+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It has to get ugly before it gets good

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member azproductions's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default It has to get ugly before it gets good

I can’t help but feel this uneasiness, like something big and bad is coming. That there will be another lockdown, major food shortages, no power... for a (possibly extended?) period of time... and I have a feeling the whole system will collapse - including money. And then a new society will be rebirthed.. but we may be back to living in the 1700s again for a little while. Not everyone will make it, but those prepared will be okay. What do you think of this thought? I’m discussing it with a friend, and we both agree that this demonic society will come to an end and we will have to start over again. But I’m open to hear everyone’s thoughts and opinions! What do you think is in store for all of us for 2020/2021?

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to azproductions For This Post:

Baby Steps (23rd August 2020), Bill Ryan (23rd August 2020), Brigantia (25th August 2020), Constance (24th August 2020), DeDukshyn (23rd August 2020), EFO (24th August 2020), Eva2 (23rd August 2020), Franny (23rd August 2020), Harmony (24th August 2020), jjjones (23rd August 2020), Kryztian (24th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (24th August 2020), O Donna (23rd August 2020), Rosco1 (26th August 2020), Sadieblue (25th August 2020), selinam (23rd August 2020), Soda (23rd August 2020), thepainterdoug (23rd August 2020), toppy (24th August 2020), Tyy1907 (24th August 2020), Unicorn (24th August 2020), Wind (24th August 2020), ZenBaller (23rd August 2020), Zionbrion (24th August 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,565 times in 32,726 posts

Default Re: It has to get ugly before it gets good

See also this thread, which is very similar: (but not exactly the same)

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (23rd August 2020), DeDukshyn (23rd August 2020), EFO (24th August 2020), Franny (23rd August 2020), Harmony (24th August 2020), Kryztian (24th August 2020), O Donna (23rd August 2020), Sadieblue (25th August 2020), thepainterdoug (23rd August 2020), toppy (24th August 2020), Wind (24th August 2020), wondering (23rd August 2020), Yoda (23rd August 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Being spiritually prepared is going to be just as if not more, important than merely being a "survivalist prepper". What will be the most useful to us in such a scenario is working together with people who share our values and goals for the better place that we want to create. Imagining ourselves as individualized islands will no longer serve us.

Our love and passion to ensure a better tomorrow will have to be put into action collectively with like minded people who are willing to work for the same. Have you ever perhaps worked with someone where the way the two of you came to work was more efficient than the sum of each? Long ago I remember doing moving work with a buddy of mine and we had this connection that allowed us to know exactly how each other was going to say, grab a piece of furniture, there was no talking about it, and because of this we were the best and most efficient movers on the team. Or imagine how athletes have to work together seamlessly, almost psychically, for the best and most efficient plays.

This precision and efficiency of this instinct in those examples, can be extended to larger and larger groups to accomplish tasks that will create our vision of the future. However to accomplish this, you must love your neighbour, (in a sense), and relax into not judging others, only when all that is set aside, can this collective instinct be brought out.

We must trust ourselves and our instincts, and when we do that, we will have the capacity to trust others in the way that is required for us to work together to ensure that not only as many as possible will pull through such a scenario you describe, but to be able to build a new and proper paradigm based on Truth and Love, over the ashes of the old world. This is somewhat what I mean by being spiritually prepared - to trust your inner guidance and trust that a collective instinct can guide us all together - it is then the most practical application, and somewhat a departure from the "feel good" aspect of spirituality most have come to know.

I do believe the scenario you describe is a likely one, but we can't be passive observers and hope that a new world will be built by "others" for us, nor can we build it in isolation from our other fellow humans - we need to start working through our collective of people who want the same and are willing to build it. We all know what our current rulers would build if left to them ... lets ensure that route doesn't happen.

We don't need rulers - all they know how to do is divide and conquer to keep their rule. We need to work together on our common vision of the future, in the midst of the things that might be coming that will only serve as distraction from this goal - and while everyone may not have the exact same vision, most of us in our hearts know that there is a lot of common ground that we can all agree on that can serve as the foundation.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 23rd August 2020 at 20:19.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Alekahn2 (25th August 2020), Baby Steps (23rd August 2020), Bill Ryan (23rd August 2020), Brigantia (25th August 2020), Constance (24th August 2020), Delight (23rd August 2020), EFO (24th August 2020), Franny (23rd August 2020), greybeard (23rd August 2020), Harmony (24th August 2020), Kryztian (24th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (24th August 2020), O Donna (23rd August 2020), Patient (27th August 2020), Sadieblue (25th August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th August 2020), Soda (23rd August 2020), Sue (Ayt) (24th August 2020), thepainterdoug (23rd August 2020), toppy (24th August 2020), Unicorn (24th August 2020), Wind (24th August 2020), wondering (23rd August 2020), Zionbrion (24th August 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,067 times in 3,146 posts

lets see the dreadful election season end along with this shockingly deplorable 2020 . and then add another 6 months to absorb the fallout.

hopefully even the big players want a better world for their children.

the children are our future. without them in the equation , launch away.

8. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Alekahn2 (25th August 2020), Baby Steps (23rd August 2020), Bill Ryan (23rd August 2020), Brigantia (25th August 2020), DeDukshyn (24th August 2020), Franny (24th August 2020), greybeard (23rd August 2020), Harmony (24th August 2020), Kryztian (24th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (24th August 2020), O Donna (23rd August 2020), rgray222 (24th August 2020), Sadieblue (25th August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th August 2020), Soda (23rd August 2020), T Smith (27th August 2020), toppy (24th August 2020), wondering (23rd August 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

Being spiritually prepared is going to be just as if not more, important than merely being a "survivalist prepper". What will be the most useful to us in such a scenario is working together with people who share our values and goals for the better place that we want to create. Imagining ourselves as individualized islands will no longer serve us.

Our love and passion to ensure a better tomorrow will have to be put into action collectively with like minded people who are willing to work for the same. Have you ever perhaps worked with someone where the way the two of you came to work was more efficient than the sum of each? Long ago I remember doing moving work with a buddy of mine and we had this connection that allowed us to know exactly how each other was going to say, grab a piece of furniture, there was no talking about it, and because of this we were the best and most efficient movers on the team. Or imagine how athletes have to work together seamlessly, almost psychically, for the best and most efficient plays.

This precision and efficiency of this instinct in those examples, can be extended to larger and larger groups to accomplish tasks that will create our vision of the future. However to accomplish this, you must love your neighbour, (in a sense), and relax into not judging others, only when all that is set aside, can this collective instinct be brought out.

We must trust ourselves and our instincts, and when we do that, we will have the capacity to trust others in the way that is required for us to work together to ensure that not only as many as possible will pull through such a scenario you describe, but to be able to build a new and proper paradigm based on Truth and Love, over the ashes of the old world. This is somewhat what I mean by being spiritually prepared - to trust your inner guidance and trust that a collective instinct can guide us all together - it is then the most practical application, and somewhat a departure from the "feel good" aspect of spirituality most have come to know.

I do believe the scenario you describe is a likely one, but we can't be passive observers and hope that a new world will be built by "others" for us, nor can we build it in isolation from our other fellow humans - we need to start working through our collective of people who want the same and are willing to build it. We all know what our current rulers would build if left to them ... lets ensure that route doesn't happen.

We don't need rulers - all they know how to do is divide and conquer to keep their rule. We need to work together on our common vision of the future, in the midst of the things that might be coming that will only serve as distraction from this goal - and while everyone may not have the exact same vision, most of us in our hearts know that there is a lot of common ground that we can all agree on that can serve as the foundation.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you Mike. Let's get started

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2020), Brigantia (25th August 2020), DeDukshyn (24th August 2020), EFO (24th August 2020), Franny (24th August 2020), Harmony (24th August 2020), Kryztian (24th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (24th August 2020), O Donna (24th August 2020), Sadieblue (25th August 2020), Sue (Ayt) (24th August 2020), T Smith (27th August 2020), toppy (24th August 2020), Wind (24th August 2020), wondering (26th August 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,639 times in 8,116 posts

..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Alekahn2 (25th August 2020), Bill Ryan (24th August 2020), Brigantia (25th August 2020), Constance (25th August 2020), DeDukshyn (24th August 2020), Franny (25th August 2020), Harmony (26th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th August 2020), Sadieblue (25th August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th August 2020), Satori (25th August 2020), selinam (26th August 2020), Sue (Ayt) (24th August 2020), Tyy1907 (27th August 2020), wondering (26th August 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ralfy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th August 2020), wondering (26th August 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

I think history see's bad, most "people" (during those "dark times") see EXACTLY what we are seeing now.

Perhaps the pendulum has swung as far this direction as possible, I'm starting to see what looks to be more good than bad, not the other way around the riots are slowing and being countered....

I'm hoping for a nice slow fizzle out, it seems there's nothing left for them todo; the attempts at riot and take over are fairly ineffectual.

Quote Posted by ralfy (here)
    Also, limits to growth:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...aring-collapse
    Paradigm shifts exclude and nullify old data sets.

I don't agree with most of that article.
    Last edited by TargeT; 26th August 2020 at 18:54.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th August 2020), bojancan (27th August 2020), DeDukshyn (29th August 2020), norman (26th August 2020), wondering (26th August 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

That's only realized later, and if the paradigm shifts take place.

Also, paradigm shifts work both ways.

Finally, what led to those data sets were paradigm shifts.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ralfy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th August 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

That's only realized later, and if the paradigm shifts take place.

Also, paradigm shifts work both ways.

Finally, what led to those data sets were paradigm shifts.
    Look at Tesla, what will easy access to superior batteries do to global society? (500 wh/kg or higher with "million mile" recharge potential???? I believe this will be announced SEP 22nd and subsequently change the world).

Many things are happening, we just don't have the luxury of a comprehensive data set to look at (ala history) and see it.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th August 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Also, limits to growth:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...aring-collapse
    I had to read that book in college. It was the easiest maths class I could find, but the "professor" made us read it with a thin rationale that it was related to maths. Life seems to be a series of people telling us to be alarmed.

22. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Look at Tesla, what will easy access to superior batteries do to global society? (500 wh/kg or higher with "million mile" recharge potential???? I believe this will be announced SEP 22nd and subsequently change the world).

Many things are happening, we just don't have the luxury of a comprehensive data set to look at (ala history) and see it.
    That's nameplate power. What is the actual net energy of these batteries? That is, how much energy is needed to mine the materials needed to make them, manufacture them, and ship them?

Remember Hubbert's report on peak oil? Most didn't read it, but he said seventy years ago that nuclear energy will save us. What do we discover today? At best, we can 1 TW from all uranium resources, and up to 4 TW if we figuratively scrape the bottom of the barrel and go for uranium extraction from seawater.

How much energy do we need? Currently, we use 20 TW of energy for a population with almost 8 billion people. How many of those people are in the middle class? Around 30 pct. WB reports that 71 pct of people worldwide earn less than $10 daily, with the majority earning around $3. Never mind money, as we can create that easily: the notional value of credit worldwide is over $1.2 quadrillion. How much energy do we need to lift most out of poverty? 50 TW, or more than double current consumption.

Population is set to increase even more, to up to 10 billion. How much is needed to meet their basic needs at least? Around 75 TW. So that everyone may earn enough to avail of magical technology like advanced batteries? 90 TW. To reverse diminishing returns and ecological damage? 120 TW, or six times the current consumption.

At best, one report states that with all renewable energy sources in place we will be able to ensure at best 50 TW. And that's nameplate power: in real-world conditions energy return drops considerably. For example, nameplate power for solar energy is 30 in laboratory conditions, and in ideal ones 6. Actual return goes down to 2 due to lack of solar irradiance, dust, pests chewing up cables, etc.

What about ecological footprint? Even with the current population, we've exceeded biocapacity just for basic needs:

https://theconversation.com/if-every...-trouble-43905

That explains ecological damage on a global scale. In order to reverse that plus meet basic needs, we will need an additional earth.

Finally, how long does a transition take, especially in a global economy driven by competition and maximization of profit? Several decades?

https://www.businessinsider.com/131-...ce-oil-2010-11

See the problem? Consumers will flock to magical technologies because oil prices are too high, but who will buy them if high oil prices lead to lower disposable income? And when oil prices go down due to economic crisis which also leads to lower income, who will buy them as well? That's important because investors who put their money in oil or in magical tech want the best returns, and that means either high production at low costs or high prices.

In the end, more will have to question feel-good press releases about "game changers" and study the matter in light of real-world conditions.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    I had to read that book in college. It was the easiest maths class I could find, but the "professor" made us read it with a thin rationale that it was related to maths. Life seems to be a series of people telling us to be alarmed.
    Actually, the opposite: you don't earn more by frightening people. Instead, you show dancing girls.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ralfy For This Post:

Sarah Rainsong (28th August 2020)

24. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

This is what is in store for us

I had a truly wonderful dream
    Everyone on Earth fully awakened

I saw the whole world was made rid of evil
    Non-violent non-cooperation was the tool of execution

Coordinated mass arrests by citizens liberated every nation
    Each soul's destiny was part of the creation

The empires of tyrants were knocked from their foundations
    The stench of their corruption and fraud at last eliminated

All the psychopathic dictators and despots were decisively destroyed
    Their generations of lies and deception irrefutably exposed

All their barbaric banks of slavery were dissolved
    Their controlling money and debt deleted from the records

All their parliamentary houses were reduced to piles rubble
    The putrid satanic swamps were permanently drained dry

All their institutions and systems were thoroughly disinfected
    The plague and pestilence of academia exterminated

All their complex corporations and cartels crumbled to dust
    The cesspools of exploitation evaporated in the Light

Their giant malls and shopping centres abandoned all multinationals
    The temples of materialism became markets full of local merchants

All their harmful chemicals and pharmaceuticals were unequivocally banned
    The grotesque scourge and cruel curse lifted from the common man

All branches of the military were deliberately disarmed
    Their personnel took up serving their beloved and kin

I witnessed the trials and sweet justice served
    All the crimes against humanity terminated

Their religions and cults turned to ash
    Pride and prejudice burnt by Truth

Their censorship and surveillance networks unplugged
    The mass reset button was firmly pressed towards freedom

Their books of rule and law were abolished and reduced to shreds
    The weight of paper was no longer entrenched in our minds

Their mandatory vaccinations and compulsory medications met a terminal end
    These causes of death and dis-ease forever buried by admission and confession

Each and every man, women and child had drawn their sword
    They struck through the root of their collective misery

Every fist finally relaxed with the ultimate victory in hand
    Universal independence and sovereignty again reigned supreme

I observed the total restoration of family and community
    All hearts of members overflowed with Peace and Joy

Earth's children had accomplished the most astounding feat
    Music, song and dance returned to the world's streets

All celebrated teachers and dreamers rose to their feet in heaven
    An ovation to the practice of what they had preached and given

All Life thrived and we shared in equal prosperity
    The Divine's creatures again revered and his lands restored

We were all free to just Be, and together create
    A new world bespoke to the nature of things

We communicated from our open hearts and spoke our minds
    All eternally free to mingle and hang our shingle

Seeing this great shift beyond the dark, I searched deep for its original spark
    And found it burning within me, the one who dared share this dream

Further, I saw it was not just a dream, but a prophetic vision
    A profound premonition of humanity's greatest maturation

Yet the highest act of courage saw the vision's completion
    It was you, sharing your dream with equal connection and precision
    Love and Light to All
    Brian Gerard Schaefer

Source: The whole spectrom

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th August 2020), DeDukshyn (29th August 2020)

+ Reply to Thread