Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: Mainstream Sportscasters Waking Up

1. Link to Post #41
    Avalon Member Cognitive Dissident's Avatar
    In a galaxy not too far away from where you are right now
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 times in 409 posts

Default Re: Mainstream Sportscasters Waking Up

Hi Jane, I can't resist the urge to wade into this thread and offer my perspective as a long-time Avalon member who doesn't take himself or anything else very seriously (apart from raising global consciousness, astrology and the whole UFO thing hehehe).

First off, for many if not all the forum members, this is a judgement free-zone - it really does not matter to us if you are a communist or whatever-ist. We are all on a learning journey during each incarnation on earth, and having a strongly held belief system is often part of that learning journey. To add my perspective (maybe this is where Ernie is coming from, although I wouldn't try and speak for him), after you have been on the rollercoaster ride for a while (as Bill Hicks would put it - www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzQuE1pR1w - well worth 2 minutes of everyone's time) there comes an understanding that belief systems are not, in a certain sense, actually real. It's just a ride...

Second (again my perspective), communism is a materialist (meaning non-spiritual) 19th century ideology very similar to Darwinism. It has no applicability in the 21st century and all previous attempts to implement it have failed disastrously. I hope that you are not going to say that it has never really been tried, hehehe.

Avalon is all about a diversity of perspectives. Not about being right or wrong, but about learning from each other. There are very many wise members (not referring to myself hahaha).

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cognitive Dissident For This Post:

Constance (9th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2020), Franny (9th July 2020), happyuk (9th July 2020), onawah (9th July 2020), Tintin (9th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

Actually I have revealed something more than my flag, under "About Me" on my profile page, and a lot more in many posts over the years.
    To other long time members of this forum it's probably clear why it's important that we become somewhat familiar with each other.
    A certain amount of anonymity can be desirable for personal protection, but most of us who have been on Avalon for a long time have allowed ourselves to be vulnerable enough to reveal more about ourselves to each other than we could possibly fit on our profile page.
    But for people who don't stay long, who aren't really here to become a part of a community there is often an element of secrecy and defensiveness from the start.
    Periodically we get shills and trolls and immature mischief makers, ax grinders, etc. as well as people who inevitably reveal themselves to be clearly unbalanced and/or with an agenda that is very incompatible with Avalon's stated goals.
    You've been here for almost a year now and posted 61 times.
    To me, that's still a newcomer, so I would like to know about why you came to Avalon, if you are willing to bear your soul a little.

Quote Posted by Justjane (here)
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I am wondering why Jane has shared so little about herself in her Avalon profile.
    Nothing as to her (assuming Jane is female--am I using the politically correct terms here?) gender, country of origin, age, etc.
    If, as it seems, she is intent on enlisting some of us in activism, I think it would be appropriate to share with us a little bit more about herself, her background, if she is a member of any other groups, etc.
    Apart from your flag, neither have you. Unsure why this is important.
    Last edited by onawah; 9th July 2020 at 04:34.
    Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Constance (9th July 2020), Franny (9th July 2020), Tintin (9th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by Praxis (here)
    This Forum is a parody of itself now.

You all claim to be these woke people yet as I just watch from the sideline, you are all just as much driven by the MSM as the so called sheep.

People here actually take Rupert Murdoch Propaganda agency seriously here and it blows my mind. Tucker carlson was actually given a shout out for being a good source if you can believe that.

You all just take the MSM topics and regurgitate it here. Dont you all think it is interesting that the main topic threads are driven by the same headlines in the MSM?

If you are talking about the same topics as them, then they have won even if you dont watch or engage them. The mere fact that the topic is dictated and you accept it is super telling.

JustJane. I applaud you standing out and speaking your beliefs in the face of the things you get here.

A word of advice though, I think you will find it is not worth engaging white supremacist. They wont admit they are, but you can see in their beliefs and language that they speak the exact same ways as white supremacist.

Praxis, what are we going to do with you? You're just not quite smart enough to realize how dumb you sound. I don't know how you got out of your room, but if you follow the voices of those nice people in the white lab coats they'll guide you right back to your bed. Take the medicine. It's good.

I'm not a fan of censorship. But I regard any post or thread supporting communism and/or marxism as being on par with a post or thread supporting the flat earth. How to handle that? I don't know. Maybe a sub-forum for people who refuse to google stuff and read about it for at least 30 seconds

Jane, you are clearly articulate and intelligent. And you seem kind. I want to agree with Cognitive Dissonant here and welcome your views unreservedly, but I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or serious at this point. Communism? Marxism? How can you possibly make that argument with a straight face? I can't believe I'm saying this, but perhaps you should start a thread on all that. It may drive me crazy but you'll be making Praxis a very happy man
    Last edited by Mike; 9th July 2020 at 04:55.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (9th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2020), Franny (9th July 2020), happyuk (9th July 2020), mountain_jim (9th July 2020), onawah (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020), Tintin (9th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #44
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cognitive Dissident (here)
    Hi Jane, I can't resist the urge to wade into this thread and offer my perspective as a long-time Avalon member who doesn't take himself or anything else very seriously (apart from raising global consciousness, astrology and the whole UFO thing hehehe).

First off, for many if not all the forum members, this is a judgement free-zone - it really does not matter to us if you are a communist or whatever-ist. We are all on a learning journey during each incarnation on earth, and having a strongly held belief system is often part of that learning journey. To add my perspective (maybe this is where Ernie is coming from, although I wouldn't try and speak for him), after you have been on the rollercoaster ride for a while (as Bill Hicks would put it - www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzQuE1pR1w - well worth 2 minutes of everyone's time) there comes an understanding that belief systems are not, in a certain sense, actually real. It's just a ride...

Second (again my perspective), communism is a materialist (meaning non-spiritual) 19th century ideology very similar to Darwinism. It has no applicability in the 21st century and all previous attempts to implement it have failed disastrously. I hope that you are not going to say that it has never really been tried, hehehe.

Avalon is all about a diversity of perspectives. Not about being right or wrong, but about learning from each other. There are very many wise members (not referring to myself hahaha).
    Communism isn’t a belief system, it’s an economic model, all economic models are ‘not real’. Communism hasn’t ever been applied. And even if it were, it can’t be applied in a globalised system where the majority of the world follows a completely different economic model. I used materialist in the context of being concerned with material possessions. Communism is applicable at any time but requires a level of spiritual awakening that would not be possible at this time so I take your point there.

And sure, the world isn’t real but we sure as **** have to live here so we might as well do something with our time while we’re here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Justjane For This Post:

silvanelf (9th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #45
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)

You all claim to be these woke people yet as I just watch from the sideline, you are all just as much driven by the MSM as the so called sheep.

People here actually take Rupert Murdoch Propaganda agency seriously here and it blows my mind. Tucker carlson was actually given a shout out for being a good source if you can believe that.

You all just take the MSM topics and regurgitate it here. Dont you all think it is interesting that the main topic threads are driven by the same headlines in the MSM?

If you are talking about the same topics as them, then they have won even if you dont watch or engage them. The mere fact that the topic is dictated and you accept it is super telling.

JustJane. I applaud you standing out and speaking your beliefs in the face of the things you get here.

A word of advice though, I think you will find it is not worth engaging white supremacist. They wont admit they are, but you can see in their beliefs and language that they speak the exact same ways as white supremacist.

Praxis, what are we going to do with you? You're just not quite smart enough to realize how dumb you sound. I don't know how you got out of your room, but if you follow the voices of those nice people in the white lab coats they'll guide you right back to your bed. Take the medicine. It's good.

Jane, you are clearly articulate and intelligent. And you seem kind.
    You're clearly not. Mike, for everything that you think you know about the US, the establishment, the elite, whatever, WHY WHY WHY, have they sought to make such a demon out of communism??? Is it really just coincidence that that’s the one thing you just magically happen to agree with the controllers on 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

10. Link to Post #46
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Ohmigosh I know 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s embarrassing. The control one man has over the minds of so many and it all started with one little paper in one little city. My grandparents used to know him. My cousin was friends with his son Lachlan. And now he holds the US in the palm of his hand. And none of them can see who he is or what he does or even what he wants....

This is going to be fun 🙌

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Actually I have revealed something more than my flag, under "About Me" on my profile page, and a lot more in many posts over the years.
    To other long time members of this forum it's probably clear why it's important that we become somewhat familiar with each other.
    A certain amount of anonymity can be desirable for personal protection, but most of us who have been on Avalon for a long time have allowed ourselves to be vulnerable enough to reveal more about ourselves to each other than we could possibly fit on our profile page.
    But for people who don't stay long, who aren't really here to become a part of a community there is often an element of secrecy and defensiveness from the start.
    Periodically we get shills and trolls and immature mischief makers, ax grinders, etc. as well as people who inevitably reveal themselves to be clearly unbalanced and/or with an agenda that is very incompatible with Avalon's stated goals.
    You've been here for almost a year now and posted 61 times.
    To me, that's still a newcomer, so I would like to know about why you came to Avalon, if you are willing to bear your soul a little.

I am wondering why Jane has shared so little about herself in her Avalon profile.
    Nothing as to her (assuming Jane is female--am I using the politically correct terms here?) gender, country of origin, age, etc.
    If, as it seems, she is intent on enlisting some of us in activism, I think it would be appropriate to share with us a little bit more about herself, her background, if she is a member of any other groups, etc.
    Apart from your flag, neither have you. Unsure why this is important.
    I was hoping to see some of this: To encourage and support positive, constructive, and high quality dialog and networking with the goal of creating the future on Planet Earth for ourselves and our children that we want to experience.

Yet to find it though....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Justjane For This Post:

silvanelf (9th July 2020)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

You're clearly not. Mike, for everything that you think you know about the US, the establishment, the elite, whatever, WHY WHY WHY, have they sought to make such a demon out of communism??? Is it really just coincidence that that’s the one thing you just magically happen to agree with the controllers on 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

There's no magic to it. Just a certain level of sanity you seem to be lacking.

WHY WHY WHY won't you just google it? Here's some key words: "Stalin". "Mao"

13. Link to Post #48
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

There's no magic to it. Just a certain level of sanity you seem to be lacking.

WHY WHY WHY won't you just google it? Here's some key words: "Stalin". "Mao"
    Yep, cos that’s all it is 🙄🙄🙄

14. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Communism isn't a belief system? Wow. If that's your baseline understanding then I'm not sure much can be done for you, particularly when all of history and virtually everything going on in the world today suggests otherwise. Oh, but that's not real communism, I forgot. Every sociopath says that! If only you were the one running things, then it would work wonderfully, right? Of course.

Communism has been the religion of every country it has ever been applied in. More accurately, a cult. It is a fervently held belief system. And now it's doing the same in the US, all under the guise of social justice.

This has been covered here about 5,000,000 times already in the last few months. If you want to explain how JustJane communism would be any different than every other form of communism that has ever existed and exists today, I'm all ears! It just amuses me that you can hold this belief and still call me the arrogant one! But please, go on. The floor is all yours

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), Hym (9th July 2020), onawah (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020), Tintin (9th July 2020)

16. Link to Post #50
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

I've started a COMMUNISM THREAD here so discussions can continue there so as not to derail this thread.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1365327

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th July 2020), ClearWater (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), Franny (10th July 2020), Mike (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020), Tintin (9th July 2020)

18. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Mod note from Bill:

Listen up: that's unacceptable. You're simply not being rational — just over-emotional. There are no 'supremacists' or 'racists' here. Just people who are very concerned about the world. (As you are.)

And you can't use the "you're in denial, so it must be true" trick. That's cheap, insulting, and unintelligent. Socrates would have you splayed out in little intellectual pieces within minutes if you were to try that in his forum.

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (9th July 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021), Franny (10th July 2020), happyuk (10th July 2020), kudzy (9th July 2020), Mike (9th July 2020), onawah (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020), Tintin (9th July 2020), Yoda (9th July 2020)

20. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Mod note from Bill:

Listen up: that's unacceptable. You're simply not being rational — just over-emotional. There are no 'supremacists' or 'racists' here. Just people who are very concerned about the world. (As you are.)

And you can't use the "you're in denial, so it must be true" trick. That's cheap, insulting, and unintelligent. Socrates would have you splayed out in little intellectual pieces within minutes if you were to try that in his forum.
    And given that this thread was originally about sportscasters:

When I was a kid, the West Indian cricket team were kings. They had some of the best, most gifted, and most spectacular players the world has ever seen.

And very wonderful men, too. Great men. Not a bad apple, of any kind, in any single one of them, ever. In the cricketing world, they're universally respected and revered. A whole bunch of heroes. I've never stopped supporting them as a team. I support the West Indies to this day. (And I'm English. )

White Supremacy? Give me a f*cking break. The greatest West Indian cricketer of them all (though there are many who might vie for the title), was 'King' Viv Richards. He'd just laugh. He knew he was the best. And then showed everyone.

He never once wore a protective helmet, even when a [very!] hard ball was aimed at his head at nearly 100 mph. He just lackadaisically chewed gum all the time while he systematically dismantled the opposition. His lazy, confident swagger when he walked to the wicket (i.e. his turn to bat) would literally strike fear in the other team.

And this is the cricketing world. Export all these multiracial folks to another planet, and there'd never be a problem. These guys, many of whom are close personal friends across the nations, all get along just great (and so do the women cricketers, too, a slightly smaller community).
    • Afghanistan
    • Australia
    • Bangladesh
    • England
    • India
    • Ireland
    • New Zealand
    • Pakistan
    • South Africa
    • Sri Lanka
    • West Indies
    • Zimbabwe

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (10th July 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (9th July 2020), DeDukshyn (9th July 2020), Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021), Eva2 (9th July 2020), Franny (10th July 2020), Hym (9th July 2020), kudzy (9th July 2020), Mike (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020), Tintin (9th July 2020), Yoda (9th July 2020)

22. Link to Post #53
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Mod note from Bill:

So he can call me stupid and that is ok?

He has expressed views that are white supremacist in nature. If you keep expressing viewpoints that consistently and clearly use their language then you start to look like one.

Bill, Having read many of my posts, can you honestly say you find me to be a stupid person?

So again, it is alright for Mike to attack me personally?

23. Link to Post #54
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

Mod note from Bill:

He has expressed views that are white supremacist in nature. If you keep expressing viewpoints that consistently and clearly use their language then you start to look like one.

Bill, Having read many of my posts, can you honestly say you find me to be a stupid person?

I personally have you in my very very small ignore list.
    I have found in the past some of your personal attacks on people abhorrent. Unfortunately for me if somebody quotes you it comes up.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

Mike (9th July 2020), mountain_jim (9th July 2020)

25. Link to Post #55
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 times in 232 posts

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)
    Justjane it would be really helpful if you could share why you support communism.  As you are well aware it is a word that could be said is very triggering to some as it is loaded with different interpretations, perspectives and experiences.

I did read you mentioned being pushed for time so perhaps a brief list of communist ideals you support or a brief explanation of what advantages you see in communism; in other words how do you imagine a communist society to look like.

I'm genuinely interested in the contemporary marxist/communist view and if there are others of like mind; perhaps some links that I could look at.

If you are able to share information on this topic perhaps a new thread would be helpful for discussion.  Thanks.
    Well in theory Communism is of course one of the best systems out there. Way better then Capitalism. Communism is all about sharing, cooperating, equality etc. While Capitalism is all about competing, rich get richer, 1 percent owns more then half of the worlds wealth etc.

26. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Mod note from Bill:

You attacked *me* personally, genius. It wasn't the first time either. And it was a dumb comment. You just keep bleating the white supremacist accusation over and over and have never once argued it intellectually. List one thing I've said that is "white supremacist in nature". List one. And then explain precisely why it's racist.

You also insulted the entire forum. Don't forget that. Did you expect a big hug afterwards? When you congratulate the communist on her boldness (an actively murderous ideology responsible for countless millions of deaths) and then wag your finger at the rest of us for our hypothetical intolerance, the very universe demands that you're made aware how unintelligent that sounds. It would be a sin if you weren't.
    Last edited by Mike; 9th July 2020 at 15:36.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Chip (9th July 2020), Eva2 (9th July 2020), Hym (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020)

28. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Mod note from Bill:

You attacked *me* personally, genius. It wasn't the first time either. And it was a dumb comment. You just keep bleating the white supremacist accusation over and over and have never once argued it intellectually. List one thing I've said that is "white supremacist in nature". List one. And then explain precisely why it's racist.

You also insulted the entire forum. Don't forget that. Did you expect a big hug afterwards? When you congratulate the communist on her boldness (an actively murderous ideology responsible for countless millions of deaths) and then wag your finger at the rest of us for our hypothetical intolerance, the very universe demands that you're made aware how unintelligent that sounds. It would be a sin if you weren't.
    I didn't think I'd find myself saying this, but Mike you are sounding a bit arrogant and ignorant today.

Praxis' comment and all that crap aside ... There is no intrinsic evil, or cult, or religion, or nefariousness built into the general ideologies of socialism or communism. Communist systems tend to become destructive, like any other top down powered organization (including all religions), when the controlling interests get hijacked and/or corrupted by greedy people.

Is capitalism immune to this? You tell me .. how's this capitalist world working for us? Everything humming along brilliantly! No starvation, no more human rights issues, no more trafficking, pedophilia has been wiped out, and capitalism has led us to the verge of heaven on earth ... right? Oh wait ... but capitalism does allow all that to happen while we can blindly turn around and pretend it doesn't exist. Communism doesn't allow for that.

Come'on man ... the issues in this world is greedy people. Not ideologies, or religions, etc.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

ClearWater (9th July 2020), Eva2 (9th July 2020)

30. Link to Post #58
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Mypos (here)
    Justjane it would be really helpful if you could share why you support communism.  As you are well aware it is a word that could be said is very triggering to some as it is loaded with different interpretations, perspectives and experiences.

I did read you mentioned being pushed for time so perhaps a brief list of communist ideals you support or a brief explanation of what advantages you see in communism; in other words how do you imagine a communist society to look like.

I'm genuinely interested in the contemporary marxist/communist view and if there are others of like mind; perhaps some links that I could look at.

If you are able to share information on this topic perhaps a new thread would be helpful for discussion.  Thanks.
    Well in theory Communism is of course one of the best systems out there. Way better then Capitalism. Communism is all about sharing, cooperating, equality etc. While Capitalism is all about competing, rich get richer, 1 percent owns more then half of the worlds wealth etc.
    I don't think any of our current rigid exclusive systems as designed are the answer. We need to start thinking outside the boxes.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Constance (9th July 2020), Eva2 (9th July 2020), Franny (10th July 2020), Sophocles (10th July 2020)

32. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Mod note from Bill:

And again you throw some more insults at him? Why would you do this? Are you on this forum to pick fights?

33. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Mypos (here)

I don't think any of our current rigid exclusive systems as designed are the answer. We need to start thinking outside the boxes.
    Yeah i agree with you there. Personally i love the ideas like a resourced based economy. Or a donut economy. There are plenty of things to use. Problem is that the people at the top are not open for this kind of ideas. So the whole fake democracy system should be changed as well. Bottum up democracy seems like the way to go.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mypos For This Post:

DeDukshyn (9th July 2020), Justjane (9th July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast