+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All about gravity

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,204 times in 437 posts

Default All about gravity

Yesterday I delved into the subject of gravity and the more I researched, the more new questions I got.

Perhaps some studied expert can answer some of the questions:

I figured that the ISS has been placed in orbit with a very high speed traveling in orbit around the earth with the purpose to keep it at the same distance to earth with fairly easy means, only requiring some minor course corrections from time to time. (centrifugal force)This however makes it quite a stunt to travel to the ISS, because the rocket has basically to chase the ISS.
    • Why hasn't the ISS been placed far enough away from earth in a more stationary position?
    • I tried to look up, which speed a rocket or space ship would need to travel in order to provide the same gravity for the passengers like on earth.
    • I can't figure why anyone would play with the idea of building bases on either the moon or mars. With such low gravity on either planet, it would pose great problems to the human body - unless one would build some gravitational environment like on earth.
    • What other technology, apart from centrifugal rings or cylinders does or might exist to provide earth-like gravity in space?

This tread also serves as Q&A place to share gravity related stuff.
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (10th August 2020), Anka (11th August 2020), Baby Steps (9th August 2020), Bill Ryan (9th August 2020), ClearWater (9th August 2020), Ioneo (9th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th August 2020), palehorse (11th August 2020), Peter UK (9th August 2020), Star Tsar (9th August 2020), Sunny-side-up (9th August 2020), thepainterdoug (9th August 2020), toppy (9th August 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: All about gravity

Quote Posted by Michi (here)

(several gravity related questions)
    • Why hasn't the ISS been placed far enough away from earth in a more stationary position?
    For a long time, the ISS orbit was about 350 km/ 220 miles high, although now it's a little higher (400 km/ 248 miles), to increase its fuel economy. That's because it has to use fuel occasionally to adjust its orbit, because of the very slight but non-zero air resistance. Higher, and the orbit stays more stable.

But a geostationary orbit is way beyond that: 35,786 km/ 22,236 miles. That's exact, because anything in orbit is in continual free-fall, and (if you remember Galileo's experiments), that's independent of the object's mass. It'd take far more rocket power to ever be able to reach it. It makes no logistical sense for it to be 100x further away.

Besides, by definition, anything in geostationary orbit is always stationary over one point of the earth's surface. But because, far lower, it's always moving relative to the earth, the ISS can also observe or photograph anything at all below it as it orbits.
    • I tried to look up, which speed a rocket or space ship would need to travel in order to provide the same gravity for the passengers like on earth.
    It's not speed that generates a feeling of artificial 'gravity' (like, being 'pressed' back into your seat when a plane takes off, or in a fast car when the lights turn green). It's acceleration.

By definition, to generate the same gravitational effect as on Earth, it'd have to be continuously accelerating at 1g. (That's 9.81 meters/sec2.) Einstein called that the Equivalence Principle.
    • I can't figure why anyone would play with the idea of building bases on either the moon or mars. With such low gravity on either planet, it would pose great problems to the human body - unless one would build some gravitational environment like on earth.
    Well, it depends which space program we're talking about! Long-term low gravity would have lots of negative effects on the body, of course.

But Camelot witness 'Henry Deacon' told us that the gravity in the already-established Mars base was exactly the same as on Earth. He did NOT know how this was achieved.
    • What other technology, apart from centrifugal rings or cylinders does or might exist to provide earth-like gravity in space?
    Either artificial gravity created by something not yet understood by public-sector science, something rotating (as is often shown in Sci-Fi films), or continuous acceleration: though if one does the math, an acceleration of 1g can't be maintained for very long due to relativistic reasons. One would (theoretically!) reach the speed of light in less than a year.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 9th August 2020 at 12:43.

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (10th August 2020), Anka (11th August 2020), Baby Steps (9th August 2020), ClearWater (9th August 2020), DeDukshyn (9th August 2020), Gwin Ru (9th August 2020), Ioneo (9th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th August 2020), Michi (9th August 2020), O Donna (11th August 2020), palehorse (11th August 2020), Peter UK (9th August 2020), Satori (10th August 2020), Star Tsar (9th August 2020), toppy (9th August 2020), Yoda (9th August 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I can't figure why anyone would play with the idea of building bases on either the moon or mars. With such low gravity on either planet, it would pose great problems to the human body - unless one would build some gravitational environment like on earth.
    Well, it depends which space program we're talking about! Long-term low gravity would have lots of negative effects on the body, of course.

But Camelot witness 'Henry Deacon' told us that the gravity in the already-established Mars base was exactly the same as on Earth. He did NOT know how this was achieved.
    I would imagine with the kind of technology at their disposal and the degree of sophistication around it, anything is possible. Their ability to pressurise living environments suitable for a variety of life forms is probably something they are very familiar with.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (10th August 2020), Anka (11th August 2020), Bill Ryan (9th August 2020), ClearWater (9th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th August 2020), Michi (9th August 2020), palehorse (11th August 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Gravity is indeed a vast subject. I didn't even delve really into the relation to space-time.
    One odd thing to me is also how come that planets revolving around the sun aren't eventually over long time either "flying away" or crashing into the sun. I can't figure that gravity and centrifugal forces are keeping those planets "in check".
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (10th August 2020), Anka (11th August 2020), Bill Ryan (9th August 2020), Star Tsar (9th August 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

Gravity is indeed a vast subject. I didn't even delve really into the relation to space-time.
    One odd thing to me is also how come that planets revolving around the sun aren't eventually over long time either "flying away" or crashing into the sun. I can't figure that gravity and centrifugal forces are keeping those planets "in check".
    Something to read:
    Earth Is Drifting Away From The Sun, And So Are All The Planets

(...but don't worry: the drift rate is just 1.5 centimeters per year. )

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (10th August 2020), Anka (11th August 2020), Baby Steps (10th August 2020), Michi (9th August 2020), O Donna (11th August 2020), palehorse (11th August 2020), Star Tsar (9th August 2020), Yoda (9th August 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

I'd add:

Of the four forces recognized by mainstream science:

strong force - inward acting toward source, acts on very small distances (sub-atomic)

gravity - acts inward towards source, acts on large distances (cosmic)

weak force - like a sheering force it acts tangentially from the source, acts on small distances (atomic)

electromagnetic force - acts outward from source, acts over large distances (cosmic)

Seems to me, due to symmetry, that there is a force missing - the one that acts outward over small distances

If this force were to be discovered I think it would shed light on the others, especially gravity.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Michi (9th August 2020), palehorse (11th August 2020), Star Tsar (9th August 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    (...but don't worry: the drift rate is just 1.5 centimeters per year. )
    Yes, this equilibrium is very suspicious to me with all this forces acting upon each other - not even taking into account the universe also moving.
    Here on earth, one has to do quite a stunt to achieve exact equilibrium. Things usually decay or change form at best (and this usually doesn't require a long time).
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Michi For This Post:

Star Tsar (10th August 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

The PolyMath Walter Russel has much to say about gravity and radiation, quite contrary to our collective education and notions on this .
    Its incredible material in my opinion and needs time to understand.
    I can see why he has been marginalized by the science community for 50 years. Below is just some on his thoughts on gravity.

Walter Russell & Gravity
    Walter Russell (1871-1963) viewed the universe as a two-way universe of gravitation and radiation.

Gravity relates to compression. Radiation relates to expansion.

“Gravity and radiativity are opposite pressure conditions. They perpetually void themselves by giving to the other.

Positive electricity produces the condition of gravity by compression–which means charging or generating. Negative electricity produces the condition of radiation by expanding–which means discharging or degenerating.

It is impossible for one of the polarized conditions to be present without the other, for each opposite borns its mate and interchanges with it until each one becomes the other.”9

“Motion is two-way, for all motion is caused by the division of an equilibrium, and its extension in two opposite directions to create the two opposite conditions of pressures necessary to make motion imperative.

One of these two conditions of electric motion thrusts inward toward a center to create a centripetal vortice to simulate gravity. On the other side of the dividing equator, the other condition thrusts outward from a center to create a centrifugal vortice to simulate vacuity.”10

“Gravitation and radiation are both radial. Radii of either the inward direction of gravity or the outward direction of radiation cannot be projected through varying pressures without bending to conform to the varying densities of varying pressure gradients.”11

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (9th August 2020), Satori (10th August 2020), Star Tsar (10th August 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

Regarding having the ISS in close orbit, I think one of the main reasons is to keep it within the Earth's magnetic field to protect astronauts from harmful radiation from the sun.

Electro-gravitics is an interesting and suppressed field of study. The design documents released of the tr-3b indicate that large Tesla coils are used to create strong magnetic fields used to spin mercury plasma at huge rotational speeds that vacate gravity. If gravity is evaded, then and ojects' mass can be reduced or eliminated, which means you can exceed the speed of light or make maneuvers that defy conventional physics

It is interesting to note that the largest fusion reactor in the world, ITER, currently under construction in France, uses the same design concept as the tr-3b. Large Tesla coils create super magnetic fields to keep hydrogen plasma suspended under great temperatures.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Michi (10th August 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,103 times in 806 posts

ThunderboltsProject on Youtube has many videos about conventional gravity driven theories from EU perspective.
    From macroscopic to microscopic world electromagnetic forces dominate not gravity.

Change of electromagnetic environment of planet or star affects local gravity. Gravitational constant can't be fixed.
    The speed of gravity between celestial bodies is billion times faster than speed of light.

Here is one primer. The gravity of prehistoric time when Dinosaurs were living, had to be twice weaker than present days.
    Do Dinosaurs Pose a Gravity Problem?

Sky Scholar is a great channel that debunks Big Bang cosmology.

I think until mankind perfects electromagnetic environment technology, the space exploration would remain as daydream.
    For free society!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (10th August 2020), Satori (10th August 2020)

+ Reply to Thread