+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 11 LastLast

Thread: Do we have a Spirit? Do we have a Soul? And where's the proof?

1. Link to Post #21
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,273 times in 21,091 posts

Exclamation Re: Do we have a Spirit? Do we have a Soul? And where's the proof?

What is consciousness really? ... Other level of awareness that is beyond the (5 senses) conditioning!

I have met this man because I had a Near Death Experience (+O.B.E.) when I was 4½ years old! (Car Accident).

Consciousness and Near-Death Experiences - Pim van Lommel:

Remembering Past Lives?

Advice to Parents of Children who are Spontaneously Recalling Past Life Memories

There are 1000s of videos about very young children remembering very detailed past life experiences some of them showing pre-knowledge of certain places AND people living there!

1 of many examples:

This Life, Past Life (A Documentary by Dr. Keith Parsons~Past Lives, Reincarnation):

Do you know that the BBC made several in-depth quality documentaries on this topic? Have you studied them all? (most do not).

Here an example I saw on BBC:

Cheers.
    John
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 7th July 2020 at 13:28.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Brigantia (7th July 2020), East Sun (7th July 2020), Harmony (7th July 2020), Jake (7th July 2020), meeradas (12th July 2020), O Donna (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (8th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,185 times in 1,359 posts

Default Re: Do we have a Spirit? Do we have a Soul? And where's the proof?

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    digressing slightly - "memory" - do you think its stored in the head/skull/brain

or do we (heart and brain) act as a modem and connect to the akashic record to store and recall our memories via the ether?

Is our physical existance a playground and learning area for us to manage our emotions and interaction with a 3d reality which we again upload to akashic records to help record our memories and experiences to aid future "lives" and physical experiences?
    There are interesting accounts from people who have had transplants and find they have donor traits; maybe memory is stored in all the body's cells rather than in the brain as we were always taught. Here are a few stories of this.

This is a fascinating question that started this thread, with fascinating replies. It's a highly subjective topic that depends on personal experiences; I have had past life memories too that helped me to make sense of how I could evolve in this life. I do believe that my grandmother was around me just after she died, I was going through a rough time and her presence was a comfort. One vivid occurrence was that I tried to remember the names of her 3 dogs she had in the 1970s, struggling to remember the third and I heard her voice as clear as a bell - "It was Wendy"!

My beloved cat died a few months ago and a few days after I went to yoga. At the end, in savasana, he appeared to me and said, "there is no separation, only love". He also appeared at the next yoga session which was the last one I've been to thanks to covid - no message this time, just saying hi. The thing that struck me was that his spirit form had two ears - he was missing one ear from his physical body due to cruelty when he was a kitten. He's obviously whole again.
    Last edited by Brigantia; 7th July 2020 at 13:01.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), East Sun (7th July 2020), Harmony (7th July 2020), Jake (7th July 2020), Justplain (7th July 2020), meeradas (10th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (8th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), scotslad (8th July 2020), Star Tsar (8th July 2020), TomKat (7th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,185 times in 1,359 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Do you know that the BBC made several in-depth quality documentaries on this topic? Have you studied them all? (most do not).

Cheers.
    John
    Thanks for posting these John, I probably watched them first time around and I'm sure they're worth watching again. The BBC used to make some fascinating documentaries on the paranormal, sadly no longer, and there was always a good creepy ghost story at Christmas. The Signalman is a classic. One that I found recently is from a series called Leap in the Dark, the episode is called The Living Grave and aired in 1980. I was delighted to find this as I watched it when it aired and it always stuck in my mind.

It's a dramatisation of a series of regressions by Joe Keeton and the subject matter, a girl called Kitty, is believed to relate to Jay's Grave on Dartmoor, near Manaton.
    Last edited by Brigantia; 7th July 2020 at 13:18.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), East Sun (21st July 2020), ExomatrixTV (7th July 2020), Jake (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (8th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by NX.P (here)
    Child prodigies.
    The 4-year old son of a friend wanted a ride in my car, around the block. I was thinking about reincarnation and he said "I used to be a policeman." And guess what he grew up to become?

The 6-year old nephew of a friend told his parents he's a rock-n-roller and wanted a guitar. He's taking lessons and plays all the time. Might be famous someday :-)

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Brigantia (7th July 2020), Harmony (7th July 2020), Jake (7th July 2020), Justplain (7th July 2020), Michi (8th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (8th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)

We hear or have been told of OBE's and they seem to be very real
    and may very well be real even though not explainable.

That does not tell us if we have a Spirit or a Soul?

I hope some Spiritually advanced person can throw some light
    on my questions.
    Hmm. Hoping that someone Spiritually advanced coming to save us is the failure of ALL religions, no?

I've had more fully conscious OBEs that I have, literally, lost count. (I've documented several hundred.)

My friend, I am not a body. (I HAVE a body)

I Am invisible. My body is my vehicle. I can't tell you about God, or, religions, but I can tell you that you are more than a bipedal human body.

Think of us as caterpillars.. We surround ourselves with a protective cocoon. (Such is life) Then we struggle to shed the cocoon. It's in that struggle that we strengthen our wings. If someone comes along and pulls off our cocoon for us, then we never endure the struggle,, and we never fly. We never know what wings are for.

You ARE a Spiritually advanced person. (Or you wouldn't be here...)

I wouldn't prove it to you if I could. The journey is too great.

Cheers. Jake
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Brigantia (7th July 2020), East Sun (7th July 2020), Harmony (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), meeradas (10th July 2020), O Donna (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (8th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), Star Tsar (8th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 times in 4,343 posts

If one wants to approach the question from the physical rather than the metaphysical, you could say that if you are satisfied your mind truly exists, then something of your beingness beyond the body must also exist. It's because everything that exists (in the Universe) is energy, so the mind must be a form of energy, consciousness must be a form of energy, even a thought must be a form of energy. And energy cannot be destroyed (it can only change form).

When the body dies it decomposes. It may cease to be whole anymore, but its constituent parts remain. They just changed form, nothing was actually destroyed, not one atom. This must mean that when the body dies the consciousness within it isn't destroyed either, it cannot be so if it is energy which it must be - it too just changes form. It *goes* somewhere; it becomes something else. This should be ample proof for the physical thinker that there is more to existence than physicality and physical body parts. "I think, therefore I am". Where consciousness = energy, and energy always persists, so you always persist. "I think now, therefore I think always" (in one form or another). This is the (eternal) soul.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Brigantia (7th July 2020), East Sun (7th July 2020), Harmony (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Jake (7th July 2020), Justjane (16th July 2020), Justplain (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (8th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), Star Tsar (8th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

The most incredible thing is awareness itself.

It's understandable that someone wants proof of the soul. However, I have heard very scientific people say that 'there is no objective way to prove that you exist'. You can only verify that you exist from within your own consciousness because everything you might use to prove it requires your personal perception, which is subjective.

Regarding the existence of the soul, I intuit that it exists and have had enough weird experiences to feel that that intuition is correct. In addition, NDEs and past life recalls are enough evidence for me.

Awareness, and in particular self-awareness, is the outstanding feature of our existence, and experience. It is what gives our existence, and all of reality, its purpose and meaning.

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Brigantia (7th July 2020), East Sun (7th July 2020), Harmony (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Jake (7th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (8th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), silvanelf (8th July 2020), Star Tsar (8th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020), ZenBaller (7th July 2020)

15. Link to Post #28
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,019 times in 284 posts

To understand and "answer" existential questions, a total upgrade of our current function as humans is needed.

Humans are overusing their mental ability: the calculative mind, for pretty much everything. We are so bombarded from external influences to rationalize everything superficially to the point that it has become our prison.

The mind is simply incapable to answer existential questions, because its function is divisive and analytic instead of unifying. How can you understand holistic notions like the Whole, God, Life etc., when you are using a tool that breaks down stuff instead of going bigger, to put it simply? It is impossible. It's like using your heart to solve a math problem.

So, the answer is this. You need your Heart to see God and your soul. Your mind cannot do it. By Heart, I don't mean emotion but intuition, the ability that we all have to know things inside without the need for mental proof.

It has atrophied through the eons because the mind always jumps in and asks questions, unsatisfied. Your mind is also rejecting this post.

As the quote says, in Zen you don't find answers, you lose the questions. What remains is the truth.

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Brigantia (7th July 2020), East Sun (7th July 2020), Harmony (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Jake (7th July 2020), Justjane (16th July 2020), Justplain (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (8th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), silvanelf (8th July 2020), Star Tsar (8th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,586 times in 713 posts

A century ago a scientist took measurements of the weight of six dying men before and after death. His conclusion was that all lost weight to some extent, and one had lost 21g (quite a lot IMO), which presumably was the weight of the soul. Interesting. He was criticised of course, but more interesting is that this experiment was never repeated. Why is it that this important and revealing experiment not repeated? My conspiracy intuition tells me that the measuring the soul, proving its existence is forbidden. The hidden PTB doe not want us to study the soul. Conclusion is: All of us have a soul.

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Brigantia (7th July 2020), Charles Harris (16th July 2020), East Sun (7th July 2020), Harmony (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Jake (7th July 2020), Justplain (7th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (8th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), Star Tsar (8th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020)

19. Link to Post #30
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,417 times in 648 posts

We believe because we were told by religion that this is so.

I have been pondering these questions for ever.

There is no way for anyone to prove that we have a soul or spirit.

We may be believers in God or whatever or be Atheists but we
    just do not know for definite.

We hear or have been told of OBE's and they seem to be very real
    and may very well be real even though not explainable.

That does not tell us if we have a Spirit or a Soul?

I personally do not think we can ever know if we have a Soul or Spirit.

That does not make us any less human.

I hope some Spiritually advanced person can throw some light
    on my questions, without going into long rehashed dogma.

Spare me the religion approach.

Is there a definite proof or not.
    You are right. We do not have a soul.

We are not a body that has a soul.

I completely agree.

Fun fact is:

We ARE a soul / consciousness / awareness. It is what you ARE, not what you have.

So we ARE a soul that HAS a body (temporarily). Not the other way round like we are told by some religions. That is brainwash and it is the main problem of our prevailing materialist society. Unfortunately.

Finding out about this can be challenging especially if you don't know it by intuition or 'knowingness' (as I call it, it is not the same as knowledge which is more leftbrained and fact/data-driven).

There is lots of things you can do to learn this for yourself (e.g. learn OBEs / astral projection to gather proof, I did! and it works if you stay patient, meditation, etc.). Read some good books about parapsychology (Dean Radin's for example). Don't believe the mindless materialist skeptics that abound everywhere, but imv it is as harmful to believe the religions that still try to tell you the twisted version (that you HAVE a soul, no you don't HAVE a soul!).

20. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Brigantia (7th July 2020), East Sun (7th July 2020), Harmony (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Jake (7th July 2020), Justplain (7th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th July 2020), Michi (8th July 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (8th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), scotslad (8th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

(repost)
    I live in a complex on a farm where the landlady and her husband raise horses, chickens and tend to their organic garden (among other things). Barbara, one of my neighbors, shared in the chores in trade for a place for her horses.

Barbara had a dog named, Mikie. As part of his training, she’d walk him around the circle driveway, and also he’d accompanied her with the chores like empty trash and care for the horses. Always the same trot from both of them, and same hand positions with the leash.

This particular morning, I didn't know Mikie had passed the evening before. Barbara emptied the trash and came around the circle. Only this time, she walked with an invisible leash, the same hand positions as usual. And Mikie? He trotted right by her side only in his light-body. I blinked a couple of times, still in disbelief.

That afternoon, Barbara dug a deep hole with the farm equipment next to the horse fence. Then she walked the circle alone with a wrapped up bundle. She lowered herself into the knee deep hole, and gently laid her Mikie to rest.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 7th July 2020 at 16:31.

22. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Brigantia (7th July 2020), Constance (7th July 2020), East Sun (7th July 2020), Harmony (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Jake (7th July 2020), Justplain (8th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th July 2020), O Donna (7th July 2020), pyrangello (7th July 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (9th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

The proof ultimately is your intuition. Clear your mind with meditation or some other technique.

Release old belief structures.

I suspect:
    We all are extensions of Source energy, on Prime Creator's eternal journey of creation and self discovery.
    We are apertures to the universe, exploring and observing itself.
    We are ghosts wearing meatsuits, riding a fast moving rock hurtling through space.
    Love is the glue that holds it all together.

We are souls having a human experience.

24. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Brigantia (7th July 2020), Constance (7th July 2020), East Sun (7th July 2020), Harmony (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Jake (7th July 2020), Justplain (8th July 2020), Mare (24th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (9th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), scotslad (8th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020)

25. Link to Post #33
    Language
    Thanks

Consciousness is Not a Computation (Roger Penrose):
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), East Sun (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Jake (7th July 2020), O Donna (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (9th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020)

27. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,581 times in 1,719 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    East Sun, for you, what would be proof ?

I, personally, find it harder to define what the proof would be than to move away from the place where that question is important.

The strange thing is, when I do move away from that spot, I have something much better than proof. I have something that no longer needs prooving.
    What would be proof?

I don't think there can be proof but I hope someone proves me wrong.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Constance (7th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (9th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,581 times in 1,719 posts

Thanks everyone for all those great replies.

Food for thought, definitely.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Brigantia (7th July 2020), Constance (7th July 2020), greybeard (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Jake (8th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (9th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020)

31. Link to Post #36
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    East Sun, for you, what would be proof ?

I, personally, find it harder to define what the proof would be than to move away from the place where that question is important.

The strange thing is, when I do move away from that spot, I have something much better than proof. I have something that no longer needs prooving.
    What would be proof?

I don't think there can be proof but I hope someone proves me wrong.
    You are the proof.
    The awareness that sees everything without comment --silent awareness is what you are --Soul Spirit -- the names dont matter.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Brigantia (7th July 2020), East Sun (7th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Justplain (8th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (9th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020)

33. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,992 times in 2,110 posts

Had to put to sleep 3 Labrador retrievers this past year. 2 were 16 years old and 1 - 12 years old. The 12 year old had lung cancer. The one 16 year old named Rylee Rylee O'rylee was a white lab. Smart, cunning, would push your buttons everyday. One day after she passed I was sitting in front of the wood stove in the house. I had a little memorial set up for all 3 dogs behind the couch I was sitting in . There was a photo of rylee sitting on that memorial . All of a sudden that picture of rylee flew over my head and landed in my lap. No windows were open , now way for a breeze. Just her spirit letting me know she is around. She still is from time to time too.

About 5 years ago a buddy of mine's wife had to do in for open heart surgery, she was scared to death. I called on my angels to lend a hand. After my buddies wife came to after the surgery she told me that there were 2 angels in human appearance that were in her room for days until she felt better. She said 1 of the angels had a connection to me . But once she started feeling better she told the angels its time to go help others that are in worse shape as they did.

About 7 years ago an old grilfriend of mine passed away at 52. She was awake and always searching like all of us here. After she passed About a week later I was laying in bed looking at the bookcase and noticed a page fringed which I thought was from the dog chewing on it. I grabbed the book and it was a book from her, inside the book was a letter I had never read. It was a nice letter. Then 2 days later I saw my girlfriend had been on facebook with her pic but no time was allocated on the placement, that happened twice that day. Then the following night I was awaken in my sleep, my past girlfriend came to me . I was sitting in a bookstore at a table. She saw me thru the window and walked inside , never said a word to me and just gave me a smile and 1 kiss. At that moment I felt her entire peace and love run thru me. Its really hard to describe. But I knew she was alright. But it wasn't a dream and I could feel her validation of importance at that very moment and I knew she truly was at peace with herself.

10 years ago a friend of mine who is very connected text me and said do I have a grandmother with the first letter M in her name. I said yes , it was my Grandma Mary.s he text me back and said no I'm seeing Marie, I said it was Mary on her drivers license. She was still adamant it was Marie she was seeing. So I said ok what does she want, My friend text me back and said that your grandmother wants you to know she loves me and is always around me. I loved hanging out with my grandmother, she was so cool. So i text back and said OK thank you. Next day I called my mom in florida, asked her if my grandma mary's name was Marie? My mom told me yes her name was Marie when she lived in Poland as a child !!! I had no knowledge of that up until then.

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Brigantia (7th July 2020), East Sun (7th July 2020), greybeard (8th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Justplain (8th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (9th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), silvanelf (8th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020)

35. Link to Post #38
    Language
    Thanks

Why is Conciousness Important? | Rupert Sheldrake 2020:

How Science Explains Spirituality | Rupert Sheldrake 2020:

Documentary: Seven Experiments that could Change the World:
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th July 2020 at 12:56.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), East Sun (9th July 2020), greybeard (8th July 2020), RunningDeer (7th July 2020), Sadieblue (9th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020)

37. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

I posted this on Ken's thread: Sublime and/or Spiritual Experiences of the Natural World..

In 2006, we lost sibling #8, our sister, Rebecca.

Several years later, another sister, Marie and I were coming back from a weekend party at our cousins' place. I was prompted by Rebecca to share what I felt. I told Marie that Rebecca was with us the whole weekend. She agreed, but it was more out of courtesy.

I added, “She’s in the back seat.”

Then out of the blue silly putty popped in my head. Rebecca kept prodding me to pass along the message.

“She's insisting that I ask you about silly putty.”

Marie is holding back tears while she reaches into the console and pulls out a silly putty egg. Unbeknownst to me, Rebecca gave it to her the year before her passing. It was a reminder for Marie to play.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 8th July 2020 at 15:01.

38. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), ClearWater (8th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), East Sun (9th July 2020), greybeard (8th July 2020), Hym (7th July 2020), Jake (8th July 2020), Mare (24th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th July 2020), Sadieblue (9th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), Star Tsar (8th July 2020), Wind (7th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    The (human) mind is absolutely... fascinating.

There is no proof that it - the mind - exists.
    Likewise, there is no proof that love exists. Yet we all know it exists, without requiring proof.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

40. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), ClearWater (8th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), East Sun (9th July 2020), greybeard (8th July 2020), Hym (8th July 2020), meeradas (8th July 2020), Sadieblue (9th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), Star Tsar (8th July 2020), Wind (8th July 2020), XelNaga (13th July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 11 LastLast