+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is "alternative thought" now in the balance?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Default Re: Is "alternative thought" now in the balance?

amor, lol i shure do !! half my familily Sicilian! the other half an icy Scots. makes for an interesting internal calamity

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Constance (19th November 2020), Harmony (19th November 2020), Hym (19th November 2020), TargeT (19th November 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    amor, lol i shure do !! half my familily Sicilian! the other half an icy Scots. makes for an interesting internal calamity

haha, all I can think of when I hear Sicilian
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Constance (19th November 2020), Harmony (19th November 2020), Hym (19th November 2020), thepainterdoug (19th November 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,042 times in 911 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    I sincerely understand and appreciate the need to go inward and the value of that. But, speaking only for myself, I feel that going inward, though necessary and important—indispensable even—leaves the job half done. It is not what we know or believe inwardly that alone counts, but it is what we do with what we know and believe inwardly that also counts.

My “inward” must express itself “outwardly”, and vice versa. The trick, I believe, is to accomplish that without intentionally or recklessly harming others (including nature), but rather, working towards a common cause beneficial to all who chose to participate. An abundance mentality, as opposed to a scarcity mentality, coupled with acceptance of others and their diversity, as opposed to rejection of others and a need to control them, is, among other relatively simple things, essential.

Again, speaking only for myself.
    Yes, Satori. If I may say so, for me also. It is so valuable to have folks here complete our thoughts, add to them and crystalize the intent. Thank You.

The inward journey has many different depths for each one.

I don't consider my knowing or my beliefs that valuable and that's not a knock on me. I will only count those things I have done to help, when I look back, much as I see now. Though I use them at times, I hold words in the truth that they are limited in their ability to create and transform the material world. Yet this is our medium, our center and I appreciate it for what it is worth.

This focus that humanity has on it's singular, personal and individual presence misses almost all that is valuable in this world. I agree also that it is only in great ignorance that scarcity finds a place in thought and the discussions sold by those not connected to the power of possibility, abundance and scientific, material facts. How about extrapolating for a moment on the possibilities that the evidence, so hidden by those controlling it's development and use, show us all.

It is the duty, the honoring, even, of living in this impermanence on this very small world to find the permanence, the infinite that is the never ending story, the comfort, the home that lives within us all. I am amazed at the limitations people accept, when the only solution to it all is the discovery and experience of the alternatives that drive all beings to find that home, that lasting permanence.

For me, it has little value in a life, my life, if it is not manifest in doing well for others. I would not have written a word here, nor stayed amongst the 'living' if it was not my loving duty to care for others, regardless of all of my lack of focus and the mistakes I have made. That inward path I was born with always plays in the real world and often finds value and inspiration in service, interestingly so and most often... without words.

Though I do not aspire to such examples, I hold the Vietnamese monk who calmly lit himself ablaze in protest against the darkness, as amongst the highest and most serviceful living one could choose. He chose another alternative to find the serviceful success he found alive in his actions.

And there are endless others, most that do not pass so violently nor end so beautifully, yet ones of many that are just as effective and worthy of living. I also know that the most valuable asset of this temporary living, even given an extended life here, can be accomplished in relative anonymity. I have sung in choirs not bound by these means or these limitations, and every component within is vital to their existence.

If I am not mistaken, the heading of this thread puts into discussion the possibility of our sharing, our discoveries, our prompting and our loving here coming to an end of sorts, all challenged by the complicities of the unlawful, lawbrokering doomsters and their attempts to segregate the spirit from it's purpose. On some level of importance it is life and death. However, it is always that.

Just as every election is the most important election 'ever', they say, so are the paths we choose, daily, moment by moment. It is wise not to overthink this, especially knowing the limitations of thought and the power of knowing, yourself and it's ability to live when lost in service.

It is just another transition, one quite natural, considering the predictable players, their plays and their investments in manipulating social illusions as we know them to be. Those who plan to know what will happen, don't really know and they may not have a clue to the successes cooked into the mix. They also will likely not ever enjoy the fight, nor experience the power of seeing ahead through the looking glass with the lens of another growth of consciousnesses, all that, by definition, are alternative.

Post Edit: I wrote this while not knowing that Target was posting the clip from Princess Bride.
    Cool. The clip is an ode to the odious habit of overthinking while drinking. Or is that over-drinking while thinking?
    Last edited by Hym; 19th November 2020 at 13:32.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Anka (19th November 2020), Constance (19th November 2020), Ewan (19th November 2020), Harmony (19th November 2020), Orph (19th November 2020), TargeT (19th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2