Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,206 times in 21,084 posts

Question The Infinite Pattern That Never Repeats

The Infinite Pattern That Never Repeats

Mindblowing Fibonacci Golden Mean Ratio Visuals

Simples rules of geometry meant that 5-fold symmetry was impossible as were crystals without a periodic structure. This turns out to be wrong. Thanks to LastPass for sponsoring a portion of this video. Click here to start using LastPass: https://ve42.co/LPs Huge thanks to Prof. Paul Steinhardt for the interview on this topic. Check out his book ‘The Second Kind of Impossible’ If you'd like to learn more about Penrose tilings, go check out "Penrose Tiles to Trapdoor Ciphers" by Martin Gardener, which helped my research for this video. Filmed by Gene Nagata (Potato Jet on YouTube) Animations by Iván Tello and Jonny Hyman Editing, Coloring, Music & Audio mastering by Jonny Hyman Prague scenes filmed in 2012. Special thanks to Raquel Nuno for helping with the tilings! Additional Music from Epidemic Sound.

Veritasium

Related:
    Paul Steinhardt on "Impossible Crystals":

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 3rd October 2020 at 01:24.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd October 2020), GMB1961 (3rd October 2020), Harmony (3rd October 2020), Ioneo (3rd October 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (3rd October 2020), Kryztian (3rd October 2020), Maknocktomb (4th October 2020), raregem (3rd October 2020), rgray222 (3rd October 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Default Re: The Infinite Pattern That Never Repeats

Thanks John. Good videos.

It is up to about here that I followed science closely. After the quasi-periodic function was discovered I veered away from their assumptions. I realized that the idea of the 'almost something but not quite' allowed the missing information to be ignored.

They had found the 'divine fudging' rule that allowed the superposition of a thought and its consequence. Some thoughts leave gaps. Like science itself. And by the superpostioning of two or more thoughts, the gaps get filled - but never is the whole revealed. It is much like the opposite of the hologram, that does allow a single thought without gaps in comprehension.

This is the fundamental difference between the Creator and its creation. Since we are that creation, we can only ever realize a quasi-comprehensive model that defines our existence.

From the idea of the quasi-periodic crystal, I went to the idea of the quasi-finite, a finite condition that for all intents and purposes is infinite.

I consider the closest example of this being the spiritual masters themselves. The Budha was quasi-divine, as was Jesus, and others.

The idea of the quasi-anything is just a way of saying, 'there are parts here we don't understand but we do intuit a novel concept buried here somewhere'.

The main reason I hold this view is because of the method used to study this quasi-periodicity in materials. They are using another quasi-periodic phenomena: the electron. It is an unknown quality and its properties are speculative. Yet it is used to delve into the structure of other phenomena. This takes assumption to a new level based on the close agreement between theory and observation.

But if an assumption is used to define the assumption of another phenomena, the quasi- part of the assumptions merely cancel each other. In other words the not-understood part is submerged below the noise level of the signal because the assumption is the belief. Without the assumption there is no coherence at all - there would only be a strange set of magical interactions.

And like science often does, it restates the problem so no one's the wiser.

The problem is science's basic tenet which states: There is no need for a creator because the universe is real and acts as a machine and that reality is merely an unintended quirk that resulted in self-reflecting entities.

I do not hold this view, and I am not fooled by the new wording that attempts to innocently subvert the role of the Creator.

Then again, I might be wrong...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd October 2020), ExomatrixTV (3rd October 2020), Patient (4th October 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,886 times in 612 posts

Default Re: The Infinite Pattern That Never Repeats

Years ago when I was in college as a Geophysics major, Father George, who was at that time the "Father of Science" for the Vatican and a noted Physics Professor discussed "Did God create science or did science create God". I went to the lecture expecting something completely different than what I heard there. Years later I was teaching Earthquakes and natural disasters to freshmen (at Baylor-a Baptist private university) and a student asked me if I believed in God. I pulled from something Father George said in that discussion years before. Yes I firmly believe in God, however, as a mere human, I am not capable of understanding all of how he created the universe and as a scientist every time I think I have figured it out, He throws in a twist that I cannot explain".
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd October 2020), Ernie Nemeth (3rd October 2020), ExomatrixTV (3rd October 2020), Maknocktomb (4th October 2020), Patient (4th October 2020)

+ Reply to Thread