1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Default Why do people hate people?

ffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 06:49.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Alekahn2 (1st July 2020), Bill Ryan (1st July 2020), Bluegreen (1st July 2020), earthdreamer (1st July 2020), Franny (1st July 2020), Gracy (1st July 2020), Harmony (1st July 2020), Ioneo (1st July 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (1st July 2020), Kryztian (1st July 2020), Mike (1st July 2020), Orph (1st July 2020), rgray222 (1st July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (1st July 2020), Sophocles (1st July 2020), Star Tsar (1st July 2020), Sue (Ayt) (2nd July 2020), Valerie Villars (1st July 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 838 posts

Default Re: Why do people hate people?

Well, my answer was, .......... get rid of all labels!! Nobody should label anyone else, nor should they be labeled. No more white, black, brown, yellow. No more gay, straight, trans, etc.. Everybody, and I mean every last one of us is a unique individual human being.

And in actuality, this is the same answer that Brian Schaefer mentioned above. When we put labels on people, (or allow ourselves to be labeled) we automatically put us/them into a box. For instance, if you are white/black/brown then you have to think a certain way. You have to act a certain way. .... Peer pressure.

Is a straight white guy that likes football, drinks beer, and chews tobacco going to admit that he likes ballet? Not likely. He has to conform to group-think lest he be ridiculed. He has a label he has to live up to. As Brian mentioned above, his creativity has been stifled, (to some extent). But, ...... take away the labels, and let him be first and foremost, a human being. He's free to be himself. He's not "white". He's not "straight". He's not a label. He's a human being and he's free to like and dislike whatever he pleases.

Not being religious here, but there is a real reason why Jesus hammered home the idea of "Judge ye not ....", "Let he who is without sin ....." "How can you remove a splinter from your brothers eye ........"

Connect with you're spiritual inner self, and understand that the other person has a spiritual self as well.

Love.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Agape (2nd July 2020), Bill Ryan (1st July 2020), Bluegreen (1st July 2020), Constance (1st July 2020), Franny (1st July 2020), Harmony (1st July 2020), rgray222 (1st July 2020), Sue (Ayt) (2nd July 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Everywhere I went around the world, I shared with people who were getting by in life. However, I didn’t have to scratch very deep to find out that most were living some degree of an existential crisis. The only difference was that some people could hide it better than others. The vast majority of people were openly full of pain, confusion and exhaustion.
    I agree with everything put forward here. It makes a lot of sense. I may not have called it creativity it seems that if everyone were given space and time in a non-judgemental way they would be more apt to find their purpose in life. He seems to be talking about people, either in reality or perception that are caught on the treadmill and can't get off, they have no time to explore or search for meaning and it feels like an endless cycle that will never let up. They are experiencing pain confusion and exhaustion which grinds on the soul every minute of every day.

The other thing that jumped out at me was the term hate, to me it has such a different meaning than what he is talking about. The hate that seems to be engulfing the globe at the present time seems to be much more severe. It is on the surface, you can taste and smell it and you have to be cautious in almost everything you do and say as people have lost their ability to critically think. They have banded together in tribes and either you are with my tribe or you're not. Tolerance has been intentionally removed from the dictionary and from society.

Quote Posted by Orph (here)
    Well, my answer was, .......... get rid of all labels!! Nobody should label anyone else, nor should they be labeled. No more white, black, brown, yellow. No more gay, straight, trans, etc.. Everybody, and I mean every last one of us is a unique individual human being.

And in actuality, this is the same answer that Brian Schaefer mentioned above. When we put labels on people, (or allow ourselves to be labeled) we automatically put us/them into a box. For instance, if you are white/black/brown then you have to think a certain way. You have to act a certain way. .... Peer pressure.
    You are so right, we allow ourselves to be labeled. These labels have been assigned to us and many readily accept them. Countless tribes wear these labels with pride and have no idea of the damage it is doing or to the hate, it is generating. This will pass but we must be on guard, very much aware and present in all things we do and say. I am afraid it is going to have to get much worse before we see this hate subside and start to turn.
    Last edited by rgray222; 1st July 2020 at 03:15.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Alekahn2 (1st July 2020), Bill Ryan (1st July 2020), Bluegreen (1st July 2020), Constance (1st July 2020), earthdreamer (1st July 2020), Franny (1st July 2020), Harmony (1st July 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member earthdreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

When I go out into the world I pray for no harm to none and that I keep patience and kindness in my heart and encounter others with kindness in theirs. Everyone is tested every moment it seems. The stress and pressure can deflate the best of our love so self forgiveness is essential to the resilience of kindness for human relationship. Love and hate aren’t even that far apart in one’s own family.

I agree that being left alone can be very fulfilling for inner peace and creative self expression. Yet it Seems like karma has a way of messing with that peace sometimes.

“My mind has a mind of its own. Takes me out to parties when I’d rather be alone...My mind has a mind of its own” 🎶

✌️💖

Also upon further reflection, seems to me that letting go of belief and judgment is a huge temperance to hate. Unfortunately there are so many influences instilling belief upon the minds of many. Kind hearts will prevail I pray 💞
    Last edited by earthdreamer; 1st July 2020 at 04:58.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to earthdreamer For This Post:

Agape (2nd July 2020), Bill Ryan (1st July 2020), Bluegreen (1st July 2020), ClearWater (1st July 2020), Constance (1st July 2020), Harmony (1st July 2020), Sue (Ayt) (2nd July 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

A year ago I would not have responded to this thread. I was one of those people who was pretty much able to take the slings and arrows of borderline asshole humans and carry on, with no real damage to myself.

However, things have turned around this past year and I'll tell you why I hate my neighbors.

They have done, systematically, deliberately and with the purest malice, every single thing they can do to harass, bully, taunt, gaslight and intimidate me and my man ever since we bought this house. They consistently show their hatred of themselves and absolute lack of respect for any decency whatsoever.

These are people who cried "witch" 300, 400, 500 years ago, to anyone who was different. These are DANGEROUS people. They are not only dangerous to us, but to all of humanity. They are damaged and hateful and they spend every spare moment of their lives trying to inflict damage and hate on any nearest target; usually choosing a situation where the other party is hogtied and helpless.

The world owes them and they are going to make the world pay.

And so, like Jesus, I am going to do everything in my power to nail them to a cross. Shut them up and out. Prevent them from continuing to damage the world with their hateful mean spirit. Stand up to them and fight fire with fire.

Some people don't deserve compassion and understanding, because they don't understand it themselves. They will NEVER understand it. Not in this lifetime. And I'm not responsible.

Should I look at them with love in my eyes as they tie me to the railroad tracks and wait for a train to roll over me? Or should I bide my time and make them pay for their actions?

It's about MY free will and my freedom. I really do hate them. I don't think I've ever said that or admitted it, ever in my life.

I finally hate someone. Someone who deserves to be hated. They have tortured us. The ropes they used to tie us are coming loose and it's time to break free and if it hurts them in the process, well so be it. I hope it does hurt them.They deserve it.

Just like Braveheart I have bided my time, tried to play nice and done everything I could to not hate them.

The only way to bring balance sometimes, is to do unto others as they have done to you. "I've had all I can stand. I can't stand no more." And I've never felt more free in my life. I do recall that Jesus went ballistic and overthrew the money changers at the Temple. Every man has his breaking point. And must fight for his freedom.

I love you Constance. Keep fighting.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Agape (1st July 2020), Alekahn2 (1st July 2020), Bill Ryan (1st July 2020), Bluegreen (1st July 2020), Constance (1st July 2020), Harmony (3rd July 2020), Ivanhoe (1st July 2020), pyrangello (1st July 2020), Sue (Ayt) (2nd July 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,725 times in 2,088 posts

Valerie, I too have a neighbor that I would like to set a match to their house. But Karma always has a way of taking care of itself. Having been sued for 10 years of my life in various lawsuits ALL based on greed can make a person very bitter. These were people who wanted something from me for nothing. And again Karma took over when I wasn't the target anymore and I let it go. For 10 years I managed the cleaning out of repossessed homes, I can tell you without question there are about 2% of the oxygen consuming organisms that don't deserve a home, a pet, or a kid. They have no respect for anything . They must have been part of a misplaced gene experiment that got misplaced, If these being left the earth nobody would miss them at all. That being said , I do not use the word hate, its a word that was invented that should never have been in the vocabulary. Instead redirect your good energy to another place and don't let the vampire energy people suck you dry.

Now if you would like to tactfully deal with your neighbors , by all means , but keep the word hate out of the picture.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st July 2020), Bluegreen (1st July 2020), Constance (1st July 2020), graciousb (2nd July 2020), Harmony (3rd July 2020), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

I think there are few reasons for real hatred and more and more reasons of personally frustrated people who figured out that their lives will be forever incomplete unless they can meet the right person or group of people to work with, live with etc.

Todays human beings are far more complicated than they ever were due to the amount of information received, specialization of interests and life style, there are so many unique individuals out there who can’t find the other/s to go with and thus,
    can’t seem to make it further.

I’ve seen many of the previous generations seniors living lonely with deepening negativity towards “everyone” but the reasons were never real. There’s always been disturbing life events, traumas, loss of partners and families that set them on lonely path.

Nowadays even many young, well educated, supported people live or feel lonely deep inside, more with forced compartmentalization of social and professional categories, many of us have to both protect our personal bubbles which results in isolation and years of broken social contact or the particular society we find ourselves in does not contain compatible individuals, for whatever reason.

There’s both ignorance of reality of the world we all inhabit, some “can’t take it all in” and keep closing eyes to what’s happening over the fence even, as if they lived in different world than others.

The state of frustration and personal isolation becomes as common as a flu so society stops paying regards to the state of depression looming from within and makes people to put on cloth, media smiles and phrases instead and pretend they’re happy.

People feeling unloved and without possibility to manifest their true potentials leads not only to depression but also anger- and manifestation of “hatred” towards “everyone” who can’t help them to healthy and meaningful lives.

In the next stage people often give up on searching the right people and solutions and start claiming to themselves they’re “over it” and are already complete.
    They resign on being “good students” and pose as masters of life,
    often with the frustrations and carelessness about others they have accumulated.

It’s where lots of crazy “hactivism” comes out, without thinking or rather, accepting anyone’s advices and opinions.
    It’s a dangerous example in that stage- since we all are mirroring and copying each other’s behavioral patterns. The world is full nowadays with
    overeducated people
    people with PhDs, Master Degrees
    all kinds of diplomas
    and self taught teachers who refuse to study with living person.

That’s lots of people who can’t bend and respect others
    as it would lower their personal status
    -sometimes the only status they have.

Self-centeredness without real objective is empty
    and results both in social isolation and empty activity

People stopped following their personal quests even,
    resting in that state of discrete nihilism
    for a long time.

I’ve never seen anybody truly “in love” hating the world or others too much.
    There may be exceptions to the rule but love is the only remedy for hatred.

I think it was Confucius who said that “Enlightened man is one who sorted his own life”

Lao’tze said: If there’s peace in the individual there will be peace in the village
    If there’s peace in the village there will be peace in the world.

If the situation of the world depends on our state of enlightenment
    it means we need to fix our lives and true purposes
    as individuals, from within instead of faking it or allowing others
    to confuse, misguide and fake our purpose.

We have the power from deep within to become complete
    fulfilled, happy and thus make “everyone else” happy too.

Even a beam of love from your heart passed to anyone else
    can save their day and someone’s life, without knowing

Truth is not (only) in heroic deeds and shows of power
    the bigger power of smiles,
    love from parents to children , friend to friend
    communities and unknowns and knowns
    is what sustains Life on the Planet.

Truly, we don’t feed of food as much as we are nourished
    by selfless love and friendship to everything alive

Give and receive have to be in harmonious relationship
    and they can not stand “forever separated”
    not talking to each other

July 1, 2020

🐣
    Last edited by Agape; 1st July 2020 at 14:16.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bluegreen (1st July 2020), Constance (1st July 2020), Harmony (3rd July 2020), rgray222 (1st July 2020), Sue (Ayt) (2nd July 2020), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 06:50.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Agape (2nd July 2020), Harmony (3rd July 2020), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote We can all sit here and forever argue and debate about who is doing what and where and when but we already know who and what is behind all of this.
    Clue me in. Who is behind all of this?

Valerie, Sorry to hear about your terrible situation. Do you feel hatred or are you enraged? I think there is a difference, though not much of one! And yes, people can only take so much before they blow a gasket. I feel really lucky that I don't have anything like this in my life...and that's all it is luck. I could have been born black and poor and etc..etc..and had to put up with the horrible behavior of others all my life.

You will be super relieved when it's all over.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Agape (2nd July 2020), Constance (2nd July 2020), Harmony (3rd July 2020), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AutumnW (2nd July 2020), graciousb (2nd July 2020), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Constance, You claimed that we all know what and who is behind all of this. You should be able to describe that, if vaguely. If it is something like the elite-- that's something I understand. If it is AI technocracy...I can understand that too.

"If I don't know by now," is a bit cryptic. I don't know what it is I am supposed to know or not know and it would seem if I went through thousands of threads here, I wouldn't be any closer to knowing. So please, fill me in.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Constance (2nd July 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Agape (2nd July 2020), graciousb (2nd July 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

pyrangello, I was really only expressing frustration.

My "hatred" is really a cold, hard, disdain that feels no remorse or guilt for having chosen for them the worst fate possible. Being nailed to a cross was a figurative description. What I have in mind for them is far, far worse.

I got a lawyer.

I'm going to nail their ass.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Constance (2nd July 2020), Harmony (3rd July 2020), pyrangello (3rd July 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Brian nails it I think. This is how I feel about it all, in a nutshell:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...73#post1363873
    Last edited by Mike; 3rd July 2020 at 16:23.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (4th July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread