+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Energy Drinks

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Default Re: Energy Drinks

Even the smell of those drinks, Redbull especially, is enough to put me off. If something smells that bad it can't be good for you.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Conaire For This Post:

Constance (14th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), meeradas (14th July 2020), TargeT (14th July 2020), toppy (14th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Even when I was a teenager I thought that energy drinks seem to be so toxic that I would not drink them. The one Battery that I once tried tasted awful. I chose coffee then or some other stimulant over it, I don't mean to criticize anyone's life choices. Unfortunately many of our "foods" are harmful. I did drink a lot of soda and stopped that too as it either isn't healthy. Sugar is bad, but aspartame and the other ingredients are even far worse.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anka (17th July 2020), Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Constance (14th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Hym (14th July 2020), Michi (14th July 2020), TargeT (14th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    And..did you see that video of the mri I shared?

Moderation does not equal balance.
    I dunno that we are as smart as we think we are, what exactly did that mean (MRI data)? I don't take "authority figures" word on anything any more.

and yes, moderation does not equal balance (though who defines that), I just go with my instincts and listen to my body for that one... best I can think of todo.

Quote Posted by Conaire (here)
    Even the smell of those drinks, Redbull especially, is enough to put me off. If something smells that bad it can't be good for you.
    there are many different ones out there, my occasional "rebuild" drink is Rockstar Recovery
    ; and I do agree with you, most things monster makes are repulsive to me and I could never finish a redbull (sans Vodka.... haha)

the worst things in it are Benzoic Acid, Acesulfame Potassium & Sucralose; but even those are in very small quantities and the vit B levels are worth it IMO. plus it's 20 calories and very lightly flavored (tastes much like a strongly doctored tea IMO).

Just playing devils advocate like I do.. nothing is all one sided
    Last edited by TargeT; 14th July 2020 at 14:26.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Constance (14th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,362 times in 4,613 posts

Most of the energy drinks I’ve noticed( being curious customer, I often walk around read the labels ) contain taurine, it’s natural amino acid you may suggest and it was originally derived from animal glands and organs.
    It tastes awful to me I tried it about twice in my life and did not like the “energy” of it.

Where is the original recipe for Coca Cola ?

😷

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Constance (14th July 2020), TargeT (14th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Most of the energy drinks I’ve noticed( being curious customer, I often walk around read the labels ) contain taurine, it’s natural amino acid you may suggest and it was originally derived from animal glands and organs.
    that's probably one of the few things that is actually pretty good for you in those cans

Quote It is essential for cardiovascular function, and development and function of skeletal muscle, the retina, and the central nervous system.

Taurine is an unusual example of a naturally occurring sulfonic acid.
    Funny enough, Taurine is added to "calm you down" due to the high levels of caffinee that are in those energy drinks... haha it's literally there to stop you from shaking due to high caffeine intake (and I wonder what it does to vascular constriction, or if it does nothing) either way it's a very interesting substance and "quite good" from my research.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Agape (14th July 2020), Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Constance (14th July 2020), justntime2learn (14th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,362 times in 4,613 posts

Could be many different types of energy drinks. I bet they come in countless variations everywhere.
    Some have more of one or another ingredients.

I’m super sensor 😅 but have own prefs and tolerances. I think I can tolerate extraordinary amounts of caffeine without it would cause me anything.
    It rises my naturally low blood pressure and keeps me focused.
    So I can run on coffee still 🐨

I know it’s awful for many people but as kids we have got hands on those concentrated coffee drops and ate it as a supplement,
    aside of colored sugar cubes and other forbidden stuff 😅

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,990 times in 2,110 posts

I had an 18 year old kid a few years back welding in my shop, he drank 3 of those monster energy drinks in one morning and went to total energy to total crash where he was lethargic and couldn't process anything . I sent him home for the rest of the day he was so out of it.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    that's probably one of the few things that is actually pretty good for you in those cans

Quote It is essential for cardiovascular function, and development and function of skeletal muscle, the retina, and the central nervous system.

Taurine is an unusual example of a naturally occurring sulfonic acid.
    Funny enough, Taurine is added to "calm you down" due to the high levels of caffinee that are in those energy drinks... haha it's literally there to stop you from shaking due to high caffeine intake (and I wonder what it does to vascular constriction, or if it does nothing) either way it's a very interesting substance and "quite good" from my research.
    I think taurine may also be added to help protect the heart from stress that can be induced from extremely high caffeine intake. A caffeine OD will usually affect the heart predominantly.

ADDITION:
    The best combo to use with caffeine is L-Theanine -- those two together work amazing. The Theanine helps shift your brain toward an alpha brainwave state, and keeps you calm, but allows the "focus" of the caffeine to come through .

I'm actually surprised there is no popular drinks with this combo. Sencha Green tea, (and regular green tea to a lesser extent) is naturally high in L-Theanine - that is why green tea generally gives a more civil caffeine buzz than coffee.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 14th July 2020 at 17:03.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Constance (14th July 2020), Hym (14th July 2020), leavesoftrees (30th September 2022), TargeT (14th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I think taurine may also be added to help protect the heart from stress that can be induced from extremely high caffeine intake. A caffeine OD will usually affect the heart predominantly.
    makes sense to me
    Where are you?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Constance (14th July 2020), DeDukshyn (14th July 2020), Hym (14th July 2020)

19. Link to Post #30
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

I dunno that we are as smart as we think we are
    I agree. The Dunning and Kruger affect is very much alive.

Quote what exactly did that mean (MRI data)?
    Re the MRI data: On face value, what I took it to mean is that whenever we partake of a substance, it has an immediate affect on the body. Everything we partake of in the way of substances is going to be expressed on one level of our being or another. Hence my referral to, you are what you eat whilst you think

I don't take "authority figures" word on anything any more.
    Fair enough.

I can understand why you feel this way. What I think is that everyone has a piece of the puzzle.

and yes, moderation does not equal balance (though who defines that), I just go with my instincts and listen to my body for that one... best I can think of todo.
    The only issue with listening to the body is that if for example, we have a biological infection, or a head injury, or we have been chemically poisoned, it can affect the way we think. Here is something I posted on the intelligence of bacteria on another thread.

Duly noted But I'm not sure if you were talking to Conaire or myself or both of us when you made that comment.

I agree, nothing is all one sided. All energies have a positive spin and a negative spin.

Energetically, coffee takes peoples energy into a negative spin. I used to help someone treat people in a clinic wholistically and one of the first things that would always show up was if they drank coffee because these were the people who couldn't keep their thoughts under control.

Just adding to the comments regarding Taurine. The Taurine in energy drinks are artificial and not natural.

Getting back to coffee as a diuretic, and the quote I shared from Jason Christoff, if coffee is a diuretic, why would you partake of a substance like that if it dehydrates one in the first instance?

I've got a question for everyone.

Would you give an energy drink or tea or coffee to a baby? And if not, why not?

The reason that I ask this is because

We are just as sensitive as we were when we were babies.
    Last edited by Constance; 14th July 2020 at 22:27.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), rgray222 (15th July 2020)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Duly noted But I'm not sure if you were talking to Conaire or myself or both of us when you made that comment.
    I mostly type for "the audience" my responses are often prompted by posts but I don't generally reply directly to individual posters... I'm weird I suppose. :}

diuretic, why would you partake of a substance like that if it dehydrates one in the first instance?
    Diuretic does not equate to dehydrate; though it can lead to that. There are many very good effects, but again moderation or specific targeted use is key (as with everything IMO).
    Where are you?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th July 2020), Constance (15th July 2020)

23. Link to Post #32
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Hey Target.
    That made me think to ask:
    Are you still wearing that radio-active pendant?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Constance (15th July 2020), DeDukshyn (15th July 2020), TargeT (15th July 2020)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Hey Target.
    That made me think to ask:
    Are you still wearing that radio-active pendant?
    until about 5 months ago when it was stolen from my jeep... I'll nver be able to replace it; it was a beautiful piece made by a member (former?) of this forum; very disappointing.

I'll eventually get another piece made i suppose, I'm about to move to VA so there will be more opportunity.
    Last edited by TargeT; 15th July 2020 at 19:46.
    Where are you?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Constance (15th July 2020), DeDukshyn (15th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (15th July 2020)

27. Link to Post #34
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 times in 146 posts

After 6000 years of history sugar is now evil if you are to believe all the articles that point to sugary soft drinks. The problems is not any of those sugary soft drinks contain real sugar. Ascorbic acid is not vitamin C and HFCS is not sugar. In the USA we have been deprived of natural sugar since the mid 80's. Your body is made up of sugars and your body craves them. Your body will get sugar from the many sources the sugar nazis say is ok. If this subject interests you here are a few links. I make a living making and selling soft drinks made with 100% non-gmo sugar cane and 100% natural ingredients in terms of colors flavors and acids.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/28/why-...-medicine.html

https://www.genengnews.com/gen-news-...256166?q=Sugar

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waldo For This Post:

Constance (15th July 2020), TargeT (16th July 2020)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,486 times in 420 posts

Remembered this as funny and informative, rewatched and it still is...

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metaphor For This Post:

Constance (15th July 2020), Wind (15th July 2020)

31. Link to Post #36
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by Waldo (here)
    After 6000 years of history sugar is now evil if you are to believe all the articles that point to sugary soft drinks. The problems is not any of those sugary soft drinks contain real sugar. Ascorbic acid is not vitamin C and HFCS is not sugar. In the USA we have been deprived of natural sugar since the mid 80's. Your body is made up of sugars and your body craves them. Your body will get sugar from the many sources the sugar nazis say is ok. If this subject interests you here are a few links. I make a living making and selling soft drinks made with 100% non-gmo sugar cane and 100% natural ingredients in terms of colors flavors and acids.

You just reminded me of Walter Kempner and the remarkable healings people received on a simple therapy of white rice, fruit, juice, and sugar.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/2013/12/...the-rice-diet/

snippet
    A major breakthrough occurred by accident in 1942 when one of Dr. Kempner’s patients, a 33-year-old North Carolina woman with chronic glomerulonephritis (kidney disease) and papilledema (eye disease) failed to follow his instructions. Because of Dr. Kempner’s heavy German accent she misunderstood his instructions to return in two weeks, and after two months, she finally returned, with no signs of deficiency, but rather with robust health. The woman had experienced a dramatic reduction of her blood pressure, from 190/120 to 124/84 mmHg, resolution of eye damage (retinal hemorrhages and papilledema), and a noticeable decrease in heart size.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

TargeT (16th July 2020), Waldo (16th July 2020)

33. Link to Post #37
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 times in 146 posts

Quote Posted by Waldo (here)

You just reminded me of Walter Kempner and the remarkable healings people received on a simple therapy of white rice, fruit, juice, and sugar.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/2013/12/...the-rice-diet/

snippet
    A major breakthrough occurred by accident in 1942 when one of Dr. Kempner’s patients, a 33-year-old North Carolina woman with chronic glomerulonephritis (kidney disease) and papilledema (eye disease) failed to follow his instructions. Because of Dr. Kempner’s heavy German accent she misunderstood his instructions to return in two weeks, and after two months, she finally returned, with no signs of deficiency, but rather with robust health. The woman had experienced a dramatic reduction of her blood pressure, from 190/120 to 124/84 mmHg, resolution of eye damage (retinal hemorrhages and papilledema), and a noticeable decrease in heart size.
    Soft drinks as originally created were not only a treat and or refreshment they were the original energy drinks. For the first time in history we are seeing fatty liver disease in non-alcoholic patients. That is due to HFCS being processed through the liver due to the metabolic rate of artificially processed sugars as opposed to natural sugars that the body absorbs and converts to energy upon consumption. Our bodies are naturally occurring not matter what position you hold on our origins. Medical science says our DNA holds the codes to our genetics on how our bodies function. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what we put in these bodies fuels everything. Wish I had time to communicate what i have learned and come to believe. I take the biblical position of the origin and God said everything he made with it's own seed and reproduces after it's own kind is all good. No where in nature will you find HFCS.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waldo For This Post:

Constance (16th July 2020), Wind (16th July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2