1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,485 times in 1,711 posts

Default Re: The twilight of my enlightenment

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)
    We have all realiz
    been tested yet, I can only say I will not get the vaccine but if I’m starving, threatened by losing my home, job etc will I still stand firm? Only time will tell.
    I feel the same. I hope that if i am confronted at gun point I will say "Pull the trigger, you bastards" < but I might not even have the chance to say that. Yes, now I say it and I will not chicken out. Even if it does not change anything, I am determined to stay
    with what I believe.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th November 2020), Chris Gilbert (6th November 2020), Craig (5th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), RunningDeer (5th November 2020), Sadieblue (5th November 2020), Savannah (6th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th November 2020), wondering (5th November 2020), Yoda (5th November 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,485 times in 1,711 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    In the beginning his world of "fake" would become so many years later

I'm in the twilight of my enlightenment, pertaining to sharing socially and expanding collectively.
    I'm entering a new journey inward, deeply inward.  I'm solitary on this journey . Not alone

dauld 11/2020
    I'm so glad to finally be able to talk with people who are on the same page, and not be given the cold shoulder
    or much worse.
    I know I still have to confront others of opposing views.

I only have semi-friends/acquaintances, and that's ok and I have to thread gently so as to not offend.
    They put up with me knowing I don't agree with them. No point in arguing with them at this point.

I have for 30 years given subtle indications or told outright to my brothers what I had learned
    with nothing but ridicule.

We are at a crossroads and can expect face much worse in the final onslaught coming our way.
    We are together as one.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Anka (5th November 2020), Bill Ryan (5th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), RunningDeer (5th November 2020), Sadieblue (5th November 2020), Savannah (6th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th November 2020), thepainterdoug (5th November 2020), wondering (5th November 2020), Yoda (5th November 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Quote Posted by Craig (here)
    Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    Life is always a struggle because there is so much we don't know. If you have never searched for truth or enlightenment (different meaning for everyone) you probably go through life either numb or blissfully ignorant. That would be a wasted life.
    As an ill informed devil's advocate if we are eternal beings on the merry-go-round of reincarnation can anything be called a wasted life? I ask this from a rather circuitous route because I often grapple with thoughts about critically ill children who only live for a short time, or children born into the worst poverty imaginable - was it just pot luck that the soul occupied that body? Or if it is all a 'game' and we recycle through this, eventually we will be one of these? I have also been having some really weird thoughts of the idea of free will v reincarnation and if i could articulate it I would make a post of it, but I digress, as usual, I'll leave with this if we are all one experiencing a this particular facet of creation - how can we be anything but alone?
    I completely understand where you're coming from. These same thoughts have occupied my mind for a long time. Why is someone born into an inescapable war-torn poverty-stricken country, while others are born into so-called privilege? I believe we choose the life we are born into, whether it be a young child with a terminal illness or a life of luxury and excess. In some respects, our free will was exercised before we ever arrived.

Once we arrive into the framework that we established, we live within the broad strokes of that life exercising free will to utilise "it" in a way that benefits ourselves, family, friends and society. Sometimes the purpose of the life we have decided to live is simply to bring purpose and understanding to others. For example, the young child that dies from an accident or terminal illness at an early age impacts multiple lives that he or she is connected to for his/her short time on earth. That life may have been filled with purpose.

For a long time, I used to believe that no life was ever wasted regardless of how it is used. I no longer believe that to be the case. I don't think it makes any difference if you are born into terrible hardships or into a life of privilege. If you can't find goodness or love in your heart, if you keep fighting the war, feeding the addiction or living in a hedonistic way you are wasting your life and you are destined to repeat it.

Of course, all life does have some meaning but if we don't prospect for that meaning we are lost souls. My belief is that the reincarnation merry-go-round has a purpose and an end.
    R

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Agape (10th November 2020), Bill Ryan (5th November 2020), Craig (5th November 2020), East Sun (5th November 2020), LoneWolf76 (10th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), Mike (5th November 2020), RunningDeer (5th November 2020), Sadieblue (6th November 2020), Savannah (6th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th November 2020), thepainterdoug (5th November 2020), wondering (5th November 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,274 times in 1,654 posts

Hello thepainterdoug, i undertand your feelings , i m there too.

A couple years ago i find something reveiling to me, it explains the why …
    Maybe some people here new that or the infomation is some where in Avalon tresure,
    i dont have time to search…

it is about why people cant see the truth.

https://truthandvibration.com/blogs/...ls-of-illusion

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th November 2020), East Sun (6th November 2020), Journeyman (11th November 2020), RunningDeer (5th November 2020), Sadieblue (6th November 2020), Savannah (6th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th November 2020), thepainterdoug (5th November 2020), wondering (5th November 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,106 times in 905 posts

This is fascinating, referring to the video from Vicus...probably over my head, but fascinating. I am very interested in what my much trusted fellow Avalonians take is on this.
    Last edited by wondering; 5th November 2020 at 21:24. Reason: clarification

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th November 2020), East Sun (6th November 2020), rgray222 (6th November 2020), RunningDeer (5th November 2020), Sadieblue (6th November 2020), Savannah (6th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th November 2020), thepainterdoug (5th November 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 times in 536 posts

What a awesome thread.

I hope when the time in right I can depart this dimension with love and courage and hopefully allowing for growth in others

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th November 2020), East Sun (6th November 2020), rgray222 (6th November 2020), RunningDeer (5th November 2020), Sadieblue (6th November 2020), Savannah (6th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th November 2020), thepainterdoug (5th November 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

Trying to disengage from the baying and hubbub of the crowds of people engaging each other in a adversarial way.

Stepping back , not caring to join in, or feeling a need to try and help is a sign of growth.

That disengagement is really a recognition that there is a growth process going on but swimming in that disturbed ocean may not be beneficial or pleasant.

I try to disengage, I tell myself that I have no need or desire to assist others with their worldview or perceptual models, its not my job. Then examine why or what tugs one back in to the melee?

Ah, its the ' what they think about me' problem, or the 'why dont they get what I am saying' problem.

Leave them to it. Onwards and upwards.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Agape (10th November 2020), Bill Ryan (5th November 2020), Craig (8th November 2020), East Sun (6th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), rgray222 (6th November 2020), RunningDeer (5th November 2020), Sadieblue (6th November 2020), Savannah (6th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th November 2020), thepainterdoug (5th November 2020)

15. Link to Post #28
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

I too feel like I've given up and become more reclusive and less likely to share my thoughts.
    I listen now, without adding to discussions as my ideas and experiences fall outside what "they" want to hear.
    All seems fake and poorly thought through ( like Doug's wrestling- so obvious )

As jimi hendrix said "the world is nothing but a gimick" !

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Agape (10th November 2020), Baby Steps (8th November 2020), Bill Ryan (5th November 2020), East Sun (6th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), rgray222 (6th November 2020), RunningDeer (5th November 2020), Sadieblue (6th November 2020), Savannah (6th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th November 2020), thepainterdoug (5th November 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

THANKS EVERYONE for your participation. I will try to better read each comment. I tend to put a thumbs up on each one just to say I see you!! Bill, we need an I see you button aside from agreement, non agreement! But Im sure you have enough to do.

Perhaps the takeaway is that we are all being pushed, encouraged or confirming necessary growth. And growth IS inward.

EAST SUN SAID/ I'm so glad to finally be able to talk with people who are on the same page, and not be given the cold shoulder
    or much worse.

East Sun, What do you get when you show up late for dinner at Jeffrey Dhamers house? The cold shoulder Joke Joke!

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Agape (10th November 2020), Baby Steps (6th November 2020), Bill Ryan (5th November 2020), East Sun (6th November 2020), justntime2learn (5th November 2020), LoneWolf76 (10th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), rgray222 (6th November 2020), RunningDeer (5th November 2020), Sadieblue (6th November 2020), Savannah (6th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th November 2020)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,274 times in 1,654 posts

Hello thepainterdoug, i undertand your feelings , i m there too.

A couple years ago i find something reveiling to me, it explains the why …
    Maybe some people here new that or the infomation is some where in Avalon tresure,
    i dont have time to search…

it is about why people cant see the truth.

https://truthandvibration.com/blogs/...ls-of-illusion

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th November 2020), rgray222 (6th November 2020), RunningDeer (5th November 2020), Sadieblue (6th November 2020), wondering (6th November 2020)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,088 times in 20,639 posts

In Buddhism there are two essential paths, the Mahayana, or path of the Bodhisattva, and the Theravada, or path of the Arhat.
    Theoretically, the former achieves enlightenment by postponing it and vowing to save all other sentient beings before going into Nirvana, the latter focuses more on achieving enlightenment for self, and as quickly as possible.
    There is something to be said for both, and I think it's likely most aspirants vacillate between the two at varying times.
    ( No doubt Agape would be happy to fill in more details on that theme, if asked.)
    When I was actively practicing Zen meditation back in the 60s and 70s, I didn't worry too much about it, but it's an issue that has been coming up for me a lot in the last couple of years...ie feeling a loss of purpose upon realizing how unreceptive most people are to hearing hard truths about what's really going on in the world.
    (But there are other ways to share wisdom such as meditation groups if you can find a good one. and there's not usually a lot of talking in such groups, so little chance of controversies springing up. )

I've found some very helpful information about reincarnation and the various stages of soul growth in the Michael Teachings: See https://www.michaelteachings.com/
    Participants in this thread might want to go directly to this link: https://www.michaelteachings.com/old_soul.html

It helped me to understand something about Old Souls that was really puzzling me before as I thought Old Souls should have it all together, when actually ( according to the Teachings, and it tallies with my experience), Old Souls can often be something of a mess because they see right through so many of the illusions about this earthly plane and it can be a very disillusioning process.

As for babies dying, and the suffering of children, etc. it's very hard to fathom the philosophical question of "WHY" so much suffering on the part of innocents, but according to the Teachings, it seems that souls newly arriving on this material plane of earthly existence (what Michael calls "Infant Souls", and "Baby Souls") have a much tougher time just surviving at first because the terrain is so unfamiliar and skill sets have not been developed.
    Some psychics have said that Earth is moving into a higher frequency now and that when it has arrived there, there will not be so many younger souls incarnating here.
    And that one reason for so many souls being here now is because the transition of a planet to a higher dimension is a valuable experience to live through for the younger souls, which they can then bring to younger planets to help those planets through that transition when their time comes.
    Of course it's all much more complicated than that no doubt, and hopefully such transitions are not as traumatic on other worlds as they are on this one, though for all we know, it may be even more so elsewhere.
    So remembering Gratitude is always a good practice...
    Last edited by onawah; 6th November 2020 at 08:06.
    Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Agape (10th November 2020), Bill Ryan (6th November 2020), Craig (8th November 2020), East Sun (6th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), Michi (6th November 2020), rgray222 (6th November 2020), Sadieblue (6th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (6th November 2020), wondering (6th November 2020)

23. Link to Post #32
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

CRAIG, the idea of a wasted life doesnt work for me. I believe we cannot know the complexity of this reality we all seem to be living. Nothing is wasted , no life is wasted. I get most of my recent thoughts on this by studying OBE,s and Robert Monroes books on OBE.

Savannah. Thanks. Yes its worse for ME now. Doesnt mean its true for others. but many may agree with me. And yes it may be how the rapture plays out. And I will not get a vaccine as well. But its a matter of how hard it is pushed. Dont want to win a battle and loose the war
    Yes, I am right there with you on the vaccine thing. You are a couple years older than me, so a few of the early experiences was not as obvious to me -but we have seen some change through the years.

I have always also wanted to express (not really sure what) but something about the fact that you have followed the painting path as you have. I am really impressed by that. I went to school for animation quite a few years ago - trying to find myself a path with art. Animation requires a quick hand as they were paying by the foot of film. 24 frames per second. 2 frames per drawing on average - I was too slow so I think I was making something like $1.24/hr.

I am too busy for my own artwork. I need a quiet spot and need to be free of any thought that I need to be doing something else. Hard to find time like that, but I have had couple good times when I pulled off something that I was really proud of - and surprised myself. So to see the amount of work that you have done is impressive - and your style is cool. I wonder what painters do you feel have influenced you?

I had the opportunity to be in an art class in high school where Robert Bateman was teaching. (If you are not familiar with his work, have a look.) He was a normal art teacher, and me being a young teenager, he did not catch my interest - until he brought in a painting he was working on one day. It was an early one he did of wolves. The entire class looked at him with new respect.

Anyway - just wanted to throw a cheer out to you!

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th November 2020), East Sun (6th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), Sadieblue (6th November 2020), Savannah (7th November 2020), Strat (6th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (6th November 2020), wondering (6th November 2020)

25. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Dear Doug: I don't know whether you paint for personal pleasure and fulfillment or whether you also do so professionally. When I was in my teens, there was little to no leisure time; but I tried to paint with Oils. It was then I realized that without a technical knowledge of how Oils behave and must be used, in every aspect, along with knowing how to draw properly, types of brushes and brush work, and so on and on, I was getting nowhere. If you have a mind to, it would be wonderful to write a detailed outline of techniques, etc., and then possibly have a video made illustrating how each is employed. I went through the mental exercise and it became voluminous and off putting. Then, I thought, why not start with painting techniques for beginners, since we are the people most likely to be interested. It can be marketed alone with your favorite paint box set, perhaps with the financial help of its manufacturer. Then, if that goes well, an expansion of "Painting for beginners in Water Colors or other mediums; painting techniques of the masters, etc. financed by the brush manufacturers. So many people would love to paint but have not a clue. Just an idea to toy with that may be financially lucrative. Never mind if it has already been tried, there are many new twists to a theme which are helpful.

Never mind the physical, and mental differences we have from those around us. If we are trapped into planning a too difficult life path before we enter this game, we will emerge wiser, if sadder. There are many such stories all around you; and I can see from your face that you are both a loving and compassionate soul.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

East Sun (7th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), Patient (7th November 2020), Savannah (7th November 2020), wondering (7th November 2020)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,241 times in 4,595 posts

I came to this paradoxical conclusion at the dawn of my day and that in this world of deceit and upon perceiving the fullness of the deceit,
    as pure minded entity I’m bound to be a failure.

If every “true victory” in the eyes of the world has to be payed in blood there are no “righteous victories”.

Failing to fake my quest for truth, I have never fitted to any system or a group but I’ve seen how they work and whom they gather.
    It’s not that I could not have been fitted somewhere easy- looking back to my early life I could have been anything I wished to be if I did not look for full truth and answers instead.
    Likewise I failed to fake relationships, any and all relationships and I’m unable to do that which too is a failure, in the eyes of this world.

I stood at the precipice of many times and timelines in this very life, times of big changes of cultures and societies, witnessed slow exodus of some of them and emergence of bright new timeliness of future with windows of countless possibilities.

I surfed ( in live mode in matter of years) some of those timelines until new times emerged, spontaneously. On the great sea of consciousness there’s constant motion , there is no getting stuck,
    people get stuck in their own mind prisons for lifetime but true nature of life is constant transformation instead.

I do not see the same boundaries some people see, in between us but I see people constantly creating their boundaries.

What’s there to win in this world ? Safe enclosure ?

I chose to experience instead, the power of life and our Minds over and above the matter. Our minds for free and its intelligence and life is boundless.

The times I stopped believing in this world completely were probably the best times I could make any use of it. The times I could get the “heartless feel” right and be little more brave than usually.

My inner feel and atmosphere is that we come here from distant worlds , full of optimism but boy we learn hard to subsidise.
    We wish to discover the mystery of human life and touch the base,
    upon which our consciousness passes away and transforms to nature

and part of it detaches itself from the matter
    and floats back to its Mother Star.

We all come to this point we chatted about so long philosophically when we have to fully detach from the deception of worldly matters at once
    and start walking “home”, barefoot.

After it happens about 1001 times , it’s eventually also going to happen for real and it’s mostly a peaceful event unless it’s “no event at all”.

Those people we “left behind” asking about the “meaning” will be there for a while yet, debating meanings.

In either case ..our true home the Light of the Spirit and sanctuary are always there for those who make some steps towards it.

And the mystery of purposes and meanings

🙏🕯💫

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Craig (10th November 2020), Journeyman (11th November 2020), LoneWolf76 (10th November 2020), onawah (10th November 2020)

29. Link to Post #35
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 times in 1,185 posts

I'm in the twilight of my enlightenment, pertaining to sharing socially and expanding collectively.
    I'm entering a new journey inward, deeply inward.  I'm solitary on this journey . Not alone
    I would say it's part of the way, but is it the way? We change over time, what was true yesterday is no longer today.
    We must give up to gain our inner freedom, the outside is only an illusion, it is our perceptions of consciousness linked to a frequency of a world that we believe to be real.
    It is belonging to thought forms that create the world in which we identify ourselves.
    I would say that we are in full confusion of our incarnation on this Earth.
    We are all Atlantean children, we are all children of aliens, we are all children of the matrix ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2