+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oliver Stone: It Doesn’t Matter Who’s US President, The Military-Industrial Complex Must be Funded!

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Default Oliver Stone: It Doesn’t Matter Who’s US President, The Military-Industrial Complex Must be Funded!

Oliver Stone: It Doesn’t Matter Who’s US President, The Military-Industrial Complex Must be Funded!
    Aug 5, 2020
    Going Underground on RT
    94.7K subscribers

"On this episode of Going Underground, we speak to one of the greatest film directors in the world Oliver Stone. He discusses his new book ‘Chasing the Light’ which details his life directing and involvement in iconic films such as Salvador, Scarface and Midnight Express, the alleged interference of the military-industrial complex and Henry Kissinger with his film ‘Salvador’ which covers the civil war in El Salvador between the FMLN and the US-backed right wing military, the impact of going to fight in the Vietnam war on his life, continuing US imperialism in Latin America in places such as Honduras, his personal struggles with his parents’ divorce and drug use, how Hollywood’s obsession with cop shows ultimately led to the Crime Bill, the War on Drugs and the Clinton White House, the revival of the Cold War in the 1980s against the Soviet Union and the birth of Ronald Reagan’s neoliberalism, the intelligence agencies’ grip on the US government, his opinions on Donald Trump, Joe Biden, and why it was hopeless for Donald Trump to change a system ran by the military-industrial complex and much more!"
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alecs (9th August 2020), Alekahn2 (11th August 2020), Annacarl (10th August 2020), Bill Ryan (9th August 2020), Constance (11th August 2020), Delight (9th August 2020), earthdreamer (11th August 2020), ExomatrixTV (9th August 2020), Gracy (9th August 2020), Gwin Ru (9th August 2020), Ioneo (9th August 2020), Mercedes (9th August 2020), Mike (9th August 2020), O Donna (11th August 2020), Peter UK (9th August 2020), Sunny-side-up (9th August 2020), toppy (10th August 2020), Tyy1907 (9th August 2020), Violet3 (10th August 2020), Wind (9th August 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: Oliver Stone: It Doesn’t Matter Who’s US President, The Military-Industrial Complex Must be Funded!

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Oliver Stone: It Doesn’t Matter Who’s US President, The Military-Industrial Complex Must be Funded!
    Aug 5, 2020
    Going Underground on RT
    94.7K subscribers

"On this episode of Going Underground, we speak to one of the greatest film directors in the world Oliver Stone. He discusses his new book ‘Chasing the Light’ which details his life directing and involvement in iconic films such as Salvador, Scarface and Midnight Express, the alleged interference of the military-industrial complex and Henry Kissinger with his film ‘Salvador’ which covers the civil war in El Salvador between the FMLN and the US-backed right wing military, the impact of going to fight in the Vietnam war on his life, continuing US imperialism in Latin America in places such as Honduras, his personal struggles with his parents’ divorce and drug use, how Hollywood’s obsession with cop shows ultimately led to the Crime Bill, the War on Drugs and the Clinton White House, the revival of the Cold War in the 1980s against the Soviet Union and the birth of Ronald Reagan’s neoliberalism, the intelligence agencies’ grip on the US government, his opinions on Donald Trump, Joe Biden, and why it was hopeless for Donald Trump to change a system ran by the military-industrial complex and much more!"
    Fantastic. Great interview, great man.

I'd love to have seen the entire unedited interview. I'm guessing the whole conversation was 45-60 minutes. There were quite a few abrupt jump cuts just as a topic was getting interesting.

For more on Oliver Stone, here he is with Joe Rogan, on 21 July, just over two weeks ago:

4. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (9th August 2020), Annacarl (10th August 2020), Delight (9th August 2020), Franny (10th August 2020), graciousb (11th August 2020), Gracy (9th August 2020), Gwin Ru (9th August 2020), Ioneo (9th August 2020), kfm27917 (10th August 2020), Mercedes (9th August 2020), O Donna (11th August 2020), onawah (9th August 2020), Peter UK (9th August 2020), TargeT (10th August 2020), Tintin (10th August 2020), toppy (10th August 2020), Tyy1907 (9th August 2020), Violet3 (10th August 2020), Wind (9th August 2020), Yoda (9th August 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Default Re: Oliver Stone: It Doesn’t Matter Who’s US President, The Military-Industrial Complex Must be Funded!

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    For more on Oliver Stone, here he is with Joe Rogan, on 21 July, just over two weeks ago:

Wouldn't have missed that one for the world, fascinating guy. How appropriate Joe ending it by looking Oliver in the eye and telling him "You're a bad motherf**ker I appreciate you".

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,329 times in 930 posts

I respected Oliver Stone until he made the movie "World Trade Center" which appeared to me to be buttressing the official story.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th August 2020), Franny (10th August 2020), onawah (10th August 2020), Peter UK (10th August 2020), Satori (10th August 2020), Violet3 (10th August 2020)

8. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,060 times in 2,419 posts

Quote Posted by Arcturian108 (here)
    I respected Oliver Stone until he made the movie "World Trade Center" which appeared to me to be buttressing the official story.
    I do not trust O. Stone. There were clues in his interview with Rogan, not the least of which was how uneasy and evasive he became when Rogan brought up Epstein. All of his films are anti-American, in my view. He’s a gatekeeper of sorts. (I also think he did more than take a pee when he stopped the interview to go to the bathroom. He was more “alert” when he returned and he was constantly touching his nose near the end of the interview. He looked like hell, too.)

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th August 2020), ChristianSky (11th August 2020), Franny (10th August 2020), Gwin Ru (10th August 2020), happyuk (10th August 2020), kfm27917 (10th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th August 2020), Peter UK (10th August 2020)

10. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    All of his films are anti-American, in my view.
    I’m not really sure what it even means any more to be considered “anti American”. Like I’ve even been asked why I hate my country for simply pointing out my governments obsession in foreign policy with endless wars, sanctions, coups, black ops, etc., regardless of who’s sitting in the big chair.

So by that metric I reckon that I really am anti American as well.

Can you point to specifics in his films that you find anti American, as opposed to him pointing out a dark rotten underbelly that the general public doesn’t care to look at?
    Last edited by Gracy; 10th August 2020 at 17:48.

11. Link to Post #7
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,504 times in 4,311 posts

I do not trust O. Stone.
    Nor me, not for a second. I don't know about anti-American, but I have a hard time placing any trust in him. JFK for example. An enthralling slice of movie-making for certain, but as a truth piece an absolute sh!t-show, full of obvious and very deliberate lies. Like you say Satori, I do suspect he's a gatekeeper.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th August 2020), Franny (10th August 2020), O Donna (11th August 2020), onawah (10th August 2020), Peter UK (10th August 2020), Satori (10th August 2020)

13. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,060 times in 2,419 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    I’m not really sure what it even means any more to be considered “anti American”. Like I’ve even been asked why I hate my country for simply pointing out my governments obsession in foreign policy with endless wars, sanctions, coups, black ops, etc., regardless of who’s sitting in the big chair.

So by that matrix I reckon that I really am anti American as well.

Can you point to specifics in his films that you find anti American, as opposed to him pointing out a dark rotten underbelly that the general public doesn’t care to look at?
    The specifics are in his work in toto. I could give you examples if I had any inclination to take the bait from you. Moreover, you are an astute observer and I believe you know exactly what I'm talking about. In addition, the "dark rotten underbelly" is everywhere, not just in the US of A. My record on this forum demonstrates that I'm no staunch supporter of the US on all matters. Indeed, I'm very critical of much that has taken place in this country and elsewhere. I feel no need to defend my comments.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th August 2020), Franny (10th August 2020), kfm27917 (10th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th August 2020), O Donna (11th August 2020), Peter UK (10th August 2020)

15. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    The specifics are in his work in toto. I could give you examples if I had any inclination to take the bait from you.
    Ouch! I don't know why that was considered bait, I considered it a legitimate question to a broad sweeping statement.

That's okay we'll just move on.

16. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Stone is hardly squeaky clean, and doesn't pretend to be.
    In that sense, at least, he's an interesting study, but I wouldn't say he inspires trust anymore than what he would probably portray as his opposite, which would be someone like (supposedly retired) CIA agent RS Steele.
    You can learn from these people, but certainly not by swallowing whole everything they say.
    It's an exercise in discernment....
    Each breath a gift...

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

justntime2learn (11th August 2020), O Donna (11th August 2020), Peter UK (10th August 2020), Satori (10th August 2020)

18. Link to Post #11
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Joe has earned his huge popularity... I love these long run free flowing formats, it's SO much more genuine and relatable, I am so glad this has become a popular thing.

I thought this shed a lot of light on Mr Stone.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

justntime2learn (11th August 2020), Krist (11th August 2020), O Donna (11th August 2020)

+ Reply to Thread