Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Default Re: The Strangest Thing Happened

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    [...] How it got there is beyond me.[...]
    Found or not,
    look for new scars.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th July 2020), Franny (5th July 2020), Hym (6th July 2020), Matthew (5th July 2020), Mike (5th July 2020), RunningDeer (5th July 2020), Victoria (6th July 2020), william r sanford72 (5th July 2020), Wind (5th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,511 times in 181 posts

My computer monitor seems to have unplugged itself just now, lol. I was reading something online when my screen went black. I shut down the computer and restarted and still it didn't work. Checked to be sure the connection to the computer was good, and then checked the power and found the cord on the floor. I hadn't heard any sound from it dropping, which I should have since I'm sitting right next to it in total silence. I hadn't moved or done anything that could have jarred it lose. I suppose it's possible that it had gradually worked its way out of the electrical socket without me noticing, and that I had bumped it at some point to contribute to that, but it seems very odd that it would simply drop out without me noticing it or touching it. That shouldn't happen without a direct impact, as the plug is very secure. I don't think I could knock it out without intentionally kicking it, and even then I'm not sure it would break loose since it's on a strip with 3 other plugs (none of those were at all loose, of course).

At least the plug didn't end up in my bed.
    "Be a Light to Yourself" ~ J. Krishnamurti

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ClearWater For This Post:

AutumnW (6th July 2020), Bill Ryan (5th July 2020), Franny (5th July 2020), Hym (6th July 2020), Mike (6th July 2020), RunningDeer (5th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th July 2020), toppy (6th July 2020), Victoria (6th July 2020), william r sanford72 (6th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Quote Posted by ClearWater (here)
    My computer monitor seems to have unplugged itself just now, lol. I was reading something online when my screen went black. I shut down the computer and restarted and still it didn't work. Checked to be sure the connection to the computer was good, and then checked the power and found the cord on the floor. I hadn't heard any sound from it dropping, which I should have since I'm sitting right next to it in total silence. I hadn't moved or done anything that could have jarred it lose. I suppose it's possible that it had gradually worked its way out of the electrical socket without me noticing, and that I had bumped it at some point to contribute to that, but it seems very odd that it would simply drop out without me noticing it or touching it. That shouldn't happen without a direct impact, as the plug is very secure. I don't think I could knock it out without intentionally kicking it, and even then I'm not sure it would break loose since it's on a strip with 3 other plugs (none of those were at all loose, of course).

I have often wondered at these odd things - I sometimes wonder if things like this occur to cause us to stall for a moment in time, to side track us long enough so that we avoid the timing of something else occurring.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th July 2020), ClearWater (6th July 2020), Franny (6th July 2020), Hym (6th July 2020), Mike (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (6th July 2020), william r sanford72 (6th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    Quote Posted by ClearWater (here)

I have often wondered at these odd things - I sometimes wonder if things like this occur to cause us to stall for a moment in time, to side track us long enough so that we avoid the timing of something else occurring.
    I also see these knock-knock-anyone-home? as gifts to show us there’s more than meets the eye. It gives us a nudge to use not only our eyes. It’s an opportunity learn to hone into all our natural ways with the here and now and the everywhere.

Every sign along the way are welcomed confirmations that my efforts, no matter how small they seem at the time, give hints at expansion of earth-self and consciousness.

These invitations help us become silent listeners. Creators. Co-creators.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th July 2020), Blacklight43 (7th July 2020), ClearWater (6th July 2020), Constance (7th July 2020), Elen (6th July 2020), Franny (6th July 2020), Hym (6th July 2020), Mike (7th July 2020), Patient (6th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th July 2020), william r sanford72 (6th July 2020), Wind (6th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by ErtheVessel (here)
    Mike - it oddly gives me some comfort to read your story.

About 10 years ago I was getting dressed for work one morning and opened a drawer to get out a belt I wanted to wear that had a crescent moon on it that I was quite fond of. It wasn't there. I am notably careful about my stuff, so I was perplexed. I actually took every single thing out of the drawer and placed each item on the floor, looking for it. No belt.

I carefully placed everything back in the drawer one by one and figured I'd look for it when I got home, as I needed to rush off to work. I thought about it all day, off and on, as it was very unusual for me to misplace something - especially something that I enjoy and treasure.

So, guess what? When I got home that evening, the first thing I did was walk into my bedroom and open that drawer, and there was the belt, sitting right on top. I just about jumped out of my skin.
    Christian von Lahr says that faeries sometimes cast a glamour on us so that we don't see something that's right in front of us.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th July 2020), Constance (7th July 2020), Franny (7th July 2020), Mike (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th July 2020), william r sanford72 (7th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,304 times in 5,692 posts

So there's a couple more things that have happened since the alarm clock fiasco.

Yesterday, as I entered my bedroom, a bottle of water just fell off my bedside table. In the moment I rationalized it by thinking it was likely perched on the edge of the pile of books I have there, and fell off due to the vibration of my footsteps.

It's possible that happened. It was only a quarter of the way filled. Later on I had a water bottle filled with roughly the same amount of water and placed it on those books and observed it. I have a fan on that small table that causes the table to vibrate a little, and as I watched the bottle there react to the effect of the vibration and the breeze of the fan, I concluded that my theory was quite possible.

I've been trying to forget it ever since. And I was doing ok up until about 5 mins ago. My sister, who is living with me temporarily, just told me she found her license that she'd lost days ago. That's hardly noteworthy, but here's the thing: she found it under her bed, which is an area she searched diligently several times after she'd lost the I.D. She has a large flashlight, and she said she lit up that area in a way that made it impossible for her to miss anything that might have been there.

So, I don't know what the hell is going on.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th July 2020), ClearWater (7th July 2020), Constance (7th July 2020), Franny (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Matthew (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), william r sanford72 (7th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020)

13. Link to Post #47
    Australia Avalon Member KristenMary's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Quote Posted by ErtheVessel (here)
    Mike - it oddly gives me some comfort to read your story.

About 10 years ago I was getting dressed for work one morning and opened a drawer to get out a belt I wanted to wear that had a crescent moon on it that I was quite fond of. It wasn't there. I am notably careful about my stuff, so I was perplexed. I actually took every single thing out of the drawer and placed each item on the floor, looking for it. No belt.

I carefully placed everything back in the drawer one by one and figured I'd look for it when I got home, as I needed to rush off to work. I thought about it all day, off and on, as it was very unusual for me to misplace something - especially something that I enjoy and treasure.

So, guess what? When I got home that evening, the first thing I did was walk into my bedroom and open that drawer, and there was the belt, sitting right on top. I just about jumped out of my skin.
    Christian von Lahr says that faeries sometimes cast a glamour on us so that we don't see something that's right in front of us.
    He's not entirely right, they actually do take things; sometimes they don't return them!
    महारता

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KristenMary For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), Franny (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Mike (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), william r sanford72 (7th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,242 times in 2,174 posts

If time waits for no man perhaps time was running out?

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), Franny (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Matthew (7th July 2020), Mike (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), william r sanford72 (7th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,242 times in 2,174 posts

Mike, you can at least now give it a proper name, Disappearing Object Phenomena (DOP) is a thing, apparently!

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Arcturian108 (7th July 2020), Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), Franny (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Mike (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), william r sanford72 (7th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member william r sanford72's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,586 times in 2,838 posts

Perhaps your finding release from your..SPIRITUAL BLUE BALLS.. that you have been suffering from for so long.

William.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), ClearWater (7th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), DeDukshyn (7th July 2020), Franny (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Mike (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,033 times in 910 posts

Never thought of my cojones having spiritual properties, enough to somehow be neglected to the point of being blue. Sad? Cold? I have yet to find an answer.

If only by Blue Balls the world may have become something more interesting:

Plato would have had a legitimate reason to leave the cave earlier than the gods had planned. Who knows if the insights he shared would have been more profound.

Socrates may have been able to skip the hemlock and put his brilliance into those cartoons I had asked, pleaded, with him to make.

Maybe, yes maybe Moby Dick would have turned out a bit different if he didn't have all of that righteous hatred towards men, all on account of his Blue Balls.

I hope we have helped Mike solve the mystery of the inter-dimensional clock. I've yet to discover the mystery of whether or not it is a consequence of a set of spiritual blue balls. I am open to suggestions and insights.
    Last edited by Hym; 7th July 2020 at 21:15.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), ClearWater (7th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), Mike (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), william r sanford72 (7th July 2020)

23. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,088 times in 20,639 posts

The poltergeist that was haunting the apartment where I lived with 2 roommates seemed to just like moving things from one place to another.
    That wasn't so bad, but just be grateful that you don't have one that suddenly appears and scares the bejesus out of you.
    That happened to me when I was visiting another campus apartment once, inhabited by a bunch of guys.
    I saw a very malevolent disembodied old man's face in their bathroom mirror which gave me a panic attack.
    I must have turned white, because when I went back to the living room where the guys were, one of them asked me if I was OK.
    I told them what had happened and they all started talking at once, saying that was the ghost of a former tenant of that old building, and he had done that many times to lots of people.
    Which was a relief, because nothing would have convinced me that I was just "seeing things".
    What's this about blue balls?

update: I did a search and found a funny old similar conversation starting here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post471923
    ...about the occult and proving metaphysical experiences are real.
    Then found this where Mike refers to "cyber blue balls" : https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post471958
    Not having ever experienced either, I am wondering what the difference is between regular blue balls, spiritual blue balls and cyber blue balls...
    Last edited by onawah; 7th July 2020 at 21:16.
    Each breath a gift...

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Matthew (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), william r sanford72 (7th July 2020)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,033 times in 910 posts

I don't know why William R. Sanford72 mentioned them. I thought they may have been a reference from one of Mike's comments, as I don't remember any threads with the heading "Spiritual Blue Balls".

I just put on some of my spare pairs of metaphysical, inter-dimensional surgical gloves, took the ball(s) and ran with the reference.

I am responsible for not inquiring about the origin of the reference and as much as I would love to run with that too, it probably has nothing to do with the mystical life of an alarm clock.
    Let's ask Mike if he knows.

Update: Thanks onawah. Never mind Mike. We got it, but not necessarily by the blues...
    Last edited by Hym; 7th July 2020 at 21:19.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), onawah (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), william r sanford72 (7th July 2020)

27. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,304 times in 5,692 posts

spiritual blue balls... apparently something I wrote a ways back that tickled William a little pretty sure that's all there is to it

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Bluegreen (7th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), onawah (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), william r sanford72 (7th July 2020)

29. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,088 times in 20,639 posts

Question: Mike, did that witch (literally) who broke your heart way back when give you a case of "black magic balls"?
    (You don't have to answer that--I just thought the ball might be worth running with a little while longer...
    I know you can always use your if need be.)

BTW, if you are really feeling disturbed by the moving objects, you could try burning some sage, blessing some water and tossing drops all around the perimeter of your apartment, contact a dowser, shaman or priest, etc. in your area and ask them to exorcise it, get some crystals to wear or keep in your space and work with them.
    I use sage all the time and work with my crystals ( I soak them in salt water periodically to clear them, then leave them outside for awhile to get re-energized) to keep my space clear.
    It always feels good when I bring them back in.
    I think house plants help to keep a space clear, and full spectrum lighting helps a lot too.

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    spiritual blue balls... apparently something I wrote a ways back that tickled William a little pretty sure that's all there is to it
    Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Mike (8th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), william r sanford72 (7th July 2020)

31. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member william r sanford72's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,586 times in 2,838 posts

Yikes..Didn't mean anything by it other than what mike referenced above from a long ago thread and post.

it just made me laugh at the time..and what I thought of as I was reading this thread.

ok..back on topic.

William.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Bluegreen (7th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Mike (8th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020)

33. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

March 21, 2020
    The Clock

I had been thinking of my ex-hubby/dear friend the last few days, nights and in some of my dreams. I chalked it up to that the 2nd anniversary of his passing was in about a week.

Well, he popped in and we had a chat. He apologized for ‘stuff’ that I’ll skip here. It’s a word I never heard him use in 40+ years, so the skeptic in me questioned if it was really him. I suggested a sign. I closed my eyes to better concentrate on a feeling, a knowing, a sound, or a visual. He told me I’d miss it with my eyes closed.

A minute later, I saw the digital clock blink off. It stayed off while I checked to see if the electricity went out. It didn’t because the microwave would’ve needed to be reprogrammed. Then when I came back into the living room, the clock came back on.

Even if there’s a logical explanation for the clock going off, there’s something to be said for the timing. I haven’t put much attention on the woo-woo of late. I’m appreciative to be reminded that desire + focused attention is the ticket; stay open, flexible and don’t complicate the process.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 12th November 2020 at 03:29.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), Franny (8th July 2020), Hym (11th July 2020), Mike (8th July 2020), onevoice (7th July 2020), rgray222 (8th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3