+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Skeptics of Avalon: Why are you here?

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Default Re: Skeptics of Avalon: Why are you here?

Quote Posted by ByTheNorthernSea (here)
    Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    Most people want to believe in UFOs but it is only the people that have had a "real" experience that actually believe, there is a huge difference.
    I'm not sure if this is strictly true; I actually do fully believe, though I've had no kind of direct experience to back this up as such...

What got me started with this was back in the early 90's reading Timothy Good's 'Above Top Secret: Worldwide UFO Cover-up' when I simply reasoned that if just one of the encounters he relates are true (out of hundreds, many backed up with some kind of evidence), then by definition either aliens exist (most likely), or if they don't then there were things going on out of the public's eye that've been kept quiet which we should know about, and we've been lied to by our governments all this time to keep them secret.

Nothing I've heard anywhere from anyone has changed my mind on this. In fact exactly the opposite...thanks to Bill & many others over the years I'm even more convinced of their reality now than I was back then...
    It is probably fitting that you immediately picked up on that. I debated about taking that sentence out of my post simply because there are those like yourself that really do believe without having a first-hand experience. What prompted me to make the statement in the first place is that there is a very fine distinction between people wanting to believe (in something not just UFOs) and people that actually believe. Once you make the distinction and give it some thought the difference is huge. We have all seen the polls over the years that say 70 or 80% of people believe in UFOs. I would wager to say that the majority of those people "want to believe" not necessarily those that "really believe".
    Thanks for pointing that out.
    R

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th October 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (28th October 2020), Harmony (28th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (28th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,744 times in 20,828 posts

Thumbs up Re: Skeptics of Avalon: Why are you here?

Do you "believe" that Japan with millions of people exists or do you KNOW that Japan with millions of people exists?

Often you can replace the word "believe" with amongst others:

~ "assume"
    ~ "being aware of"
    ~ "experienced"
    ~ "consider"
    ~ "attest"
    ~ "corroborate"
    ~ "substantiate"
    ~ "verify"
    ~ "know"

... studying ALL replacement options I come to my own conclusion the use of the word "believe"
    (in my opinion) is the weakest of them all.

For example:

If you are married and your wife or husband asks you directly: "Do you love me?" and your answer is: "I believe I do" versus what most will say: "I do" WHY do we all know that "I believe I do" does NOT help you here! ... Because we know it is the weaker expression.

The "Need to BeLIEve Syndrome" = to accept without real evidence ... in SOME cases can help to overcome fears & self-sabotaging thoughts to overcome any hurdle and obstacle in life. That is why people defend that word as if it is 100% the "only" way to look at things ... People that can not live without having strong beliefs is the same energy that does not want to hear there is much so much more going on on a psychological level.

Imagine a person 100% sincerely believes there is a "pink elephant flying the sky" that protects him/her from all evil. By doing so, he or she have much more success in life than if he/she does not have that believe. "Who am I to take that advantage/benefits away from that person? As most people are masters in telling stories to themselves (including skeptical people) and project that on anything that fits their own created narrative ... If they feel comfortable & safe doing that, you probably WILL "hurt" their feelings if you have convincing strong evidence it is (almost) all based on psychology. Thus dismiss anything you have to say no matter how good you are in explaining what is (really) happening.

That is why I often use DIFFERENT powerful words that can replace "belief"/"believe" in more grounded in practical reality: Like; "I consider" or " am open to the possibility" or "I love to learn new (practical) insights" or "I love to surprise myself" all these cognitive replacements does NOT have to hurt nor damage the original intent of your goals! ... You will attract OTHER people doing the same which broaden your horizon much wider of possibilities/life changing experiences that is NOT FIXED in ANY belief-system.

Most ("die hard") skeptics have an almost permanent state of fear being deceived "somehow" ... thus seek ways to be 100% sure it is "not happening to them and ASSUME others are easily deceived/fooled thus feeling surrounded be ill-informed & deceived family & friends (which may well partially correct) ... nevertheless this is also a "strong belief" (belief-system/mind-set).

Long time, ago a good Irish friend "Ralphos" from PalTalk told me early 2000s: "For God to be KNOWN to exists, there is no belief necessary" ... and I know that statement is highly sensitive as all sides (including science) has its flaws hiding behind own created assumptions.

Related: ... "Intelligent Design":

• Study also: "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed":

cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomartixTV'
    October 26, 2020
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 28th October 2020 at 21:46.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Agape (29th October 2020), Bill Ryan (28th October 2020), Constance (30th October 2020), Harmony (28th October 2020), Hym (28th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

Open-minded skepticism is okay. I apply it myself, even for the most part to my own experiences, conclusions and 'beliefs'.

It is close-minded skepticism that is the problem in our society today. It is a dogmatic religion, a cult with very eager followers (e.g. those who write Wackypedia) who like scoffing at everything that is not 'mainstream' or isn't coming from an official 'authority' source - mostly in politics or what they take for 'science'.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th October 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (28th October 2020), Constance (30th October 2020), Ernie Nemeth (28th October 2020), Harmony (28th October 2020), Hym (28th October 2020), Wind (29th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Contradictory terms are contradictory :D

When you joined Avalon, i was like 12/13 or so, i just want to think how this far you thought about this, in all that time
    What did you find contradictory? Please explain.

Regarding the second sentence, if you're asking, I was thinking about these dreams/experiences since they happened, it's always in the back of my head so to speak. Since the late 80s.

Quote Surely there's a little nugget you have that you're sitting on otherwise you wouldn't be here at all

het!

There is no reason for that, every person must able to be aware of their own. No reason to apply their reason to anyone else in this planet, ever

Must have applied your own knowledge without thinking "some other people must think, but not be aware" Stop that
    Lol, maybe I should've used a question mark rather than a period. Maybe I left out some context. In the future, please ask me to clarify rather than give me orders or assume I'm being an asshole. Honestly, truly, I'm not sure what you're on about but I'll try and explain myself a bit better.

My line of thought/perspective was that if there is someone who doesn't believe a lot that is openly accepted and talked about on a forum then it would be strange for them to be there. Why not stay to a forum where folks think like you do? I eat meat so I'm not going to join a forum for vegetarians, that would be a waste of my time. So my thought was that the typical person who doubts 90% of what Avalon openly discusses, what's the 10% that they are here for?

I could understand joining such a forum to test your ideas, but I doubt anyone would stay as long as I have been here and fit in so well.

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    A very interesting post Strat (do you like Fender Stratocaster guitars?)
    Yessir. I'm not exactly a guitar phenom but I have two of them, set up differently. They sound pretty. I like Texas blues a la Stevie Ray Vaughn and other obvious influences like Hendrix etc.

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Why don’t you prefer to talk to other believers and experiences instead ?
    Honestly, not to sound rude, but I quickly get turned off. I don't think there are many people like me who approach strange past experiences from the perspective of "I don't know what that was all about and maybe I never will." It seems to be a very black or white debate. Either it's definitely aliens or it's definitely not. Both parties grab the closest explanation possible and stick to their guns, no matter how outlandish the theory. That's not how scientific observation works. Some things we just don't know/understand and we may never know. I'm okay with that. I feel this is the most intelligent perspective to have.

I will get to the rest of you folks later. I have a 4 legged furry friend who needs attending to. He had 2 goddamn ticks yesterday when we went on our wilderness adventure.
    LOL i'm sorry, i wasn't trying to "give you orders". What happened is that i did not write in English my reply, i did a quick google translate and posted it, and it came out all wrong, aggressive and intolerant, but somehow i did not read it like that before i posted it.

I was very tired and could not focus so i just got lazy and did not think correctly

Also posted a few other replies in the same way yesterday, I will not do that ever again

I'm truly sorry :*(

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th October 2020), Constance (30th October 2020), Craig (28th October 2020), Harmony (28th October 2020), Hym (28th October 2020), Jad (29th October 2020), kudzy (30th October 2020), Orph (28th October 2020), Strat (28th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (28th October 2020), Wind (29th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 times in 536 posts

Imagine if you will,

A person standing in front of you, regarded by all that know them as the most boringest person in the world, a person who has had no supernatural or unexplained phenomenon happen to them, a person that was sheltered and has led a typically boring meat and 3 veg life equivalence. A person who only knows of something outside of their 'box' by reading about it on the webs, as a result assumes... but can't believe that there is something beyond their limted knowledge and experience. Now look slightly above their right shoulder about 200 metres behind them, see that small object waving? That's me, making this person in front of you look like time traveling Nordic on a mission to prevent the destruction of the Earth on this current timeline...

So that is why I am here

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th October 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (28th October 2020), Constance (28th October 2020), ExomatrixTV (28th October 2020), Harmony (28th October 2020), Hym (28th October 2020), Sunny (29th October 2020), Wind (29th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    I am here because one night I returned home from work and saw an enormous triangular UFO directly over my head at a very low altitude moving at about 15-20 mph. It is a long story but once it moved out of sight I sketched it all out on a yellow legal pad, put down the date and time and a very detailed description. Woke up in the morning with absolutely no recollection of the event. The next day I saw the legal pad on the table and the memory immediately flooded back into my mind. This event forever changed my life.
    Maybe off topic to this thread, but I'd like to PM you about this later.

Quote Posted by EFO (here)

Very interesting stories of events and I kindly ask you:How sure you are that you "dreamed" instead of being in a certain "state" induced or not?
    I'm not sure to be honest. I'll PM you about some personal details later, it's a long story. Short version is I have myoclonic epilepsy, I generally don't have the types of seizures you hear about on TV. However I've had a few and I have to tell people not to look me in the eyes after a seizure because it takes time to get my wits about me and looking me in the eyes at that point triggers a negative reaction on my part which was born out of those dreams.

When asked why people can't look me in the eyes at that time I just say it makes me uncomfortable.

Quote Posted by Feritciva (here)
    Agreed with Agape above. Skepticism mixed with sarcasm/cynism is a kind of religion for modern human beings.
    I generally regard this as debunking. It's a close minded and foolish practice not in sync with basic scientific observation.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th October 2020), EFO (29th October 2020), Harmony (28th October 2020), Mashika (29th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,744 times in 20,828 posts

Constructive & healthy skepticism will always use skepticism to its own assumptions on anything. Self-doubt can have many levels ... some can be paralyzing some of them could be liberating because you allow yourself to grow out of guarded dogmas.

But there is a difference between standing for something versus being in a state of eternal self-doubt!

Taking risks to "stand for something" is what helps things get done ...

cheers,
    John
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 28th October 2020 at 22:38.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th October 2020), Harmony (28th October 2020), Tyy1907 (29th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

LOL i'm sorry, i wasn't trying to "give you orders". What happened is that i did not write in English my reply, i did a quick google translate and posted it, and it came out all wrong, aggressive and intolerant, but somehow i did not read it like that before i posted it.

I was very tired and could not focus so i just got lazy and did not think correctly

Also posted a few other replies in the same way yesterday, I will not do that ever again

I'm truly sorry :*(
    Not a problem, all is well. Much love
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th October 2020), Harmony (28th October 2020), kudzy (30th October 2020), Mashika (28th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,244 times in 4,597 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Do you "believe" that Japan with millions of people exists or do you KNOW that Japan with millions of people exists?

~ "assume"
    ~ "being aware of"
    ~ "experienced"
    ~ "consider"
    ~ "attest"
    ~ "corroborate"
    ~ "substantiate"
    ~ "verify"
    ~ "know"

... studying ALL replacement options I come to my own conclusion the use of the word "believe"

For example:

If you are married and your wife or husband asks you directly: "Do you love me?" and your answer is: "I believe I do" versus what most will say: "I do" WHY do we all know that "I believe I do" does NOT help you here! ... Because we know it is the weaker expression.

The "Need to BeLIEve Syndrome" = to accept without real evidence ... in SOME cases can help to overcome fears & self-sabotaging thoughts to overcome any hurdle and obstacle in life. That is why people defend that word as if it is 100% the "only" way to look at things ... People that can not live without having strong beliefs is the same energy that does not want to hear there is much so much more going on on a psychological level.

Imagine a person 100% sincerely believes there is a "pink elephant flying the sky" that protects him/her from all evil. By doing so, he or she have much more success in life than if he/she does not have that believe. "Who am I to take that advantage/benefits away from that person? As most people are masters in telling stories to themselves (including skeptical people) and project that on anything that fits their own created narrative ... If they feel comfortable & safe doing that, you probably WILL "hurt" their feelings if you have convincing strong evidence it is (almost) all based on psychology. Thus dismiss anything you have to say no matter how good you are in explaining what is (really) happening.

That is why I often use DIFFERENT powerful words that can replace "belief"/"believe" in more grounded in practical reality: Like; "I consider" or " am open to the possibility" or "I love to learn new (practical) insights" or "I love to surprise myself" all these cognitive replacements does NOT have to hurt nor damage the original intent of your goals! ... You will attract OTHER people doing the same which broaden your horizon much wider of possibilities/life changing experiences that is NOT FIXED in ANY belief-system.

Most ("die hard") skeptics have an almost permanent state of fear being deceived "somehow" ... thus seek ways to be 100% sure it is "not happening to them and ASSUME others are easily deceived/fooled thus feeling surrounded be ill-informed & deceived family & friends (which may well partially correct) ... nevertheless this is also a "strong belief" (belief-system/mind-set).

Long time, ago a good Irish friend "Ralphos" from PalTalk told me early 2000s: "For God to be KNOWN to exists, there is no belief necessary" ... and I know that statement is highly sensitive as all sides (including science) has its flaws hiding behind own created assumptions.

cheers,
    October 26, 2020

I would prefer to use the denomination “knowers” instead “believers” where it suits.

However, there are few psychological problems we can face with this term and the fact of “knowing” as much as skepticism at its best denies the right or ability of gnosis, especially one that is innate to us and replaces it with “doubt”.

Thus “doubt” itself (“the devils advocate”) stands on the very peak of human skeptical thought , quite like the legendary Sisyphus, testing his own limits ,
    defining himself in the detail.

Thus human analytical thinking fundamentally diverges from the very possibility of higher intelligent life -whether human or non human- endowed with natural “knowing” of whatever kind.

Based on linearity of principle and single logical chain skeptical thinking represents but one type of live intelligence among many,
    including holistic insight or the absence of self.

We used and used to use the term “knowers” or those “in the know” in many cultures, both old and modern but it was massively replaced by “know-it-all’s” due to the plasticity and creativity of internet and digital media.

From broader perspective, there are always more people - millions of people who genuinely believe in something and/or want to believe and wish to know.

They are on their path including their doubts and healthy skepticism.

None of us would survive this world of deceit without healthy skepticism , restraint and reserves I believe (?) 😅
    Not that I’ve not tested and double blind tested the option.

Underline:

But I’ve also discover subtle biological link between human hyperacidity and aggression that keeps lurking around as sarcasm and irony, toxic thinking in short,
    endless engagement in fight ,
    caused by overconsumption of meat and fats , tons of bread and sugar based amnesia, and so forth
    things that could be improved in order to improve our well being and clarity of consciousness.

So it actually always depends upon us but skeptics do not know that.

Neither they can go for the “ultimate experiment”.

Minds me of my school days 🐷😀

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th October 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th October 2020), Harmony (29th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    So anyway I wanna know: You call BS, but what's the one thing you're chasing? Where are you digging for answers?
    Hi Strat,

I am here because PA has one very important thing that most of the other forums on internet lack, it is respect and I appreciate that very much.

I've been reading PA for many years but never created an account, because as a reader there were no need for an account, but now I feel I have some to share and interact with others here.

In 2000 a friend said: "grab everything you can from internet, because it is going to be closed one day", I know he meant that it will be paid not really closed and we can see now how hard is becoming to get knowledge on internet, PA is doing an great work in saving all these data in the library.

Just another day, my Usenet client downloading thousands of new headers, 90% for sure was standard pure garbage, the other 10% probably 9% was at least questionable, I mean lots of viruses, worms, ransom wares, phishing attack links, etc.. the 1% probably is good stuff but still need a deep check.. this is 2020 and I feel just like a gold miner (more like a digger) in search of something with real value, PA is a shortcut to it, because most people here know what they are doing and I appreciate that to.

Another thing I like here is the moderation, I can't remember last time I saw such an organized way to do it, it really works here, I read people debating their own opinions in a healthy way, as I said there is respect here, you don't see people trolling/bashing others that is what I mean by respect.

Long Live Project Avalon!
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th October 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (29th October 2020), kudzy (30th October 2020), onawah (29th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

21. Link to Post #31
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

~ "assume"
    ~ "being aware of"
    ~ "experienced"
    ~ "consider"
    ~ "attest"
    ~ "corroborate"
    ~ "substantiate"
    ~ "verify"
    ~ "know"

For example:

cheers,
    October 26, 2020

I would prefer to use the denomination “knowers” instead “believers” where it suits.

However, there are few psychological problems we can face with this term and the fact of “knowing” as much as skepticism at its best denies the right or ability of gnosis, especially one that is innate to us and replaces it with “doubt”.

Thus “doubt” itself (“the devils advocate”) stands on the very peak of human skeptical thought , quite like the legendary Sisyphus, testing his own limits ,
    defining himself in the detail.

Thus human analytical thinking fundamentally diverges from the very possibility of higher intelligent life -whether human or non human- endowed with natural “knowing” of whatever kind.

Based on linearity of principle and single logical chain skeptical thinking represents but one type of live intelligence among many,

We used and used to use the term “knowers” or those “in the know” in many cultures, both old and modern but it was massively replaced by “know-it-all’s” due to the plasticity and creativity of internet and digital media.

From broader perspective, there are always more people - millions of people who genuinely believe in something and/or want to believe and wish to know.

They are on their path including their doubts and healthy skepticism.

None of us would survive this world of deceit without healthy skepticism , restraint and reserves I believe (?) 😅
    Not that I’ve not tested and double blind tested the option.

Underline:

But I’ve also discover subtle biological link between human hyperacidity and aggression that keeps lurking around as sarcasm and irony, toxic thinking in short,
    endless engagement in fight ,
    caused by overconsumption of meat and fats , tons of bread and sugar based amnesia, and so forth
    things that could be improved in order to improve our well being and clarity of consciousness.

So it actually always depends upon us but skeptics do not know that.

Minds me of my school days 🐷😀
    Quote Based on linearity of principle and single logical chain skeptical thinking represents but one type of live intelligence among many,
    Quote So it actually always depends upon us but skeptics do not know that.

This, however, puts any superior intelligent beings who could be possibly be above us, on the exact same situation. They know what they know, but they don't know any better than what they know, just as we do, "you can only look below to see where you are standing on" concept. In other words "The believe" that what they "know" is true

Also off topic, but:

My little sister got hit and run over by a truck when she was 16, that truck drove over her head and broke most of her bones because she was dragged for almost 10 meters.

She survived and even with a cracked skull and most broken bones, she has returned to a normal life, with implications of course, but she keeps going. The only reason she did managed to recover was her health and this, she eats meat, lots and lots of it, and this is what managed to get her to live through an event like that. So i don't firmly believe that not eating meat is the best. I do believe that daily is bad, for anyone, but you do need to eat it

Anyway, the doctors said that if she had not been the way she was, she would have not walked again, ever, or move her arms and fingers, it was all because of how strong her bones were. So i don't know

I was going to post a couple pictures about this, scans so you could see her bones, but i think it's better not to. So i just want to say that the "eating meat is bad" is a person by person thing, it depends on how you are, or what happens in your life and how much can you endure
    Last edited by Mashika; 29th October 2020 at 05:32.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Agape (29th October 2020), Bill Ryan (29th October 2020), ExomatrixTV (29th October 2020), Hym (29th October 2020), palehorse (29th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th October 2020), Tintin (29th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

A very interesting post Strat (do you like Fender Stratocaster guitars?) I cannot claim any special experience, rather a string of impressions dating back to my first tangible memory: Myself as a fully grown man lying in a hospital bed a white tiled room with an amber light, a kind, bearded man leaning over me, comforting me and I know I was passing over to another life. This original 'memory' gave way to being aware of the 'otherness' of life, a general comprehension that this reality we are presented with is not the full scope. I have always been an explorer of ideas, I have witnessed some aerial phenomena but I do not claim to know what these are.
    Project Camelot bowled me over: the realisation that there are others in the world who know about 'black projects' and alternative explanations, who investigate visitation. When Bill set up Avalon I was a very willing subscriber.
    Archeology, and the history of this planet compel me to study, and discover.
    I feel like Jung, who replied he did not have to believe in God, he knew I know there are other civilisations, I know there is much more to this universe and to human life than we are presented with by mainstream culture: hence my being here.
    [/I]

Stratocaster was born out of this sound

So "They say"
    Surely you are referring to the 'Strad' as in Stradivarius Violins? The Strat is a more profane origin!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th October 2020), Hym (29th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

25. Link to Post #33
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

A very interesting post Strat (do you like Fender Stratocaster guitars?) I cannot claim any special experience, rather a string of impressions dating back to my first tangible memory: Myself as a fully grown man lying in a hospital bed a white tiled room with an amber light, a kind, bearded man leaning over me, comforting me and I know I was passing over to another life. This original 'memory' gave way to being aware of the 'otherness' of life, a general comprehension that this reality we are presented with is not the full scope. I have always been an explorer of ideas, I have witnessed some aerial phenomena but I do not claim to know what these are.
    Project Camelot bowled me over: the realisation that there are others in the world who know about 'black projects' and alternative explanations, who investigate visitation. When Bill set up Avalon I was a very willing subscriber.
    Archeology, and the history of this planet compel me to study, and discover.
    I feel like Jung, who replied he did not have to believe in God, he knew I know there are other civilisations, I know there is much more to this universe and to human life than we are presented with by mainstream culture: hence my being here.
    [/I]

Stratocaster was born out of this sound

So "They say"
    Surely you are referring to the 'Strad' as in Stradivarius Violins? The Strat is a more profane origin!

No actually no, sorry. Made a joke nobody could probably get, and the ones who did, did not speak about it at all

But that's not it, Strato guitars were named by stratocolombus clouds

The violin sounds on the video are basically similar to a stratocaster guitar, *IF* you can get them. But the original guitar sound, attempted to sound like that, so that's why you can get similar sounds on a strato, as you could get on a violin

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th October 2020), greybeard (29th October 2020), Harmony (29th October 2020), Hym (29th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

[In response to Mashika’s post omitting the necessity for long quotation]

Perhaps the determinant of “true knowing” is two fold,
    the wealth of precise information in our possession and our capacity to “get there” that is our ability to use any piece of the information sets we posses at the right place and right time with least number of errors.

In other worlds and realms where entities operate smoothly without distraction and error their operations appear as magic to people in the human world.

We had to entertain doubts, including or most importantly self-doubts because in the human realm we struggle with confusion and error.
    Getting rid of “all of them” from within and without takes human beings millions of years of learning and adaptation process.

Some are born with genetic errors and liabilities that manifest as disease once it encounters particular condition or environment.

Our ancestors inhabited different parts of the world and migrated to far North and Deep South often to stay there for hundreds of thousand of years.
    Thus they developed an affinity with particular climatic conditions and diet.
    Sorry to hear about your sister 🙏🌟🙏

I’m sure there’s nothing wrong with her eating meat if she needed it and it helped her to recover.

I’m talking of indulgence and 60% obesity , cardiovascular diseases and chronic digestion issues of many generations of people who now have mostly sedentary jobs, ignore their health education to gross degree and virtually destroy themselves by eating and drinking alone !

Every food down to the vegetables can be a medicine or a poison and it is upon the Knower of the Self to decide which is right and wrong with us.

In Spirit

🙏

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th October 2020), Harmony (29th October 2020), Hym (29th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

29. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Strat great question.

I am here because I find mind opening thoughts from many different view points on the nature of the all.
    What is, what was, what will be are questions I constantly have.
    PA is a place I came to years ago. Came -left -came back -left again and here I am again checking in to read what interests me.
    It has been a place I feel I can trust. A place with decency most of the time. A sense of transparency and honesty shared as best as possible.
    I appreciate Avalon as a familiar place for being able to have human contact on "out there" subjects.
    There are so few people, if any, that I can dive deep with in person.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Agape (30th October 2020), Bill Ryan (29th October 2020), Constance (30th October 2020), Harmony (29th October 2020), Hym (29th October 2020), rgray222 (29th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

31. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 times in 571 posts

Like many of us who research material as pure as we can get it, I also land here from time to time to extrapolate golden nuggets. If I reply to a thread it is because I also have some golden nuggets to share. I cannot compare Avalon to any other forum because I find it contained and a bit suppressed in parts but that is the dictates of the moderator. I believe there is bias and an overwhelming number of people into ufology which is not my thing, and those who do post critical video's or thought provoking issues, may not get the response from the members. Its not a free for all is probably what I am meaning. That is not wrong or bad, it is just how this forum is set up and its expectations to keep the riff raff down. However, I believe we are at the most critical time in history and expression is clearly needed with all the outside business of suppression. I do believe in discussions and not one POV.
    If people strictly post data from one forum to another I can see where [Bill] can be selective. I do know from my own POV that there is a flood of information coming out that bears interest and discussion.
    I also will make one more remark. I am a big twitter fan and follow like minded seriously interested and educated and critical thinkers. I have no time or energy for the slapstick nobody's. I want knowledge and information. I can get more from twitter in a one morning look than lamestream news. I love that we can connect with people all over the world with data that hasn't even reached the shores of the US yet. There are some here at Avalon that can do that as well. Kudos!
    I notice that there is not much in the way of political discussion, more of topics outside the fringe. I am not a politically well versed but this election has me deeply embedded. The rabbit hole is either where we all trip and fall and lose our way or get angry or follow a path. I think that is critical for these times. It will not end after elections either.
    I am connected to a lot of data that is not on the collective channels and I hesitate to post because of the angle of response.
    I just think for the most part, there is a quest to keep subject matter somewhat contained.
    No offense Bill, I have always liked your work and hope that it grows.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

Agape (30th October 2020), Bill Ryan (29th October 2020), Constance (30th October 2020), Dorjezigzag (29th October 2020), Hym (29th October 2020), raregem (29th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

33. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    I am here because PA has one very important thing that most of the other forums on internet lack, it is respect and I appreciate that very much.
    SO TRUE. I am a (mostly lurking) member of a very large, mostly mainstream forum. Lots of debunkers there. You would not believe how hostile some of them can be, it is truly pathetic at times. A couple members were banned because they were PMing each other trying to figure out where to meet up so they could fist fight. That's an extreme example, but there is often back and forth hostile arguing. It depends on the topic but I've never seen anything like it on Avalon.
    Last edited by Strat; 29th October 2020 at 23:34.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Agape (30th October 2020), Anka (29th October 2020), Constance (30th October 2020), raregem (31st October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (30th October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

At risk of sounding like ancient shaman but I did not have good dreams last night in some strange consonance with this topic of skeptics -some “eternal skeptics” I know of masquerading their ignorance of facts and unwillingness to learn, grow, expand their consciousness, not even to all people on this planet.

Some people and that’s part of the mystery, experience themselves only one way through out their life time and part of their “earthy philosophy” seems to be the idea that they can’t “change a lot” and so can’t others.
    They seem to see the world in one way, through one personality window and there it seems to end.

Not that owe anything to those people but some are practically, completely oblivious to other people’s perspectives, souls, the variety of possibilities of our life and evolution on this planet.

Perhaps they are the true “homo sapiens sapiens” Darwin and religions talk about and talk to or try the most.

They’re stubborn, practical, hard working and pessimistic about past, presence and future. They kind of “know” something and that’s about impermanence and the world is not going change with or for them and it’s always been here etc.

My grandma was somewhat like this and I have one maternal uncle left who was in constant internal conflict with his sister (my mum) and me since I was a kid actually.
    For reasons I never understood very well, like jealousy and envy and anger with everything “impractical” and spiritual.
    Even physically he was times bigger and did lots of work in his life he never achieved peaceful state of mind.
    When it concerns me and over the years now decades it became simply obvious that he rather “did not want to know”.
    My studies in India and all my life away from their perspective was “out of perspective” so much that he’d stop at the door for 5 minutes before he told us he has to rush and never talked to me kindly or asked a good question.

There were years he seemed to be inventing stories (dirty lies) about my life and what am I doing and sharing them with the rest of family, behind mums back.

The only think he asked of me one year was about “what kind of food do people eat” and could I take pictures of that.
    I did not because I thought it’s stupid idea ( and he’s on internet anyway). Of course he can’t read English lol so no worries.

He’s buried his sister (my mum) 5 years ago, grandma the next year. Now I’m on his tabs obviously to get rid of but I am difficult to find nowadays

But why am I sharing this and to close the logical loop: true skeptics are also rare because every true doubt and skeptic applies with the person himself at the end the most.
    There are stubbornly ignorant people though who mask themselves as “skeptics”
    or “believers” but they are neither true skeptics or people of faith.

They are them , overblown selves in their best

Happy Fullmoon

🌕

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

palehorse (2nd November 2020), raregem (31st October 2020), Wind (31st October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

37. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member Heartsong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 times in 498 posts

I was born in 1950. I grew up on early television and the vision of normal it presented. What I saw wasn't my normal. I learned early to not to trust what was presented to me. I didn't fight back, that would be dangerous. I withdrew and became what I needed to be to survive. I had a sense that what I saw and heard was a kind of noisy pantomime of endlessly intertwined plots. People were acting parts motivated by their own perceived needs and others perceived needs. As I aged and followed a path not always of my own design I found I couldn't escape anymore than anyone else could. Avalon is a form of escape, a nudge toward a release of the pantomime.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heartsong For This Post:

palehorse (2nd November 2020), raregem (31st October 2020), Zanshin (1st November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2