+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Horoscope Hang-Up: Earth Rotation Changes Zodiac Signs

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Horoscope Hang-Up: Earth Rotation Changes Zodiac Signs

Hey everyone.

Just stopping by to share this article, pretty interesting thats for sure. Seems i am still a Pisces tho!

Take care.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/...-zodiac-signs/

2. Link to Post #2
    New Zealand Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Horoscope Hang-Up: Earth Rotation Changes Zodiac Signs

Arghhh screams running from thread,
    "My eyes my eyes! Its lies, its lies!"

Don't ask me why though sorry. This is just an intuitive response

3. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Last edited by Banshee; 15th January 2011 at 18:55.

4. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

That is very old news. It's is known by astronomers since a long time that astrology is about one month off. Even the time the solar system 'stays' in any given constelation isn't even, while the astrology signs are.

Astrology is using constellation position of our solar system thousand of years old.

According to astrology, I am a gemini, but the day I was born in 1969, 19th june, our solar system was passing in Taurus. So, it makes me a Taurus but still, the time our solar system stayed in Taurus is not even one month!

I read an articles in a canadian newspaper about this at least 10 years ago.

Namaste, Steven

5. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Oh it knocked me off the Aries/Pisces cusp and I'm just a Pisces now. I need my fire back! Also explains why my ex didn't behave like a Scorpio, he wasn't. No wonder we didn't get along; he was really a Libra.

6. Link to Post #6
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 times in 408 posts

I am renewed into Ophiuchus...

7. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 times in 423 posts

The precession of the equinoxes has been recognized in western astronomy as a problem for a long time. However, Vedic astronomy compensates for this effect (and I have found it to be quite surprising with regard to some of the insights offered).

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Quote Posted by Swami (here)
    I am renewed into Ophiuchus...
    So is my daughter. Tell me what to expect. Its bad enough she's a teenager I don't need any strange planetary influences flung into the teen hormonal brew. How do we pronounce that anyway?

9. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member AlkaMyst's Avatar
    Thanks

Post What's your sign? You probably don't know?

Hello Everyone,

I don't know if anybody has posted this or is even aware of this, I searched before posting and didn't see anything of this nature.....if there's another thread regarding this then (Mods Please Merge).

Well guys, here's what's making a huge bus on the internet at the moment.....there's a "NEW ZODIAC SIGN" that has been discovered and now if you were born between Nov. 29 and Dec. 17, brace yourself. You're now something you've probably never heard of before: an Ophiuchus (picture a guy in a toga wrestling a snake).

WHAT????........"a guy in a toga wrestling a snake", are you kidding me? This is just amazing!

Here's how the new Zodiac brakes down.....I know some of you will be shocked as I was, I went from Cancer to Gemini. Please comment on how your sign changed if it did at all!
    • Capricorn | Jan. 20-Feb. 16
    • Aquarius | Feb. 16-March 11
    • Pisces | March 11-April 18
    • Aries | April 18-May 13
    • Taurus | May 13-June 21
    • Gemini | June 21-July 20
    • Cancer | July 20-Aug. 10
    • Leo | Aug. 10-Sept. 16
    • Virgo | Sept. 16-Oct. 30
    • Libra | Oct. 30-Nov. 23
    • Scorpio | Nov. 23-29
    • Ophiuchus | Nov. 29-Dec. 17
    • Sagittarius | Dec. 17-Jan. 20
    Original Source
    Quote CHARLESTON -- If someone asked your zodiac "sign" last night, and you thought you'd made a love connection, forget it. It was probably all wrong.

Thousands of South Carolinians this week are discovering they may have gone to bed as a Gemini or Leo, only to wake up as a Taurus or a Cancer.

And if you were born between Nov. 29 and Dec. 17, brace yourself. You're now something you've probably never heard of before: an Ophiuchus (picture a guy in a toga wrestling a snake).

A re-thinking of the astrological signs spread across the Internet this week after a Minneapolis astronomy professor said the zodiac as we know it is out of whack.

Parke Kunkle said in a newspaper story the evolution of the Earth's wobbly orbit means we're no longer aligned in the same position under the stars as when the sign table was conceived eons ago.

For example, instead of the sun "being in Capricorn" for the 30 days or so we'd previously thought, it might actually be in Sagittarius, etc., across the calendar. In some cases, the dates are nearly a month off.

By correlation, the days that each zodiac sign is active would have been lengthened, or compacted, to make room for Ophiuchus, the 13th symbol.

North Charleston psychic Cynthia Armstrong said she didn't think the new star-sign lineup would be readily accepted locally, given the strong ties most people possess to the sign they were born under.

"Your sign, it's a label, it's personal and it's you," she said in her office off Ashley Phosphate Road. "To change, it's a little upsetting." At least 31 percent of Americans believe in astrology, a recent Harris Poll said.

Armstrong was the only one of about six local spiritualists who could meet for a face-to-face interview Friday about the zodiac. Others said their schedules were too busy or that they were out of town, while one said she didn't allow her photograph to be taken because a camera would steal her "energy."

Kunkle readily admits there is nothing ground-breaking in what he said. The Minneapolis Community and Technical College teacher told the media this week his assertion is based on "2,000-year-old information" that astronomers have known about but never bothered to fixate on.

Dr. Jon Hakkila, chairman of the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the College of Charleston, agreed. "There is nothing new here in our understanding of how the heavens work," he said. "This is sensational, rather than new."

At least three points are at play, Hakkila said. First, is "the makeup of the zodiac is and always has been somewhat arbitrary because the definitions and boundaries of constellations have changed many times over the centuries," he said. Also, the sun's path through the constellations has gradually shifted, and the definition of the zodiac actually allows for a wider range of constellations "than just these 12 or 13."

Ophiuchus reportedly was kicked out of the zodiac lineup long ago because the ancient Babylonians felt more comfortable with 12 star signs.

While some astrologers say there's nothing in this week's report that warrants changing horoscopes, Armstrong predicts Charleston should see better times in 2011 than it did in 2010 for both men and women, no matter how the stars align. Especially on the jobs front, she said.
    But to tell you the truth it really doesn't surprise me at all. If one understand what's happening to the planet right now then they would understand that this was coming as the North Pole continues to shift towards Russia.....OH What? you didn't know? Read Here and watch video below!

PS
    Times are certainly changing and this is the most exciting time to be alive!

Peace, Love and Blessings to All,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

"If I were you?, Who would I be?
    If I were you?, Will I still be me?
    Who's are they, this eyes through which I see?
    Looking, Looking Back at Me"

Taken from the Documentary -"Who's Driving The Dreambus"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

Zook (16th January 2011)

11. Link to Post #10
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

Default Re: What's your sign? You probably don't know?

mmmm

Aparently im a Libra.

I match the scorpio personality perfectly.

I am having doubts about this change?

12. Link to Post #11
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Chatting with Horatio, on a bridge between Hope and Hemlock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 times in 445 posts

Quote Posted by AlkaMyst (here)
    Hello Everyone,
    I don't know if anybody has posted this or is even aware of this, I searched before posting and didn't see anything of this nature.....if there's another thread regarding this then (Mods Please Merge).

Well guys, here's what's making a huge bus on the internet at the moment.....there's a "NEW ZODIAC SIGN" that has been discovered and now if you were born between Nov. 29 and Dec. 17, brace yourself. You're now something you've probably never heard of before: an Ophiuchus (picture a guy in a toga wrestling a snake).

[...]

WHAT????........"a guy in a toga wrestling a snake", are you kidding me? This is just amazing!

Here's how the new Zodiac brakes down.....I know some of you will be shocked as I was, I went from Cancer to Gemini. Please comment on how your sign changed if it did at all!
    • Capricorn | Jan. 20-Feb. 16
    • Aquarius | Feb. 16-March 11
    • Pisces | March 11-April 18
    • Aries | April 18-May 13
    • Taurus | May 13-June 21
    • Gemini | June 21-July 20
    • Cancer | July 20-Aug. 10
    • Leo | Aug. 10-Sept. 16
    • Virgo | Sept. 16-Oct. 30
    • Libra | Oct. 30-Nov. 23
    • Scorpio | Nov. 23-29
    • Ophiuchus | Nov. 29-Dec. 17
    • Sagittarius | Dec. 17-Jan. 20
    [...]
    All I can say is that they've got another thing coming if they think they can move Ole Zook off his Aquarian voyage. Feb. 06 Full -blooded Aquarian. True-blooded Aquarian. The way Aquarian was meant to be!

ps: Mom's an Ophiuchus?? I can just about hear the pots flying off the fridge! 14 and Decembric has always been the Sage of Sagittarius ... and you think I'm gonna tell her she can no longer be? Think again!

13. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I guess I am a Ophiuchus now

14. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Nothing changes - The west peoples (Western Astrology) go by Tropical Zodiac while The East go by Sidereal Zodiac.

15. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Smile Re: What's your sign? You probably don't know?

zook
    Quote ps: Mom's an Ophiuchus?? I can just about hear the pots flying off the fridge!
    ROFLMAO........

peg226
    Quote Nothing changes - The west peoples (Western Astrology) go by Tropical Zodiac while The East go by Sidereal Zodiac.
    Thanks for the info.......good to know!!! Can you please refer me to this source?

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

16. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Hi Alkamyst - that sign was always there between Scorpio and Saggitarius. I wish I could remember where it was mentioned before.
    I don't know why it was ignored in the zodiac.

I'll try and find the information again.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

17. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Hi Alkamyst - that sign was always there between Scorpio and Saggitarius. I wish I could remember where it was mentioned before.
    I don't know why it was ignored in the zodiac.

I'll try and find the information again.
    Thank you Teakai....I would really appreciate that!
    Food for Thought.......

18. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Discovery of 13th Animal Proves You May Not Be a Tiger Any More

Published by Eric Francis at 10:46 am under Daily Astrology |
    Back to Planet Waves Main Page | Print this Article

Reprinted from the New York Times Magazine

The Mouse represents the controversial new 13th sign of the Chinese Zodic. This has some Tigers worried, but Dragons don't seem to care.

All your life you thought you were born the Chinese Year of the Tiger — suggesting you’re charming, well liked, not seeking money or power, and craving approval from your family. But if you were born between March 29 and April 1 1974, you were actually born during the year of the Mouse.

The discovery of the 13th animal, the Mouse, has been suspected for a long time. But last week, astronomers challenged the 5,000 year old Chinese zodiac, saying that the years and the dates of the signs are all wrong. “We see the droppings everywhere,” said Kark Punkle.

Controversial -- the Year of the Mouse is speread all over the place. And worldwide, fans of the Chinese Zodiak are freaking out that they may not be a Rat, a Dragon or a Cock

“Its not really a year,” said Punkle, who made the discovery. “It’s more like four days, at least in 1974. But still, there is a Mouse out there, and it influences you.” If you’re a Mouse, he says, you’re more likely to go scavenging, you’ll want to avoid traps, and you generally come out only at night. You will dislike Rats, and avoid owls.

“The Mouse was revered by the ancient Chinese. Now, astrology is finally buggered.”

The Chinese zodiac is based on the 12 animals who visited Buddha when he was sitting under a tree, or something. However, with all the fuss and chatter, nobody noticed that there was a 13th animal, a Mouse. Based on this discovery, astronomers have rewritten the dates of the Chinese zodiac. In a letter to Chinese President Hu Jintao, astronomers wrote, “We regret to inform you that the Chinese zodiac is not accurate. We have discovered an factor of which you need to be aware. We trust that you will put this in China Google so that everyone finds out.”

The Year of the Mouse includes:

Dec. 31, 1934-Jan. 1, 1935
    May 14-17, 1944, in the garage
    March 4-9, 1957
    September 14-16, 1961
    Aug. 7, 1962 from 3:31 pm to 3:45 pm
    July 25-26, 1964, in the wood shed
    March 29-April 1, 1974
    June 21, 2001, in the kitchen
    and Today

Astronomers note that the Mouse is not applicable everywhere all the time. Sometimes it’s only in the garage, and other times in the kitchen. Other times it seems like the closet, but you cannot quite tell.

Predictably, followers of the Chinese Zodiac had mixed reactions.

“I like being a Cock,” said Jeremy Wallace of Tulsa. “Nobody is gonna tell me I’m a Mouse. That’s an insult.” He said he refuses to have his Chinese zodiac sign tattoo removed.

“This is distressing,” said Marjorie Franklin, who usually reads astrology websites from midnight till she falls asleep at about 3:30 am each night. “You cannot just tell me I’m not a Rabbit any more. I don’t know who I am. Where am I?”

But others responded more favorably. “I never really felt like much of an Ox,” said Milton Molonsky, who was born during a brief 14 minute Year of the Mouse in 1962. “I definitely feel like more of a Mouse.”

His wife, Mrs. Molonsky, agreed. “Yes, he’s pretty Mousy most of the time,” she said.

Not Worried -- Sandra Bullock says she's still a Dragon. Can't you tell?

“I don’t really care,” said actress Sandra Bullock, who was born during a Year of the Pink Mouse that took place during 1964, the Year of the Green Dragon. “Dragons don’t really exist. I have nothing to worry about.”

“This is ridiculous,” said Lou Ann White, author of The Gnu Zodiac, which blends Chinese and Western astrology and Szechuan cuisine. “There is no Western sign corresponding to the Mouse. Well, okay, maybe Virgo,” she added.

Prof. Chong Chee Wi of Brown University’s Department of Comparative Chinese Things said that there is no evidence in the ancient literature that Buddha was visited by a Mouse. “This is speculative. Those damned astronomers always have it in for China,” he said.

Punkle and other scientists also believe that with the Mouse there is a new element in Chinese philosophy — string. “This is the basis of String Theory,” he said, from his observatory at the Minneapolis Ladies’ Astronomical Reading Society last night, trying to figure out where the scratching in the wall is coming from.

Punkle said that he and his colleagues were also close to announcing the discovery of an 81st Tarot card, The Housekeeper, as well as a seventh chess piece, the Squire.

19. Link to Post #18
    England Avalon Member HURRITT ENYETO's Avatar
    Over the Moon Under the Sun. Manchester UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,333 times in 531 posts

Apparently i am a Gemini Not a Cancer by 1 day.
    Well i am making it official here: I renounce my implied Geminisation (I made a new word,well they made a new star-sign) and i am officially keeping my original Cancerian roots Otherwise ill have to change my entire personality to match Gemini hehe

Hurritt
    The Universe at its heart is a Phantom.
    God sleeps in the Minerals, Awakens in Plants, Walks in the Animals and Thinks in Man.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HURRITT ENYETO For This Post:

Icecold (18th January 2011), Zook (17th January 2011)

21. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Apparently i am a Gemini Not a Cancer by 1 day.
    Well i am making it official here: I renounce my implied Geminisation (I made a new word,well they made a new star-sign) and i am officially keeping my original Cancerian roots Otherwise ill have to change my entire personality to match Gemini hehe
    That goes for me too!
    Food for Thought.......

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

HURRITT ENYETO (16th January 2011), Icecold (18th January 2011), Zook (17th January 2011)

23. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

this is all getting very pythonesque....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast