+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fair mainstream reporting starting?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,528 times in 20,692 posts

Default Fair mainstream reporting starting?

I was impressed by a few reports from fairly mainstream sources, Ron Paul's Liberty Report (which is usually quite good, but exceptionally good today) and The Hill, which surprised me today with how fair a stance they took.
    Hoping for the more of the same upcoming.

More Experts Concede: Covid Lockdowns Were A Disaster
    8/25/20
    RonPaulLibertyReport
    242K subscribers

"From mainstream publications like the Wall Street Journal to top government health advisors in the UK, a consensus is building that the sledgehammer of Covid lockdowns has been an unmitigated disaster. It's good news that more mainstream sources are coming our way, but the dark forces of authoritarianism are not about to release their grasp so easily. Also today - Plasma treatment is getting the HCQ treatment in the MSM and New York sees introduction of mandatory detention and vaccine bill.

Krystal and Saagar: Working Class Near Economic Destruction, Both Parties & Media Ignore Them
    86,737 views•Aug 24, 2020
    The Hill
    742K subscribers

"Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti react to reporting that 29 millions Americans do not have enough to eat, 15 million renters are behind on rent payments, and that President Trump's unemployment benefits will only last 3 weeks."

Krystal Ball: Rahm Emanuel REVEALS Dems Class War Against Its Own Voters
    138,379 views•Aug 24, 2020
    The Hill
    743K subscribers
    "Krystal Ball shares her take on last week's DNC Convention and whether Democrats have a chance of winning in November."
    Last edited by onawah; 25th August 2020 at 16:45.
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

anandacate (26th August 2020), AndrejPeĉënkin (26th August 2020), Bill Ryan (25th August 2020), Constance (25th August 2020), Delight (25th August 2020), fifi (30th August 2020), Franny (25th August 2020), Gracy (25th August 2020), greybeard (25th August 2020), kfm27917 (25th August 2020), Kryztian (25th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th September 2020), Mike (25th August 2020), rgray222 (25th August 2020), selinam (26th August 2020), Wind (25th August 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Default Re: Fair mainstream reporting starting?

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I was impressed by a few reports from fairly mainstream sources, Ron Paul's Liberty Report (which is usually quite good, but exceptionally good today) and The Hill, which surprised me today with how fair a stance they took.
    Well now Natalie I've never thought of either one of those shows as even in the same ballpark as mainstream sources, but both have been daily regulars of mine for some time now.

Here's another one I like a lot, Kyle Kulinski. He comes at it from a true "Lefty" position (as opposed to the corporate democrats he so despises), but he's very good at calling balls and strikes regardless of party affiliation:

4. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Definitely not mainstream compared to CNN, NBC, etc. but not nearly as radically alternative as some of the sources that are regularly posted here on Avalon.
    Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Well now Natalie I've never thought of either one of those shows as even in the same ballpark as mainstream sources, but both have been daily regulars of mine for some time now.
    Each breath a gift...

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

anandacate (26th August 2020), Bill Ryan (25th August 2020), Franny (25th August 2020), Gracy (25th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th September 2020), Mike (25th August 2020), Reinhard (2nd December 2020)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

While I have no views on the material provided in the opening post (which I haven't looked at), in principle this is definitely an area to be watching closely, for two reasons. First, it indicates a slight trend towards a shift in the balance of power, leading to a conservative audience being exposed to new ideas presumably by people with views more acceptable to the alternative scene; but also, kneejerk reactions from those who have come to mistrust the mainstream media on just about everything including tomorrow’s weather may lead them to discount or even oppose material that in their own interests they should be backing. Not everything one reads in the papers is false is a whole new mindset that needs some priming.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (9th September 2020), onawah (25th August 2020), Patient (27th August 2020), silvanelf (2nd December 2020), wegge (25th August 2020)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,869 times in 463 posts

At our German „Bild“ newspaper I definitely see different energies that pull in opposing directions. Also, due to the massive protests, which reporters covers, I think inroads can be dug into their self-styled hypnosis. Yes, I think most of them are absolutely convinced that they are doing the right thing and only by being consistently confronted with undeniable facts and good energy can they slowly wake up from their dream.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

anandacate (26th August 2020), Arcturian108 (26th August 2020), greybeard (25th August 2020), onawah (25th August 2020), Reinhard (2nd December 2020), selinam (26th August 2020)

10. Link to Post #6
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,128 times in 21,069 posts

UK Lockdown was (still is) a ‘Monumental Mistake’ and Must not happen again – Boris Mainstream Scientist says ... click on me

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 25th August 2020 at 22:00.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

anandacate (26th August 2020), greybeard (26th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th September 2020), onawah (26th August 2020), Reinhard (2nd December 2020), selinam (26th August 2020), Tintin (26th August 2020)

12. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

(Tucker gets it!) Tucker: When do we get America back?
    1,261,552 views•Aug 24, 2020
    Fox News
    6M subscribers

"For Americans living under coronavirus restrictions, it's a question too rarely asked. In fact it's actively discouraged"

(Also in Constance's post here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1374277
    Each breath a gift...

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

anandacate (26th August 2020), Arcturian108 (26th August 2020), Constance (26th August 2020), Reinhard (2nd December 2020), Tintin (26th August 2020), wondering (27th August 2020)

14. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,270 times in 2,100 posts

Any mention of all the rioting?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Patient For This Post:

wondering (27th August 2020)

16. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,168 times in 1,357 posts

Just a view from the UK; I had a glance at the Daily Telegraph's stories yesterday (that's slanted towards the Right/Conservatives, though not so much as it used to be), and I found its articles to be anti-Trump. There was even an article written by William Hague, who was in Thatcher's government and was once Leader of the Conservative party, saying that Joe Biden must win! Strange times...

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

anandacate (26th August 2020), greybeard (26th August 2020), norman (26th August 2020), Tintin (26th August 2020), wondering (27th August 2020)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,149 times in 8,309 posts

Quote Posted by HikerChick (here)
    Just a view from the UK; I had a glance at the Daily Telegraph's stories yesterday (that's slanted towards the Right/Conservatives, though not so much as it used to be), and I found its articles to be anti-Trump. There was even an article written by William Hague, who was in Thatcher's government and was once Leader of the Conservative party, saying that Joe Biden must win! Strange times...
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

anandacate (26th August 2020), Brigantia (26th August 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (14th September 2020), Reinhard (2nd December 2020), Tintin (26th August 2020)

20. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,168 times in 1,357 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Quote Posted by HikerChick (here)

Yep - running scared!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

onawah (4th September 2020)

22. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Check out what was in USA today!
    USA Today Covers Open Source Truth
    SEPTEMBER 3, 2020 RALPH FUCETOLA
    http://www.opensourcetruth.com/usa-t...-source-truth/

"Kudos to USA Today reporter Michael Braga for a generally fair and informative article [1] in the national news paper posted on 3 September 2020.

Operation Quack Hack, the federal government’s initiative to clamp down on fake coronavirus medications and cures, has exposed a health underground in America brimming with distrust not only of mainstream medicine but the government itself.

It’s a Tea Party for COVID-times.

Its members are angry at government warning letters that many perceive as an infringement on their right to free speech, free trade and people’s control over their health care – and some are ready to fight back. …

De la Foret, who mentioned the benefits of an herb called astragalus in one of her articles, maintained that she was very careful to point out that the root was not a cure for COVID-19 – or anything else.

“I was trying to be open and honest,” De la Foret said. “But they were saying that I was – wink wink – implying that the product could be used to cure the virus.”

That interpretation, De la Foret said, prevents people from discussing remedies that might be useful.

“Heaven forbid that something in nature might be more effective than a drug,” agreed Hansen, the Arizona naturopathic doctor.

Ralph Fucetola, a retired lawyer and co-trustee of the Natural Solutions Foundation, also echoed that sentiment.

“This Deep State attack on good medicine is particularly outrageous because during a declared pandemic it is ethical, according to the (World Health Organization), to use even unapproved remedies that may offer help,” Fucetola said in an article posted in April on OpenSourceTruth.com, a website that pushes back against the mass media. “Once again, the Federal authorities are putting themselves squarely against common sense in order to maintain the fiction that the government is here to help.”

Fucetola told USA TODAY that there’s a distinction between treatment of a disease, which drug companies provide, and therapies that may benefit a patient, which alternative health companies offer.

“They’re trying to subject us to the treatment of disease standard,” Fucetola said. “People in the health freedom world, in the natural remedies world, are not trying to treat diseases, we’re trying to help people achieve a healthy status.”

Fucetola said he still hopes to reach an understanding with the FDA and FTC regarding what can be said about Nano Silver, a nutrient he says “supports” a healthy immune system.

The public is well-served by fair and unbiased coverage of the government’s over-reaction to its Declared Pandemic."
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/5660997002/
    Each breath a gift...

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Brigantia (4th September 2020), greybeard (4th September 2020), Icare (4th September 2020), Reinhard (2nd December 2020), Sarah Rainsong (10th September 2020)

24. Link to Post #13
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

I want every Briton to take a Covid test every morning, says Boris Johnson

The Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said that the Government would eventually like all Britons to take a coronavirus test every morning to unlock the nation.

Speaking at Prime Minister’s Questions, Mr Johnson said: “A world we want to move to as fast as possible is a world where everyone can take enabling tests at the beginning of the day, an antigen test to identify whether or not we have the virus or not.

“That’s the vision that the Health Secretary and others have been sketching out in the last few days. That’s where we intend to get to.”

Mr Johnson added that such a test would be “like a pregnancy test [that works] within 15 minutes or so”.

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

25. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Nigel Farage: "We can't close the whole country down to protect those that maybe at risk"

Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage: "We can't close the whole country down to protect those that maybe at risk. I fear that these restrictions are the beginning of another lockdown. That would be a disaster".

Discussing the government's latest policy of limiting social engagement to six people: "I think people are going to break it wholesale. The government have lost respect on this".

"We keep being made a series of promises that we'll have a world class test and trace scheme... and we find that it's a complete and utter flop"

"The only thing that's really saving the Conservative government at the moment is they're taking a tough line on Brexit... and a lot of their voters do like that".

26. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

UK Column News - 9th September 2020
    This is a good program and as near to mainstream reporting as it is going to get at the moment.
    Some radio stations interviewing newspaper journalists -- so slowly its reaching the general public most of whom think the government is doing a good job protecting them from the killer virus.
    The program is long but of interest to me at least.

27. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Professor Believes Coronavirus Pandemic Is All Over, Despite Rising 'R' Rate | This Morning

This is mainstream TV so this is encouraging.

Despite the rising ‘R’ rate reported over the weekend, Professor Carl Heneghan has a particularly optimistic take on the coronavirus pandemic, believing that it’s all over and we must get back to normal. The Professor of Evidence-Based Medicine says we are now seeing so few deaths that in a normal year we wouldn’t even realise there was a virus or disease in circulation - with flu and pneumonia now killing six times more people. He joins us to share his predictions that we’ll see our first day without a single death by early September, and insists that parents must send their kids back to school, without worry.

Is The Coronavirus Pandemic Over? | This Morning

Scotland have now gone five consecutive days without a single Covid-related death, and England recorded just two yesterday - so does this mean the pandemic is over? Today we’re joined by Professor Carl Heneghan, who says although we need to remain vigilant, the time has come to return to normality. He’ll be sharing his advice, and telling us why he doesn’t think a second wave is necessarily on the cards.
    Broadcast on 01/09/20

Last edited by greybeard; 9th September 2020 at 19:52. Reason: update from the professor

28. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

silverfish (11th September 2020)

29. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Denise Welch Accuses the Government of 'Scaremongering' over the Covid Pandemic | This Morning

This is mainstream TV

As fears for the future of the UK economy grow, the country’s cities and towns remain quiet as people are only slowly being urged back into the office. However, Denise Welch claims that this is only the result of national ‘scaremongering’ and that we should be looking at the Covid data which is incredibly positive at the moment. She joins us to explain why she’s encouraging others to start examining the numbers and why we shouldn’t be frightened of returning to work, alongside Dr Sara who will give us her view.

"This is an outstanding piece of Mainstream Television where the presenter states that the media is not allowed to question the official narrative, brave man.

The Doctor on the program is actually supportive of Denise Welsh who has mental health issues and has written a book on this.
    She is an absolute star in this interview. It is easy to see too, that the presenters are also very much with her."

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 9th September 2020 at 20:41.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (10th September 2020), silverfish (11th September 2020)

31. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Richard Tice ‘truly appalled’ by increased social restrictions

32. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Free Julian Assange - Imperialism on Trial Event - 8th Sept 2020

33. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (10th September 2020)

34. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

New York Post Lockdown "A Big Mistake"

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (10th September 2020), thepainterdoug (1st December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast