening and gazing at nothing when I look up and think, Oh wow there's a bunch of fishing bobbers in the sky.

Hard to believe, but the thought never entered my head to count them. There were maybe eight or ten orbs, white on top and red on the bottom, floating around in a somewhat haphazard and lazy manner. The word that occurred to me at the time was 'playful'. They seemed to be circling around and teasing each other, all in slow-motion.

Hey, I say, come here, look at this. He comes and stands next to me and his eyes get wide and he shuts up. Neither one of us say a word as we stare for about 3 or 4 minutes, a fairly long time. Finally, he says something; his exact words:

“I know for a fact neither you or I took any acid in the last 24 hours.”

After another minute they all started drifting upward and disappeared. We sit down and again, don't say anything. Then he looks me in the eye, smiles, and says, Well, I guess I better be going, and takes his stuff and leaves. Never saw him before or since.

After 'fishing bobbers' the next thing I thought was, are those Chinese lanterns? That's sort of what they looked like and how they moved. But then, those Chinese lantern painters are pretty serious about what they do – they are usually elaborately painted or one color (often orange). I could find no similar images on the internet.

If I find out in this lifetime those were Chinese lanterns, I'm ready to accept that. But for now, they will remain 'unidentified flying objects'.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Did You See Them (27th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (27th June 2020), Harmony (27th June 2020), Victoria (27th June 2020), william r sanford72 (27th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread