+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hurricane Iota ... and no, it isn't me!

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Default Hurricane Iota ... and no, it isn't me!

NOAANOAAUnited States Department of CommerceNATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER and
    CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER have issued the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hurricane Iota.png
Views:	37
Size:	437.8 KB
ID:	45144
    https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at...start#contents

at first i was going to get my feelings hurt (the wording and all) but then i realized, they were not talking about me at all!! i've just got to learn to not take things personally!

but seriously, there are mixed reports as to the severity. it has yet to go full force and i believe with focused intent it can remain contained

this area has only ever had 4 major hurricanes hit. one being Mitch in 1998 and Eta last week. they have barely had time to recuperate which seems to be tracking almost the exact same path

(if inclined, please send peace and calm willing it to be STILL ..
    it cannot hurt and the sentient beings there will benefit)

Current information this hour:

"Tropical Depression 31 is currently located at 14.2 N 74.3 W or about 310 miles (500 Km) SSE of Kingston, Jamaica moving West South-West at 7 mph (11 kph). Winds are currently at 35mph (55kph) with higher gusts and the pressure is at 1007 millibars (29.74 inHg). No Watches and Warnings are in effect, though Hurricane Watches will most likely be need for Honduras and Nicaragua this Afternoon or Evening.

Conditions are highly favorable with this storm: wind shear is incredibly low, sea surface temperatures are still very warm and Relative Humidity is very decent. With these factors, Rapid Intensification seems to be on tap once again with the National Hurricane Center forecasting a 110mph Category 2 peak out of this system, though a major hurricane cannot be rules out.

However there is a large model spread in the late term forecast with some models taking it into Southern Honduras while others have it aiming for the Yucatan Peninsula. Nevertheless, everyone in these areas should be prepared for potential hurricane conditions.

Landfall is still relatively far out so it is hard to pin point what conditions will be expected like windspeed and storm surge. But one thing is for sure: rainfall will once again be the main threat.

The National Hurricane Center predicts 20-30 inches (508-762mm) rain to fall mainly over Honduras and Nicaragua on top of the 20-30 (508-762mm) that has already fallen from Hurricane Eta.

This will cause additional flooding and landslides in areas already flooding. Going off of the current NHC forecast, extensive wind damage is possible at landfall as 110mph winds will cause significant roof and siding damage and will also be able to bring down some trees. The most important thing to stress is that the impacts from this storm aren’t going to do anything but hamper those done by Eta.

Take the necessary precautions now as most relief efforts may be undone with this storm. In some areas Eta destroyed the anti-flooding measures in place meaning a second storm will be able to be far more destruction than the first. Stay tuned for more updates and listen to local authorities on what further action to do."

read article here:
    https://www.force-13.com/2020/11/13/...ntral-america/

this website shows its actual movement
    https://www.ventusky.com/?p=13.71;-81.63;6&l=wind-10m

as does this one:
    https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOE...OLOR&length=24
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Eva2 (17th November 2020), Harmony (17th November 2020), Jayke (17th November 2020), Mercedes (17th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread