+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Predictions & Prophecies you've personally received - How did they pan out???

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,830 times in 3,461 posts

Red face Predictions & Prophecies you've personally received - How did they pan out???

Have you ever been to a tarot card reader, an astrologer, a medium, or some other type of psychic, who told you about a future event or events? Or have you ever been around someone who made an unsolicited psychic prediction? Or have you yourself, ever telepathically received a message about what the future may hold?

Did the prediction come true? Was the prophesy fulfilled? Or not? Or is there some ambiguity and something happened but not exactly what you expected? Or are you still waiting to see?

And how did the prediction affect you? At the time you received at? At the time it came true, or when you realized it probably never would? Did you change your plans or habits in life because of the prediction? Has it changed your ideas about time, time lines, certainty, free will, telepathy, determinism, etc.?

I would love to hear you stories. Also, if you've received a few predictions that came true and many that didn't, I would like to know about what fraction came true. Why do you think some were better than others?

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

3NRG (6th September 2020), Anka (6th September 2020), Bill Ryan (6th September 2020), Brigantia (7th September 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (6th September 2020), ClearWater (6th September 2020), Constance (6th September 2020), Forest Denizen (6th September 2020), Franny (6th September 2020), Gwin Ru (7th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), Iancorgi (6th September 2020), janette (6th September 2020), Jayke (6th October 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2020), Michi (6th September 2020), Mike (6th September 2020), O Donna (6th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th September 2020), scotslad (6th September 2020), selinam (6th September 2020), Sérénité (8th September 2020), Stephanie (7th September 2020), Sunny-side-up (6th September 2020), Trisher (6th September 2020), Valerie Villars (6th September 2020), Wind (6th September 2020), Zirconian (6th September 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Predictions & Prophecies you've personally received - How did they pan out???

Five times in my life, I paid for a professional reading of some kind. Never with the same person, never quite the same format. Here are the stories, chronologically.

A year after college graduation, I visited some friends living in Boston. We decided to go to a tea leaf reader. None of us were taking it too seriously. At the time, I was working for a small company with 8 persons: a 35-year boss and the seven people he terrified and abused. When he was not around, we renewed our sanity by cursing him, making up names for him, and exulting in his every misfortune, quite sarcastically and with much joy and laughter.

In my session, the reader described someone around me having a medical misfortune, being carried away on a stretcher. The physical description seemed like my boss. I instantly thought "Wow, what a great story. Wait til I tell this to my co-workers, it should get some great laughs." and it did when I got back.

I worked for the unpleasant boss for another year and he remained healthy, much to the disappoint to us seven. About two years later he had heart surgery and did a few years later again. Ten years later, 2 months after another operation, he died at age 45. When I did contact some of my former coworkers after his death, we did not know what to say. There was just this awkward silence. We couldn't utter words of sympathy, but neither could we summon up the venom or sarcasm or whatever is was we were channeling before. I guess we felt his death was tragic, but his life of misanthropy was equally so.

There were other details during the reading which I don't connect to any event in my future, but the reading was well worth the entertainment value it provided at the work place.

A few years later I decided to buy a house. The house I wanted was slightly out of my price range and I thought I might try a lowball offer. I was quite anxious about the matter and I decided to go to a psychic. I showed her a picture of the house and told her the situation and she said that it would be my house! I then put in the low offer and the seller was insulted, took the house off the market and several decades later was still living there as far as I know. (And I think she is happy she didn't sell - so the reading definitely helped her.)

Again, I felt the reading was worth it because it taught me to go with my own best judgement and brace my self for the uncertainty of the future.

The third time I went to a local person who was highly recommended to me. The fourth was with someone I heard over internet radio and was on the other side of the country. Both were pleasant sessions, and I don't remember the details of what they predicted, but I don't think anything was on target. Nevertheless, both sessions were enjoyable and gave me a little sanity that I needed.

Trip number five was to an astrologer. I just liked this women and went in with no expectations that anything she said would have bearing on my future. She didn't know much about me and described me from my natal chart and I felt it was amazingly accurate. It wasn't like she was saying complementary things to boost my ego, but she was saying things that were uniquely true about me and could not apply to anyone else I know. I didn't ask much about the future but she gave me some predictions about what months in the coming year I might have an accident (I didn't) or when I might commence a new relationship (I was already in one.)

While I still have not given up on the idea that it is possible that one might have insight into the future through intuitive powers in the mind, I think that it is a rare occurrence and just doesn't happen for anyone on demand, no matter how psychic they think they are. Never the less, I enjoyed everyone of my sessions and am happy with the job each reader did.

Last edited by Kryztian; 6th September 2020 at 04:12. Reason: spell checking

4. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th September 2020), Bluegreen (6th September 2020), Brigantia (7th September 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (6th September 2020), ClearWater (6th September 2020), Constance (6th September 2020), Forest Denizen (6th September 2020), Franny (6th September 2020), Gwin Ru (7th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), janette (6th September 2020), Jayke (6th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2020), Michi (6th September 2020), Mike (6th September 2020), O Donna (6th September 2020), Rosco1 (6th September 2020), Sadieblue (7th September 2020), Savannah (6th September 2020), scotslad (6th September 2020), selinam (6th September 2020), Sirus (8th October 2020), Stephanie (7th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (6th September 2020), Sunny-side-up (6th September 2020), Trisher (6th September 2020), Valerie Villars (6th September 2020), Wind (6th September 2020), wondering (6th September 2020), Zirconian (6th September 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,194 times in 437 posts

Default Re: Predictions & Prophecies you've personally received - How did they pan out???

I will never forget a reading I had a few years back. The reader was a friend and there were two of us casually sipping tea and having a reading done, each in turn. Now who doesn't enjoy a reading when its good news. I heard the words "and you will be moving and your business will change". I was in total disbelief. There was no way either was happening. I was well settled into my life and nothing on the horizon looked rocky or about to collapse. So I said it was unbelievable.

Within the space of a year that was exactly what happened and there was nothing that could have acted as a forewarning of what transpired for me to make that massive shift.

This changed my view of how events happen. It now appears to me that they are lined up in advance and the choices we have in life are not always the choices we think we have. I concluded that one choice we do have is how we deal with things when events happen. Do we panic and let emotions flow or do we stay conscious and in the present and deal with it a bit at a time when the need arises.

Trisher

6. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th September 2020), Brigantia (7th September 2020), ClearWater (6th September 2020), Forest Denizen (6th September 2020), Gwin Ru (7th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), janette (6th September 2020), Kryztian (6th September 2020), Mare (7th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2020), O Donna (6th September 2020), onevoice (7th September 2020), prc (6th September 2020), rgray222 (6th September 2020), Sadieblue (7th September 2020), scotslad (6th September 2020), Sirus (8th October 2020), Stephanie (7th September 2020), Sunny (6th September 2020), Sunny-side-up (6th September 2020), Valerie Villars (7th September 2020), Wind (6th September 2020), Zirconian (6th September 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,260 times in 2,136 posts

Decades ago I had a dream that I won the lottery. My former wife had the same dream.
    I am expecting a big win.
    Biggest win so far was $100. The state of Virginia is still way ahead in the game.

Maybe God needs help? I need to buy another ticket?
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 6th September 2020 at 17:54.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Baby Steps (6th September 2020), Brigantia (7th September 2020), Forest Denizen (6th September 2020), Gwin Ru (7th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), janette (6th September 2020), Kryztian (6th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2020), O Donna (6th September 2020), Sirus (8th October 2020), Stephanie (7th September 2020), Sunny-side-up (6th September 2020), Valerie Villars (7th September 2020), Wind (7th September 2020), wondering (6th September 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    Decades ago I had a dream that I won the lottery. My former wife had the same dream.
    I am expecting a big win.
    Biggest win so far was $100. The state of Virginia is still way ahead in the game.

Maybe God needs help? I need to buy another ticket?
    You already won one Lotto Ron, manifestation. Scientists estimate the probability of your being born at about one in 400 trillion.

Well, do you?

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Anka (6th September 2020), Forest Denizen (8th September 2020), Gwin Ru (7th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), janette (6th September 2020), Kryztian (6th September 2020), Stephanie (7th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (6th September 2020), Sunny-side-up (6th September 2020), Valerie Villars (7th September 2020), Wind (7th September 2020), wondering (6th September 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by O Donna (here)
    You already won one Lotto Ron, manifestation. Scientists estimate the probability of your being born at about one in 400 trillion.
    I am so glad I made it, but what happened to the 399,999,999,999,999 I left behind?

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Anka (6th September 2020), Forest Denizen (8th September 2020), Gwin Ru (7th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), janette (6th September 2020), O Donna (6th September 2020), Stephanie (7th September 2020), Sunny-side-up (6th September 2020), Valerie Villars (7th September 2020), Wind (7th September 2020), wondering (6th September 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,612 times in 5,382 posts

Science likes to say incredible things they actually know nothing about.

Every one of us are absolutely essential in order for reality to be as it is. It matters not at all which zygote takes hold in the womb. It is you who had to come forth...that is what I believe at least, and what my philosophy dictates

We are not here by chance.

I had a premonition on my 21st birthday. To pick certain numbers for the lottery. I knew two of the numbers had to be consecutive and equal 23. I picked 11 + 12. The numbers actually were 2 and 3...I won about three hundred dollars that day. It could have been half a million.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 6th September 2020 at 19:04.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Anka (6th September 2020), Brigantia (7th September 2020), Forest Denizen (8th September 2020), Gwin Ru (7th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), janette (6th September 2020), Kryztian (7th September 2020), Michi (6th September 2020), O Donna (6th September 2020), Stephanie (7th September 2020), Sunny-side-up (6th September 2020), Unicorn (7th September 2020), Valerie Villars (7th September 2020), Wind (7th September 2020), wondering (6th September 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)

We are not here by chance.
    There was a chance you'd say that. The flip side is that it's all predetermined.

Who's loading the dice?

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Anka (6th September 2020), Ernie Nemeth (6th September 2020), Forest Denizen (8th September 2020), Gwin Ru (7th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), janette (6th September 2020), Stephanie (7th September 2020), Sunny-side-up (6th September 2020), Valerie Villars (7th September 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,122 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    Quote Posted by O Donna (here)
    I am so glad I made it, but what happened to the 399,999,999,999,999 I left behind?
    Their in the next path over
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Forest Denizen (8th September 2020), Gwin Ru (7th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), janette (6th September 2020), Kryztian (7th September 2020), O Donna (6th September 2020), Stephanie (7th September 2020), Sunny (6th September 2020), Valerie Villars (7th September 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

One - A local friend, approx 20 years ago she saw FCA on top of each other, people clapping and me getting an award. 6 weeks later and a bigger award and 12 weeks later - a bigger award and a 5 figure cheque.

Fast forward me eating a lunch at Aberdeen Football Club, as I finished the lunch I noticed the A F C logo of the football club as I placed my fork on the plate, conscious and really aware of this, I straightened my tie looking forward to actually won a local award and a cheque.

Went on to win the Scottish Title and then was put forward to a UK wide national award. On the day of the last award everything that could go wrong did - plane was delayed, and a full catalogue of horrors and calamities ensued, but low and behold despite all this - I won the national final and £10K - ALL TRUE. Ironically, I didnt enter myself for the competition - someone else did. And am very appreciative they did

This remarkable woman also has conversations with horses - a real horse whisperer where they share their problems and "issues" with her. Known her for over 20 years - amazing.

Interestingly, she looks at your hand but doesnt read the lines like traditional "palm readers", she instead sees symbols and 3D images appearing in your hand.

A second friend and amazing psychic from southafrica who has also had non terran physical visitations - I hope to share an excellent case study about her before the end of this year, as I have been logging an 18 month journey against incredible odds - and now upto 250 PPT slides of a detailed chronology. Nearing conclusion

One wee snippet - She predicted Id speak professionally on an island abroad - that and many other things have happened as accurately predicted on skype calls and via email. No cards. No oracle - she senses, speaks and shares.

Fear not - as a pragmatic scotsman - I'm open but dont suffer fools gladly, I do tend to be very appreciative of the heads up, keep a record - and more often than not am filled with gratitude after key events.

As I am responsible for my own destiny and whilst there are many probable outcomes, I am fully aware it is my choices and my effort (or not as the case maybe) that will create predictable outcomes - oh and I never ask "Should I.."

Interesting things unfolding at the moment which I am chronicling and hope to share by the year end Watch this space.

Watch this space

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th September 2020), Brigantia (7th September 2020), Craig (6th September 2020), Forest Denizen (8th September 2020), Gwin Ru (7th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), Kryztian (7th September 2020), Mare (8th September 2020), O Donna (6th September 2020), onevoice (7th September 2020), Patient (7th September 2020), Sirus (8th October 2020), Stephanie (7th September 2020), Valerie Villars (7th September 2020), Wind (7th September 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

I haven't encountered a prediction yet which would have come true, but if and when that would happen I'll let you know.

Premonitions? Well, that might be a different thing but I don't count them as predictions. More like psychic awareness.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anka (7th September 2020), Bill Ryan (8th September 2020), Forest Denizen (8th September 2020), Gwin Ru (7th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), Kryztian (7th September 2020), O Donna (7th September 2020), scotslad (7th September 2020), Sirus (8th October 2020), Stephanie (7th September 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

I was told by an inner knowing which was clear as day, overwhelming in its' benevolence and grace, I would be given the great love of a lifetime, as a gift for kindness, we would get married and I would have every thing I ever wanted.

By what was going on in my life at that time, only a source of great love, spiritual purity, power and knowledge beyond our understanding, could have arranged this.

In my, ehem, human mind, I interpretated "everything I ever wanted" as great wealth. The great wealth turned out to be the gift of us together.

What would I do with loads of money anyway?

Well, it all came true. I was so sure of this presence, that against all odds, I held fast during some of the most materially vacant times I have ever known.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Anka (7th September 2020), Bill Ryan (8th September 2020), Brigantia (7th September 2020), Eva2 (7th September 2020), Forest Denizen (8th September 2020), Gwin Ru (7th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), Kryztian (7th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th October 2020), scotslad (7th September 2020), Sirus (8th October 2020), Stephanie (9th September 2020), Wind (7th September 2020), wondering (7th September 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,260 times in 2,136 posts

I've had many readings concerning predictions and more.
    Precious few have been accurate.
    But the readings can be fun when seen as entertainment.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th September 2020), Forest Denizen (8th September 2020), Gwin Ru (9th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), Kryztian (7th September 2020), Stephanie (9th September 2020), Valerie Villars (8th September 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,169 times in 1,357 posts

A friend's mum with Romany ancestry used to read cards for people, she said that the cards were props for the client and that all the info that she passed on was channelled through her. People 'learn' tarot and other forms of divination, but they need that channel coming through clearly.

One of the best readers I ever met told me that the best readings happen when she hardly even looks at the cards as the info is just flowing through her. She once did a reading for my husband and told him that he would move to another country within the next year or so. He said that he wouldn't move abroad, but she said "well, England is a country". He assumed that she meant moving to Scotland as that's where he is from, but in a strange turn of events we ended up moving to Wales the following year.

She also told him to check the car tyres (the reading was in the autumn), so he did. Six weeks later a close friend of his was killed after his car skidded; I wonder if the warning was floating in the ether around him as it related to someone he knew.

I've also had a few dreams of foreknowledge, nothing earth-shattering; I once dreamt of meeting my former sister in law by chance, I hadn't seen her for several years and had never dreamt of her before. Four days later I went for a hair cut in the city, where neither of us lived, and there she was in the salon.

One dream had quite sketchy recall, I used to write them down and for this one it was 'I was hiking with a group of people and we went through Low Row'. That's the name of a tiny village in the Yorkshire Dales. Exactly four weeks later I met someone and we later kept in touch for some time. When we first met, she told me that she was leaving the south of England as she had just bought a house in Low Row. It was only when I looked back in my dream diary that I spotted that and it freaked me out.

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th September 2020), Eva2 (8th September 2020), Forest Denizen (8th September 2020), Gwin Ru (9th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), Kryztian (8th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th October 2020), onevoice (7th September 2020), scotslad (8th September 2020), Sirus (8th October 2020), Stephanie (9th September 2020), Valerie Villars (8th September 2020), Wind (8th September 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,082 times in 869 posts

It’s a topic that’s always intrigued me from being a child.
    Some see it as a gift and others as a curse. It can be hard to explain where insight comes from to those around you who’s only insight comes from watching the BBC News or reading the newspapers.

I have this amazing knack of being able to predict future events and how they unfold for others, individuals and the collective alike. But when it comes to what’s in store for myself, I’m a bit rubbish!

So for that reason I’ve been to so many psychics, fortune tellers and card readers over the years for guidance, usually when some personal issue rears it’s head. Some are absolute charlatans and you can pick it up instantly. Others give you goosebumps and despite being a believer you think how is it possible you know that?! Who have you been talking too?!

I always figured there’s maybe two ways it works. One is those tapped mostly into the spirits of departed or other worlds. While the others are just tapped into some sort of bizarre download stream like a WiFi of higher knowledge. You don’t know how you know, you just know.

I’ve only had the fortune of meeting one amazing psychic. So much so I returned 3 times over a 7 year period. Pretty much everything she predicted for me has come to pass. I should maybe check I’m with her for the next chapters soon

I used to get precog dreams. Not so much now unless my mobile phone is off or nowhere near me. That suits me fine as some things are best left unknown! Now it’s just random ‘downloads’. Frustrating at times as you can’t share with many people or they’d have you carted off. It’s mostly just predicting how a situation will pan out or just knowing what’s coming next. Is that precog or an ability to read people’s patterns using psychology and sociology traits and predict the likely outcome, I’m not sure.

It’s all so fascinating and loved reading the experiences! I often wonder are the unused parts of the brain the reason some do and some don’t? My mother was always very spiritually tuned in and had constant visitations and premonitions. Then after a brain injury it all stopped. Like the injury completely shut her precognitive gifts off like a light switch...

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Anka (9th September 2020), Bill Ryan (8th September 2020), Brigantia (9th September 2020), Eva2 (8th September 2020), Forest Denizen (8th September 2020), Gwin Ru (9th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), Kryztian (8th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th October 2020), Sirus (8th October 2020), Stephanie (9th September 2020), Sunny (8th September 2020), Valerie Villars (8th September 2020), Wind (8th September 2020)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Serenite, that reminds me of this movie http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenomenon_(film)
    which is really a favorite movie of mine.

Quote George Malley is a kind but average auto mechanic in a small town in Northern California. While celebrating his 37th birthday at a local bar with his best friend, Nate, and father figure, Doc Brunder, he steps outside while drunk. A ball of shining bright white lights moves around in the sky, grows closer and hits him in the head, making a loud sound and knocking him down. When he comes to and re-enters the bar, he learns that nobody else saw the lights nor did they hear the sound. Doc notices something is amiss when George quickly achieves a checkmate in their chess game.

George begins to exhibit remarkable levels of intelligence. He easily absorbs vast amounts of information, formulates new, revolutionary ideas, as well as developing psychokinesis. Not needing sleep, he spends each night reading multiple books.

George tries to use his new intelligence for the good of his community. He correctly predicts an earthquake without any equipment. When Doc is called to aid a sick Portuguese man, George learns the language in minutes and helps translate. He then uses his telekinesis to rescue the man's young relative. Visiting Nate, George decodes and responds to a signal on Nate's shortwave radio, though Nate asks him to forget about it out of fear that they might be picking up information from a nearby air force base.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Anka (9th September 2020), Bill Ryan (8th September 2020), Brigantia (9th September 2020), Eva2 (8th September 2020), Gwin Ru (9th September 2020), Harmony (8th September 2020), Kryztian (8th September 2020), Sérénité (8th September 2020), Stephanie (9th September 2020)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,082 times in 869 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Serenite, that reminds me of this movie http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenomenon_(film)
    which is really a favorite movie of mine.

Quote George Malley is a kind but average auto mechanic in a small town in Northern California. While celebrating his 37th birthday at a local bar with his best friend, Nate, and father figure, Doc Brunder, he steps outside while drunk. A ball of shining bright white lights moves around in the sky, grows closer and hits him in the head, making a loud sound and knocking him down. When he comes to and re-enters the bar, he learns that nobody else saw the lights nor did they hear the sound. Doc notices something is amiss when George quickly achieves a checkmate in their chess game.

George begins to exhibit remarkable levels of intelligence. He easily absorbs vast amounts of information, formulates new, revolutionary ideas, as well as developing psychokinesis. Not needing sleep, he spends each night reading multiple books.

George tries to use his new intelligence for the good of his community. He correctly predicts an earthquake without any equipment. When Doc is called to aid a sick Portuguese man, George learns the language in minutes and helps translate. He then uses his telekinesis to rescue the man's young relative. Visiting Nate, George decodes and responds to a signal on Nate's shortwave radio, though Nate asks him to forget about it out of fear that they might be picking up information from a nearby air force base.
    Thanks Valerie I will give that film a watch. I just checked out the trailer, seems a feel good vibe one

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Anka (9th September 2020), Bill Ryan (8th September 2020), Brigantia (9th September 2020), Gwin Ru (9th September 2020), scotslad (9th September 2020), Stephanie (9th September 2020), Yoda (8th September 2020)

35. Link to Post #18
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

Today I think I had a premonition.
    In brief Donald Trump will be using the phone system to alert the whole nation to a major incident this year.
    Well that's something new for me and difficult to describe the difference between a daydream or imagination and a premonition.
    In case it's different for other people I'll try and describe the difference.
    It was like a daydream with pictures but in a different place.
    like bring next door but with a thin viel between them,except in this place you know what you are seeing and feeling and just knowing is real,more real than reality.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th September 2020), Eva2 (6th October 2020), Gwin Ru (6th October 2020), Kryztian (12th September 2020), Sirus (8th October 2020), Stephanie (6th October 2020)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,246 times in 32,909 posts

This very interesting thread reminded me of an interesting experience I had as a child, aged 9 or 10.

In my bedroom, there was a built-in gas fireplace. For some reason, this made me very anxious. A number of times, I called for my Mom, unable to sleep, sure that I could smell gas in the room.

She was very patient. Each time, she'd come in, light a match near the fire, reassuring me that — see? — there was no gas, and absolutely nothing to worry about.

Then one night, that happened yet again. She came in calmly as usual, lit the match, and the whole thing just about exploded. I don't know who was more shocked, me or her.

I realized that (of course!) my anxiety, that had built up for about a month prior, was a premonition. There was a gas leak.... but I'd been "smelling" it weeks before it actually happened. That perception may even have saved my life.

38. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (6th October 2020), Brigantia (6th October 2020), celticwarrior (6th October 2020), Ernie Nemeth (6th October 2020), Eva2 (6th October 2020), Gracy (6th October 2020), Gwin Ru (6th October 2020), happyuk (6th October 2020), Jake (6th October 2020), Jayke (6th October 2020), Kate (7th October 2020), Kryztian (6th October 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th October 2020), Maunagarjana (7th October 2020), Sirus (8th October 2020), Stephanie (6th October 2020), Wind (6th October 2020), Yoda (8th October 2020)

+ Reply to Thread