+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Biden?

1. Link to Post #201
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: Why Biden?

Quote Posted by sunwings (here)
    Joe Biden Confuses President Trump W/ George W Bush: “Because Of Who I’m Running Against…George"

No doubt he was reading a 20 year old script written for someone else the last time George Bush was running for President. More empty, meaningless, recycled talking points from sleepy Joe.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th October 2020), Brigantia (26th October 2020), Franny (26th October 2020), justntime2learn (26th October 2020), pueblo (26th October 2020), TargeT (26th October 2020), Tintin (8th December 2020), wondering (27th October 2020)

3. Link to Post #202
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Name:  Biden's suicide note by Killary.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  67.8 KB

Just substitute Kamala Harris for Killary Clinton.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Franny (26th October 2020), Jayke (26th October 2020), Operator (26th October 2020), TargeT (26th October 2020), wondering (27th October 2020)

5. Link to Post #203
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,643 times in 276 posts

Quote Posted by Maia Gabrial (here)
    Attachment 44880

Really offensive comments. Where does science and spirituality enter into this thread?
    Love is all you need

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 42 For This Post:

Bluegreen (28th October 2020), Ewan (26th October 2020), Franny (26th October 2020), wondering (27th October 2020)

7. Link to Post #204
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,052 times in 2,398 posts

Quote Posted by 42 (here)
    Attachment 44880

Really offensive comments. Where does science and spirituality enter into this thread?
    Well this is the News and Updates thread not Science or Spirituality. I guess sometimes people have to vent and it does not always seem appropriate to others.
    But we do live in strange times - whatever your viewpoint.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (27th October 2020), Franny (26th October 2020), Jayke (26th October 2020), justntime2learn (26th October 2020), sunflower (26th October 2020), T Smith (26th October 2020), TargeT (26th October 2020), wondering (27th October 2020)

9. Link to Post #205
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Attachment 44880

Well this is the News and Updates thread not Science or Spirituality. I guess sometimes people have to vent and it does not always seem appropriate to others.
    But we do live in strange times - whatever your viewpoint.
    Seems like a meme on reality... its clear Joe was picked because he is completely owned and deep in the swamp, hes a d list politician really... very expendable from what I'm seeing
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Ewan (26th October 2020), Franny (26th October 2020), Jayke (26th October 2020), justntime2learn (26th October 2020), T Smith (26th October 2020), wondering (27th October 2020)

11. Link to Post #206
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Attachment 44880

It is important to understand the full context of what's going on here in the U.S. It has been obvious to both Dems and Repubs for quite some time that Biden is simply not mentally fit for president, and that should he be elected, his vice president will ultimately finish his term. Thus, IMO, memes like this simply reinforce and echo that point.

It might be helpful to consider this meme and others like it as forms of political cartoons, the type that might be in some newspaper. Sometimes those are funny, sometimes not. Often depends on the reader. Either way, they are a form of expression, and no harm or foul play is actually being advocated here.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Bluegreen (28th October 2020), ClearWater (26th October 2020), Ewan (26th October 2020), Franny (26th October 2020), Gracy (26th October 2020), Jayke (26th October 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th October 2020), T Smith (26th October 2020), wondering (27th October 2020)

13. Link to Post #207
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sarah Rainsong (here)
    Attachment 44880

It is important to understand the full context of what's going on here in the U.S. It has been obvious to both Dems and Repubs for quite some time that Biden is simply not mentally fit for president, and that should he be elected, his vice president will ultimately finish his term. Thus, IMO, memes like this simply reinforce and echo that point.

It might be helpful to consider this meme and others like it as forms of political cartoons, the type that might be in some newspaper. Sometimes those are funny, sometimes not. Often depends on the reader. Either way, they are a form of expression, and no harm or foul play is actually being advocated here.
    Having been a little too close to the subject of suicide recently, perhaps i am a little more sensitized than the poster. However, there should be no place for suicide as a meme or as a poor substitute for humour on this site. And BTW in the full context of what is going on in the US - you have my love and sympathy. 328 million and those two are the best you can field?
    Love is all you need

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 42 For This Post:

Alecs (26th October 2020), Bluegreen (28th October 2020), ClearWater (26th October 2020), Ewan (27th October 2020), Franny (26th October 2020), Gracy (26th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (26th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th October 2020), T Smith (26th October 2020), TargeT (26th October 2020), wondering (27th October 2020)

15. Link to Post #208
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Having been a little too close to the subject of suicide recently, perhaps i am a little more sensitized than the poster. However, there should be no place for suicide as a meme or as a poor substitute for humour on this site. And BTW in the full context of what is going on in the US - you have my love and sympathy. 328 million and those two are the best you can field?

I don't believe in any form of censorship an since J Epstein just "suicided" very publicly I think most people understand this meant "KILL HIM" (or get rid of him, what ever... just Like J Epstein) to underline the fact that he is clearly a place holder.

I think the context of the current situation DEMANDS we pay attention to this and NOT let the "suicide" of Epstein go away.... things like this need to be brought up so we can see what terrifying events can (and JUST DID) happen.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

ClearWater (26th October 2020), Ewan (27th October 2020), Franny (26th October 2020), Jayke (26th October 2020), justntime2learn (26th October 2020), sunflower (26th October 2020), wondering (27th October 2020)

17. Link to Post #209
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

I don't believe in any form of censorship an since J Epstein just "suicided" very publicly I think most people understand this meant "KILL HIM" (or get rid of him, what ever... just Like J Epstein) to underline the fact that he is clearly a place holder.

I think the context of the current situation DEMANDS we pay attention to this and NOT let the "suicide" of Epstein go away.... things like this need to be brought up so we can see what terrifying events can (and JUST DID) happen.

i agree in principle - however, suicide as humour is simply inexcusable and in poor taste. A very sensitive subject. Not to be censored for sure... but not to be the subject of "humour" either. Not an enlightened post IMHO
    Last edited by 42; 26th October 2020 at 20:08.
    Love is all you need

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 42 For This Post:

Franny (26th October 2020), justntime2learn (26th October 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th October 2020), T Smith (26th October 2020), TargeT (26th October 2020), wondering (27th October 2020)

19. Link to Post #210
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Having been a little too close to the subject of suicide recently, perhaps i am a little more sensitized than the poster. However, there should be no place for suicide as a meme or as a poor substitute for humour on this site.
    I'm sorry 42, that suicide has recently been a part of your life, my true condolences. Now having said that, we really can't just start tip toeing around subjects that will of course always be sensitive to a certain percentage of people. Pretty soon comedians would have nothing left for to joke about for instance.

And BTW in the full context of what is going on in the US - you have my love and sympathy. 328 million and those two are the best you can field?
    On that we agree in full, this is the best we can do?

Now to frame that in context with our former subject here. What if I were extremely distraught at the fact that our system in place enforces the reasons that this is so?

I'm not going to ask that say, political satirists, to cease making fun of stuff like that because it's to up close and personal. We can't live that way, not and have any semblance of free speech.

20. Link to Post #211
    Thanks

i agree in principle - however, suicide as humour is simply inexcusable and in poor taste. A very sensitive subject. Not to be censored for sure... but not to be the subject of "humour" either. Not an enlightened post IMHO
    Depends on the method of attempted suicide. People who cut their wrists in the shower don’t really want to die, they’re actually just psychologically yearning for a rebirth experience. Same with most suicides actually, they don’t really want to die, they just want to stop living the life they currently have now. Read some Stanislav Grof if you want to spiritualise Death and Dying, and then post about it on a thread where it’s on topic like in the spirituality section. Humour is cathartic, you’ll find that once you learn to laugh about suicide, it’ll lose any and all power to sway your emotions around it.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

42 (26th October 2020), Franny (26th October 2020), Gracy (26th October 2020), wondering (27th October 2020)

22. Link to Post #212
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,320 times in 2,100 posts

i agree in principle - however, suicide as humour is simply inexcusable and in poor taste. A very sensitive subject. Not to be censored for sure... But not to be the subject of "humour" either. Not an enlightened post imho
    I am truly sorry to hear that a person close to you committed suicide. I understand as I have a few friends and a family member that did as well as one that was murdered and it's devastating.

May I rewind this a bit. Humor has been used to address things indirectly that are difficult to discuss openly, not because they are actually funny, but because it works to get a message across to the audience. Consider the use of court jesters in the past, they could safely, if they were good, convey a message or alert the monarch to trouble at a time when shooting the messenger was popular.

Or the dark humor of first responders to a difficult or gruesome task before them to help them cope. Others may find it callous or indifferent but for most it's a coping mechanism.

Humor is a multifaceted part of life that we still don't understand very well.

There are many types of humor but all are based on something just a little out of place, that should not quite be there or should not have happened, or just plain wrong - my not very good description.

Another way to put it is:

Quote "One theory of the psychology of humor that’s been gaining a lot of traction is called benign violation theory, developed by Peter McGraw. The gist of this theory is that we find something funny when two conditions are met: it violates the way we think the world should work, and it does so in a way that’s not threatening.

First, the violation part. The crux of this is that we all have a basic sense of how the world should work, which includes the norms for appropriate behavior and general beliefs about what is “correct.” When our basic sense of the world is violated, it might make us laugh. If someone does something wrong or says something they’re not “supposed to” say, it’s grounds for giggles.

http://socialpsychonline.com/2016/04...-funny-comedy/
    The joke, however, is not really about suicide but about being suicided, or in the decades old parlance, Arkancided. Referring to the larger than unusual number of people close to the Clintons that die. And no, murder is not funny either. This political joke conveys a message that Hillary Clinton and Kamala Harris are dangerous choices for a leadership position let alone anything else. I don't see it as making light of suicide or murder.

In the time after my friend had been murdered or others had committed suicide I may have been very sensitive to it as well. But time has closed the open wounds to a few scars. Perhaps because of that, this one, to me at this time, does not convey hilarity and open cheery laughter. More a reaction of, humph, yes, terrible choice for political office.
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

42 (26th October 2020), Bluegreen (28th October 2020), Gracy (26th October 2020), Jayke (26th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (26th October 2020), T Smith (26th October 2020), TargeT (26th October 2020), wondering (27th October 2020)

24. Link to Post #213
    Thanks

Franny - i'm British - we invented humour... all i'm saying is suicide is not funny. i'm also saying that Bill or the moderator team may have a perspective. I've been a member since Camelot and i'm generally quiet and respectful. This subject is pissing me off however...
    Love is all you need

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 42 For This Post:

Franny (27th October 2020), wondering (27th October 2020)

26. Link to Post #214
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    we really can't just start tip toeing around subjects that will of course always be sensitive to a certain percentage of people. Pretty soon comedians would have nothing left for to joke about for instance.
    Slam dunk. This has been a growing issue in the US lately which is annoying since I'm a big fan of stand up comedy.

That being said I do think it's uncouth to joke about certain things unless you're a comedian on a stage. Online and in person I generally avoid jokes on rape and suicide.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

42 (26th October 2020), Franny (27th October 2020), Gracy (26th October 2020), TargeT (27th October 2020), wondering (27th October 2020)

28. Link to Post #215
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    we really can't just start tip toeing around subjects that will of course always be sensitive to a certain percentage of people. Pretty soon comedians would have nothing left for to joke about for instance.
    Slam dunk. This has been a growing issue in the US lately which is annoying since I'm a big fan of stand up comedy.

That being said I do think it's uncouth to joke about certain things unless you're a comedian on a stage. Online and in person I generally avoid jokes on rape and suicide.
    Agreed. Totally agreed. Currently, stand up comedians are not short of material, primarily fed by US politics. Again...all I am saying is have a little respect about subject matter. Suicide is not funny.

Edit - and if you think that being a comedian on stage gives you permission to joke about "certain things" perhaps like suicide - then i won't be attending the same comedy clubs as you.
    Last edited by 42; 27th October 2020 at 02:34.
    Love is all you need

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 42 For This Post:

Franny (27th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th October 2020)

30. Link to Post #216
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)

Humour is cathartic, you’ll find that once you learn to laugh about suicide, it’ll lose any and all power to sway your emotions around it.
    "once you learn to laugh about suicide" is the day i'll be looking for a more intelligent forum.
    Love is all you need

31. The Following User Says Thank You to 42 For This Post:

Sarah Rainsong (27th October 2020)

32. Link to Post #217
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    Humour is cathartic, you’ll find that once you learn to laugh about suicide, it’ll lose any and all power to sway your emotions around it.
    "once you learn to laugh about suicide" is the day i'll be looking for a more intelligent forum.
    Good luck with that 42. Like I said, start with some Stanislav Grof and then end with some George Carlin. You’ll feel better before you know it. Or try starting a thread in the spirituality section where you can share your story. You’ll be surprised at how many people have been there before you and learnt to look back on it with humour. Everyone suffers! Everyone! You’re not the only one that’s been through a bleak dark night of the soul. I’m willing to bet almost everyone on this forum has seriously contemplated or attempted suicide at some point in their life. If others can learn to laugh at their foibles, I trust you’ll get to that stage at some point as well.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Ewan (27th October 2020), Franny (28th October 2020), Gracy (27th October 2020)

34. Link to Post #218
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,749 times in 4,341 posts

Agreed that there's nothing funny about suicide at all, but the 'joke' here isn't about someone taking one's life. It's an observation, that takes a dab at the incongruous nature of the many, many deaths that are passed off as suicide.

Investigate the Clinton Foundation. Investigate 'Arkanicide' - as in Epstein was Arkanicided.

The joke image was not a joke per se. This is meme warfare, designed to shed a light on (and increase awareness of) this dark reality in the political world.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hillary_suicide_X3PzRhD4_GGYb1YMEkOOq_3tco5MfQCUaWAKBsRIm_c.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	44886
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th October 2020), Chester (27th October 2020), ClearWater (27th October 2020), Ewan (27th October 2020), Franny (28th October 2020), Jayke (27th October 2020), justntime2learn (28th October 2020), pueblo (27th October 2020), T Smith (27th October 2020), TargeT (27th October 2020)

36. Link to Post #219
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    Agreed that there's nothing funny about suicide at all, but the 'joke' here isn't about someone taking one's life. It's an observation, that takes a dab at the incongruous nature of the many, many deaths that are passed off as suicide.

Investigate the Clinton Foundation. Investigate 'Arkanicide' - as in Epstein was Arkanicided.

The joke image was not a joke per se. This is meme warfare, designed to shed a light on (and increase awareness of) this dark reality in the political world.

Attachment 44886
    Yes - but since I am from Texas and very familiar with Arkancide... it is as I typed. without an 'i' between the n and the c.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

justntime2learn (28th October 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th October 2020), TargeT (27th October 2020)

38. Link to Post #220
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Attachment 44880

Hi 42, having experienced the suicide of my father, the attempted suicide (five times) of my first wife (where upon the fifth time the Dr. told me she was dead, and that what came back was her and 'something' else), having almost "done it" (or that's what would have been determined) in 2012 when a voice in my head told me I had to kill myself to save the world, having called a business associate once where his wife picked up the phone screaming as she had just found him dead (hung himself in the closet)... I am still able to read the "meme" that offended you without being offended in any way.

But also, I am probably far more familiar with the reputations of the Clintons and the reason for the creation of the term, "Arkancided."

Yet also, I do recall when I joined the forum that there seemed to be a "rule" regarding the discussion of suicide (if it should even be discussed). Over the course of my eight years here, I found most discussions where suicide came up, to be thoughtful to its sensitivity.

Unfortunately, this is also a conspiracy forum and the idea of murder being feigned as suicide is simply inseparable from much of these explorations/theories.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

39. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2020), Bluegreen (28th October 2020), ClearWater (27th October 2020), Franny (28th October 2020), Gemma13 (28th October 2020), Jayke (28th October 2020), justntime2learn (28th October 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th October 2020), PurpleLama (28th October 2020), rgray222 (27th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (28th October 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 11 12 LastLast