Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A genuine question...

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,244 times in 2,174 posts

Default A genuine question...

Seriously, why can't we?

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Agape (26th June 2020), Anka (25th June 2020), Bill Ryan (24th June 2020), Bluegreen (24th June 2020), DeDukshyn (25th June 2020), Harmony (25th June 2020), heretogrow (25th June 2020), Hym (24th June 2020), Jake (24th June 2020), justntime2learn (24th June 2020), Mashika (25th June 2020), Mike (24th June 2020), rgray222 (25th June 2020), scotslad (24th June 2020), toppy (25th June 2020), Victoria (26th June 2020), william r sanford72 (24th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: A genuine question...

Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    Seriously, why can't we?
    Because some people's happiness involves bossing other people around. Just happened to me at the post office. Social distancing was not enough, I was supposed to include the postal staff in the 10-person limit count.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Agape (26th June 2020), Anka (25th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (25th June 2020), Hym (25th June 2020), Mashika (25th June 2020), pueblo (25th June 2020), rgray222 (25th June 2020), toppy (25th June 2020), XelNaga (25th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Last edited by pueblo; 25th June 2020 at 00:23.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Bluegreen (25th June 2020), Hym (25th June 2020), Mashika (25th June 2020), rgray222 (25th June 2020), toppy (25th June 2020), william r sanford72 (26th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

"If we stopped racism, if people stopped hating each other, people might talk to each other and see what the real problem is ... its greedy people." - Richard Pryor
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Agape (26th June 2020), Bluegreen (26th June 2020), Hym (25th June 2020), Mashika (25th June 2020), pueblo (25th June 2020), rgray222 (25th June 2020), toppy (25th June 2020), Victoria (26th June 2020), william r sanford72 (25th June 2020), XelNaga (25th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

As a general statement, we do live together and we live together very well. The vast majority of people on this planet interact with their families, friends, acquaintances, fellow workers, and even our neighbors well. The majority of people on Avalon (most of the time) interact with each other very well.  We have been led down the garden path to believe the majority of people on this planet are evil, racist, self-centered, corrupt, and mean spirited. This is a lie that you must guard against and not believe. If you accept this false premise then you have lost. A broken person is one that is malleable and easy to manipulate.

There are a lot of reasons why people think the world is evil but I assure it is not. In today's world, the main offenders pushing hate and division are mainstream media, social media, and the internet. I can assure you this will pass. The 24/7 news cycle is unavoidable even if you haven't owned a TV for decades. All media wants to keep people in a hypercritical state regardless of the issue, environment, race, politics, health, and economics. They are the masters of using labels to divide us against each other. Once people start identifying with their "assigned" labels (race, age, gender, sexual preference, economic status, etc) they lose the ability to work towards a better society. They begin to believe that fighting for and defending their tribe will move society forward. Nothing could be further from the truth. I can assure you this tribalism will pass. Media is already being exposed, the internet and social media are in an evolutionary state, it will change for the better.

Evil is real and it does exist. It has always been here and will always be, sometimes it can "appear" to be taking over but this is an illusion. Mankind's DNA will not allow it to take over. Humanity will survive with all its blemishes and imperfections. If you have allowed the seed of doubt (about the survival of humans) to grow then you have let your guard down.

Evil is intelligent, clever, and deceptive. It feeds on the susceptible in an attempt to turn the masses. Life is a gift, don't let evil determine the perception of your life or the world.
    Last edited by rgray222; 25th June 2020 at 02:43.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th June 2020), EFO (25th June 2020), gini (26th June 2020), heretogrow (25th June 2020), Hym (25th June 2020), pueblo (25th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (25th June 2020), TomKat (25th June 2020), toppy (25th June 2020), Victoria (26th June 2020), william r sanford72 (26th June 2020), XelNaga (25th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    As a general statement, we do live together and we live together very well. The vast majority of people on this planet interact with their families, friends, acquaintances, fellow workers, and even our neighbors well.
    Even the neighbors, yeah

But sadly beyond that, if you go to the wrong place, won't be worth much

Quote The majority of people on Avalon (most of the time) interact with each other very well. We have been led down the garden path to believe the majority of people on this planet are evil, racist, self-centered, corrupt, and mean spirited. This is a lie that you must guard against and not believe. If you accept this false premise then you have lost. A broken person is one that is malleable and easy to manipulate.
    I think that phrase could mean more like in a global level, across the world, not just one country

If you go to an African nation, there are some that hold very bad will against white people, they may kill you for no reason but to be white. Then there are others that will be happy to see you and share food and home and have fun and take pictures and take to you the airport and hope you come back visiting soon

Quote There are a lot of reasons why people think the world is evil but I assure it is not.
    In today's world, the main offenders pushing hate and division are mainstream media, social media, and the internet. I can assure you this will pass. The 24/7 news cycle is unavoidable even if you haven't owned a TV for decades. All media wants to keep people in a hypercritical state regardless of the issue, environment, race, politics, health, and economics. They are the masters of using labels to divide us against each other. Once people start identifying with their "assigned" labels (race, age, gender, sexual preference, economic status, etc) they lose the ability to work towards a better society. They begin to believe that fighting for and defending their tribe will move society forward. Nothing could be further from the truth. I can assure you this tribalism will pass. Media is already being exposed, the internet and social media are in an evolutionary state, it will change for the better.
    I have seen countries that have little TV time, down to 1 hour a week or so, and mostly radio songs and can barely find food every day, yet they go and still find ways to be racist against each other, or simply hate because of religion or social level

Quote Evil is real and it does exist. It has always been here and will always be, sometimes it can "appear" to be taking over but this is an illusion. Mankind's DNA will not allow it to take over. Humanity will survive with all its blemishes and imperfections. If you have allowed the seed of doubt (about the survival of humans) to grow then you have let your guard down.
    For sure it will, high hopes for that, but it should not take away from looking at the stuff that is really happening out there, is not good most times, or lovely, i have seen terrible things in places that usually are said to be 'beautiful' but only if you go visit the right places and don't look 'the wrong way'

Quote Evil is intelligent, clever, and deceptive. It feeds on the susceptible in an attempt to turn the masses. Life is a gift, don't let evil determine the perception of your life or the world.
    Indeed, but also go see for yourself so you are seeing the full truth, not just what one or other side said. And never be afraid to look at the bad stuff directly in the eyes, it's the only way you have to see the difference between good or bad. You need to know how both sides feel and look like

If you go and see the bad stuff directly, you quickly realize that the world is not a good place, but people living across it are, and not all of them are good

People end up being animals, so you have to understand that, but let's not go into that, is a terrible thing to discuss and wonder about

I think we (as humanity) have a lot of stuff to fix, but let's work on it, because we can't just say "we are cool" when we are not really, it's a very hard thing and probably no one has a good answer on how to do this. But at least i guess we can get in agreement that everything is not and won't be right until we really look deep into the problem

I guess i go against 'no worry, everything is going to be alright' lol, but only partially, it may get better for me a lot, but terrible for someone else at the same time :/
    Last edited by Mashika; 25th June 2020 at 06:13.
    Tired

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

gini (26th June 2020), pueblo (25th June 2020), rgray222 (25th June 2020), wegge (25th June 2020), william r sanford72 (25th June 2020), XelNaga (25th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

As a general statement, we do live together and we live together very well. The vast majority of people on this planet interact with their families, friends, acquaintances, fellow workers, and even our neighbors well. The majority of people on Avalon (most of the time) interact with each other very well.  We have been led down the garden path to believe the majority of people on this planet are evil, racist, self-centered, corrupt, and mean spirited. This is a lie that you must guard against and not believe. If you accept this false premise then you have lost. A broken person is one that is malleable and easy to manipulate.

There are a lot of reasons why people think the world is evil but I assure it is not. In today's world, the main offenders pushing hate and division are mainstream media, social media, and the internet. I can assure you this will pass. The 24/7 news cycle is unavoidable even if you haven't owned a TV for decades. All media wants to keep people in a hypercritical state regardless of the issue, environment, race, politics, health, and economics. They are the masters of using labels to divide us against each other. Once people start identifying with their "assigned" labels (race, age, gender, sexual preference, economic status, etc) they lose the ability to work towards a better society. They begin to believe that fighting for and defending their tribe will move society forward. Nothing could be further from the truth. I can assure you this tribalism will pass. Media is already being exposed, the internet and social media are in an evolutionary state, it will change for the better.

Evil is real and it does exist. It has always been here and will always be, sometimes it can "appear" to be taking over but this is an illusion. Mankind's DNA will not allow it to take over. Humanity will survive with all its blemishes and imperfections. If you have allowed the seed of doubt (about the survival of humans) to grow then you have let your guard down.

Evil is intelligent, clever, and deceptive. It feeds on the susceptible in an attempt to turn the masses. Life is a gift, don't let evil determine the perception of your life or the world.
    I agree, but I don't think that your average Joe is evil, just lazy, self centred and at times wilfully ignorant.

Remember, for evil to thrive it only needs good people to standby and do nothing
    I also agree that the media constantly promotes fear and division through their "programming".

Last edited by pueblo; 25th June 2020 at 09:53.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

rgray222 (25th June 2020), william r sanford72 (26th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

As long as psychopaths rise to the top, this will be a problem. As long as there are powerful families generationally predisposed to psychopathy, it will be what we have today.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

pueblo (25th June 2020), rgray222 (25th June 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

I think that there are much more good people in this world than evil ones, maybe even 100:1.
    But that 1% of evil people are running the show, so it is easy to assume that the world is full of evil people.

And also, most of the people tend to better remember bad deeds towards them than good ones.
    If someone does you a favour 10 times, but 11th time he can't, that is exactly what you will remember.

Now, there is something else. Aldo I said that there is only 1% of evil people, there is at least 10-30% of bad people.
    By bad I mean selfish. When someone is extremely selfish, up to the point of hurting others for ones own gain, that is an evil person.
    But if someone is not hurting anyone or anything, but is selfish and not se eager to help others, that is a bad person.

At least that is how I see things, correct me if I'm wrong.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

pueblo (25th June 2020), rgray222 (25th June 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

It seems a solution has been found!

One Love, One Heart, One Destination!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

rgray222 (25th June 2020), william r sanford72 (27th June 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Humanity has lost its way. Complexity and sophistication have lead to confusion and an inability to solve fundamental issues that plague the modern world.

Our institutions are rigid and incapable of responding to novelty except by dominance and appropriation.

In a world increasingly removed from nature we have forgotten our roots. Artificial environments and abstract priorities landscape our experience and dulls our senses. Turpitude results and fosters superficial and incomplete attitudes and beliefs.

Yet we know there is more to us. We hear it whispered in the breeze. We catch a glimpse of it at moments of serenity. We might even feel it in the gentle caress of a loved one. There is more to us and it is this that is missing. Yet we somehow know it is this unspoken bond, this ephemeral connection, this link to the eternal, that is more important by far than our material existence and all its business, 'busy-ness'.

Yet our institutions do not address it, our work dismisses it, and our lives are empty because of it.

The forces of darkness feed off this indecisiveness, this void that threatens to devour our misplaced fortitude.

As the world goes global, our personal lives matter less and less. As the world goes global, the pressing issues are increasingly ignored in favor of global issues. Global issues are many, too few people is not one of them.

To this world, YOU DO NOT MATTER!
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 25th June 2020 at 14:40.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Harmony (25th June 2020), meeradas (25th June 2020), pueblo (25th June 2020), rgray222 (25th June 2020), william r sanford72 (25th June 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Humanity has lost its way. Complexity and sophistication have lead to confusion and an inability to solve fundamental issues that plague the modern world.

Our institutions are rigid and incapable of responding to novelty except by dominance and appropriation.

In a world increasingly removed from nature we have forgotten our roots. Artificial environments and abstract priorities landscape our experience and dulls our senses. Turpitude results and fosters superficial and incomplete attitudes and beliefs.

Yet we know there is more to us. We hear it whispered in the breeze. We catch a glimpse of it at moments of serenity. We might even feel it in the gentle caress of a loved one. There is more to us and it is this that is missing. Yet we somehow know it is this unspoken bond, this ephemeral connection, this link to the eternal, that is more important by far than our material existence and all its business, 'busy-ness'.

Yet our institutions do not address it, our work dismisses it, and our lives are empty because of it.

The forces of darkness feed off this indecisiveness, this void that threatens to devour our misplaced fortitude.

As the world goes global, our personal lives matter less and less. As the world goes global, the pressing issues are increasingly ignored in favor of global issues. Global issues are many, to few people is not one of them.

To this world, YOU DO NOT MATTER!

Wow, nice. Will that fit on a T-Shirt?

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Bluegreen (25th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (26th June 2020), rgray222 (25th June 2020), william r sanford72 (27th June 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Maybe we fell for the fake?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th June 2020), rgray222 (25th June 2020), william r sanford72 (25th June 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 times in 1,007 posts

And all this to be just human.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th June 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (25th June 2020), pueblo (26th June 2020), rgray222 (25th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (25th June 2020), william r sanford72 (26th June 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Humanity has lost its way.
    Or led astray?

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th June 2020), pueblo (26th June 2020), rgray222 (27th June 2020), william r sanford72 (26th June 2020)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Humanity has lost its way.
    Or led astray?
    Yes, led down the easy path, the comfortable, clear path everyone else is being led down.

Quote “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Quote Jesus said, If they say to you, “Where did you come from?” say to them, “We came from the light, the place where the light came into being on its own accord and established itself and became manifest through their image.” If they say to you, “Is it you?,” say, “We are its children, we are the elect of the living father.” If they ask you, “What is the sign of your father in you?,” say to them, “It is movement and repose.” (50)

Gospel of Thomas
    It's time to move. We need to be standing in the shooting stars.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (26th June 2020), william r sanford72 (26th June 2020)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

All we like sheep...

34. The Following User Says Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

william r sanford72 (26th June 2020)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

"Want it back, want it back, our world we want it back"

36. The Following User Says Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

william r sanford72 (26th June 2020)

37. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member william r sanford72's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,586 times in 2,838 posts

Renegades of Funk (Lyrics)...

TRUTH and BALANCE

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th June 2020), justntime2learn (26th June 2020), pueblo (26th June 2020)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Study Nature, Nature is getting along as it should be. That includes battles, winning and loosing a predator prey situation, killing , eating and being eaten well as basking in the sun in downtime and as the animals sleep.
    Perhaps everything is always as it should be?
    It ain't pretty, not my doing, but it is how it is .

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Arcturian108 (27th June 2020), pueblo (26th June 2020), rgray222 (1st July 2020), william r sanford72 (27th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast