View Poll Results: Which of these views most accurately represents your own?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Masks are ineffective, but I'm willing to wear one.

29 23.39%
  • Masks are ineffective, and I'm not willing to wear one.

63 50.81%
  • Masks are effective, and I'm willing to wear one.

30 24.19%
  • Masks are effective, but I'm not willing to wear one.

2 1.61%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: An Avalon facemask poll

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Default Re: An Avalon facemask poll

To all those who voted:

"Masks are ineffective, but I'm willing to wear one. "

I would urge you to read the fine print of the laws in your area. I would wager that in most cases
    there are exemptions.

Masks are mandatory in my province but there are fine print exemptions.
    I take advantage of them, and not one store clerk has challenged me when I told them I have a medical condition.

Don't be wimps! Have courage and start using your voice.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Agape (22nd July 2020), anandacate (20th July 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (20th July 2020), Creedence (22nd July 2020), Jayke (20th July 2020), mountain_jim (20th July 2020), O Donna (20th July 2020), Patient (20th July 2020), Pieman (20th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 times in 463 posts

From Thursday masks or face coverings are mandatory, unless exercising ie jogging, or driving alone in a car, not a commercial vehicle. I will wear a scarf as I dont want to have to deal with the police, nor face a $200 fine. I accept that covering the face may reduce viral transmission from an infected person. But the other side of the coin is the subconscious message that is conveyed by a world of compliant, masked inhabitants. Potentially just as dangerous as the virus. Humour and light heartedness might defuse some of this danger.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Billy Vasiliadis (21st July 2020), greybeard (20th July 2020), Pieman (20th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Perhaps a poll asking.
    Do you believe that Governments have your best interests at heart by making the wearing of masks manditory?
    Do you believe there is an agenda behind enforced wearing of masks?

What Exomatrix TV is alluding to is that this is just the thin edge of the wedge.
    You agree to this it opens the door to mandatory testing -- mandatory vaccination on a regular basis, mandatory contact tracing, mandatory wear the tracking device
    Were do you make a stand?

I am not wearing a mask and yes I have valid exemption -- hasn't every one?
    The reason I go on about masks is --enough is enough and this is one way of stating this.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 20th July 2020 at 11:39.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Agape (22nd July 2020), anandacate (20th July 2020), betoobig (21st July 2020), Blacklight43 (20th July 2020), Brigantia (21st July 2020), ExomatrixTV (20th July 2020), genevieve (20th July 2020), Pieman (20th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I voted that masks are “ineffective and I’m not willing to wear one”. Having said that wearing of masks in the UK whilst shopping is compulsory from 24th July. I’m desperately in need of a haircut and went down to the hairdressers that I normally use on Friday last week. There is a big sign in the front window which states “All customers must wear a mask”. I saw through the window that the hairdresser had one of those clear plastic visors on and the customer was wearing a blue paper type mask too.
    I’m just going to avoid the hairdressers…..go for a ponytail…or a top-knot but will not adhere to this at all. I also feel it wrong for government to make these decisions and then expect shopkeepers to enforce it. I’ll also be looking to shop online and get groceries delivered in the future.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pieman For This Post:

anandacate (20th July 2020), DaveToo (21st July 2020), ExomatrixTV (20th July 2020), greybeard (20th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,473 times in 32,925 posts

Dear All, we've moved 19 posts that didn't seem directly related to the poll to the other facemasks thread, which we've now renamed The face mask discussion. Anything at all about facemasks is most welcome there. (Especially hard information!)

Posts on this thread should really be either a comment on the poll, or an enlargement/clarification of your own answer to the poll questions. We should really have posted a sign saying "No campaigning at the polling station".

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (22nd July 2020), ClearWater (20th July 2020), DaveToo (21st July 2020), Gracy (20th July 2020), Harmony (20th July 2020), kudzy (20th July 2020), mountain_jim (20th July 2020), Pieman (20th July 2020), Sadieblue (21st July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (20th July 2020), Yoda (21st July 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 times in 438 posts

At my workplace, dealing with public I am wearing a shield which is accepted. Any shops in Germany have to be entered with masks or a face shield.
    I am considering to emigrate and move to Switzerland. There one only has to wear masks in public transport systems.
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

DaveToo (21st July 2020), greybeard (20th July 2020), Pieman (20th July 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,319 times in 4,085 posts

My FFP3 mask, which I haven't worn yet (bought it for a DIY project that I never did), would help keep the lurgy out to an extent. But I have also bought some almost totally ineffective face-masks, that look the part (like surgical masks), so I can go shopping (UK). I didn't vote in this poll but might yet. Some masks can help reduce risk, it depends on the mask. Most of the ones I see out and about are no good

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

greybeard (21st July 2020), Satori (21st July 2020)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,176 times in 1,357 posts

I'd rather go down the road of disobedience and not wear a mask in shops, but I can't afford a fine or be bothered with hassle from staff and fellow shoppers. I work at the place where I do my food shopping anyway, so I could land myself in trouble if I didn't wear a mask when shopping. At least retail workers are exempt from wearing masks whilst working.

What I'm not going to do is any shopping other than essential, and I'll plan to do that as little as possible, which is what a lot of my friends are saying as well. That defeats the object of what the government has said, which is "to restore the confidence of shoppers". Our town centre is going to look a lot more deserted, and there have been hardly any shoppers out and about anyway in the past few weeks. I've noticed that the food shelves were more depleted than usual last week, so that suggests that people have been stocking up in order to shop as little as possible once the regulations come into force on Friday.

I really miss having a browse round charity shops for books, but now they all have an ogre on the door who bullies you into using hand sanitiser, so I'll make do with the books I have.
    Last edited by Brigantia; 21st July 2020 at 09:53. Reason: Added a bit

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

greybeard (21st July 2020), Satori (21st July 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

How about this, adding a poll to a poll!

CTV News in Canada just posted a facemask poll to their site.
    I am attaching links to show the poll and also the results so far.

Poll:

Poll results:

Scroll down on the following link if you wish to vote:
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Agape (22nd July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2