Thread: Moral Reparations And The Activist Ethos

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Default Re: Moral Reparations And The Activist Ethos

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    I don't know about y'all, but I don't encounter "cancel culture" in my daily life, and I don't know anyone else who does either, it's mostly just a small, but extremely angry and vocal Twitter mob
    I so wish that was the case. Never did many in my family ever think we would experience it. And yet we are. From two very caring, loving individuals, (21 and 23yrs old) who have been so badly brainwashed at uni and in their social network that they have cut off their immediate family. I can't begin to tell you how painful this is on a daily basis. And all we can do is wait, send love, and be there to help when the dawning eventually comes.

I get so much encouragement from reading posts here revealing how this dreadful cult fanaticism is gaining traction with global exposure. I pray daily that the youth caught up in this mind control will come across these revelations and it will help jolt them out of the dreadful mindset that isolates them and causes them to turn on good people.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 28th June 2020 at 15:56. Reason: fixed quote attribution

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), Constance (28th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (28th June 2020), Gracy (28th June 2020), Harmony (29th June 2020), Ivanhoe (28th June 2020), Jayke (28th June 2020), Mike (28th June 2020), Wind (29th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    I'd say protesting is a form of activism. Ergo, protesters = activists.
    Well good buddy I'm not going to get too bogged down in semantics here. To me anyway, protesters often tend to also be activists, but not necessarily so. If suddenly there were say, current legislation in my state to make gun ownership illegal, you might just see me pissed as hell out front of our capitol building protesting with a lot of other pissed off people, but I really don't think that automatically makes me an activist as well.

Anyway, generalities, and being crystal clear on what we're actually focused on and talking about, is where much of my interest lays here. Let me lay out a couple of examples. I've grabbed some of your quotes below, not to nitpick, but to see if we can clear some things up here. Maybe it's clear to everyone else, but not to me:
    Quote There are some well-intentioned, sound, morally grounded protesters. But trying to parse them out from the rest of the crowd is becoming increasingly difficult.
    Quote Not all protesters are dedicated activists; not all are radical; not all are bitter and mean-spirited; not all are narcissistic; not all are entitled brats. But increasingly they are.
    Quote But what I'm talking about here are the more radical activists types, that loud but small minority attempting to pass their bitterness and insecurity and need for power and validation off as compassion and love
    So above, you're not lumping them all into one big bundle. It's anywhere from not all of them, to the small minority who are radical activists in the last post.

Then we have the radical activist:

Quote Have you ever seen a radical activist smile, joke, laugh? Ever?
    and then we're talking about activists in general, all of them, whole generations even:

Quote but one thing stood out to me in particular: activists, in general - regardless of what they're protesting against - are often the same type of person.
    Quote Universities aren't creating professionals anymore - they're creating activists

Quote So we have entire generations of kids who are moored shallowly.. intellectually, morally, spiritually and emotionally.
    Quote We have entire generations of Peter Pans who are now dogmatically telling us how we should live our lives
    Quote And their activistism also allows them to feel an unearned sense of moral superiority. It's a convenient way for them to justify their failures and ridicule your successes.
    Who exactly are we talking about Mike? Is it the small but angry and vocal minority, increasing numbers of activists, all activists in general. Is it Evergreen, some colleges, all colleges, entire generations?

Who exactly is the problem, what exactly is the problem, and most importantly, how pervasive is the problem? If these things are not made clear, we can't accurately address the darker side of protests and activism.
    Last edited by Gracy; 28th June 2020 at 19:32.

4. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)
    I don't know about y'all, but I don't encounter "cancel culture" in my daily life, and I don't know anyone else who does either, it's mostly just a small, but extremely angry and vocal Twitter mob
    I so wish that was the case. Never did many in my family ever think we would experience it. And yet we are. From two very caring, loving individuals, (21 and 23yrs old) who have been so badly brainwashed at uni and in their social network that they have cut off their immediate family. I can't begin to tell you how painful this is on a daily basis. And all we can do is wait, send love, and be there to help when the dawning eventually comes.

I get so much encouragement from reading posts here revealing how this dreadful cult fanaticism is gaining traction with global exposure. I pray daily that the youth caught up in this mind control will come across these revelations and it will help jolt them out of the dreadful mindset that isolates them and causes them to turn on good people.
    I'm truly sorry to hear about your personal loss to this ongoing nonsense, that it HAS entered your personal life, and I hope they grow up and come around soon.

This maybe comes back to one of my questions of Mike: How pervasive is the problem?

5. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

I'd say protesting is a form of activism. Ergo, protesters = activists.
    Well good buddy I'm not going to get too bogged down in semantics here. To me anyway, protesters often tend to also be activists, but not necessarily so. If suddenly there were say, current legislation in my state to make gun ownership illegal, you might just see me pissed as hell out front of our capitol building protesting with a lot of other pissed off people, but I really don't think that automatically makes me an activist as well.

Anyway, generalities, and being crystal clear on what we're actually focused on and talking about, is where much of my interest lays here. Let me lay out a couple of examples. I've grabbed some of your quotes below, not to nitpick, but to see if we can clear some things up here. Maybe it's clear to everyone else, but not to me:
    Quote There are some well-intentioned, sound, morally grounded protesters. But trying to parse them out from the rest of the crowd is becoming increasingly difficult.
    Quote Not all protesters are dedicated activists; not all are radical; not all are bitter and mean-spirited; not all are narcissistic; not all are entitled brats. But increasingly they are.
    Quote But what I'm talking about here are the more radical activists types, that loud but small minority attempting to pass their bitterness and insecurity and need for power and validation off as compassion and love
    So above, you're not lumping them all into one big bundle. It's anywhere from not all of them, to the small minority who are radical activists in the last post.

Then we have the radical activist:

Quote Have you ever seen a radical activist smile, joke, laugh? Ever?
    and then we're talking about activists in general, all of them, whole generations even:

Quote but one thing stood out to me in particular: activists, in general - regardless of what they're protesting against - are often the same type of person.
    Quote Universities aren't creating professionals anymore - they're creating activists

Quote So we have entire generations of kids who are moored shallowly.. intellectually, morally, spiritually and emotionally.
    Quote We have entire generations of Peter Pans who are now dogmatically telling us how we should live our lives
    Quote And their activistism also allows them to feel an unearned sense of moral superiority. It's a convenient way for them to justify their failures and ridicule your successes.
    Who exactly are we talking about Mike? Is it the small but angry and vocal minority, increasing numbers of activists, all activists in general. Is it Evergreen, some colleges, all colleges, entire generations?

Who exactly is the problem, what exactly is the problem, and most importantly, how pervasive is the problem? If these things are not made clear, we can't accurately address the darker side of protests and activism.

Colleges and universities are now producing activists in significant numbers. Its infecting all the generations coming up now.

The radicalized types are the loud but small minority. They purport to speak for everyone.

Not everyone in the street is a radical.

But there's quite a bit of overlap, of course. I'm not sure I understand your questions.

It all begins in the universities. Most of them now have equity and diversity and inclusivity departments. Now its spilling out into the corporate world. It's becoming mainstream.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2020), ClearWater (28th June 2020), Constance (28th June 2020), Gracy (28th June 2020), Ivanhoe (28th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Colleges and universities are now producing activists in significant numbers. Its infecting all the generations coming up now.

The radicalized types are the loud but small minority. They purport to speak for everyone.
    Okay. So if I have this straight, colleges are producing your average run of the mill activist in "significant" numbers, while the small vocal minority of "radical" activists are a "small minority", but are the root of the infection and they purport to speak for everyone.

If I have any of that wrong correct me right now full stop.

If we're moving on, ballpark figure what % of college kids in general might be regular activists, and what % of them may be the radicals?

Not everyone in the street is a radical.
    Okay, not everyone in the street is a radical then. That's kinda fuzzy, "not everyone" can mean anywhere from 5% of them are not radicals, to only 5% are radicals, or somewhere in between.

But there's quite a bit of overlap, of course. I'm not sure I understand your questions.
    I think we're fine so far, maybe things have already been further clarified I hope?

It all begins in the universities. Most of them now have equity and diversity and inclusivity departments. Now its spilling out into the corporate world. It's becoming mainstream.
    Okay. Does "most of them now have equity and diversity and inclusivity departments", mean that most of them are training activists, and radical activists? I think some do, many are in the middle, and many just have them available. Of course opinions vary.

And corporate America? Shoot yeah that's about as close as you can come in the real world to politically correct fascism here. Thing is, corporate America is not anywhere near all of America, just like the two coasts are nowhere near like the vast flyover country in between.

Mike, I duly acknowledge there's a problem here needs serious dealing with, I just don't accept that it's as pervasive as it's being made out to be.

I'm not seeing it becoming mainstream. No more than something like Qanon is becoming mainstream anyway...

Last edited by Gracy; 29th June 2020 at 00:25.

8. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Gracy May, I hope to hell you're right and I'm wrong! If it turns out I'm being overly dramatic about all of this I will be absolutely thrilled!

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th June 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (29th June 2020), ClearWater (29th June 2020), Constance (29th June 2020), Gracy (29th June 2020), Harmony (29th June 2020), Matthew (29th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th June 2020), Wind (29th June 2020)

10. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,341 times in 4,087 posts

Gracy May, I hope to hell you're right and I'm wrong! If it turns out I'm being overly dramatic about all of this I will be absolutely thrilled!
    Hash tag me too.

"Statutes came down, [Hugo] Chavez didn’t want that history this way. And then he changed the street names, then came the [school] curriculum. And then some movies couldn’t be shown on TV channels, and so on and so forth,”

I've only just started noticing Venezuela, but that above paragraph caught my attention after said, Venezuelan, events started happening close to home. "we didn’t think it could happen to us"
    Venezuelan woman begs Americans to wake up: This is how it starts. Cubans warned us, we didn’t think it could happen to us.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (29th June 2020), Constance (29th June 2020), Harmony (29th June 2020)

12. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Fair enough Mike, and I'll stop probing.

13. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Fair enough Mike, and I'll stop probing.

No, it's cool! Probe away!

Much of this stuff I've already written about extensively throughout the forum, so I'm sort of repeating myself here. But here we go..

I would say, based on what I've read and observed, that nearly all American universities - especially in the next year or 2 - will have a "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity" department(if they don't already have one).

Diversity, Inclusivity, and Equity = Marxism.

Marxism, among other things, preaches a negation of hard work and competence in favor of a narrative that only emphasizes power dynamics - the oppressor vs the oppressed.

Colleges and universities are infected with bogus new disciplines masquerading as real, legitimate courses of study. They are baseless and completely unscientific. Some of their journals don't even include citations. They include anything that ends with the word "studies", basically. This includes women's studies, gender studies, queer studies, men's studies etc They all fall under the umbrella of deconstructionism ...which is a postmodern approach to "learning" that abolishes science, objective reality, and common sense in favor of personal narratives and interpretations. In other words, delusion. The unifying thread in all these "studies" is the Marxist victims vs victimizers narrative, and the accompanying themes of oppression and privilege.

These "studies" are ubiquitous in the universities. They're everywhere. Not just here in the U.S. but also in Canada and increasingly in Europe as well.

If you have nearly all universities shoving Marxism down the throats of their students under the guise of deconstructionism, you're going to have millions of bitter, resentful, totalitarian brats creating delusional, unscientific, morally relativistic, utterly f#cked up environments wherever they go. These are your activists.

How many activists are they creating? Millions! The percentages hardly matter when the number is that high. Among those millions there will be plenty radical enough to do more damage than either of us can possibly imagine in the next 10 years

The sickness has spread out into the corporate world as well. Have you heard of the James Demore debacle at Google? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google...l_Echo_Chamber

My sister works at a hair salon. They're now required to go thru "diversity training". At a bloody hair salon. My Disney buddy has to go thru "diversity training" as well. But that's just the tip of the ice burg. It's being required everywhere now...just like at the universities.

All of western civilization is being saturated with this crap at the moment. White privilege? White supremacy? Safe spaces? Microaggressions? Diversity? Equity? Inclusivity? It's bloody everywhere at the moment. That language and those concepts all began in the universities...under the guise of "social justice". I could guess at numbers and percentages for you but it would hardly be relevant. Just read the news or look out your window! It couldn't possibly be any more mainstream!
    Last edited by Mike; 29th June 2020 at 03:13.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (29th June 2020), Harmony (29th June 2020), ulli (29th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I could guess at numbers and percentages for you but it would hardly be relevant. Just read the news or look out your window!
    I'll try that, thanks for the tip.

16. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,179 times in 4,072 posts

From two very caring, loving individuals, (21 and 23yrs old) who have been so badly brainwashed at uni and in their social network that they have cut off their immediate family.

It cuts both ways. The "They" I mentioned has become such an unbearable brat that "They" were banned from ever being around "us".

So in other words, this "self-identity" seems very abrasive.

I definitely "lost identity" with my "mental background" and have purged almost all the ideas, if it came from this country or non-culture or whatever, I have been steadily replacing it since I was about twelve with something else. And what it deals with is "mind and body as-they-are". So I am utterly lost on any concept of non-body identification.

Further, since one of the main values of my system is Mahamudra, these people are disqualifying themselves from Mahamudra. In many regards, this makes them a lost cause. Can't fix it. One-way ticket.

It makes me think of Child Cult. As you know, back around the 60s with cheap color printing, they started coming up with Froot Loops boxes and so forth so kids could quickly point at sugar bombs. And so there was "adult apology" in giving these kids--us--such a wonderful opportunity. Since then, I have seen so much "marketing towards children" bending the adults' will, mixed with increasing rules like you really can't even play outside.

I think the whole thing is an intentional, artificial Child Cult that is not grounded in nature.

That is why I never had a kid yet, because I can't find a way around the status quo.

But yes, if you find some kind of program to grab young minds, and, again, the socio-political clique mentality which seems pretty consistent from older things like Young Italy, to, whatever you would like to call it today, it is a feat of engineering. Of course, the Jesuits have had the upper hand in the educational system since the 19th century, and, I would hate to make a connection that isn't really there, but, it is.

They work mostly at major places, and it is more likely your local school board is staffed by Generational Satanists posing as Protestants.

I believe they are satisfied by making a lot of complacent tools, along with a handful of rowdies.

Adults are less of a target, as the hope is we will die out like dinosaurs.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

gord (29th June 2020), Harmony (29th June 2020), Matthew (29th June 2020), Mike (29th June 2020)

18. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Franny (here)
    The pronouns refer to one's alt gender identity.

Those that don't identify as their birth gender will inform others how they need to be addressed. Compliance with that request is required in some places such as Evergreen I expect.
    Jeez. That's so far beyond my reality, it sounds like something out of Monty Python.

So, let me try to understand. If I were asked in a group like that to "declare my pronouns", I'd say, with a straight face, that I wish to be addressed as "he" and "him"?

I can imagine the almost irresistible urge to add a bad joke like
    "...and you can take my pants down and check, if you like."

These people don't have a sense of humor! Even if you made that joke they'd likely all be waiting with straight faces for you to literally drop trow!

And even then, if you did, they'd *still* require your preferred pronoun, because biological sex isn't really relevant; it's all to do with how you subjectively "identify". Haven't you heard? Come on, that's insanity 101 Bill

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (29th June 2020), ClearWater (29th June 2020), Constance (29th June 2020), Harmony (29th June 2020), Matthew (29th June 2020), shaberon (29th June 2020)

20. Link to Post #33
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

These people don't have a sense of humor! Even if you made that joke they'd likely all be waiting with straight faces for you to literally drop trow!
    This must be the craziest thing you said this week.
    These people are individual expressions of life. And as it goes, some are likeable, interesting and fun and some are stoic when working at their job as coaches. Doing what they believe is right

21. Link to Post #34
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

A bleak review.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...ieval-madness/

WOKENESS: THE RETURN OF MEDIEVAL MADNESS

Witch hunts, excommunication and iconoclasm are back with a vengeance.

How much of what went on in the Middle Ages and early-modern periods do we look back on with abhorrence and a certain amount of perplexity? Burning witches at the stake, lynch mobs, self-flagellation – what possessed people to do such things, we wonder.

But take a step back, look about and you see many of these practices are still flourishing today, though they go by different names.

Here are just some of them.

Let’s start with excommunication. Excommunication meant so much more than being banned from taking communion. It involved you being shunned, shamed, spiritually condemned, even banished. Only through some kind of heavy penance – often a very public, lengthy and humiliating contrition – could you and your reputation be redeemed.

Excommunication became a powerful political weapon. It was dished out to enemies of the faith to destroy their legitimacy. Often it was used as a punishment for sins as minor as uttering the wrong opinion.

What are No Platforming and cancel culture if not a modern form of excommunication? Qualified, competent professionals are hounded out of their jobs and publicly shamed just for uttering the wrong opinion, often simply for a misjudged choice of words. Even just the wrong pronouns.

As often as not, their employer wants a quiet life, so he bows to activist pressure and sacks the target of the witch hunt. Cancel culture is excommunication.

Today’s religions, however, are not the many sects of Christianity that once perforated Europe, but climate change, education, the NHS, gay rights, trans rights, the European Union and multiculturalism. Even coronavirus and the lockdown have become sacrosanct.

Intellectuals of the right and left, from Polly Toynbee to Nigel Lawson, have described the NHS as Britain’s religion. It has replaced the Virgin Mary as the divine matriarch. Why this worship? I suggest it goes back to the late 19th and early 20th centuries, when the state began to replace the church as the main provider of education, welfare and healthcare. After 1945, it was just a matter of time before the welfare state achieved altar status.

Articulate any kind of wrongthink and you risk the baying mob lynching you on social media and elsewhere for your heresy. You are put in today’s equivalent of the stocks while people jeer at you and humiliate you. Your career and reputation are burnt at the stake.

Smear someone with labels like far right, transphobe, homophobe or – most effective of all – racist, and if the label sticks, that person is effectively excommunicated. It doesn’t matter if it means misreporting, quoting out of context, strawman arguments or intellectual dishonesty. The important thing is to get the smear to stick. Innocence is no defence. Nor was it in the witch trials of Medieval times, which were held before kangaroo courts of the local clergy. Meanwhile, anyone who defends the witch is assumed to be another witch, so most stay quiet.

The Inquisition began in 12th-century France as a way to combat heresy and dissent. The judges were the priests. First the Inquisition targeted Cathars and Waldensians. The movement spread. In Spain, Jews and Muslims were singled out, as its leaders sought to impose Catholic doctrine.

Who are today’s inquisitors and today’s priests? Social-justice warriors, climate-change activists, Guardian journalists, organisations such as Antifa – there is no shortage of woke police. Any type of victimhood can get you priest status.

One of my daughters, brainwashed by social media, leads the charge in my family.

Priests and kings, lords and ladies would all make great shows of their piety, faith and devotion. Today we call this virtue-signalling. Your behaviour, your actions and your conduct are far less important than your belief system.

A new practice has emerged where we must bend the knee. When the American footballer Colin Kaepernick first knelt during the US national anthem, it was a powerful act, made by his own volition. But kneeling has morphed into something else, a tool of subjugation, something you are shamed into doing. Bending the knee is no longer about the importance of black or any other lives — it is a tool of control used under the pretext of fighting racism. Rest assured, those in prominent public positions are being monitored. If they try to avoid bending, the online lynch mobs will form.

The recent spate of statue destruction shows that iconoclasm – the belief that icons, images and monuments should be destroyed for religious or political reasons – is alive and well, too. In the Middle Ages, Jewish texts were especially targeted by the iconoclasts. Thank goodness that today all such anti-Semitic sentiment has been eradicated. Not!

Nor has serfdom gone away. The medieval serf had to spend half his working week tilling his lord’s land in exchange for his lord’s protection and the right to work his own land. In the 21st century, with over half of everything you earn making its way to the government via tax and inflation, the ordinary citizen hands over half his working week to the state in exchange for protection and the right to keep the rest.

Today’s conditions are nothing like as harsh as they were then. We have much more freedom of expression and freedom of movement. Modern technology and living standards far exceed their medieval equivalents. But the proportion of our time we must give is the same.

What about self-flagellation – flogging oneself to inflict pain and drive out evil? Today we might call this going to the gym. No, a more likely equivalent is the culture of self-loathing and apology – acknowledging your white privilege and apologising for the sins of your forefathers.

Then there is the unequal distribution of wealth – of land in particular – that’s improved, hasn’t it? Back in the Middle Ages the land of Britain was predominantly owned by the crown, the church and the barons. Today is no different. Half of England’s land is owned by less than one per cent of the population – the crown, the state and a few corporations and aristocrats are still dominant. There are 65million people in the UK and 60million acres of land – that should be roughly an acre each.

Jakob Fugger, who lived in the 15th and 16th centuries, is calculated to have been one of the richest men in history. By his death his wealth amounted to two per cent of European GDP – a much higher proportion than Bill Gates or Warren Buffet have made.

How did he make his money? Mining, banking, but perhaps above all, by selling indulgences. He struck a deal with the pope so the latter could raise the money to rebuild St Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel. Fugger took half and Pope Leo X the other half. It sounds rather like one of those public-private partnerships. His indulgences cancelled every sin. There was even a progressive fee structure – royalty paid 25 florins, everyday laborers just one.

Selling indulgences was big business. It still is. Today we have carbon credits; our charity industry, with its annual income of £50 billion, equates to roughly two per cent of UK GDP. According to David Craig in his book, The Great Charity Scandal, less than 50 per cent of donations actually end up going towards charitable causes.

In the Middle Ages, there was no shortage of prophets of doom declaring the end is nigh. Nostradamus was the most famous. Whether it is Project Fear in the lead-up to the Brexit vote, climate-change experts or those permabears who see nothing but looming financial catastrophe, they are in even greater supply today.

Obscurantism was the practice of presenting information in a deliberately imprecise and abstruse manner, to forestall further inquiry or understanding. Ever heard a central banker speak? Alan Greenspan, former chair of the Federal Reserve, found his own name for obscurantism – he called it ‘purposeful obfuscation’.

Church Latin was obscurantist. The Bible was not translated into local vernaculars until the 1500s. The clergy bitterly opposed its translation. Why? Until then, only those who understood Latin could understand its meaning. It gave priests a monopoly. Priests would interpret the sacred text and the word of God in ways that suited their own interests, or the interests of the Church they worked for. Today’s experts – whether in climate change, sociology or virology – do exactly the same thing.

The new technology of the printing press – the medieval equivalent of the internet – and Martin Luther’s exposure of the corruption of the indulgences industry helped inspire the Great Peasants’ Revolt in Central Europe and the overthrow of Catholic hegemony. Is not a similar insurrection taking place today? A silent, ill-equipped, uncoordinated majority, aware of what is going on but unable to stop it, hoping that voting for Trump or Brexit or some other way of giving the establishment two fingers will stop it. But it won’t.

There are so many more parallels. Sacrilege and blasphemy have become hate speech. Blockades and sieges have become sanctions. Alchemy has become quantitative easing and Modern Monetary Theory. Censorship has become, well, censorship.

Where does it all end? Another Peasants Revolt or Great Peasants War. Here is the bad news – and I don’t mean to sound like Nostradamus – on both occasions the peasants lost. Badly. Even though they were in the right. I fear we will lose this culture war. Even though we are in the right.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Alekahn2 (30th June 2020), Bill Ryan (29th June 2020), Constance (30th June 2020), Mike (29th June 2020), shaberon (30th June 2020)

23. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,179 times in 4,072 posts

Today’s religions, however, are not the many sects of Christianity that once perforated Europe, but climate change, education, the NHS, gay rights, trans rights, the European Union and multiculturalism. Even coronavirus and the lockdown have become sacrosanct...

...The Inquisition began in 12th-century France as a way to combat heresy and dissent. The judges were the priests. First the Inquisition targeted Cathars and Waldensians. The movement spread. In Spain, Jews and Muslims were singled out, as its leaders sought to impose Catholic doctrine.

Who are today’s inquisitors and today’s priests? Social-justice warriors, climate-change activists, Guardian journalists, organisations such as Antifa
    Yes, there is a Waldensian exclave not far from here.

The bolded remarks are the Soft Kill system.

A Hard Kill is the Inquisition burning someone alive, or, the bullet-in-the-head for Stalinist dissenters and so forth that mainly happened in the East, so a finger could be pointed to say, oh, look, we're above that.

The Catholic-based system that started those Inquisitions changed its values to accommodate the bold-faced groups who do not necessarily care about Catholicism. So this does have continuity with its medieval appearance, and is very much a modern twist to obscure its Hard Kill origins or killing nature in general. The role of the Federal Reserve is similar, to obscure the handouts that are cyclicly distributed. Its sign of success is when people go along willingly.

This Dark Age did not start with the Inquisition, but, its outer, violent form began by killing Hypatia of Alexandria:

I would say the witch hunting correspondences are very accurate. It is now just a glittery religion-esque Soft Kill system that gives "you" the right to vote while keeping, for example, the majority of English lands in the hands of the few.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Mike (30th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2