+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There are no real forests on Earth any more...

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Default There are no real forests on Earth any more...

Hi Friends,

Last night a friend of mine sent me a link to this video. If you have seen it, or if there is a similar thread, please move or remove this one.

Point made in this video is that there are no canyons, mountains, hills, deserts, forests, volcanoes, etc.
    Not that there aren't any, we all know there are, but more like that what we think we know about them, and how they were made is completely wrong.

Video is mostly focused on huge ancient trees.

If you have time, please watch this, I would like to hear your opinions.

Video is a bit long (80 minutes), and in the beginning is a bit boring, but it becomes interesting later on, kind of mind boggling. Also, this guy is not a native English speaker, so his English is a bit funny.

Anyway, if you have time to spare, please watch this, it is interesting, at least for me.

Kind regards dear Avalonians...

PS: This guy seems to be a flat-earther, but please skip past that, it is ridiculous I know, besides that this video is really good.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 24th August 2020 at 11:15. Reason: embedded the video

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2020), Ioneo (24th August 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (24th August 2020), O Donna (24th August 2020), Sadieblue (25th August 2020), The Moss Trooper (24th August 2020), wondering (24th August 2020), Zionbrion (24th August 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: There are no real forests on Earth any more...

Quote Posted by XelNaga (here)
    Hi Friends,

Last night a friend of mine sent me a link to this video. If you have seen it, or if there is a similar thread, please move or remove this one.

Point made in this video is that there are no canyons, mountains, hills, deserts, forests, volcanoes, etc.
    Not that there aren't any, we all know there are, but more like that what we think we know about them, and how they were made is completely wrong.

Video is mostly focused on huge ancient trees.

If you have time, please watch this, I would like to hear your opinions.

Video is a bit long (80 minutes), and in the beginning is a bit boring, but it becomes interesting later on, kind of mind boggling. Also, this guy is not a native English speaker, so his English is a bit funny.

Anyway, if you have time to spare, please watch this, it is interesting, at least for me.

Kind regards dear Avalonians...

PS: This guy seems to be a flat-earther, but please skip past that, it is ridiculous I know, besides that this video is really good.
    ~~~

Go to 39:19, and you'll see his thesis: that certain large rock formations — even mountains — were really once super-giant trees. (I'll make no more comment!)

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (24th August 2020), Kryztian (24th August 2020), kudzy (25th August 2020), Ratszinger (25th August 2020), Sadieblue (25th August 2020), Tintin (24th August 2020), wondering (24th August 2020), Yoda (24th August 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Hi Bill,

Yes, it sounds really stupid, I know I'm not saying it is true, but some pictures presented are really interesting.
    Especially comparisons made between mountains and stumps.

Thank you for your input.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Kano (24th August 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (24th August 2020), Kryztian (24th August 2020), meeradas (24th August 2020), selinam (24th August 2020), wondering (24th August 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Zionbrion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 406 posts

Its quite synchronistic for me you posted this, I saw this tweet last night...

And then came across that video you shared. I tried watching it but fell asleep. I probably won’t believe it, but I always find ideas like that fascinating to entertain.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Ioneo (24th August 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (24th August 2020), wondering (24th August 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 times in 612 posts

Interesting. But as a Geoscientist I see all sorts of issues with his thesis.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (24th August 2020), Kryztian (24th August 2020), selinam (25th August 2020), wondering (24th August 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,838 times in 650 posts

Sorry to hijack this thread for a minute, but it is (sort-of) related.

This is the book that I have bought the most copies of, and gifted, more than any other....... Easily in double figures now. For anyone with an interest in the indigenous tribes of the Queen Charlotte Islands of BC, an interest in the massive forests of old-world trees and an interest in psychology (as well as madness/genius), and ecology, then this is the very book for you.

When a shattered kayak and camping gear are found on an uninhabited island in the Pacific Northwest, they reignite a mystery surrounding a shocking act of protest.

Five months earlier, logger-turned-activist Grant Hadwin had plunged naked into a river in British Columbia's Queen Charlotte Islands, towing a chainsaw. When his night's work was done, a unique Sitka spruce, 165 feet tall and covered with luminous golden needles, teetered on its stump. Two days later it fell.

As vividly as John Krakauer puts readers on Everest, John Vaillant takes us into the heart of North America's last great forest.

Name:  Golden Spruce.png
Views: 34
Size:  303.3 KB

Any chance I get to share how amazing this book is, I take. Seriously, everybody needs to read this true story. It's got it all, the descriptions (and pictures) of some of these old, large growth trees alone is worth the cover price. At the heart of the story lies a very human tale of compassion and violence, seemingly at odds with each other but combining to create an un-stoppable read.

Regards.

(Sorry for interruption, normal service can resume)
    Last edited by The Moss Trooper; 24th August 2020 at 14:59.
    May your Spirit stay unbroken, may you not be deterred.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

Alekahn2 (25th August 2020), Bill Ryan (24th August 2020), Forest Denizen (24th August 2020), leavesoftrees (25th August 2020), meeradas (24th August 2020), palehorse (25th August 2020), Sadieblue (25th August 2020), Tintin (25th August 2020), Wansen (26th August 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Geophyz (here)
    Interesting. But as a Geoscientist I see all sorts of issues with his thesis.
    Made me laugh! "All sorts of issues" is extremely kind and gentle. The video is Flat Earth lunacy.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (24th August 2020), Kryztian (24th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (24th August 2020), muxfolder (25th August 2020), palehorse (25th August 2020), Tintin (25th August 2020), Yoda (24th August 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

On par with the theory earth's topology was created by electrical interaction with other large bodies, most notably the Utah range and the grand canyon.

Old mountain ranges do seem to be stumps of their formal selves. The Canadian Shield comes to mind...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (24th August 2020), palehorse (25th August 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,838 times in 650 posts

I've been reading and watching Randall Carlson's research quite a lot over the last couple of years, especially the topics of glacial impact and mega-flood.

His channel is packed with really well researched and presented data:

https://www.youtube.com/c/RandallCarlson1440/videos

For those of you that watch Joe Rogan's podcast, Randall has appeared several times on his own, and with Graham Hancock and it's always been a fascinating conversation:

May your Spirit stay unbroken, may you not be deterred.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

Alekahn2 (25th August 2020), Bill Ryan (24th August 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (24th August 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

This also remember me flat earth dudes..
    well, he is comparing wood with rocks formation, which is very interesting because there is petrified forest in Ankara, Arizona, Greece and a few other places but it is a type of fossilized remains of vegetation and not really rocks or entire mountains. I can't really understand what the dude is speaking in the video, I turned my volume to the maximum and sometimes all I can hear is his murmurings.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th August 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    well, he is comparing wood with rocks formation, which is very interesting because there is petrified forest in Ankara, Arizona, Greece and a few other places but it is a type of fossilized remains of vegetation and not really rocks or entire mountains. I can't really understand what the dude is speaking in the video, I turned my volume to the maximum and sometimes all I can hear is his murmurings.
    Yes. What he doesn't seem to address is how large the chainsaws must have been (and the mile-high giants wielding them!) that cut down the 10 mile high "trees".

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

kudzy (25th August 2020), palehorse (25th August 2020), Yoda (25th August 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    Yes. What he doesn't seem to address is how large the chainsaws must have been (and the mile-high giants wielding them!) that cut down the 10 mile high "trees".
    that's insane, there is no clue or evidence of such a thing anywhere in the world, it is a lie, BS. I would believe only if I see one with my own eyes, whatever giant trees, giant chainsaws or giant beings. Not on earth for sure.
    Last edited by palehorse; 25th August 2020 at 10:18.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th August 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,279 times in 1,399 posts

Chainsaws? I thought he had a big ax and blue ox?
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

palehorse (25th August 2020)

+ Reply to Thread